Kol Odinsson
Thane

PROFIELMessages : 5
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

On top of the world [Garth] Empty
PostSubject: On top of the world [Garth] On top of the world [Garth] EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:14 am

With the raid coming up quickly, Kol knew there was a lot of excitement in the village. He’d decided fairly early on that he wouldn’t be joining them this time. With all five of Ragnar’s sons out of Kattegat at the moment, it hadn’t been a hard decision to make. Someone needed to stay here and keep an eye on things, and Kol had been fine with that. He’d have a chance to make sure the frús and herras who weren’t able to join on the raid were still being properly supervised. Missing one raid wasn’t going to be the end of the world for him.

Late in the afternoon, Kol made his way to the blacksmith’s shop, to see how his friends' raid preparations were coming. He’d met Garth shortly after the younger man had moved to Kattegat from Skagerrak some years ago, and they’d hit it off fairly quickly. It was nice. Kol didn’t have too many friends, especially not ones his own age, so he spent a decent amount of time with Garth.  

Walking into the blacksmith’s shop, he grinned when he spotted his friend. “Afternoon,” he greeted, wandering further into the shop and picking up a random dagger to examine. Garth’s work was excellent, and he often swung by to take a look at them. As someone who thoroughly enjoyed fighting, a room full of weapons was not a bad place for him to be. “How’ve you been? All ready for the raid? Anything left that needs doing?” Honestly, Kol was bored. And going home wasn’t exactly appealing at the moment. He’d recently… acquired a thrall, and the concept was still a bit foreign to him. But his mother had mentioned appreciating a bit of help at home, so he’d dealt with it.

Anything new with you?” It had probably only been a week or so since the last time they’d talked, but a lot could happen in a week.
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 52
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

PostSubject: Re: On top of the world [Garth] On top of the world [Garth] EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Garth was busy working on making as many knifes,swords, daggers, axes, and long saxes as he could for the raid. That way he would have tons of things ready and prepared incase of an emergency. You never know if your weapon was going to break, or if you were going to lose it in battle. He wanted the viking mean to be ready for anything and everything. Plus this was his time to shine as a Blacksmith of Kattegat. For he was the only one going on this raid with the sons of Ragnar. This would be his chance to show them that he was an amazing blacksmith, and he was grateful for being selected as the one to be going with them. He thanked the gods everyday since he found out this wonderful information.He would do good by the Gods and do better then good.Garth was working on an Axe when he heard the door of his shop open, fallowed by someone saying “Afternoon,” to him. Looking up from his work he smiled at his friend Kol.

They had met shortly after he moved here, and Garth was grateful to have someone like him in his life. They got along on almost everything, and Kol was someone that Garth trusted here in Kattegat completely. He wasn't super happy with his recent choice to buy a thrall, but it was not his life, and he knew he should keep those thoughts to himself. For there was no reason as of yet to say anything. If he saw Kol treat the thrall badly, then maybe he would say something. However until then, it was not his place to say a word. "Afternoon Kol" Garth said back to him as he set down what he was working on and looked at Kol and the dagger he had in his hands with a smile. Kol then seemed to ask him a lot of questions at once, making Garth let out a laugh at his words. “How’ve you been? All ready for the raid? Anything left that needs doing?” Kol said. Taking a deep breath he moved closer to his friend before folding his arms over his chest. "I am well. Things are mostly ready for the raid. Just making a few more extra weapons to take with us. Just in case." he says to his friend first.

"I have one last thing to do before I can leave, but its nothing to do with the raid...its to do with Iliana" he says to his friend before smiling sheepishly at him. Kol was the only one who knew anything at all about Iliana, and it wasn't like he outright said anything as well. He just spoke about her a fairly good amount. So he was sure it was quite clear he had feelings for the women, he just never said them to his friend. "I want to give her a few things before I go..." he says to him next. Not really saying what for he was sure Kol would talk him out of buying her a dog when she didn't ask for one. “Anything new with you?” Kol asks and he shrugs. "Not really, just the normal stuff that comes with raids" he says to him before smiling. "What about you? Anything new with you? How is life at home now?" he asked him. He bit his lip, before thinking for a moment. He wanted to ask him to look after Iliana, but he would wait until later in the conversation.
Back to top Go down

Kol Odinsson
Kol Odinsson
Thane

PROFIELMessages : 5
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

PostSubject: Re: On top of the world [Garth] On top of the world [Garth] EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Kol always enjoyed spending time with Garth. He was far more free to just relax and be himself around the blacksmith than just about anyone else outside of his family. No need to prove himself because he was a bastard who rose to a high rank, no one judging him or trying to decide if he really deserved to rise the way he had. The fact that Garth himself was a fatherless bastard was barely even relevant. Sure, it helped them bond a bit, but mostly it was just the way the man was. When he’d first arrived in Kattegat, Kol had been so certain it all had to be an act, and that he was up to something, but it had quickly become clear that Garth was just a genuinely decent person.

Nodding along as Garth explained what he was up to, Kol continued to glance around the shop. “You can never be too prepared,” he answered with a grin. It was definitely smart of the blacksmith, to think ahead like that. There were always discarded weapons lying on the ground beside dead bodies during a battle, but it was better to bring too many and not need them, than find yourself running low before a fight.

Ah,” the blond replied when his friend mentioned Iliana. This was not the first time he’d heard about the oh so lovely jewelry maker from Uddevalla, and he certainly didn’t think it would be the last. He hadn’t met her yet, but Kol felt like he already knew her fairly well. Granted, she most definitely wasn’t going to be anything like who Garth was describing, because that person couldn’t actually exist. But it was Garth, so Kol wasn’t too surprised. “‘Give her a few things’…” he repeated, a smirk on his lips as he raised his eyebrows suggestively.

When the conversation turned towards him, Kol shrugged. “Not really. Things have been fairly relaxed since the house was finished. The family’s doing well. I should probably find the Queen or Ubbe to make sure everything’s set for the raid, and while you’re all away.” He wasn’t too sure how he felt about being left behind, but he knew there was no real reason for him to need to go on this particular raid, and had opted out. “I’ll try my best not to get into any trouble while I'm all alone here,” he added with a grin.
Back to top Go down

Garth Odinsson
Garth Odinsson
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 52
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

PostSubject: Re: On top of the world [Garth] On top of the world [Garth] EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 am

Garth feels himself smiling when he hears his friend say “You can never be too prepared,” to him in return about making tons of stuff to take with him. He was glad Kol thought so about it. He wanted to be over prepared to the point that maybe he was a little crazy. So that he could prove he was good enough. Something that had started in his youth, the strong need to prove to others that he was just as good as them. That the fact that he had no father didn't make him less then them. "Thats very true, and I want to show them that picking me to go was the right choice as well." he tells him honestly as he smiles over at his friend. If Garth was honest, Kol was the best friend he had ever had, and he was very glad that they had started to talk to one another when he first move here. It made the whole thing a lot easy for him when he had someone to talk to shortly after moving his whole life to a new place. Plus the fact that they had things in common helped them out a lot too.

He goes on to tell Kol about Iliana, and how he had a few things he needed to do and give her before he left. “Ah,” was what he heard his friend say first and he smiled and rolled his eyes. He was sure he talked about Iliana far to much, but he liked her so much that it was hard not to talk about her. ‘Give her a few things’…” he hears Kol say to him after and the way he raises his eyebrows at him and Garth laugh. "Yes, but not the things you are thinking. She is different, I don't want to just sleep with her and move on...I want more...so much more." he says to him as a smile slowly takes over his face. "Besides you know I am not really like that, I don't sleep around." he says to him next as he shrugs his shoulders a bit. He just couldn't bring himself to sleep with people for the fun of it. He wanted that stuff to mean more, plus he didn't want to hurt anyone. He would never forgive himself if he was to hurt someone just so he could sleep around.

The conversation turned to his friend as he ask him how things were at his new home. “Not really. Things have been fairly relaxed since the house was finished. The family’s doing well. I should probably find the Queen or Ubbe to make sure everything’s set for the raid, and while you’re all away.” Kol said first and Garth just nodded his head at him. Garth was glad things were going well, and he hoped even more things were okay with the Thrall. He still didn't like the idea, however he was not sure how he would tell his friend that, and it wasn't his business. “I’ll try my best not to get into any trouble while I'm all alone here,” Kol said to him last and Garth laughed. "I wish you were going, it would be nice to have my best friend there with me on my first raid here." he tells him with a small smile. "But I am glad things are going well at home. I'm sure your mother loves her new home." he tells him next.

Thinking for a moment Garth takes a deep breath."I have something important to ask you, and I know you think I'm crazy....but will you look after Iliana while I am gone?" he says to him while getting a small blush on his face. "I'll make you a brand new sword when I get back for free if she is perfectly safe when I get home....so its a win for you." he says to him next before smiling. "I plan to kiss her...if she will let me." Garth adds in last before his whole face gets a light blush on it as he waits for his friend to maybe give him a hard time.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: On top of the world [Garth] On top of the world [Garth] Empty

Back to top Go down
On top of the world [Garth]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1