Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

Don't tell me what to do [Garth] Empty
PostSubject: Don't tell me what to do [Garth] Don't tell me what to do [Garth] EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Garth had been out and about, visiting their mother and some of his old friends and just wandering the village, and so when Yrsa came home with the starving and stinky wolf pup in her arms, her brother hadn’t been at her house. She went through the motions, giving the little thing a good wash and dry and then sitting at the table, feeding the pup a bit of the food she had set aside for the other two puppies. Aksel and Aleksia were sat on the floor beside her, staring up at the wolf. Aksel was whining because he couldn’t reach her but his whining rarely phased Yrsa any longer. She hoped he’d grow out of it soon but as long as he did as he was told, she could continue to ignore it.

She knew the puppies would need to get used to Anja, and vice versa, if they were all going to get along, but the wolf pup had been scared enough earlier in the woods and at the moment, her puppies were bigger than she was, and Yrsa didn’t want to risk any of them attacking the other if she was still too scared and skittish with all of her new surroundings.

For now, she kept talking to Anja, repeating her name often and getting her used to her voice. Once she finished feeding her, Yrsa was planning on putting the other pups in the loft and letting Anja explore the house a bit, hoping that would make her feel a little more comfortable. She knew it smelled of her and the dogs, so if Anja got used to the scent of the three of them, it might make the adjustment easier for her.

Before any of that happened though, Garth walked back into the house and Yrsa grinned up at him once he reached the table. Aksel quit his whining in favor of greeting her brother, and Aleksia looked back and forth between Anja and Garth for a moment before joining Aksel and Yrsa rolled her eyes a bit.

Garth, look!” She said excitedly, petting the little wolf laying on her table. “She was stuck and starving and I helped her and fed her and she followed me home. I’ve named her Anja.” She was mostly prepared for her brother to tell her that this was a wolf and she had no business taking in a wolf pup for a pet but she had every intention of ignoring him. He’d be leaving soon anyway.
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 52
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Don't tell me what to do [Garth] Don't tell me what to do [Garth] EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 1:17 am

Garth had spent the morning spending some time with his mother before he had to go home the next day. She wanted to hear about his life and what he had been up to while he was away. She also wanted to give him more and more crap about the fact that he was getting older and he needed to find a wife and settle down. When he had enough of that conversation he left his mother and went to see some of his old friends in the area. He really didn't have many, he had been a quite person and very much different from most men his age. They liked to sleep around and use women in ways he just never had been able to do. Maybe it was the respect he had for his mother and sister that kept him from being that way and talking that way about women, but he just couldn't do it. He had no desire to make a women, or really anyone at all feel badly, or used. Garth saw it as wrong and disrespectful to the person you were doing it to.

Once he was done seeing his friends he went to the market area and looked for something that he could take home with him. Maybe a gift for Iliana, or one for his friends. After looking for a while, he found some jewels that someone was selling for a decent price. They were different then ones he saw Iliana use, so maybe they were something just from his home? He didn't really know anything at all about this kind of thing. So he bought some of them, and would give them to her to make something with. He just hoped whatever she made, she would keep for herself. Maybe he would try to make her something with it instead. Like a neckless, or something. Garth was sure he would be horrible at it too, but he had time to think about what he would do with them. He owned them now after all. When he was done at the market area, he figured it as time to head back to Yrsa's house and see what she wanted to do with the rest of the day. He wouldn't see her again until she came to do her task, so he wanted to spend some time with her.

Walking into the house he was greeted with an interesting sight. There was the normal two puppies on the ground whining and barking at him in greeting, and then there was a new one. It was on the table, and he knew right away that it was not a dog and it was a wolf pup. “Garth, look!” Yrsa said to him in excitement. “She was stuck and starving and I helped her and fed her and she followed me home. I’ve named her Anja.” she said to him next and he just looked at her for a moment. Trying to figure out the right words to say to her without making her mad at him. "That is a wolf...you know that right?" he decides to say to her first as he looks to the pup on the table."A wolf that could grow up and eat you..." he says to her next before he raises an eyebrow at her. "You are really going to keep it aren't you?" he says last before shaking his head at her. No matter what he said to her, Garth knew her mind was set on doing what she wanted to do."I don't like this...but I know you..." he adds.
Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Don't tell me what to do [Garth] Don't tell me what to do [Garth] EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Grinning back and forth between her brother and the little wolf on the table, Yrsa couldn’t help but roll her eyes at Garth’s reaction. She wasn’t really surprised, but still, it was comical. “Yes, Garth, I know she’s a wolf. And she won’t eat me! Why would she eat me after I feed her and take care of her?” She wanted to know. It all made perfect sense to her. “Wolves are pack animals, Garth. She didn’t have a pack, but now she does.

She wondered if he was going to push the issue, but Yrsa was fairly confident her brother knew her well enough to not really bother. Obviously she always welcomed his thoughts, opinions and advice. But that didn’t mean she’d actually be following any of it.

Of course I am,” she told him with another grin, scratching the little black wolf behind her ear. Anja leaned into the affectionate touch, and Yrsa’s grin widened before she nodded at her brother, her eyes pointing towards the sight in front of him. Oh yeah, this was her wolf now.

I didn’t really think you’d like it, to be honest. You’re a bit overprotective. I’m not sure if you’re aware,” she teased him, before turning to feed the wolf again. She couldn’t feed her too quickly, or she might get sick. But Yrsa was on top of it. She’d had to go through this with the other pups, who had also been malnourished when she found them. She was confident this would all work out just fine.

What’ve you been up to today?” she asked, wondering where he’d been. Because she was nosy. “Do you want to pet her?” she added after a moment. Because honestly, it would probably be helpful if she recognized his scent. She was most definitely going to Kattegat with her when the time came, and Yrsa didn’t want to have to introduce the grown wolf to her brother for the first time then.
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 52
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Don't tell me what to do [Garth] Don't tell me what to do [Garth] EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Garth never really took his eyes off the wolf as he waited for his sisters answers. Even if he already knew the answers to what he had said to her without her even speaking to him. He had grown up with her and her insane love for animals. This however was a little over the top and very dangerous if you asked him. A wolf was a wild animal, and he remembered that people had been killed by them before in the past as well. He would hate if his sister was one of them. “Yes, Garth, I know she’s a wolf. And she won’t eat me! Why would she eat me after I feed her and take care of her?” was the first thing his sister said to him. Garth crossing his arms over his chest and looks at the wolf for a moment longer before he looks at his sister. “Wolves are pack animals, Garth. She didn’t have a pack, but now she does.” she says to him next and he lets out a long huff of air before nodding his head at her. "Yes I know that about them, I grew up learning about them just as you did. It doesn't make me like this anymore." he says her first.

Yrsa keeps going and keeps answering the things he is saying to her. “Of course I am,” she says when he asks if she was going to keep it. He had no idea why he asked, she named it, so the animal was now apart of his family. Weather he liked it or not. He just prayed to the gods the animal was well behaved and didn't hurt her. He would kill it if it did without a second thought. "Of course you are keeping it, I don't know why I even asked." he says to her shaking his head as he walked in closer to them all. “I didn’t really think you’d like it, to be honest. You’re a bit overprotective. I’m not sure if you’re aware,” she says to him next and he glares at her for a moment before rolling his eyes."Yeah, well thats my job as the big bad older brother. To protect, and spoil." he says with a small smirk toward her.

She tired to change the subject and it makes him smile, before he shakes his head again and looks at the wolf. “What’ve you been up to today?” she ask him. "I saw a friend and then went shopping, nothing super exciting. Not as exciting as finding a wolf and bringing it home like you did." he says to her before she speaks again. “Do you want to pet her?” she asks him next and he bits his lip for a moment before nodding his head. If it tired to attack him he could prove he was right, if not he would feel a little bit better about all this madness. "Yes I want to pet her." he says to her before walking closer and holding his hand out toward the wolf to smell. "do I just touch her, or wait until she lets me?" he asks her next as he watches the dog smell his hand.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Don't tell me what to do [Garth] Don't tell me what to do [Garth] Empty

Back to top Go down
Don't tell me what to do [Garth]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1