Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 40
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  Empty
PostSubject: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 12:05 am

Eldora sat quietly in the corner of the great hall, everyone was drinking, laughing, being merry as news of a raid to the west or wherever it was. Eldora couldn't really make out what Bjorn Ironside said. Sipping her ale, she held onto her curved horn watching people. It wasn't odd what Eldora was doing,
She just didn't feel like talking to anyone, and it would seem like no seemed to even notice her presence in the hall. It was rather interesting to say the least that not one lustful drunken fool, tried there luck with her perhaps it was because they knew whom her father was or maybe just maybe they knew of her skills and respected her enough to not bother her.

A sigh left the blond beauty lips, as she continued to listen to the distant music being played a smile touched her lips seeing Floki and Helga enter the hall. She raised her horn to him because Floki love of the Gods was more devoted to hers, Eldora was in awe over his deep ways and views, she admired Floki for that for the Gods were everything and her favourite god or more so godess is Eir, is a goddess and valkyrie associated with medical skill, whom served as a handmaiden to Frigg; Odin wife. Eldora shifted in her seat and once again took a sip of ale from her horn.

Her eyes continued to watch and observe people, seeing whom was friendly with whom, only the gods truly know whom heart belongs to another.. Eldora slowly stood up from her chair to refill her horn, she smiled at people she passed, she was still fairly new to the village but this was her home like any other, she may not have grew up here in Kattegat but she was born here and she made that decision with her mother to return home to help her people to honour her father and brothers name."Mother..." Eldora greeted softly touching her back as she passed her mother whom was catching up with old friends.

Eldora clearly wasn't looking where she was going to busy watching people, rather then paying attention who was watching her, she had bumped into someone."Oh! Forgive me, I-i didn't mean to bump into you..." She stammered and blushed as she looked up at the person, who she bumped into and blushed. Who was he? she had never seen him before."I'm Eldora and whom might you be?..."  
Back to top Go down

Hvitserk Ragnarsson
Hvitserk Ragnarsson
Thegn

PROFIELMessages : 33
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : Prince of Kattegat

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 9:28 pm

With news of an upcoming raid sweeping through the village, Hvitserk was loving the energy that seemed to be buzzing through the crowds of people wherever he went. He’d spent the morning training with Hilde, because she was probably a better fighter than he was, she was pretty and she wasn’t always nice to him. He really liked that about her.

Eventually he ended up in the Great Hall. He probably ought to speak to his mother and Ubbe and see how things were progressing. Hvitserk was rather hoping he didn’t actually need to help with the planning stages just yet. He would, of course. He wanted to be involved in the decision making process. But for the moment, he was happing letting others take the reins.

He wandered into the hall, scanning the crowd for his brother or mother. He wasn’t exactly paying attention to where he was going, because he didn’t expect anyone to walk into him, but that’s exactly what happened. A blonde girl he wasn’t sure he recognized was apologizing to him, and Hvitserk grinned at her, shaking his head. “It’s not problem.” Pretty girls were more than welcome to walk into him.

She introduced herself and he tried to place her name. It sounded familiar, but he wasn’t certain why. His grin widened when she asked him who he was. “I’m Hvitserk,” he answered, hooking his thumbs into his belt and rocking back on his heels a bit. “Why does your name seem familiar? We haven’t met before?” He wasn’t shy by any means, so he had no trouble asking whatever questions crossed his mind. And it seemed odd that he hadn’t met her before.
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Well someone was confident wasn't he, that grin was infectious and Eldora couldn't help yet shy smile back at him. Glad to see that he took no offense in her walking into him, luckily that she had walked into someone her age, the elders weren't exactly please when someone whom is young shows them a lack of respect, even if it is by mistake. Hvitserk?, Why does his name seem so familiar to her, she wondered wasn't it today that her mother had mentioned something to her about Ragnarsson. Eldora had to step a little closer to Hvitserk, his voice was so soft, that she found it difficult to follow what he was saying but thank the good she can read people's lips very well.

"I think, I would remember your face if we had met..." She said, so he was one of Ragnarsson, Eldora wondered how long it would take Hvitserk to pick up why she had seemed familiar to him. Can he put the link together that their father and her brother were good friends. Eldora turned to get Hvitserk and horn to drink, she might as well get to know someone since her return, she hasn't exactly got any allies let alone friends, and lover well thats another story for another time. "Our fathers used to be friends, My father was the first man to agree to sail west with your father and my brother offered himself up as sacrifice for King ragnar in hope to please the gods and everyone's next raid on England." Eldora decided to put him out of his misery, it would take all night for this poor soul to figure out the connection they had.

Eldora glanced away from Hvitserk, seeing if she could figure out who his brothers were, she knew of course Bjorn was Ragnar eldest son, due to the announcement he had just made half an hour before her encounter with Hvitserk. "I cannot help yet wonder, you must like the idea do you not? of being a prince I mean, girls throwing themselves at you, Men almost fearing you, first picks on anything you wish,
competition in your house must be intense."
She jested, an almost cheeky gleam shone in her crystal blue orbs, not being used to a man staring at her in such an intense way, Eldora found herself becoming quite bashful each time there eyes met.

Last edited by Eldora Eiríksdóttir on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hvitserk Ragnarsson
Hvitserk Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Hvitserk raised an eyebrow at her reply, and smirked at her a bit. “I’m sure you would.” He certainly believed no one would be able to forget his face, but had heard from his brothers and friends on occasion that that wasn’t an entirely accurate belief on his part. But he was confident that was just their jealousy talking. They all probably wished they’d been blessed with his good looks.

She explained about how their fathers had known each other and her brother had offered himself as sacrifice. He was impressed. Clearly her family had known his for some time, even if he hadn’t known her.

She asked if he ‘liked the thought of it’ and he assumed she meant going raiding. It’s what everyone was talking about, especially here in the great hall, so why wouldn’t she? Before he could answer though, she surprised him. His eyes widened in surprise for a moment before his grin returned. “I don’t think any man doesn’t like the idea of girls throwing themselves at them,” he answered first, then added, “I doubt many people fear me, at the moment. I’m only a thegn, prince or not.

He couldn’t help but laugh and nod when she mentioned the competition between his brothers and himself. “Even breakfast is a challenge,” he told her with a wink, before glancing around the room for his brothers again. Turning back to her, he looked her up and down quickly. She didn’t exactly look like a fighter, but that didn’t always mean anything. Sassa was a thegn and you probably wouldn’t make that assumption just from looking at her. “Are you here for the raid? What do you do?” he asked finally.
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Eldora quietly sipped on her ale and found herself smiling at Hvitserk, honestly he was just over confident but it didn't seemed cocky, Which was a nice different and change. Eldora actually found herself wondering why he seemed so self-assured, being a one of the sons of the great Ragnar Lothbrok was incredible and the pressure to become thing great must be insane. Perhaps Hvitserk knew his future and his destiny, or perhaps he has accepted his fate with Odin and the Gods and followed them wherever they may take him.

Well now, she had surprised him which wasn't something Eldora would usually do, but she was pleased at herself for doing something like that. She found herself rising an eyebrow at his words, of course he loved the idea of girls throwing themselves at him, any girl would love to have a son for one of the sons of Ragnar, bastard or not, there fathers are princes of Kattegat and thus any child born from them would hopefully have the best start to life."Do not be so modest. You are a great fighter like you're father and thus people shall come to admire and fear regardless of your title or station." Eldora pointed out giving, Hvitserk an encouraging smile to become something great it takes time and effort it takes dedication and trust in the Gods. Every great warrior would know this and hopefully Hvitserk too.

As she moved her eyes away from his just for a moment, just to observe whom was standing around both herself and Hvitserk, Eldora leaned over to a nearby table and picked a cup filling it to the top with ale, she handed Hvitserk the glass and smirked at his question."I am indeed here for the raid,however I have yet to pick up a blade, though I would like to be able to defend myself..." Eldora held his gaze for a moment before responding to his question."I am a Læknir as you know tis my duty to come with you as medical aid for our warriors...."
Back to top Go down

Hvitserk Ragnarsson
Hvitserk Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 11:56 pm

He couldn’t help the grin he was sending her way. It was basically his default expression when he was talking to girls, so he didn’t really think much of it. But it certainly helped that she was doing all of his bragging for him. How could she know he was a great fighter? He was, obviously, but there was no way for her to know that? He still had a bit of trouble imagining anyone fearing him. Other than someone standing on the other side of a battlefield. It seemed unlikely that any of the vikings Björn’s age would find him particularly fearsome. But he nodded at her anyway. “Let’s hope you’re right,” he told her with a laugh.

Thank you,” he told her with a nod as he took the cup of ale from her and took a sip. He had excellent manners, thank you very much. He nodded again when she said she was here for the raid. It made sense. It was a big deal at the moment. That’s why he was there too, obviously. When she said she didn’t know how to fight, though she’d like to learn, Hvitserk nodded his head. “Have you asked anyone to help you train at all? Most of the vikings and shield maidens are happy to help when it comes to that sort of thing.” In fact, Ubbe’s new uh, friend, Thora was supposed to be helping him train before the raid. Hvitserk was pretty excited about it.

Oh, wow.” He hadn’t realized she was a healer. “How did you end up deciding to become a healer?” He wondered absently. While he knew basically nothing about it, it seemed interesting to him. Plus, it wasn’t an unpleasant thought, that she’d be joining them on the raid. Healers were important after all. He did wonder why her brother hadn’t taught her to fight, assuming he knew how himself, but wouldn’t mention it just yet. That was probably pretty rude. But if he’d had a little sister, he would’ve taught her how to fight. It just seemed like the smart thing to do.
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 am

The talk of fighting had piqued Eldora interest but she was a lover not a fighter and as much as she yearned to defend herself, she knew her calling was to help people, her people become better, healthier, stronger though her love of nature and the plants. "It is a little, awkward to ask someone for help when you aren't well known. I guess my shyness prevents from making a better choices for myself..." Eldora gently shrugged her shoulders as if it wasn't really, that important whether or not she ends up picking up at blade.

Eldora smiled at Hvitserk facial expression when, she had informed him that she was a healer. "I didn't end up deciding, the gods chose my path for me. I always wanted to help my mother and my grandparents at home or whenever they had fallen with some sort of sickness, it just happened the gods knew I wanted to do something that was for the greater good and if that means, healing and helping to heal my fellow brothers and sisters than I shall endure with pleasure." She said confidently, her gaze moving away from Hvitserk for a moment as she took another sip of ale from her cup. Eldora thought that her talk of being a healer must bore the prince, it wasn't something glorious or something that would be truly celebrated in the ways of being a warrior.

Eldora didn't have the option to ask her father or brother for help, because they had died before she was born unfortunately though Eldora had n doubt in her mind like her mother said, she would of preferred the axe then the plants, the battle rather then the fields and forest, if her father was alive and Eldora knew that to be true but it wasn't meant to be. The gods have chosen her hands to heal the people in Kattegat. "You must find my talk of healing rather boring... Tis a completely different world to what you warriors... but like you warriors, we aren't afraid of a little blood." She gave Hvitserk a playful smile, it seems as though Eldora evening wasn't going to end has end as she assumed it to be.
Back to top Go down

Hvitserk Ragnarsson
Hvitserk Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 7:00 am

Listening to Eldora answer about asking people for assistance when it came to fighting, Hvitserk could really only nod at her. He didn’t exactly know what it was like to be shy, and therefore couldn’t really understand where she was coming from, but he supposed it made sense. “Well, I’m sure being a healer takes up plenty of your time, right? Sounds like the kind of thing that would keep you busy?” He didn’t know, obviously. But helping out injured people and knowing all the crazy amounts of stuff she had to know, it would take up most of his time, he was certain. “But if you’re ever not too busy, you should just head to the training field and see if anyone is free?” Because if she wanted to learn to fight, she should.

Hvitserk grinned and nodded again when she said the gods had chosen her path for her. That was true enough. He couldn’t argue with her logic. He drank from his cup again, and considered the way she’d phrased her statement. “‘At home?’” he repeated, tilting his head at her. “Do you just mean, at your house? Or did you move here from somewhere else?” He was always interested in learning about other places, and why some people chose to move here. Of course, he knew the obvious reason, but it interested him nonetheless.

He shrugged at her when she mentioned him finding all the talk about healing boring. “I don’t mind. It’s just something I’m not used to, I suppose. Why? Are you bored?” he wondered, and tried to look wounded for a moment, before his grin returned. “I talk about fighting all the time,” he added, and pointed in the direction of what he assumed was some very important raid planning going on over there, “and I don’t imagine that’ll be changing anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 am

“Well, I’m sure being a healer takes up plenty of your time, right? Sounds like the kind of thing that would keep you busy?” Eldora nodded her head to his words, it was certainly something that kept her busy but not completely rushed off her feet as there were other healers available in Kattegat to help shift the loads of patient they had to attend to. “But if you’re ever not too busy, you should just head to the training field and see if anyone is free?” His voice was so smooth and soft spoken, Eldora had to take a step towards Hvitserk to hear him properly. "I shall do that, it just would be nice to not only heal other but protect them as well after all it would be stupid if we go on the raid and I cannot defend myself if the camp is attack." Eldora hoped that she could become a skilled fighter that would make her father and brother proud of her.

‘At home?’” Eldora watched as Hvitserk titled his head at her. “Do you just mean, at your house? Or did you move here from somewhere else?” Ah there it was, everyone had become more curious thanks to this man father, everyone was intrigued to learn and find out new things and place to make something of themselves. Eldora smiled up at Hvitserk as she took another sip from her cup, with a soft sigh escaping her pink lips, she answered his question."I was born in Kattegat however the murder of my father was terrible for my mother, she stayed around for a year and then of course as I told you before my brother offered himself up to the God as a sacrifice. My mother was in a state of grief I suppose, so she took me to live with her parents in Skagerrak, where my grandmother is a Volva, she taught me everything I know about herbs and becoming one with nature. She inspired me to become a healer." Eldora smiled at the memories that flash in her mind, she missed her grandparents but she knew her father grand-parents were still alive in Kattegat and that was one of the main reason Eldora moved back to care for them.

"If you'd like to know Skagerrak is a farmer village located in the South West of Sweden. It is a village that is provided with all the best sources from nature as I said before the ground is so rich there that they grow vegetables and fruit that grows nowhere else. They also have the best quality of wood and iron, the raw building material is of great quality there. However they lack the craftsmanship to build great ships...." Eldora wasn't sure if telling one of Ragnar son how great Skagerrak is, she also wasn't sure whether she should be telling it weakness to him either. Oh well too late now.

Eldora was surprised to hear that Hvitserk didn't find her talk of healing, plants and herbs boring at all.“I don’t mind. It’s just something I’m not used to, I suppose. Why? Are you bored?” She giggled at his words shake her head, gently causing her golden locks to sway against the motion of her head. He was cute when he even pretend to be wounded. Returning the grin Hvitserk flashed at her. “I talk about fighting all the time,” Eldora followed his had to a group of viking who seemed to be intensely engaged in some talk, which no doubt was about the battle and the fighting they would encounter on the raid, slowly moving her pale blue eyes, she looked up at Hvitserk as he said.and I don’t imagine that’ll be changing anytime soon.” She rose her brow at him. "Really? are you certain of that? I am sure your father didn't only talk about fighting, He talking about England and Frankia and other worlds to be explored,
other places to go to... you will of course speak of other things. afterall Knowledge is everything and then fighting.
Eldora said softly giving him a playful wink, before turning her attention to a slave to refill her cup and Hvitserks.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk  Empty

Back to top Go down
Into the Lions Den - Hvitserk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1