Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 52
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 1:09 am

Garth had been thinking about going home to see his mother and sister for a while. He had been missing Yrsa and his mother a lot more lately. Things had been very busy for him for a few weeks, but now he was a little less busy and knew that he could get away without losing too much work and money. Besides he knew that Svart would keep an eye on his things for him. So nothing would get stolen or broken into while he was gone as well. So Garth made sure he finished all his projects and had them delivered to the rightful owners before going home and packing up some things for his journey to his old home. He hoped his mother’s husband wouldn’t be to annoyed with him being there. Maybe if he was lucky Yrsa got her own home like he had told her to do.  Then he could stay with his sister instead with his mother. Well he he supposed he could stay at the tavern as well, but why spend the money right before the winter? He saw no reason at all to do that. He was already spending a good amount of money to come and visit and then come back.

Garth and his items and gifts for his family got on the boat and stated his ride back. The weather hadn’t been to horrible while he was traveling. Garth also didn’t have any trouble with sea sickness this time as well. Something he was very glad for when he looked at a women getting sick over then side of the boat a lot to the ride. One he finally arrived in his old village he went straight to his old home. “Mother I’m home!” Garth said as he walked inside and was greeted by a big hug from her in return. “Oh hunny it’ so good to see you!” his mother said as she pulled back and smiled at him. “You are getting so strong!” She told him next with a giggle. “Is there a woman in your life yet. I want grandchildren soon” she said to him next and Garth groaned at her. “Mother, I’m still young. But I do like someone..pray to the gods it works out if you really want grandchildren” he told her with a laugh.

Turning away from her he saw her husband. Who just nodded at him before going outside. Garth was use to that kind of behavior so it didn’t bother him to much.  “Where is Yrsa?” He asked next. “She moved out. Into her own home. My babies all left me” she said next and Garth silently thanked the gods she had actually done it. Now he wouldn’t have to deal with Yrsa’s father. Going to his bag he pulled out a necklace he bought from Iliana and handed it to his mother. “A gift, the women I like made it, her name is Iliana. As you can see she is very good.” He said as he smiled at his mother. “Oh it’s beautiful thank you! She does wonderfully”his mother told him as she put the necklace on. He was glad she liked it, it hadn’t been cheap. He of course bought the most expensive ones because he wanted to help Iliana out.  

He keep talking to his mother for a while before finding out where Yrsa lived. He left and went right to where her new home was. Banging on the door a bit hard to surprise her.”open up” he said jokingly. He hoped that she was home or he would look rather silly.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 5:46 am

Now that she had her own home, Yrsa couldn’t believe she’d waited so long to move out in the first place. It. Was. Awesome! Her house was fairly small, but there was enough room for her and all her belongings, as well as plenty of room for her animals. It used to belong to an older couple who were pig farmers. The pigs had been sold, but it had a covered, closed in pen right against the house that Yrsa was allowing a family of stray cats to inhabit now. She fed them, and put fresh hay and some old but clean cloth her mother was going to throw away, and tried to make it a warm place for them spend the night, without actually inviting them into her home. Plus, with all the cats around, she didn’t have any problems with mice.

The dogs slept inside the house with her. Though it wasn’t large in length or width, the house was tall, and had a fairly large loft area originally for storage that she was now using as her bedroom. She’d turned the original private, sleeping area into an additional entertaining area, and spare place to sleep in the event she ever had company. She could’ve just done that with the loft, but she didn’t like the idea of someone coming into the home where she lived, alone, and having an easy time reaching her. Few people would expect her to sleep in the loft, which made it the safer option. Maybe she was a bit paranoid, but she was a woman living alone; Regardless of her fighting skill, she wasn’t taking any chances.

Of course, she was still in the decorating stages of having her own home. She wanted it to be nice, feminine, to remind people of home. Turns out, that was a bit expensive. Her father had given her plenty of money in case she needed it, and she had plenty of her own, but she didn’t like to waste money either, and was reluctant to spend so much on a house she wasn’t sure anyone else would ever even enter. However, her mother had insisted on a few things that would make it a bit more cozy and welcoming and when she heard someone pounding on the door, Yrsa was thankful for it.

Aksel and Aleksia immediately started yipping and howling, running for the door and standing there, wagging their tails excitedly. Which, when she thought about it, was not exactly guard dog behavior. They’d never met Garth before so it wasn’t as if they could recognize his voice and knew he wasn’t some dangerous stranger. They looked about ready to lick him to death, rather than go for the throat. Obviously in this case, that was preferable, but she’d need to work on that, she decided, as she made her way to the door.

It had barely taken her a moment to place the voice, even though she hadn’t been expecting a visit from her brother, so she was grinning before she even opened the door and immediately pulled her brother in for a hug. “Garth! What are you doing here?” She wanted to know, giving him space to enter the house. “You must’ve seen Mother, since you knew where to find me. Did she complain to you about how I left?” Because that sounded very like their mother. “Ignore them, please. They’ll sniff for a moment but they don’t bite. Probably,” she added, winking at him before moving further into the house. “What do you think?” she asked, sweeping her arm around to gesture at the building she now called home.

Last edited by Yrsa Tyrsdóttir on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Garth got a confused face when he started to hear barking and howling. He knew his sister loved animals and always had, but he hadn't heard that she had gotten any dogs. That was going to make his stay all that much better. Garth was thinking about getting a dog himself, something to keep him company and guard his house when he is working. Plus he could train it to get tools for him, or maybe that was a little too far. He wasn't sure how smart dogs really could be. He heard movement around outside before the door was ripped open and he was taken into a hug. Garth made sure to hug his dear sister closer and hard before they both let go. “Garth! What are you doing here?” Yrsa said next as she moved away and gave him a bit of room to enter. "Surprise visit." was all he said.Just as he was starting to walk inside he heard her say“You must’ve seen Mother, since you knew where to find me. Did she complain to you about how I left?” she asked him and he let out a small laugh. There mother was always very predictable."You know her too well. All her babies have left her, and I need to give her grandchildren before I get to old." he told her with a shake of his head. He had time,and needed to really wow Iliana before that was ever going to happen. Because at the moment he was pretty sure he only wanted her anyways. She was so perfect in almost every way to him.

As he walked him more her dogs were jumping on his legs. “Ignore them, please. They’ll sniff for a moment but they don’t bite. Probably,” she told him and he shook his head before putting his hand out to let them sniff it. Once they saw he was friendly he started to pet them a bit. “What do you think?” Yrsa then said, bringing him back too her. Still petting the dogs he looked around. Everything looked really nice." It looks like an great place sister. I am proud of you for moving out finally." he said with a teasing wink added at the end. "I'm glad you have your own place. I would rather stay here then with mom any day." Garth said next as he stopped petting the dogs and reached to one of the two swords hanging on his side."This is for you." he said as he reached the sword toward his sister. He had spent a lot of time on it, and wanted to give it to her before winter. The handle had many different designs on it, and ever a few shiny rocks he had found. He hoped she liked it. Once she had taken it from him he reached into his bag and grabbed her second gift out next. Another necklace made by the sweet Iliana."This too." he said next. Holding that out too.

He wanted to spoil her a bit, he had been doing very well lately and had lots of extra gold.Yrsa should know how women should be treated as well. Himself and her father were to set those standers to her. She should be given gifts from her lover when ever she got one, and treated as close to a queen as she could be. At least in his eyes thats how you should treat your women. He would never be like whoever his birth father was. He wouldn't have children out of the marriage bed, he knew that life could be hard, and wouldn't do it to someone else."Iliana made it, I gave one to mother as well. As you can see she is the best." he told his sister about the necklace. A goofy smile all over his face as he talked to Yrsa about it. "I've been a good boy, and been talking to her...trying to not let my problems stand in the way..your telling me off when I saw you last helped.." he said next as he scratched he back of his head and then went back to petting the animals while she looked over her gifts.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 7:11 pm

“I love surprises,” she announced with a grin as her brother wandered into the house. She made a note to thank her mother again, even though Yrsa really hated when the older woman was right. It actually did look really nice, even if not quite as nice as she would’ve hoped.

When Garth confirmed that their mother had in fact complained about her moving out, Yrsa rolled her eyes but couldn’t help the laughter that bubbled out of her when he mentioned grandchildren. “She ought to have more kids of her own if she wants new babies in the family. I’m certainly not planning on having kids anytime soon.” Not that Yrsa would mind if her brother started having kids, but she didn’t think if was very nice for anyone to put pressure on other people to have children. It wasn’t anyone else’s business.

She nudged him with her shoulder when he said he was proud of her. It had taken her a rather long time to move out of her parents house, but now that she’d done it, she knew he was right. She should’ve done it a long time ago. She laughed again when he said he’d rather stay there than with her parents. “I don’t blame you,” she answered with a grin, and pointed to the back of the house. “You can sleep back there. There’s a bed. The dogs will sleep with me,” she told him, pointing up to the loft.

A look of surprise that came over her face as Garth handed her a sword, telling her it was hers. “What? Why? It’s amazing!” The puppies seemed to be a bit confused, because they clearly liked her brother. He’d just been petting them and being nice to them, but then he pulled a sword out. They had the bad habit of growling at her training partners and she could hear Aksel whining a bit until Garth had handed her the sword. Yrsa honestly wasn’t certain if he’d been whining because Garth had pulled a sword out or because he’d stopped petting him. She really needed to do something about their awful guard dog behavior.

And then he was handing her a necklace and she sent him a smirk and a bit of a sideways glance. She had already guessed where he got the necklace before he told her Iliana had made it. “She’s very talented,” Yrsa answered politely. It was a very pretty necklace, with a lot of intricate detail. The shield maiden didn’t often wear jewellery but thought it would actually help out with what she had to do over the next few months. Which was something she needed to discuss with Garth, so she was glad he’d come to visit.

Listening to her brother talk about how he’d actually been having conversations with Iliana and that her yelling at him had helped, she grinned wide. “I am more than happy to yell at you whenever you like, if it’ll help you in any way.” She put the sword and the necklace down carefully on a nearby empty shelf, so the dogs couldn’t hurt themselves or ruin the necklace. “So, will Iliana be the one giving Mother some grandchildren?” she wondered, biting her lip to keep from laughing as she waited for his reaction. Occasionally, watching her brother’s face turning more and more red was a fun game she liked to play.

Yrsa grabbed a pair of cups and poured them each some water from a pitcher. She didn’t drink ale very often, so didn’t have any on hand. “Thank you for the gifts. I’m really glad you’ve come.” Taking a sip of the water after she took a seat at the table in the center of the room, she looked at her brother for a long moment before she added, “There’s something I need to talk to you about.
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Garth grinned at his sister when she said “I love surprises,” to him when he told her he had come for a surprise visit. He was glad he came just from the smile on her and his mothers face when they saw him. That made the boat ride and money all worth it in his eyes. He had missed them both, and he had wanted to make sure things between the two of them were okay. She had left shortly after telling him off at the feast, and things had been a little bit awkward for him before she left. He hadn't meant to say those things to her, but in the end he was glad he did. Their talk had helped him make moves on Iliana, and not be so scared about it. Not let his rank and name stand in his way, and for that he was grateful for his younger sister and her harsh words she had given him. She was much more wise then she liked to let no Garth noticed that day. “She ought to have more kids of her own if she wants new babies in the family. I’m certainly not planning on having kids anytime soon.” Yrsa said next with a laugh, and Garth laughed in return as well."I don't think I will be as well, but I think they are getting too old for children." he said with another laugh. "I doubt your father can chance little kids around now a days" he said next before sticking his tongue out at her.

Yrsa spoke again after he said he would rather stay here then with his mother and her husband. “I don’t blame you,” she said first nudging him before adding “You can sleep back there. There’s a bed. The dogs will sleep with me,” he followed her hands and looked around."Thats prefect with me, and thank you. I am grateful you shall let me stay without any notice." he tells her with a smile. He really was glad, he would have stayed int he tavern before staying at his mothers. It would be too weird after being away for so long and without his sister there. Her being there always kept her fathers real feeling hidden away. He was less cold and standoffish when Yrsa was around, and Garth couldn't bring himself to want to be around him and those types of things to much at the moment. He was happy with how things were going for him in his life, and he didn't need someone to remind him he was less and make that happiness go away.

When he pulled out the sword for her he laughed when she said “What? Why? It’s amazing!” to him about it. He also noticed one of the dogs got upset with him for a moment before he handed it to her. Good, he was glad that they were going to be good little guard dogs. "Because I love you, and I want you to have the best." he tells her simply about why she was getting one from him. He had spend a lot of time making it strong and also beautiful for her. Then he handed her a necklace and she said “She’s very talented,” Garth smiled a goofy smile and her and nodded."She is the best." he said simply leaving no room for her to say other wise, not that he really thought that she would. He thought all of Iliana's work was perfect and wonderful, but he made sure to pick the very best and his favorites for his mother and his sister. The deserved it in his eyes. “I am more than happy to yell at you whenever you like, if it’ll help you in any way.” she told him next after he told her he was glad for their conversation.

Her next words had him choking on thin air “So, will Iliana be the one giving Mother some grandchildren? Yrsa said to him and Garth was coughing for a few good minutes before he was able to gather himself enough to send her a glare."Maybe if the Gods feel like being nice to me, then someday..." he said first before petting the dogs some more."I know at this moment I would like her to be the one." he says next before smiling at his sister.  Garth knew his face had to be as red as blood at her words, and the words he said to her after. He would have to get her back now. Make her blush somehow, but he would wait. If he did it right away she would know what he was up to and stop herself from blushing. The little brat she could be sometimes. He watched her move around a bit. She got cups and poured them both some water before saying“Thank you for the gifts. I’m really glad you’ve come.” he smiled and nodded his head at her again. As he watched her talk over to the table and sit down.

Garth slowly made his way over to sit as well when she said “There’s something I need to talk to you about.” to him. He noticed the change in tone and realized it was something important. Did something happen? Did he need to kill someone? "What is it? Who do I need to kill?" he said to her as he looked at her in her eyes. Someone better not have hurt her, they would meet a painful end.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Yrsa scrunched up her face for a moment before shaking her head when Garth mentioned her father chasing after small children at this point in his life. He’d been an amazing father, to her, but no, she couldn’t really picture him with a toddler to look after right now. Well, one of his own. She was certain he’d be a very good grandfather. And that thought, and the fact that they were talking about either of them having children of their own, reminded Yrsa that she needed to have a very long discussion with her father. One that revolved around exactly the sort of behavior she expected from him if and when her brother did have children. She couldn’t have helped how he’d treated Garth as a child, but she would have some very strong words for him if he was anything other than loving and kind to her future nieces and nephews.

Obviously, that wasn’t a conversation she’d be letting her brother in on, so she simply nodded in agreement. “You’re right, they shouldn’t have more kids.” After another moment of thinking about it, she added, “Gods, can you imagine, Mother pregnant again? I’d have to give up this lovely house for nine months and live with you!” She was hard to deal with now, Yrsa didn’t even want to imagine what she was like when pregnant.

The conversation turned to him staying with her and she tilted her head at him, sending him an exasperated look. “Of course you can stay with me. Whenever you feel like visiting. No warning needed. It’s a big bed. If you have company,” Yrsa wiggled her eyebrows at him, hoping to embarrass him a bit more. It was so nice just hanging out with him again.

Well, you’re too nice to me, big brother,” she told him when he said his only reason for the gifts was because she deserved the best. “You want a slightly trained puppy?” she asked, picking Aleksia up and plopped her down in her lap. Aksel had followed Garth when he took a seat, she’d noticed right away. “Just kidding, you can’t have either of them. I’m attached.” She’d been attached from the first moment she’d laid eyes on them, obviously.

For all her teasing, Yrsa was happy for Garth, and hoped this Iliana woman didn’t break his heart. The way her brother was telling it, she was perfect but Yrsa knew better than that. She wanted things to work out for him. “Well, I hope it all works out with her. I’m happy if you’re happy. But I’ll break her neck if she breaks your heart.” She was only half kidding, but knew that would get a reaction out of him. Hopefully he didn’t take her too seriously.

When she turned serious, she felt a bit bad for how she’d stated it, as he was now ready to go kill someone for her. “No, it’s nothing like that. I didn’t even know you were coming, remember? I’d have done my own killing,” she told him with a grin. She took a deep breath and released it slowly. “The Countess has given me a task and in order to complete it, I’ll need to come stay with you for a little while. Shouldn’t be longer than a few weeks, but I don’t know for certain yet. And it’s still in the planning stages at the moment, so it won’t be for a while yet, but since you’re here, I wanted to make sure it was okay with you?” She didn’t want to keep secrets from her brother, especially since she’d likely need him to tell a few little lies for her, but she didn’t like the idea of dragging him into this any more than she needed to.

Last edited by Yrsa Tyrsdóttir on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 am

Garth smiled when Yrsa said “You’re right, they shouldn’t have more kids.” to him. Of course he was right, he was older and more wise then she was he thought to himself jokingly.“Gods, can you imagine, Mother pregnant again? I’d have to give up this lovely house for nine months and live with you!” she said to him next and Garth felt himself shutter. His mother was rather crazy when she was pregnant, and he was glad she was getting to old to to that again. "I think we would need to move a lot farther then my home. She would fallow us for sure, we would have to go into hiding or something." Garth said to her jokingly as he let out big laughs at the idea. Of hiding from his mother, with his luck Yrsa's father would run away with them. “Of course you can stay with me. Whenever you feel like visiting. No warning needed. It’s a big bed. If you have company,” she said to him next when he told her she was glad she was letting him stay. Garth just rolled his eyes at her and her words. Even if Iliana and him got together, he was pretty sure he wouldn't take his love to his sister house when the visited. Yrsa didn't need to hear their love making, and he would by no means do it in her house. So they would stay in the tavern for sure. "How kind of you." he told her with a laugh.

“Well, you’re too nice to me, big brother,” Yrsa said in turn to him telling her he got her things because he loved her. "No, I'm showing you how a real man should always treat you, but you are welcome." he says back to her with a small smile. “You want a slightly trained puppy?” she asked him next before dropping the dog that was following him around on his lap. He petted it right away. “Just kidding, you can’t have either of them. I’m attached.” she said next and he laughed at her. "I won't take your dog, but I will get one of my own I think. If they are this cute and loving." he said to her with a smile as he pet the dog. The idea of having his own little dog put a smile onto his face. Someone to keep him company and protecht his house. Maybe he would get one for Iliana as well. She had said that she really liked animals and use to have dogs. That could help them grow closer as well. He liked the idea of them bonding over the dogs that he got them both.

Then his sister said something that made him roll his eyes.“Well, I hope it all works out with her. I’m happy if you’re happy. But I’ll break her neck if she breaks your heart.” she said about Iliana. He would never let her hurt her, even if she did end up doing nothing but hurting him. However he also knew his sister was just messing around with him about it."How kind of you, however there shall be no neck breaking." he said with a shake of his head. “No, it’s nothing like that. I didn’t even know you were coming, remember? I’d have done my own killing,” she tells him after he gets worried about what she needed to tell him. That was true, she would be able to do that. However he was the big brother and this was his job. To protect and keep safe. it was in the rules. However what she said next shocked him and made his mouth drop open.“The Countess has given me a task and in order to complete it, I’ll need to come stay with you for a little while. Shouldn’t be longer than a few weeks, but I don’t know for certain yet. And it’s still in the planning stages at the moment, so it won’t be for a while yet, but since you’re here, I wanted to make sure it was okay with you?” she said to him and he just looked at her in shock. That was not at all where he thought this was going to go. What would the task be, why was she asked? Could she be hurt? So many thought were in hid head as he looked at his sister. "Like what kind of task? And you know you can always stay with me. No problem there." he says to her in return.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am

Laughing at Garth’s comment about going into hiding, Yrsa couldn’t help but nod in agreement. Their mother was a bit much. “You’re probably right,” she replied with a grin. Things had calmed down between them as soon as Yrsa moved out of her parents house, but unfortunately she didn’t live quite far enough away that Inkeri wasn’t over almost every day for one reason or another. If her mother had liked animals, Yrsa would’ve gotten her a kitten, but she’d made her opinion about animals quite clear from the very first time she’d come home with kittens trailing after her.

She saw Garth roll his eyes at her teasing and grinned even wider at him. “I am just the nicest, aren’t I?” she taunted, winking at him slowly. Aleksia seemed to have decided her uncle Garth was paying far too much attention to Aksel, and not her, and hopped out of Yrsa’s lap, over the table, and into Garth’s lap, nudging Aksel out of her way. “No! You can’t walk across the table, Aleksia!” she admonished the pup, and then sighed when Aksel did the same thing, crossing the table to plop himself in her lap. “Neither can you! No!” He licked the finger she was pointing in his face, and Yrsa looked across the table to her brother. “You’re a bad influence. They usually listen to me a bit better than this.

Scrunching her face up in disgust at Garth’s ‘real man’ comment, Yrsa shook her head at him. “I am perfectly fine with zero additional men in my life, thanks. You, my father and Aksel are all I need,” she told him, before picking up the puppy in her lap and planting a kiss on his head. When he mentioned getting his own dog, her eyes lit up excitedly. “You should! They’re the best! And then you’ll have someone to keep you company, and guard your house, and wake you up at night if anything weird is happening. You should get cats too. They're cute, cuddly, independent, and keep the mice away.” She nodded at him emphatically. She loves animals and if her brother had a couple, it would be one or two animals who weren’t homeless, and bonus! She’d get to visit and play with them.

Yrsa simply shrugged when Garth said there would be no neck breaking. No, of course she wouldn’t be murdering anyone just for breaking her brother’s heart, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to say it. “Well, I’m just saying,” she replied, putting her hands up defensively.

He asked what kind of tasks she’d been given, and Yrsa tilted her head for a moment, biting her lip. She was going to have to tell him, because she might need him to tell a little lie or two, but she was really hoping to keep him as far removed from it all as possible. “So,” she began, clearly hesitant to explain. “I’m going to… investigate Skagen. A bit.” Investigate sounded so much better than ‘spy’. Yrsa thought ‘spy’ had a very negative connotation. “I might have to go there. I don’t know yet. Like I said, it’s all still in the planning stages.” He was going to know exactly what she was really doing, and he probably wasn’t going to like it one bit.
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Garth was still laughing at his own comments about having to run away and hide when his sister added “You’re probably right,to him. Making him smile and laugh more. He had missed his mother greatly, but if he was truly honest with himself he had missed yrsa more. They were closer, they always had been. Besides, he loved her more then anyone else in the world. She had always loved him, and never treated him any differently. He had always been so very protective of her, and let her get away with much more then he would let anyone else get away with. He would let her win in battles as children, and let her make him do things. AS long as she was happy, he didn't care."I am always right" he tells her with a joking laugh as he looks around her house more. It was clear that some of the things inside were placed by their mother, something that made him smile more.

He was laughing a lot today, and Garth as glad for it.“I am just the nicest, aren’t I?” Yrsa said and he just laughed some more before rolling his eyes."The nicest." he said to her before smiling. Garth got yet another laugh as the puppy that had been in his sisters lap got up and started to walk toward him. “No! You can’t walk across the table, Aleksia!” she told the dog just as the dog in his lap did the same thing. Neither can you! No!” Yrsa said next and he just kept laughing at the situation.The laugh getting louder as his sister pointed her finger at him and staid “You’re a bad influence. They usually listen to me a bit better than this.” at him. "Oh really, its my fault?" he says to her first. "Because I can talk to puppies and make them bad? I feel like out of the two of us you are the one who would make them misbehave."he said rolling his eyes at her.

Garth raised and eyebrow at her when she said “I am perfectly fine with zero additional men in my life, thanks. You, my father and Aksel are all I need,” before smiling."I am glad you feel that way, but when you do want another man. You shall know how they better treat you is all I am saying." he says to her nodding his head at his own words. After he says he might get a dog Yrsa gets excited and says “You should! They’re the best! And then you’ll have someone to keep you company, and guard your house, and wake you up at night if anything weird is happening. You should get cats too. They're cute, cuddly, independent, and keep the mice away.” He laughed at her once more. Her love for animals shining through brightly in her words."I'll start with the dog first, then see about the rest. I do get lonely sometimes, so I'm sure a little fluff ball will help." Garth tells her. He would maybe get Iliana one as well, but he was not going to say that to yrsa, she would give him a hard time. More then she already did anyways.

Garth just rolled his eyes and didn't comment when she said "well, I'm just saying" to him in return to his telling her that she wasn't hurting Iliana. He would never let anything hurt her, even if she was never his. The conversation turned a bit when she started talking about a task. The idea already making him nervous. "so" she started with and he just kept his eyes on her. Gone was the laughing Garth as he waited for her to tell him more. “I’m going to… investigate Skagen. A bit.” she said and that made him confused, if she was doing that, why was she staying with him.“I might have to go there. I don’t know yet. Like I said, it’s all still in the planning stages.” she said next and Garth crossed his arms over his chest."I am not fond of this idea, but I will do my best to help. I want more information when you have it too. If this could get you hurt, then I will do my best to keep that from happening..Do you need more so listen around while I am out or something?" Garth said to her. Still trying to make sense of this whole thing. He didn't want Yrsa in any danger at all. He would gladly cut anyone down who tried to hurt her.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Yrsa rolled her eyes at her brother. “Oh yes, of course, how could I have forgotten?” she answered sarcastically. “Guess you’ve just been gone for too long,” she added with a cheeky grin. He answered her with a sarcastic reply of his own and Yrsa laughed. She was the nicest, whether he wanted to admit it or not.

She sent him a fake outraged look when she heard him talking about the puppies and how she was more likely to make them misbehave that he was. “Are you trying to say I’m a bad influence? That can’t be right. You just said I was the nicest.” She couldn’t hold the expression on her face for long, and soon started laughing again. She’d missed him, and was glad he’d decided to come for a visit, even with the awkward matter she needed to talk to him about. She always had more fun when her brother was around.

She rolled her eyes again at his lecture about men. “Well when I meet him, I’ll be sure to send him your way so you can set him straight.” She would absolutely be doing no such thing, of course. If she met anyone, it was likely to be someone here in Skagerrak, and Garth could just come here to meet him if and when she finally mentioned it. She didn’t need her family scaring away someone who might finally be interested in her, but to be honest, Yrsa wasn’t really interested in even looking at the moment.

Yes, do it, you have to,” Yrsa answered when Garth said he might get a dog. She was probably more excited about the whole thing than he was. But she didn’t want her brother to be lonely, and dogs were the best. She still let Aksel and Aleksia sleep in the bed with her, even though she knew she’d have to encourage them to stop once they got a bit bigger. She couldn’t be sharing her bed with two giant hounds forever.

The discussion moved to more serious matters, and Yrsa shrugged at her brother. “I knew you weren’t going to like it, but I’ll be fine. There’s very little risk at all, honestly,” she explained, knowing that that wasn’t entirely accurate. There was no risk involved, provided no one discovered what she was doing. If anyone figured it out… well, it would be interested to say the least. But Yrsa was confident, if nothing else. She wasn’t worried. “I will give you as much information as I can. I know I’m going to pretend to be from Kattegat, which is where you come in. And I’m going to pretend I’m still a thegn, because that should seem a bit less threatening than a shield maiden.” She shrugged again. “The plan is not to lie too much. Just to… not overshare the truth. Everything will be fine.
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 9:56 pm

Garth smirks at his sister when she says “Oh yes, of course, how could I have forgotten?” when he told her he was always right. she sassed him and he was just about to sass her back when she said “Guess you’ve just been gone for too long,” to him. Which made him feel bad a little bit. That he had been gone away from home too long. However he had to stay and make sure he was going to make enough money to live during the winter months. He had to make a name for himself, and that meant he couldn't travel as much as he wanted to travel. He just wished sometimes he would have made a name for himself at home, and been close to his family. Then, however he wouldn't have met the wonderful Iliana. A women he was growing strong feelings for and quickly. He has never felt these things for anyone before, and in a way it was a little scary. Maybe it was because all he does is work, and she just came in at the right time for him. When he was just starting to think that maybe it was the right time to settle down and have a family. So that, her, that made him glad he did leave home. Even if he missed his family a lot.

They took to messing around with one another a little bit, something else he missed. The teasing of his younger tiny sister. “Are you trying to say I’m a bad influence? That can’t be right. You just said I was the nicest.” she asked him after he told her it was her fault the puppies were misbehaving. Rolling his eyes at her he let out a laugh and said "I'm defiantly saying you are a bad influence. That you have always been one, and thats nothing new. However you are still very nice and sweet dear sister of mine" he told her with another laugh before petting the puppy he could reach. He was glad his sister had the dogs to keep her company and then at some point, when they are bigger, keep her safe as well. Yes she was strong and she could fight anyone in her way, but extra protection is always best. At least in his eyes he wanted her safe all the time, and form everything. That was just the big brother in him though, and he knew that.

She started to talk about men, and he told her he just wanted her to know how she should be treated.“Well when I meet him, I’ll be sure to send him your way so you can set him straight.” she told him and Garth smiled and nodded his head at her. "I'll do more then set him straight, but yes please do send them my way. I will take nothing less then the best for my sweet sister." he tells her with a big smile. He would gladly beat their face in as he told him just how his sister better be treated, and if he found out she was treated any less then perfect, he would beat their face in once more. they started to talk about dogs and how he might get one to keep from getting as lonely as he does sometimes.“Yes, do it, you have to,” Yrsa was fast to say and he just nodded his head. "I will, but if I were to get two of them...and were to give one to Iliana...would that be weird? she said she likes animals.." he asked his sister a little red in the face and embarrassed.

Garth wasn't the biggest fan of this new conversation. This task she was going to have to do. He didn't want her to do anything that could hurt her. “I knew you weren’t going to like it, but I’ll be fine. There’s very little risk at all, honestly,” she told him, and that made him feel a little bit better. He would do his best to make sure that the risk went down to nothing if he could help it. “I will give you as much information as I can. I know I’m going to pretend to be from Kattegat, which is where you come in. And I’m going to pretend I’m still a thegn, because that should seem a bit less threatening than a shield maiden.” she told him next and he nodded his head. He guess he understood that. Thegn woman hadn't been in a real raid before. So that would be less scary then her being a shield maiden. “The plan is not to lie too much. Just to… not overshare the truth. Everything will be fine.” she said to him last and he just nodded his head at her once more. "Okay. I guess its okay, and even thought I am not a fan, I'll help you. Just make sure I know the lies, so I am not the one to fuck shit up for you." he tells her.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Trying to look hurt when Garth told her she had always been a bad influence, it only lasted a moment before she grinned and laughed at him. “I suppose I can be a bit of a bad influence,” she acknowledged, but nodded happily at his ‘very nice and sweet’ comment. “I can be all those things at once,” she added, sending him a cheeky grin. Yrsa had never had a difficult time laughing or smiling or enjoying herself, but it was always easier around Garth. She knew a lot of people in Skagerrak thought she was silly or immature, and while they weren’t exactly wrong, Yrsa never did anything to try to correct those assumptions. At least her brother knew her. He was probably the only person who really did.

She rolled her eyes again when Garth talked about ‘setting him straight’, in regards to the non-existent men in her life. “Sounds impossible to even find someone like that,” she told him with a smirk. “Only one nice guy in the world and the gods made him my brother,” she teased, though when he talked about giving a puppy to Iliana, she knew what she had said was just about the truth.

You’re getting her a puppy?” She certainly earned brownie points with Yrsa for liking animals, but honestly, what sort of people didn’t like animals? Crazy people, that’s who. “Um, seems a bit weird? Just cause she likes animals doesn’t mean she wants one? Unless… she’s specifically mentioned wanting a puppy?” Yrsa tried to think of a solution for a moment, but it was still a little weird. “But anyone who says no to a free puppy is not someone you should be in a relationship with, so I say go for it.” She was teasing but she was also a bit serious. What kind of monster could say no to a free puppy? “But I’ll take it if she doesn’t want it.

Yrsa nodded at Garth’s instruction to make sure he knew whatever lies she was telling. It was a good idea, obviously. She’d planned to make him aware anyway. “Right. Can’t have you blowing my cover,” she teased again, and tried to think of the story she’d constructed so far. “Thegn, from Kattegat, blacksmith’s sister,” she listed off. So far she hadn’t thought of anything else that she’d need to lie about. “Think you can remember that last one?” she asked with a laugh.
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 12:59 am

Garth just grins at his sister when she agrees with him and says “I suppose I can be a bit of a bad influence,” to him. He makes sure to nods his head at her for good measure too. Then he tells her she is also sweet and nice. I can be all those things at once,” she says in return and Garth just nods his head at her again. She could be all kinds of things at once, and that was part for the reason she was his favorite person in the whole world. Other than she was his sister, she had a great heart and cared a lot about people and animals. It was part of her good traits, and he list of bad traits was far to small to even think about or bring up. He was always so proud of his sister and the person she had become. She was a strong shield maiden, but at the same time here she was being a good little puppy mom to her new dogs. Garth knew that when she did meet someone and get married, she would be an amazing mother. One that would love her children and make sure that they had the best life she could. He just hoped that the man she ended up with would be worthy enough for her. That they would treat her like a princess or queen.

So he brought it up and teased her a bit about it. Telling her that he would set any man straight for her. “Sounds impossible to even find someone like that,” she tells him first and Garth just shakes his head. If he was like this, then there had to be other men out there that had similar views as him right? “Only one nice guy in the world and the gods made him my brother,” she says next and a small little appears on his face as well as a light blush at her compliment to him. He was glad his sister thought so highly of him."I am sure there are other men like me...you just have to look and be picky. You are a beautiful girl. You can be picky when picking a man." he tells her and smiles more. Garth just wanted her to know she could have the world if she wanted.

Garth and Yrsa had been talking about dogs and that he was for sure getting himself one, but then he asked if it would be weird to get Iliana a dog as well. “You’re getting her a puppy?”  Yrsa says to him first and he shrugs his shoulders. He was really thinking about doing it. “Um, seems a bit weird? Just cause she likes animals doesn’t mean she wants one? Unless… she’s specifically mentioned wanting a puppy?”he tells her next and he looks to the roof in thought. She said she use to have a lot of dogs, so that meant she liked them, and she seemed sad when she said that she use to have them instead of having them now. “But anyone who says no to a free puppy is not someone you should be in a relationship with, so I say go for it. Yrsa says to him next and he just laughs and shakes his head at her and her words. “But I’ll take it if she doesn’t want it.” Yrsa says last and his laugh just gets louder. "I'll keep that in mind if she says she doesn't want it. I still am thinking about it, and might not do it....just the idea of hr having an animal to protect her or something...it makes me feel better just thinking about it.." he tells her awkwardly before rubbing a hand down his face.

The conversation changes once more to her task and him making her give him more information. In the end he will do his very best to help his sister out. To make sure she is the safest that he can, and that nothing goes wrong. “Right. Can’t have you blowing my cover,” she tell him after he tells her he needs to be in on all the lies as well. “Thegn, from Kattegat, blacksmith’s sister,” she tells him next and he nods his head at her. That was simple enough. “Think you can remember that last one?” Yrsa says last, laughing at him at the end too. Rolling his eyes at her he says "Yes, I think I can handle it..but it will be very hard." to her with a smirk in her general direction. "We can handle this, and I wont let anything happen to you as well." he tell her last before petting the dog some more.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

Going home-Yrs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going home-Yrs Going home-Yrs Empty

Back to top Go down
Going home-Yrs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1