Floki Skarsson
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 29
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] Empty
PostSubject: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 4:01 pm

A very light coat of snow covered the lands and even the water started to freeze over. Every breath came back out as smoke. The air felt like tiny knifes cutting against one’s skin when walking. It made everyone shiver to the bone. At least everyone that was no used to it. After all most people here had seen many cold winters such as dese and it did not bother them. Neither did it bother the old boat builder as he was cutting through the would he had laid ready. Normally he would not work on the boats during winter. But he wanted them to be ready, the gods wanted them to be ready, so that he could give them to Björn once he returned from his journey. Of course that was to see if he would return after Floki himself came back from the raid. Personally he had not much interest in the raid. After all it wasn’t t far and well he wanted to go back to those lands full of wonder and promise. But after all a raid was a raid and he did want to honour the gods, and honour his promise to pretty little Ivar. Who had asked him so ‘nicely’ to come. He would go for him. Also he did want to see how Ivar would cope with his new legs that he himself had built for the boy. With it he wouldn’t only be able to move forward like a fox, but fly like an eagle as well. The thought of it alone did make him kind of exciting for he had a feeling it would be glorious.

But for now it was not the time to think of such things. No for now he would built his boats as he loved to do. Even in the freezing cold. After all he was just the crazy old boat builder. But the energy he put in cutting the wood and the fires he had made around himself kept him warm, he did not feel much of the cold in this state so he would not complain. With absolute concentration he broke a tree perfectly in two. From the would he would be able to make two beautiful curved planks for the of the boat. He let out a high pitched laugh as he let his fingers move over the wood. Before he took his axe and carefully almost with outmost perfection, he started to cut away the would he did not need. Slicing off piece by piece and throwing that what he would not use into the fire without a second thought. He was highly into his work as he spotted movement from the corner of his eyes.

But he did not look up nor did he have the need for it. Cutting off another piece of wood and throwing it in the fire he stood. Twirling the axe in his hand as he looked over the rough plank he was making. His head falling to the side and then moving to the other side like that of a snake. Before he slowly spoke. ”Are you lost?” With those words his head snapped to the child that seemed to stand there. He did not know her therefore he knew she was not from Kattegat. A traveller maybe, but it did not matter to him. After all he just wanted to build his boats. He let out a hum as a mischievous smile came to his lips, his eyes narrowing a bit as he observed her. Before he turned on his heal and started to walk to her slowly. His hand moving up as his fingers seemed to move slowly, like the arms of an octopus. He stopped closely by her and looked down at her. Soon pointing with his axe towards the way that would lead to the village. ”The village is that way.” He said to her, supposing he could at least help the child that much.

@Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

PROFIELMessages : 148
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : The Trickster
Place of birth : Skagen

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 8:55 pm

It had been a rather difficult task, but after lots of begging on her behave, she had been finally let out on her own to do as she pleased for a day. After having promised all three men that she would do nothing to get into trouble, and that she would be on her best behavior while out on her own. Well mostly promising to Haskell and Hankon that she would be good. She got the strong feeling that Henrik really didn't care what she was up to, as long as she didn't get into trouble. So once she was finally on her own, Sofie decided to go exploring. There were many things here in the village that she wanted to do and see. Like finding Ivar, however she didn't know enough information yet to go and hunt the man yet. She needed to make completely sure that there was only one Ivar in this village before she went up to the prince and spoke to him. Hopefully if he was the only one, that the rumors that she had heard about him were not true. Or talking to him was not going to be very fun at all. Men with attitudes were not fun people to try and have conversations with, even more so when she planed to ask him if he kidnapped her friend and killed her family, or if he knew of anyone who would do something so horrible.

While out and exploring she wanted to take a look at the ships here and see if there was anything different about them then the ones that her sister made. If so she would be able to tell her about that, and then Freyja would be able to take the information she learned form looking, and apply it to he own builds. Plus she had hard that the main boat builder here in Kattegat was very interesting. So going to see him and talking to him would be fun hopefully. As long as he was a nice man that is. So Sofie let her feet guild her down to the area she had heard the man that built ships was going to be. She had her sword with her, so if something was to happen she would be able to protect herself, but she hoped that he would be as friendly as most of the people she had met here were. The walk really hadn't been long, and before she knew it she was brought the sight of a man Cutting and carving wood for one of the ships he was building.

Sofie watches him for a moment before she hears his voice. ”Are you lost?” she hears him ask her first, and she guesses thats a good first thought. Why would she be out here, if he didn't know she was going to be coming here. Taking a deep breath she was just about to speak when she see him snap his head into her direction. She just looked at him for a moment as he looked at her, he didn't seem to be someone super threatening to her own person. Suddenly, he was walking toward her however and Sofie made sure to stand strong and confidently as she looked at him get closer and closer. He stops in front of her, close, but not too close, before he looks down at her. He was much taller then she was to say the least, and much more skin then she would have thought he would be. Sofie watches him as he points his Axe back toward the way she came and speaks again. ”The village is that way.” he says to her and she nods her had at him,

"I know which way it is, I walked all the way out here from the village"
she says to him first before giving him a warm sweet smile. "I came out here to speak to you, and watch you work if thats okay." she says to him next with the same warm smile as before talking to him even more. "I am from Skagen, and some people in my family makes boats. So I guess I wanted to see how you built boats here, if you don't mind." she tells him truthfully. "My name is Sofie Stafnsdóttir, whats your name?" she asks him next, smiling even brighter.

Back to top Go down

Floki Skarsson
Floki Skarsson
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 6:38 pm

She was a beautiful young girl, but clearly not from around here. So he had been so friendly to show her the way back to the village. After all in his head no one would be crazy enough to come all the way out here. Not even many people from Kattegat did it. Unless it was one of the princes they did visit him sometimes. But even those visits had become slim. Not that it mattered to him. To him it was clear the girl was lost. She nodded as if she was agreeing but then… she said something he did not expect her to say. It was clear on his face. Or at least he was now looking at her as if she spoke another language and he could not understand what she had just said. "I know which way it is, I walked all the way out here from the village" He let his arm with his axe fall back to his side as he stared at her. Frowning lightly as he observed her. She walked all the way from the village to here? ‘Why would she do that?’ He thought in himself not saying anything out loud. Was she curious about the view? But then the girl started to speak again giving him a very warm and sweet smile. His eyes grew more serious at her words thought. "I came out here to speak to you, and watch you work if thats okay." She came all the way out here to watch him work? He looked over her again and moved back a bit. Still slightly confused on why in the world she would want something like that.

But it soon enough became clear. "I am from Skagen, and some people in my family makes boats. So I guess I wanted to see how you built boats here, if you don't mind." He stared at her with a dead serious look that even grew a bit dark at the thought that someone would take his creations and make them their own. He wasn’t totally sure if he liked the thought of another boat builder building boats the way he did. "My name is Sofie Stafnsdóttir, what’s your name?" She tells him next. He stared at her still for a bit. Before he let out one of his high pitched laughs. ”Thihi~” He took a step back. Moving his hand up and hovering it slightly towards her face as if he was examinating her. Before he pointed at her. ”You are a strange one, aren’t you.” But he couldn’t say he did not like it.

He gave her a light smile before looking at her a bit judging. ”Coming all this way to spy on me and steal my work.” he said serious but then still a bit jokingly. He was joking indeed. Though still not sure how he felt about it. He turned back to his work, looking over the wood. Well he guessed it didn’t matter. The boat builder she was speaking off was not here and could not see, so there was little to worry about if he even was worried about anything. He looked back at sofie. ”I am Floki.” He said placing a hand on his work. Before he turned to it again and started to chip off little pieces again. ”Floki the boatbuilder.” He said letting out a very light chuckle. As if that hadn’t been clear to her. ”And you may watch.” He didn’t mind, she was interesting and had spoken the truth so she meant no harm, she was an innocent little bee.

[/color]

@Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Sofie looked at him after she finished telling him why she was here and waited to see what he was going to do and say to her. She had been open and up front with why she had walked all the way out here, and she hoped that he would be okay with it all. She had made sure to pay close attention to his face and all his many facial expressions. First he looked shocked that she had even wanted to come out here in the first place. That tells her that not many people come out here then. It makes her wonder why people wouldn't be out here with the builder. Hopefully it didn't mean he was dangerous, however he hadn't done anything to try and hurt her yet, so she was feeling rather safe for now. Then she saw him first her a dark look when she said her family had builder and she wanted to watch him build. So he knew she was looking to see how he did it differently, however that didn't mean she was going to try and steal all of his ideas, and his way of building as well. Her sister, and her father were great builder, but it never hurt to get ideas or see how others did things in different villages.

Things change from his dark looks to a sudden bright and high laugh that comes from the man in front of her. ”Thihi~” she hears him say to her first. Sofie watches as he drops his axe, steps back, and hone raises his hand toward her. It makes her take a step back as she is ready for him to try to hurt her or something else of that nature. ”You are a strange one, aren’t you.” he says to her as he points at her face. She couldn't stop the eyebrow that she raised at him when he called her strange. Had this man ever seen what he looked like, and how he acted? However she wasn't going to be rude and say something like that to him now. He still had an axe in his hands, and she was not stupid. She just knew she wasn't strange, and that was all that mattered to her. What the man says to her next has her shaking her head at him. ”Coming all this way to spy on me and steal my work.” he says to her. She was not trying to steal his work, well not really anyways. "No not steal, just watch." she says to him before giving a smile to him again."And I don't think I am strange, just honest."

She watches as he moves away from her and waits to see what he was going to say to her next.”I am Floki.” he says and she nodes her head at him, she had heard his name, but wanted to make sure before she addressed him and this was not Floki. ”Floki the boatbuilder.” he says next and she smiles more as she keeps her eyes on him the whole time. He starts to work on his boat a little more ”And you may watch.” he says to her last and Sofie smiles brightly before moving closer. "Thank you for allowing me to watch you Floki, it is also very nice to meet you." she says to him first. "I've heard little things about you here and there, but mostly that you make amazing boats, and are close to the Gods.Is it true, are you closer to the gods?" Sofie says to him next before moving even closer. "I was just not sure if you were Floki or someone else, that is why I asked your name" she tells him next. being honest with him again.She saw no reason in lying to these people, she would most likely never see them again once she went home."My father was a great boat builder before he died, I can see you are very good as well." she says to him next.

Back to top Go down

Floki Skarsson
Floki Skarsson
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 5:13 pm

How foolish this child seemed to be. Telling him she was not here to steal just watch. But it could be counted as the same thing if it was given away to someone else without permission. Maybe a better word for her was a spy? Oh not many people would be happy to have a spy in their presents. Especially not here and not in these times. He would worn her to be careful with her words. But then again it was not his problem. He had nothing to do with this child and so it would stay. If she one day said something to the wrong person then she would notice to make sure to weigh her words before speaking. If she lived to tell the tale and he could know. Because just like her he didn’t always think before saying something and jet he did. Just like her he was ‘always’ honest and it was strange and amusing that she did not understand that being honest was a weird thing. No one was. Not in this world. The only once that were honest in this world were the gods. They would never tell a lie and would always show what they meant truly. But how could he expect an innocent little girl like her to understand. She had maybe many years to come and that way she might one day learn. Maybe one day she would think back to this moment and see what he meant when he had called her weird.

Now he was already back concentrated on his work, though of course he did not forget about the girl. He could see her movements in the corner of his eyes. Well aware of what she did and also about the words she spoke out. "Thank you for allowing me to watch you Floki, it is also very nice to meet you." He only nodded his head lightly, it also slightly seeming like a bow just a swift movement that also could be taken as him just looking towards another space on the wood. His eyes however soon going back to the spot he was working on as her words came back to him. "I've heard little things about you here and there, but mostly that you make amazing boats, and are close to the Gods.” Seemed his name really did travel far after his adventures with Ragnar, though he never cared much for the fame. He couldn’t say he was not glad that they also knew him far and wide for his connection with the gods. That did please him. “Is it true, are you closer to the gods?” That question made his movements stop for a second. He placed his hands down on the wood as he leaned on it lightly with his arms, before he snapped his head to her and looked into her eyes. Looking over her as if he was judging her again. Before his gaze moved to the ground and he shrugged lightly. ”I could not say.” He would not say from himself that he was closer to the gods then others. It was how you looked at it? He did like to believe he was very close to the gods. But some might see it different and he would not have a say in it. He watched her as she seemed to get closer and closer. He soon stood up straight as she spoke again. He mouth didn’t seem to stand still. "I was just not sure if you were Floki or someone else, that is why I asked your name" Was it not common sense to ask someone’s name when you meet them? But she soon continued and as she did so he started to work again. "My father was a great boat builder before he died, I can see you are very good as well." She said and he let out a light hum. He didn’t care much for hr words and what he said next slipped soon of his lips. ”Still not good enough to be heard off.” He said and looked back at her. He didn’t show any emotion as he said it. He hadn’t heard of a Stafn. He hadn’t heard of a boat builder with that name. He gave a light giggle and then started to work again. ”And you?” He suddenly asked. ”Are you planning on building boats?” Maybe she would want to honour her father and would be a boat builder herself one day?
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Sofie smiled at him as she waited to see what hew was going to say about being close to the gods for not. ”I could not say.” was his answer and she had to hold back the eye roll she wanted to give him. For you were close to them or not. However from what she had been told about him, he was a little odd, so maybe he was just not going to give her a straight answer. Sofie guessed that was okay and normal too. This Floki did not know who she was, and she had came here to watch him build his boats and see how he did it differently. So she was sure he was going to be guarded around her. However at least she had been rather open with why she came out here instead of lying to him. Sofie never really saw the reason or need to lie to people, for you would get more of a reaction and more answers form people when you were honest. At least in her experience that was what happened. She got more of what she wanted when she was honest, and less when she was lying. So thats why she did her best to tell the truth with people. "Well if you are close to them, that is very lucky. I've always been fascinated about the gods. I love how they are in control, and things will happen only if they want them to." she says to him with a smile. "Thats part of the reason I make sure to pray to them a few times a day. So that they know that I am with them, and that I trust their plan." she says smiling before making her way even closer.

They start to talk about him and then Sofie brings up her father and that he use to make boats to before he passed away. The thing that this Floki said back to her annoyed her right away, but she bit her tongue to make sure she didn't say anything to his rude words. ”Still not good enough to be heard off.” was what he had said to her, and she wanted to tell him he was wrong. That if Halfdan knew who he was, then he was at least someone, and that he was someone to her. That in her eyes her father would always be he best shipbuilder in the world. "He was well known in our area, and that is enough for me. I am proud to be his daughter, and have no wishes to be anyone else daughter." she says to him as a dark look crosses over her face and she fights back the bit that once to come out at him. ”And you?” he asks her next and she looks at him with her eyebrow raised as she waited for him to go on.

Folki's next words make her look at him for a long moment.”Are you planning on building boats?” he says to her and after a few moments of looking at him she shakes her head no. "No, my sister and my lover are both boat builders. So I don't think my family and life need another one." she says to him with a smile. "I am a thegn, and so I want to raid and battle. I would like to keep moving up, to become a shield maiden someday as well. It all depends on what the gods have in store with me, and what Halfdan has planed as well." she says to him before reaching out and touching his boat just a but. "You are a good carver, my sister took over for our father when he died, but it is clear you are better when you look at your work. I feel however that you have been doing this for far longer,and with time she will get better as well." she says to him before removing her hand and looking around at everything else in the area. Many other finished boots around them as well. "What made you decide to make boats, if it isn't rude of me to ask?" she says to him last as she walks around the boat. looking at more and more of it.

Back to top Go down

Floki Skarsson
Floki Skarsson
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 2:35 pm

The girl her mouth didn’t seem to close as he was working. Her sweet voice seemed to come and come. Without a moment of hesitation. Asking him if he was close to the gods. Who would say. He sure wanted to believe so. But who could truly say but the gods themselves? Though she spoke of how lucky he was if he was close to the gods. His eyes narrowed at the words. As he wasn’t sure if he should call himself lucky. After all it was a blessing to be close to them, but could also be a curse. As sometimes he had to do things that made him suffer more then he would ever have imagined. All for those loving and sweet gods they all adored. The once he loved and adored as well. He was lucky indeed but had also suffered a lot. But looking back at it he now understood why the gods wanted him to do the things he had done. For them and somewhere also for himself. He could see it now. And even though he had suffered he had found it in himself to forgive them as well. As the girl said. They were in control. Control of all living things. The earth, the sky and the humans were just their little puppets. For them to play with and do as they pleased. Life was one big play, laid out before them and the gods made sure to direct them in the right way and even if you lost sight of your own role in life. They would make sure you would see the light again. Redirect too once destiny.

His eyes moved to her as she spoke of how she made sure to pray to them a few times a day. He had to say he was impressed with the saying. If she really did so. He wondered somewhere if in her prayers her mouth wouldn’t stop either. If she would keep talking and talking till she tired herself out. But it was none of his business. After all it was not to him to say how she should be in contact with the gods. But he was glad to know that a young one such as herself still had such dedication towards their gods. It also seemed he had hit a nerve when he had spoken of her father. "He was well known in our area, and that is enough for me. I am proud to be his daughter, and have no wishes to be anyone else daughter." He let out a hum and a chuckle after those words. He was sure she was, and jet she reacted so strongly to his former words. Seemed he might have insulted her or her father. But what would she do? Didn’t seem like she would do anything about it. So maybe it still wasn’t important enough to her. And even after that her mouth didn’t stand still. Talking about how her sister and her lover were both boat builders. That their family didn’t need another one. He had only asked if she wanted to go build boats. He had no need to know whole her life story. But she continued to speak about herself. "I am a thegn, and so I want to raid and battle. I would like to keep moving up, to become a shield maiden someday as well. It all depends on what the gods have in store with me, and what Halfdan has planned as well." Halfdan, his name did strike his attention and he stopped his work for a sec again as he took the axe in his hand and turned to look at her. Crossing one leg over the other as he leaned against the wood he was carving out with his elbow. His eyes moving over her. So she had come here with Halfdan then?

“You are a good carver, my sister took over for our father when he died, but it is clear you are better when you look at your work. I feel however that you have been doing this for far longer, and with time she will get better as well." She continued and it made him laugh. A more proud look falling over his eyes. ”Of course I am.” Of course he was a good boat builder. No he was even better he was the best boat builder and he knew that of himself. He was happy to know that this child at least could see that as well. "What made you decide to make boats, if it isn't rude of me to ask?" He let out a chuckle as he stood straight again. ”Why did I decide to build boats?” He asked, repeating her question as his gaze slid to the side. Looking over the trees that stood up high. Soon he placed his axe on his side as he crossed his arms and turned around. Leaning against the long plank he had been carving. His gaze moving to the water and his expression turning serious. Why had he ever decided to build boats. He narrowed his eyes a bit. ”I am not sure if I remember.” So much time had passed since then. Was it because he liked carving out the trees and create something. ”Maybe because it was the gods their will.” After all there was nothing more next to raiding and fighting and his lovely wife Helga that he loved more. He liked is almost as much as the gods. Maybe because he was just good in it. ”I have always been able to see which trees will make the best planks. Just by looking at them.” His gaze turned back to look at her as he smiled. ”Just like I can see, inside people.” Or at least so he made everyone believe.
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 7:46 pm

She smiled at him when she hears him say ”Of course I am.” to her saying he was good at carving. He had been doing it away Sofie was sure, so it made sense that he was really good at it. Maybe someday Aleinn will be that good at it too. Carving was an important part of building, she remembered her father talking about it a lot as a child when he was still alive. He liked to carve a lot, and had tired to teach Sofie. However she had been pretty bad at it and gave up. ”Why did I decide to build boats? he says next, repeating her question she had asked him at her. So Sofie nods her head at him, that she wanted to know what made him decide to become a shipbuilder. She watched him look like he was in deep thought. As he looked around at things and maybe like he was trying to remember. She hadn't thought he was that old, but clearly his years were getting to him if he couldn't even remember right away why he chose to do something with his life. ”I am not sure if I remember.” Floki says to her next and Sofie just raises and eyebrow at him in return. "Really?" she let slip quietly, but made sure to be quiet until he was done taking after that. He had listened to her.

He goes on to say ”Maybe because it was the gods their will.” to her next and Sofie wonders if that is the case, but she was sure he wasn't remembering because he was old, or took to make blows to the head while on a raid or something. For she was going to remember for the rest of her life why she chose to become a fighter. When she gave up the idea of being a dressmaker to become a warrior to protect and support her sisters. So it was shocking to her he couldn't remember. ”I have always been able to see which trees will make the best planks. Just by looking at them.” Floki says to her next and Sofie finds that interesting. Then he turned his smile back toward her and said something that made her give him a look of oh really. ”Just like I can see, inside people.” were his words and Sofie wondered if anyone really could do that. "That's interesting, that you can see the wood and know the best one. I guess years of doing something can help with that." she says to him first with a smile. "If the gods are helping you as well, that is a even more helpful." she adds in after.

Taking a deep breath she decides to go on. "If you can see inside people, what can you see in me?" she says to him next. In a way challenging him to give her an answer, to see if he really meant what he was saying or if he as just crazy like the people liked to whisper. "Hopefully something good, but I guess I'll have to wait to see what you say."she says to him after before smiling at him. It would be interesting to wait and see what he was going to come up with. Sofie wasn't quite sure if she was ready for him to be on the nose with her. If he was to describe her well without knowing her at all, then he really was with the gods. If he was to get her completely wrong, well then he was just the crazy old boat builder of Kattegat who was very good at his job. Sofie was interested all the same, no matter what Floki was to say to her about it next. At least her long walk out here hadn't been pointless. This Floki was an interesting man all the same, and talking to him had been a nice way to get away and not be bored for a while.

Back to top Go down

Floki Skarsson
Floki Skarsson
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 1:47 pm

This innocent child really did seem to believe anything he said. Or at least she seemed like one who would believe anything he did say. And well there was a lot he could tell her. Stories that were true or not true and he was sure she would listen as she looked like a curious child. Though she spoke a lot too, had many things to say of her own. Or well at least it seemed she had many many questions to ask him. It had been a long time since anyone had spoken to him so much. Even Ivar did not say this much words. But it was not needed as the boy and him understood each other even without words.  It was quite funny though that this strange girl from a strange village would come all the way out here just to speak with him. To see how he built his ship so she could tell her someone in her family. Even though she had not been sure that he was Floki the boat builder. She was honest though so much was true and it was not a bad thing to be curious. In fact he could not say much about that. He was a curious soul as well, in his own funny way. He always did wonder about the far off lands and of course people minds. How he loved to guess what people were thinking, what they would do. How he loved to see their faces every time he said something that some of them did not seem to quite understand. Not that he worried to much about things. He had a lot of thoughts but at least people and what they thought of him was not one of them. As he did believe that the gods would guide them and him as well. So he always knew the right thing to do, like a gift.

Just as the gift he had given to see what planks he could make out of the trees. A perfect tree meant a perfect plank or even two of them. With a nice curve, oh how he loved those. And people were a lot like trees, hiding their true selves behind the skin. Or hiding their true emotions behind a mask we called a face. But he could see through that all, for he had many years of experience with all kinds of people. To him the child in front of him was no different, but it seemed she had her doubts about his words. Telling him it was interesting, almost making him say ‘do you not believe me?’ but he swallowed the words as this was not the right time to play with a child. She could think what she liked to think. After all he was sure she would soon return back to her village and then he would not have to see her again. Only if fate and the gods had it so he might one day. "If you can see inside people, what can you see in me?" Her question caught his attention once more and he crossed his arms looking at her. "Hopefully something good, but I guess I'll have to wait to see what you say."s A light smirk formed on his lips as his eyes caught hers. Almost seeming like he was really looking into her soul.

”Do you really want to know?” He asked silently. Thinking that she might not like what he had to say. But even so he moved closer to her and leaned down to be on the same height as her. Moving up his hand and letting it hover in front of her face. Almost touching her and jet not doing so. Seeming as if his fingers were reaching for her eyes. But then he pulled back a bit, before his hand moved in a face closer as if he was pointing at her. He then chuckled. ”You are a curious child, yes.” He knew that from talking to her, but it was also clear in her eyes. They looked in the world with some kind of wonder, searching for something they had not seen yet. Or at least it looked like that in his eyes. He slowly stood back up straight as he watched her hair wave in the light breeze. ”A gentle but strong heart.” She had spirit so much was sure. ”And someone who can cause quite a bit of trouble.” he said with a higher chuckle. But his eyes soon darkened a bit and the light vibe in his voice seemed to change as well. ”Trouble that might one day, cost you your life.”Saying it as some kind of warning. As if he already could see her end.
But then in less than a second he turned back to his work, looking over it, before turning his head back to her and shrugging his shoulders as he smirk smiled. ”I’m only joking.”
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 5:14 pm

To say she was curious to see what he had to say about her would be an understatement. Sofie always liked to see what people thought about her, and this man claimed to be able to see inside of her. So if the gods really did bless him with such a gift it would be amazing to see it in action. ”Do you really want to know?” Sofie hears the boat builder ask her and she just raises an eyebrow at him as if to say duh at his words. She wouldn't have asked if she didn't want to hear what he was going to say to her. Sofie was not one to just do things for no reason, well minus pranking. She loved to prank people just to get a rise out of them or to see a reaction. So in a way that was a reason anyways, just not a very nice one. ”You are a curious child, yes.” she hears Floki say first, and bites her tongue to not correct him. To not tell him she wasn't a child, as she wanted to see what else the man in front of her was going to say to her. However in her mind and heart she knew she was not a child, not anymore. Not after what happened with her father, and then the things that happened with Halfdan as well. Long gone was the child inside of her.

Floki was much closer to new now in her face almost before he stood up and went on. Sofie had her full attention on him as he went on to say ”A gentle but strong heart.” to her next. He was slowly getting her more and more to believe him, that he was really able to do as he claimed he could do. ”Trouble that might one day, cost you your life.” Floki added in next and Sofie felt her heart pick up at those words. Would Halfdan decide to just kill her or hurt her? Would she mess up again and get someone else hurt? So many questions entered in and out of her mind as she looked at him with wide eyes, eyes that if he looked close enough he could see the fear inside of them. Did this man know what happened to her in her own home village? Could this Floki the boat builder really see inside her that well? Sofie was about to day something else in return when she heard him say ”I’m only joking.” to her.

She was sure her whole face was bright red when she looked at him in shock. Both mad that he had tricked her and that she had fallen for it as well. " What?" she finds herself saying to him first a little dumbfounded. "You were joking?" she says to him next as she crosses her arms over her chest and looks at him. "Well I didn't find it as funny as you did" she says to him before letting announce wash right over her. "I really thought you had gotten everything right, crazy old man" Sofie adds in next as she shakes her head at him and rolls her eyes. "I suppose you got me, good job." she adds in next as she decides maybe she has seen enough for the day. "Do you do that a lot? Fuck with people because they believe you? It might be fun if not! Clearly you are good at it." Sofie tells him next as she twists and cracks her back. "I would use it to mess with people, but thats just me" she shrugs and looks over at his boat again.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie] Empty

Back to top Go down
The boatbuilder & the child. [Sofie]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1