Farmer

PROFIELMessages : 72
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

Nytt mot | Ylva Empty
PostSubject: Nytt mot | Ylva Nytt mot | Ylva EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 4:47 pm

The night had been.. well, there had been better nights in his life. Kettil was sure that he had been awake each hour of the night, and many times he had heard things that weren’t even there. At one point, when the sun was starting to set, he just couldn’t sit there doing nothing until he heard from Ylva. So he found his feet, only to leave the house immediately. There had been no sign from Gerolf the entire night, so probably he had spent is elsewhere, or he was just up to something else. Kettil had absolutely no idea. Without looking to the environment, as he normally always did when he placed a foot outside, Kettil crosses the little field they called their garden. There wasn’t much there, some wildflowers and firewood that still had to be cut. Kettil walked towards the little shed where they kept some of their spare working tools and grain for the winter. Immediately he noticed a linen sack, lying on the dusty floor. With a deep sigh he picked it up from the floor and took it with him back to the house.

Once inside, he walked up to the door from his own bedroom, which he knew was being taken by a complete stranger. A stranger which life had just been turned upside down, exactly like his. With a shivering in his hand, he knocked on the door. ”Ylva?” He said softly, and immediately heard Vegar jump out of the bed. He squeaked softly when he heard his true owner on the other side of the door but couldn’t reach him. ”I have your clothes with me. I will place them right outside the door. If you are ready, you can find me outside.” Kettil was just about to leave, when he thought about the fact that she did not know her way around the house. ”You can follow Vegar, he will know where to go.” He stroke through his face and then went outside again.

Kettil had no idea how many time had passed when Vegar suddenly jumped up to him. He dropped his axe and swept the little bit of sweat from his forehead before he greeted his beloved dog. ”Goodmorning buddy.” He said to the big brown dog and petted him firmly over the head, before he pushed him down again. Vegar immediately took one of the split firewood logs in his mouth and started to run around with it. Not much after Kettil saw Ylva doom up from the inside of the house. ”I hope you have slept well.” He said with a soft undertone in his voice. ”I have some work to do in the stables today, so I wondered if you would want to come there with me?” He pushed the axe a little bit more to the side with his foot before he spoke again. ”We will have breakfast there. If you are hungry at least.” Vegar was already running towards the horse stables, who where quite an end away from Kettil’s house.

Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 98
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : SKAGEN

Nytt mot | Ylva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nytt mot | Ylva Nytt mot | Ylva EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 5:24 pm

The night had been one of the hardest nights of her life. She had stumbled around all over the place in Kettli's room. Banging her shins into many things before she decided to just give up and sit on the bed. Ylva had been able to change into the top he had given her with a little more ease then she had honestly thought she would have been able to do. Taking out her braids, that had been a different story. She had managed that as well nonetheless. Something she was glad for, the last thing she wanted was to ask him for help. He was already doing a lot, even if he thought he was just being a nice person. Laying in a strangers bed had been hard for her, but she kept reminding herself that this was going to be her bed as well soon, and that in a few days he would be sharing this bed with her, so she should enjoy it by herself while she could. Because she had been so scared that Gerolf was going to do something to her while they had been on the boat, it didn't take her very long at all to fall asleep. Her body, mind, and soul had been drained from everything that had happened to her, and what was going to happen to her soon as well.

The first thing she hears when she wakes up is the knocking at the door followed by Vegar jumping from the bed. ”Ylva?” she heard Kettil say first, and she sits up. ”I have your clothes with me. I will place them right outside the door. If you are ready, you can find me outside.” he says to her next and she simply pushes the blankets away from herself and gets up. How was she suppose to find him outside? Did he think one day in his house was going to be enough for her to know the ins and outs of his little home? She was just about to ask him that when he spoke again. ”You can follow Vegar, he will know where to go.” Kettil said to her and she swallowed. "Okay, thank you." she said to him softly before she listened to him walk away.Once she was sure he was gone she opened the door quickly and grabbed the bag. Shutting it hard behind her, she wasn't sure if Gerolf was in the house still and had no desire to speak to him at all.

Getting dressed had been very hard this morning, but she was able to get herself into a dress, and get it tied as tightly as she could. She didn't know what it looked like, but she at least did it on her own. She had tired to braid her hair off to the side, and did the best she could, but it looked very messy. It was a good thing she couldn't see, or she would be embarrassed to walk around with it looking that way. Once she was ready she grabbed onto Vegar's back. "Okay, get us outside please." she tells him, and just like her dog had done, he led her outside before he took off toward what she was sure was Kettil. It made her miss her own home and her own dog more, but she pushed those thoughts away.Being outside and hearing the sounds was nice already, and helped calm her down a little bit. ”I hope you have slept well.” she hears Kettil say softy. Always as kind as can be that man was. She really wasn't going to be able to hate him, which maybe that was a blessing from the gods. At least she had someone kind in all this. "I did, thank you...I hope you were okay on the couch...I feel badly that I was the one in your bed, and that you should have been...and I had your dog.. but I had felt safe enough to sleep so thank you" she says to him. Still feeling very awkward, among many other emotions.

Kettil went on to speak more to her ”I have some work to do in the stables today, so I wondered if you would want to come there with me?” he said next. Ylva gave him a small smile. Before she could reply to him he spoke again. ”We will have breakfast there. If you are hungry at least.” Kettil said to her last. Ylva thought it was silly he was asking, for she would rather be attached to his side so his brother couldn't hurt her, but it was also sweet in a way. That he was trying to give her a choice in something here, even when she really didn't have any. "Yes, I would like to go with you, and breakfast sounds nice..I haven't eaten since yesterday morning before the boat docked here.." she says to him before playing with the side of her dress nervously. She was still worried she looked silly, or dressed and did her hair wrong. "I haven't been around horses much, so the idea sounds a little....fun I guess" she says to him next before giving another small smile and and awkward shrug.

Back to top Go down

Kettil Hagensson
Kettil Hagensson
Farmer

PROFIELMessages : 72
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

Nytt mot | Ylva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nytt mot | Ylva Nytt mot | Ylva EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 5:44 pm

He saw her appear in the doorframe, wearing a clean dress and her hair braided backwards. She looked.. better.. than she had done yesterday. It seemed like some sleep had done her good. Still he asked about her nights rest. "I did, thank you...I hope you were okay on the couch...I feel badly that I was the one in your bed, and that you should have been...and I had your dog.. but I had felt safe enough to sleep so thank you" The way she spoke was soft and hesitating like it had been most of the time. Kettil inhaled deeply and felt the pain in his sore shoulders when he raised them. He put the axe behind the belt around his waist and looked up from the firewood he just cut to the girl. ”Don’t feel sorry for me.” He just said. There were many more things that he could say about their situation.. but he just couldn’t find the energy. It wouldn’t change a thing..

So he spoke about the work that he had to do at the barn, watched her reaction as he told her. He was honestly surprised when he saw a small smile appear on her face. A wrinkle appeared in his forehead as he tried to think about what was going on in her head. How could she be so strong? How could she smile about this entire situation? She told him she hadn’t eaten since her arrival and Kettil immediately felt bad for her. ”I haven’t been around horses much, so the idea sounds a little..fun I guess.” Kettil inhaled deeply and raised an eyebrow. ”Well let’s go then.” He said softly and stepped forward to her. He started to understand that she was making the best out of this. And he realized that he had to do the same. Make the best out of it.. together. ”I think it is safer if you hold on to my arm. If you are comfortable with that at least.” He said when he was standing in front of her and reached out for her hand with his lower arm. ”The ground is not very plain so you might trip easily.” He waited for her to grab onto his lower arm before he slowly started to walk in the direction of the farm and the horse stables. Vegar had become a small, brown dot in the distance.

While they were walking, Kettil peeked at her from time to time. He tried to guess what was going on in her head, but realized the only way to get sure of it was to ask. He wanted to speak to her about her past, about who she was. But he realized that it might make her sad again, and he didn’t want her smile to disappear. So he had to ask something neutral, something safe. But everything that he thought of might remember her to her previous home, one way or another. So without realizing he exhaled more deeply than he had intended to. ”Ylva, I want you to know that I am not a big talker. Especially not in situations like these. But if there is anything that you want to ask me, just ask. I’ll be honest with you always. Or if you want to tell me something about yourself..” Kettil stared straight in front of him when he spoke, afraid that he might have said something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 98
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : SKAGEN

Nytt mot | Ylva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nytt mot | Ylva Nytt mot | Ylva EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 7:28 pm

She simply smiles at him when she hears him tell her not to feel sorry for him.  Ylva thought it was a nice thing for him to say, in a way to make her not feel bad, but she still felt sorry for him.  That they were both in this situation together, that he was getting stuck with a wife like her for the rest of his life. Ylva couldn’t even begin to imagine what he was going through.  That he had no idea that his brother was the way he was, and now he was stuck with the guilt of not knowing.  Not to mention she has called him weak to his face. She had been mad, but she still had done it. Part of her felt bad about it, but she wasn’t quite sure how to even tell him something like that.

The talk about going to the horses, and ylva feels a little bit excited about the idea. She might be stuck in this situation, but for now she could try to make it work. Until she found her way out. “Well let's go then”  she hears kettil says, and ylva just nods her head.  ”I think it is safer if you hold on to my arm. If you are comfortable with that at least” he says to her next and Ylva just nods and takes his arm. “The ground is not very plain so you might trip easily.” Kettil says to her next and she shoots him a smile. “Thank you, you are probably right. I don’t know this land, so I’m sure I would trip.” She tells him before the start to walk together.

Silence falls over them as they walk and Ylva wonders if this will be her life forever. At least if it is kettil seems to be kind to her so far.  He could have done horrible things to her already and he hasn’t yet. Something she is grateful for at the very least. “Ylva, I want you to know that I am not a big talker. Especially not in situations like these. But if there is anything that you want to ask me, just ask. I’ll be honest with you always. Or if you want to tell me something about yourself..” kettil says to her next and ylva turns her head toward him a little bit. It made sense to her that he wasn’t a big talker, and in this kind of situation it was hard to even think of what to say. “Okay, thank you Kettil. I will also be honest with you.” She says to him before going silent for a moment.

“I suppose you are probably the nicest man I could have hoped to be married to” she says suddenly saying her thoughts out loud to him instead of keeping them in her head “My father wasn’t a good person, and probably would have married me to someone cruel and old. Just to get me off his hands.” Ylva says to him next, not sure why she was sharing this with him. “I probably talk to much too sometimes...but normally it’s because I’m excited someone wants to listen to me.” She says to him next with a shrug “so if I talk to much I’m sorry. I’ll do my best not to be annoying..” ylva adds in next a little sheepishly. “Oh I’m a healer too... Well in training. I thought myself everything I know so far...I practiced on myself mainly.” she tells him next. “Did you always want to be a farmer?” She asks next. Trying to not just talk about herself.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

Nytt mot | Ylva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nytt mot | Ylva Nytt mot | Ylva Empty

Back to top Go down
Nytt mot | Ylva
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1