Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Empty
PostSubject: Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Yrsa was finally in Kattegat. It seemed like it had been forever ago that she’d first discussed all of this with Gunnvor, and things had been in the planning stages for so long she thought she’d never actually get to Kattegat at all. But as she made her way from the docks into the village, with her three animals trailing closely behind, Yrsa had to admit she was feeling a bit nervous. She’d never done anything like this before, but she was determined to prove that she was capable of anything anyone had to throw at her.

She’d stopped in at Garth’s shop to say a quick hello and tell him she’d arrived, and let him know she’d dropped off the few things she’d brought with her. He’d gotten a good look at the pups, who were no longer pups at all but a fully grown wolf and pair of dogs, and sent her a wide eyed look. Plus, the way she was dressed was probably mildly surprising for him as well. Normally she wore clothes that were comfortable, that she could fight in. Black, to hide any potential blood splatter. But right now, while she was still wearing trousers, she had a long lavender colored tunic over them, giving her a far more feminine look than was normal for her.

After leaving Garth’s blacksmith’s shop, Yrsa made her way towards her friend Eldora’s house. Eldora had grown up in Skagerrak, and while she was a few years younger than Yrsa, they’d become friends before the blonde had moved to Kattegat. Just like her rotten brother, Yrsa had complained when her friend had told her what was going on. Though in reality she held no ill will towards either Garth or Eldora for leaving her behind in Skagerrak. Yrsa couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.

The pups had followed her on the journey to her friend’s house, obviously, and Yrsa tried to recall if Eldora was afraid dogs at all. She really hoped not, because that would make things a bit awkward. Arriving at the house, Yrsa knocked loudly. She’d been here for a visit not too long ago, during the harvest feast. “It’s Yrsa, anybody home?” she called loudly, casting a glance at Aksel, who was whining. He hadn’t outgrown that habit like she’d hoped he would. But he was otherwise a very well behaved dog, so she let it slide. At least Aleksia and Anja were sitting quietly.
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 40
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

PostSubject: Re: Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Eldora glanced up from her pot of soup that she was cooking over the fireplace and gasped in shocked, When did her good friend get here?! why didn't her brother tell her that Yrsa was coming. She quickly stopped stirring her soup and rushed over to Yrsa. "I cannot believe you are here, how come gareth didn't inform me that you were coming to Kattegat? how long do you plan to stay? have you moved here?.." Eldora was so excited to see Yrsa, all the questions that she had for her dear friend, came out of her mouth all at once.

"Come in, warm yourself by the fire." Eldora suddenly stopped fussing over her friends and saw her puppies. "And who is this?.." She asked Yrsa giving both puppies a gentle stroke on there heads. Eldora quickly went back to her soup stirring it gently, she glanced up at her friend curious as to why she was in Kattegat, of course it was to see her brother during the christmas season but she hasn't seen Yrsa since she had left Skagerrak.

Seeing as her mother loved Kattegat and was born there, she wanted to be closer to her father parents in there old ages, seeing as Eldora and her mother has spent many years looking after Eldora mother parents, it would only seem right to return the gesture to her other grandparents. "What news from Skagerrak? She asked her friend, whilst giving her a bowl of soup to warm herself, this winter was as if the ice giants had dawn upon them, Eldora has never felt a wind so cold that it felt like blades to the skins.

Eldora was a great host, she made sure that Yrsa was fussed over, she even gave her friend an extra blanket of sheep wool to warm herself, and Ale was by the plenty, but at the moment Eldora opted in for the drink of the gods, which was a tea that looked like blood due to its colour, but it was very healthy and delicious.
Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 pm

The warm welcome she received from Eldora brought a smile to her face, and Yrsa chuckled a bit at all the questions her friend had for her. “He’s probably just been busy,” she answered first to excuse her brother’s oversight. He was busy trying to impress a girl, she wanted to add but didn’t think it was very nice to taunt Garth when he wasn’t even around to get all mad at her for it. “I don’t know how long I’m staying yet, probably just a few weeks, but I might not be returning to Skagerrak right away…” she trailed off before adding, “It’s a little complicated, but I’ll get to it eventually. And no, I haven’t moved here.” She couldn’t help but laugh at that too. Her mother would follow her here and drag her home if she honestly tried to leave. She’d also probably have quite a few things to say to Garth about it.

As she was ushered towards the fire, Yrsa watched Eldora greet the pups, and grinned at the blonde. “That’s Aksel and Aleksia,” she tells her first, pointing to the boy and girl dogs, before adding, “and that’s Anja,” she added, pointing to the black wolf. “They’re nearly done growing, but they’re still puppies at heart,” she told her friend with a smile. The three of them had all gotten quite big over the last few months, now that they were properly fed. Anja was decently and noticeably bigger than the pair of dogs, even though Yrsa was confident they were older than she was.

Eldora handed her a bowl of soup and Yrsa took it gratefully. “Thank you,” she said, sending her friend a warm smile before thinking about how to answer her question about Skagerrak. She needed to tell Eldora why she was really in Kattegat, and while she didn’t think the younger woman would give her a hard time, it was still a slightly awkward conversation to have, asking someone to lie for you the first time you’ve seen them in ages.

Skagerrak is… Skagerrak. My parents are doing well, everyone’s mostly the same. Though, with Rigas missing, things are a bit… tense.” That was a bit of an understatement, to be sure. She wasn’t certain if Eldora had heard already that the earl was missing, but it wasn’t exactly a secret. “Especially with Skagen,” she added, and decided that was as good a lead-in as any. “Speaking of Skagen, actually… That’s why I’m in Kattegat. If anyone happens to ask you about me, could you tell them I’m from Kattegat, I’m a thegn, we’ve been friends for years, and I’m the blacksmith’s sister?” Two of those things were actually true, so they shouldn’t be too hard for her to remember. “I’m… sort of… spying on Skagen. Just a bit. But it would be… not good if people realized I was from Skagerrak. I’m sure you can understand?” 

Trying to turn the conversation for a moment, she looked around the house before smiling at her friend. “How are you? How are things here in Kattegat?
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 am

"They certainly know they beautiful, don't they.. She murmured gently stroking both dogs, but her attention was taken, by the beauty of Anja for Eldora had only seen wolfs from a far too see such a creature up close was truly breathtaking. "I take it, these are you personal warriors..." Eldora jested, sending her friend a playful smirk before reaching out and stroking Anja. Eldora soon enough settle by the fire and listened intently to her friend. “Skagerrak is… Skagerrak. My parents are doing well, everyone’s mostly the same. Though, with Rigas missing, things are a bit… tense.” Eldora nodded her head slowly, she knew that was an understatement but decided not to ask any further, the fact that the Earl was missing was very interesting, some even whispered he was murdered, others say he was kidnapped for their Earl hadn't returned back from a hunting trip, or perhaps the Earls enemies had gotten to him before he could make a move. who knows only the Gods truly knows what has happened to Earl Rigas.

Turning her gaze away from her friend to focus on her soup, Eldora took a couple of mouthfuls, every now and again Eldora would lean forward and sip on her cup of ale. “Speaking of Skagen, actually… That’s why I’m in Kattegat. If anyone happens to ask you about me, could you tell them I’m from Kattegat, I’m a thegn, we’ve been friends for years, and I’m the blacksmith’s sister?” Eldora looked at her friend with confusion, for a moment she didn't understand why Yrsa was asking this of her but it all seem to make sense. She was a spy?!

"O-of course I can do that, but what I need to understand is why you are spy for Skagen and not Skagerrak, surely you know you are committing treason by spying for another Earl or Countess. Ysra why do you do this? tis dangerous business you have fallen into and playing into Loki tricks isn't wise for everyone knows only bad things shall to those who play the trickerest." Eldora warned her friend softly and sighed deeply when she was asked about Kattegat. "Kattegat... What can say? from what I have heard Ubbe and Bjorn have had a disagreement on something. I don't know the full details for it isn't my business but Bjorn has left Kattegat to wondered where the gods shall take him. but he didn't leave alone, he left with a women. A shield-maiden." Eldora seemed to go into a daze almost as if she was thinking about something perhaps it was about her encounter with two of Ragnarsson.

"I have spoken to two of Ragnarsson, and they intrigue me, Ivar more than Hvitserk... I do not know if you know of them. But Ivar the boneless..he is a torment soul indeed, very angry with the world..." Her voice trailed off remembering her conversation with Ivar. "I-i think I am losing my hearing in my right ear. For some days I can hear fine and other days, the sounds of the wind and the business of street, seem like mere mumbles and whispers.. but I am fortunate to be allow to attend the up and coming raid, Queen Aslaug personally asked me herself! she must of caught wind of my healing abilities." Eldora gave her friend a gentle smile, Eldora was more then thrilled to be asked to come on the up and coming raid..

Last edited by Eldora Eiríksdóttir on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm

At Eldora’s comments about her pups, Yrsa couldn’t help but laugh and nod. “They are. They’re a little too friendly on occasion, but they’re very protective.” And obviously she didn’t actually mind that they were friendly. It was honestly a good thing, considering they spent most of their time following her around villages, wandering past all kinds of strangers. If they were more aggressive, she imagined her life would be considerably more difficult. But Anja especially was fairly quick with that low, menacing growl when she didn’t like someone’s tone of voice or how close they were getting. And once she started, the dogs got involved. For now they were thrilled with the attention they were getting, but shortly, she was certain they’d all curl up by the hearth for a nap.

Yrsa had been a bit worried about telling her friend what she was really doing in Kattegat, and when Eldora started asking her questions about why she was spying for Skagen, and throwing the word treason around, Yrsa’s brow furrowed in confusion. She would never betray Skagerrak. What was Eldora talking about? “What? No, that’s not- I’m spying on Skagen. For Skagerrak. Not… treason?” She was so confused.

When talk turned to things in Kattegat, Yrsa’s interest was certainly piqued. This was the sort of thing she probably would know if she really was a thegn in Kattegat, she reasoned. Especially considering the four younger Ragnarssons were all thegns as well. Too bad she wasn’t spying on Kattegat, she thought for a moment. Between Garth & Eldora, she’d probably learn a good amount. But any information she could get from them would help her charade, and the more realistic her whole ‘being from Kattegat’ ruse would be.

That’s interesting. I wonder what they fought about? And he left with a shield maiden?” Yrsa didn’t know any of the shield maidens in Kattegat. She didn’t really know very many people in Kattegat at all, which was the only way her whole plan was going to work. If everyone knew she was from Skagerrak, she’d be discovered long before she got any information out of anyone useful.

I know of them, of course. I saw them all at the Harvest Feast. But I haven’t spoken to any of them,” she told her friend with a shrug. “Are they nice?” That was basically the only thing Yrsa felt she needed to know about people. Well, that and if they were nice to animals, obviously. If someone wasn’t nice to animals, they were a shit person and Yrsa would fight them.

Listening as her friend explained about her hearing, Yrsa frowned. “There’s… you’re a healer? There’s nothing you can do to fix that?” She didn’t like to think about her friend losing her hearing. Hopefully if that’s what was really happening, it would only be the one ear, because the idea of living her life without her hearing was honestly terrifying to Yrsa. She wouldn’t be able to fight if she couldn’t hear. Granted, Eldora wasn’t a fighter, but still. It could become complicated. “Are there any other healers you could talk to about it?

Yrsa hadn’t actually known Kattegat was planning a raid in the near future, and filed that away under important information to have. That could prove complicated for her as well. She wasn’t pretending to be a shield maiden, and not all thegns went on raids, so it wouldn’t be entirely unheard of if she ‘missed’ it, but it could raise questions. She’d need to come up with a plan for that, so no one was able to catch her off guard. She knew coming to see Eldora would prove useful. “That's so exciting! You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back! I might not still be in Kattegat, obviously, but I'll have to come back in a few months and see how it all went." 
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 am

“What? No, that’s not- I’m spying on Skagen. For Skagerrak. Not… treason?” Eldora made an Oh face, by Yrsa face, she knew that perhaps, she had completely misheard what she was telling and just amused the worse, but spying on another village was still a dangerous job nonetheless. Regardless whether or not it it was for there earl or for some high noble within the village. "Oh I see, but why would Skagerrak need to spy on Skagen is this regarding our missing Earl?..." Eldora asked causally, moving her pale blue orbs to her soup to take a mouthful. There conversation swiftly turned to the sons of Ragnar the two oldest to be exact.

Eldora side glance at her friend, making sure she was getting warm and was eating her food whilst her wolf and dogs relaxed down on the floor. “That’s interesting. I wonder what they fought about? And he left with a shield maiden?” Eldora gently nodded her head whilst picking up her cup. "I do not know of her name, the shield-maiden that Ironside left with neither does anyone else. Well I am not completely sure of that comment, but I am certain that it was about a women." Eldora grinned at her friend, it had been awhile since the two of them could sit down and have a gossip and a chat about everything and anything.

Eldora was rather intrigued when Yrsa said.“I know of them, of course. I saw them all at the Harvest Feast. But I haven’t spoken to any of them,” She giggled at her friends words. "The whole world knows that King Ragnar had loads of sons. I only know two of them they certainly are pleasing on the eyes.." Eldora joked, though that wasn't completely a joke, all of the sons of Ragnar was attractive in there own way and they all certainly held different talents and attributes which separate them from each other.

But that was neither here nor there, why was Yrsa in Kattegat during the feast, perhaps she was visiting Garth or something, Eldora wondered whilst bring her cup to her lips to take a nice long sip. "Why were you in Kattegat during the time of the feast, that must of been, before I had decided to join my Grand-father and mother back at home." She muttered her voice trailing off,
Eldora was  trying to think about how many moons ago, the kattegat feast was but Eldora could not remember anything. With a sigh she glanced up at Yrsa as she asked if the sons of ragnar were nice, well if memory serve her correct Hvitserk was nice and civil and then there was Ivar who was so complicated and conflicted Eldora couldn't help yet wish to cover the brewing storm that hid beneath the surface.

"I haven't met Ubbe nor Bjorn or the one of plays the music but I have met Hvitserk and Ivar the boneless. They are both nice, polite men." She informed her friend, was no point informing the complex personality of Ivar, it was best that she experience that for herself, even more so Eldora felt that if she said something bad about any of Ragnarsson, that Odin who they apparently were descended from, would be mad and ill fortunate would befall her and that was not something Eldora wish to find out about.

Unfortunately too Eldora who now avoided Yrsa graze as if she would get burn from making eye contact with her friend. Talking about her hearing was a sensitive topic for Eldora, it wasn't like she couldn't hear but she did relay on lip reading quite a lot lately. “There’s… you’re a healer? There’s nothing you can do to fix that?” Eldora slowly drunk from her cup, finishing the contents in one gulp. For a moment Yrsa question went unanswered, as Eldora refilled her cup. "I have tried many things, but I have come to realise that my healing powers do not work on myself and I do not think poking my ear full of things will improve it..." She shrugged it off as if it was nothing of importances. “Are there any other healers you could talk to about it?” Glancing finally over to Yrsa. "I have a feeling that not many healers know, how to cure hearing loss. but I trust in odin and his plans, I know he shall not forsake me." She reassured her friend, Eldora might test out pouring some water in her ear to cause it to pop allowing her ear canal to clear up perhaps that would improve her hearing. Who knows.

Eldora  thoughts were interrupted when Yrsa exclaimed in excitement over the news that Eldora was going on Kattegat first raid in awhile. “That's so exciting! You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back! I might not still be in Kattegat, obviously, but I'll have to come back in a few months and see how it all went." She smiled at Yrsa words that would be so nice to see her friend again. "I will! make sure not to leave out any details of the raid! it is an exciting time for Kattegat and for everyone who is coming on this adventure."
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora] Empty

Back to top Go down
Got a secret, can you keep it? [Eldora]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1