Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

PROFIELMessages : 49
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : UDDEVALLA

A chance at something new-Vern  Empty
PostSubject: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Alivna had been thinking about this day since the moment she left Vern in the market place.Was she really going to be brave enough to go down to the shoreline and meet him. What if this was all some kind of trap and a boat waiting to send her back to his father would be waiting there for her. Alvina would like to believe that, that wasn't the case. However it was hard to have any faith in any man at all. Not when she had nothing but a list of bad experiences with them. A list that far over weighted the good things that she had seen come from men. Despite all this she wanted to believe in Vern, her heart wanted to believe that there were men in this world that were good. That Vern was nothing like his father like he claimed to her. She knew he too had also run away from the monster his faster had become, so Alvina wasn't sure why meeting a slave that his father raped and beat would make him suddenly want to be involved in his fathers life again. It was one of the things Alvina liked to tell herself when she thought about not going, about running away. So far that she would never run into anyone that could send her back ever again.

He had left her with his cloak, and for some reason it was a strange comfort to her. A comfort that made her fight off the feeling of running. For if she ran today she could be running for the rest of her life. That was not the kind of life she wanted for her child. A life on the run was not a stable and happy place to raise a child, and so she would need to be brave. Alvina would need to trust in Vern, that he was a good person and that he really meant what he said to her. That he really wanted to be there for her and her child. The idea made her sick and nervous. To put any trust in a man at all, however she knew she needed to do it. Besides Alvina had friends here now. She was starting to really view this place as her first home and comfort, and she didn't want to leave. She wanted to keep working on her jewelry that Cecilie had convinced her to try and sell. To make a name for herself and become someone other then a run away slave girl from a horrible king. So she was going to put a little bit a faith in Vern, and she was going to meet him at the shoreline today like she promised him.

She had gone through the effort of packing a small  bag of things, even though he said he would handle it all. Alvina made sure to bring a blanket with her. One that was big enough to keep the two of them warm if it had to. She also made sure to bring his cloak with her, nice and clean and folded for him. On top of that Alvina had packed a little jar of ale for him. One that she bought from the tavern like a little peace offering to him. She knew he was trying to make up for pasted wrongs to her, and she also knew that they were not his wrongs. Vern had not been the man to make her pregnant. He was not the man who tried to drown her. He was his own person, and she could give him this chance to prove her that he was good. Good like she wants him to be so very badly. However if he was bad, if he proved to be just like the rest. Alvina made sure to pack a knife with her as well. One that she could use to get away from him and to safety.

The walk down to the shoreline hadn't been to horrible, and she was surprised at how beautiful she thought it was the closer she got to it. The sand was harder, from it being winter, but the way the waves crashed against it was simply wonderful to her. The closer she got the more she saw, and thats when she saw Vern as well. Slowly she walked over to him. Making sure to take deep breaths and stay calm while doing so. There was no a single other person here so at least when they talked it was going to be private. "Hello Vern" She says to him as she gets closer. "I came, like I said I would." she says to him next. "But I would be lying if I said I didn’t think about not coming..however I promised you a chance...and I want you to prove yourself true...Ive realized." she says to him after. Alvina wanted to be as honest as she could be with him. To have things start on the right foot. "To prove to me that there are good men in this world, so here is your chance." Alvina says to Vern last as she waits for him to speak.

Back to top Go down

Vern Vidarsson
Vern Vidarsson
Farmer

PROFIELMessages : 45
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Uddevalla

PostSubject: Re: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Two days of waiting and thinking seemed to have gone too slow. Jet to fast as there was so much he had to think of. His past game back to haunt him and now he somewhere seemed to see it as his mistake. The more he thought of it the worse he saw his leaving. Because it seemed his father had become worse. Like what he had feared but then… Would he not have changed the same if he had stayed? He was mad at himself for being so weak at the time. For being the one who run away from something he did not want to see. He began to think that he did not deserve to be called a prince. For what he had done was not prince like. It was something a scared little boy would do and maybe at that time he had not been more than that. But now… He blamed himself and started to question if anything would have been different if he had not left. Maybe he would have been able to pull his father out of it… He wouldn’t have had left his sister behind. Another dagger through his heart as he know realised he had left her alone with a growing monster… He tried to remind himself that he had just been a child and that the hit of losing his mother had come hard as well. After all he had been close to her. Closer then to his father. For his sister however it was the other way around, so maybe that was how she was able to pull through. But then he could not know how his sister was doing and he somewhere feared to see her again though longed to it. The fact stayed that he had been weak and stupid. Knew nothing of the world.

Now he could not say he was much better but he was no longer the scared boy he had been. He had been through a lot on his own. Had lost his life a few times almost and most of all had started from zero. What he believed made him strong. He had learned a lot and knew more about the world and its people. He had a wide view and not just what he had before. He knew he could not change the mistakes he had made in the past. If it had been mistakes as he felt it might have been necessary for him to do this. But realising that he could not change the past he now was more than ever motivated to do better in the future. He had no idea if he ever would be able to be forgiven, to be able to see his family again or even make it better. He had left thinking it was best he did not mean harm and he wasn’t sure if anyone would listen. He wasn’t even sure if it mattered anymore, as he did not know if he would see them again. But if it happened he would make sure to stand his ground and make sure that he tried his best to change the situation to what he wanted to happen. He would not run away again. But his family seemed so far and out of reach. He now had another goal first. One that was close and one he would be able to be here for. Well maybe.

As he watched the waves move up and down the sand he sat down. It was cold of course and as he had thought there was no one to be seen. But here he was waiting for his new goal. If she would come. It had taken a lot of him to not go check the tavern. To not check if she hadn’t run away. One because he did not want to scare her if she was still there. Two because he wanted to believe her words. Three because he did not want other people to see when he broke inside. Because he knew that if Alvina would not show up, something would break. Something that might not be able to be fixed. For he would know that people if they knew who he was thought he was his father and so they would never be able to trust him. Something that would be a nightmare for him. As he wanted the people to trust him. Wanted to be able to be himself with them without being judged too. Two he would not only have lost a connection to his past. But also a baby brother or sister. One he did want to take care off.

As time passed the nerves came up more and more. He did not dare to look around, as he would become to uneasy. After all they hadn’t exactly spoken of a time. Lucky the sound and the movements of the waves kept him calm to a certain level. Something he could concentrate on as he closed his eyes. Only to hear a sweet voice come to him not to long after. ”Hello Vern.” At the sound of that voice he relaxed and a soft smile came on his lips as his gaze moved to the beautiful Alvina. He slowly stood up as she stepped closer to him. He would never have thought he would ever be so happy to see someone he had just seen two days ago. But all his fears and doubts suddenly disappeared. "I came, like I said I would." He smiled a bit more not really being able to bring out another word. But I would be lying if I said I didn’t think about not coming… however I promised you a chance...and I want you to prove yourself true...I’ve realized." He looked into her eyes as she spoke so honestly. He was glad that she would say that. As he knew and once again realised that what he had asked of her was not that easy. Though it was not easy for him as well. "To prove to me that there are good men in this world, so here is your chance." He stared at her a bit more in silence. He so hoped he would be able to do so.

He took a breath and let it out. Before he rubbed the back of his head looking at the water. ”I was afraid you wouldn’t come.” If she would be honest then he would be as well. He looked back at her and mentioned her to sit down. ”But I’m glad you did!” He said with a bit of excitement as he went to sit down and then took a bag he had taken with him. Putting it on his lap and then looking at her. ”As promised, I took things with me.” He placed the bag next to him closer to her and mentioned to it. ”I didn’t exactly know what you would like so… I brought a bit of everything.” He had taken different kinds of dried meat with him, together with bread, cheese and even some vegetables. Of course also water, and even wood for when she would get cold. So then he would be able to make a fire. He rested one arm on his knee and looked at her smiling. He felt positive about this day. Today was a good day, as she already had come.

His eyes moved back to the waves and then he looked around. ”And as you wanted, no one is around. So we’re free to speak about anything you want.” he looked back at her and smiled again. Before he would teach her about the gods probably he wanted to know one more thing. An very important thing actually. ”How have you been?” He wasn’t exactly a master mind in pregnant women. But! He knew that some could get really sick and she head said she did get tired more quickly. So… well he wanted to make sure she was doing well. If not he would tell her they did not have to do it today, that they could do it another day. He would probably even ask her if she wanted to go see a healer. He would even pay for it if needed. After all even if he wanted to prove himself. He would do it even if he didn’t have to. Because he was truly worried. Not only for the child she was carrying, but for the person she was in a whole.
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 8:21 pm

A nervous smile takes over her face as she seems him stand up and turn toward her. Vern looked so happy to see her, and for some reason that made her a lot happier to be here. It meant that this meant something to him as well. That he really wanted to prove to her what he said was true. He wanted to be here for her and the baby. Vern wanted to prove to her that he was true to his words. It made Alvina happy too see his smile. He was good, he listened to her words without speaking over her. She could see on his face that he was taking in her words, he was listening and that he cared. It was going to make her feeling more comfortable around him a lot easier she was sure. If he was always this way around her. When she was done talking she saw him take a moment to soak everything she said to him in, before he took a deep breath and looked towards the ocean. She followed his eyes and looked toward it too. ”I was afraid you wouldn’t come.” Vern tells her, and her eyes snap toward him almost instantly. So he had worried? Alvina guessed that made her even more glad she decided to follow through with what she said and come.

Vern motioned with his hands for her to come and sit down, and Alvina nodded her head to him as she slowly mad her way over to where he was standing and slowly sat onto the ground. ”But I’m glad you did!” Vern tells her and Alvina gives him a gentle smile. "I'm glad I did too." she tells him softly as she looks to him as he pulls a basket onto his lap. ”As promised, I took things with me.” he tells her. His smile makes her smile at him in return. ”I didn’t exactly know what you would like so… I brought a bit of everything.” he says to her next and for some reason a small blush takes over her face at that. It made her feel bad and special at the same time. That he had even bothered to put the work into it at all. She figured he would be like any other man and that he wouldn't have done anything at all. However here he was, excited and with a basket full of who knows what. "That was very sweet of you, I brought some things too...but mostly things to keep us warm if we need it." she says to him with a small smile.

Vern's eyes moved back toward the weaves in front of her and she slowly follows his gaze once more. It was so beautiful to look at. The ocean just went on and one. It often made Alvina wonder what was out there. How many different places and people were out there as well. ”And as you wanted, no one is around. So we’re free to speak about anything you want.” Vern says to her, and her eyes once more drift back to him. Slowly she nods and matches his smile. She was still nervous about being alone, but it was safest. For them to be alone and whit the chance of someone hearing what they were talking about. She didn't want to risk the wrong people finding out about them both. If King Vidar knew they were both here and together, she wasn't even sure she wanted to know what that mad man would do to them. What ever it was, it wasn't going to be pleasant at all she was sure. Her death would be high in his list of things he was going to want to do that was for sure.

The next questions that comes out of Vern's mouth makes her smile even more. ”How have you been?” he asks her, and she cant help but thinking its all very sweet of him. Its going to make keeping him away and at arms length a lot harder if she was honest with herself. "I am well." she says to him first with a small smile."I am tired a lot, and can't wait for the baby to be born. However thats normal I think." she says to Vern next before the baby kick her. Making her grab at her belly. "They are always kicking though, so I will surely have an active child." she tells him after. "I worry about that and being in the tavern, but I just haven't saved enough to move into a house yet. So I'll have to make it work." she tells him with a sign. "How are you? I am sure this is just as hard for you to deal with and take in as it is for me to be sitting here." she asks him. Wanting to be as caring as he had been to her so far.

Back to top Go down

Vern Vidarsson
Vern Vidarsson
Farmer

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 4:39 pm

He could not be sure if the words she spoke were true. But she was here and that was what mattered most and she even went through the trouble herself to take some things with her. To keep them warm. He for a second thought they might have had similar thoughts. As it was winter and the wind here on the beach could get icy cold. Of course he didn’t want her getting sick. Being pregnant he was sure was hard enough as it was on its own. He also would probably not forgive her if she got sick. He didn’t care much of his own as he for one believed he had been through harder stuff then a silly cold. But of course he didn’t want to get sick either. He had a farm to look after and even though there were no plants to be taken care of the animals he had would not feed themselves. How easy his life would be if they did. His dogs probably would be able to catch some things for themselves. But the others… hmm he didn’t suspect that would end very well. His eyes were still cast on the waves but soon moved back to her. Examining her, her skin ad some kind of gleam to it. A happy one, but he did not believe it was because of him. Maybe it was just because of the child she was carrying. Even though the act of getting it was a dark one. He did somewhere find that she should call herself lucky that the gods had given her a child. There were many who didn’t even get that chance. But then as he thought about it he found himself frowning and looking away. Knowing that it was in its own way a horrible thought. She was not lucky… and he should never think of it that way. He took a breath and then slowly turned back to face her, a smile coming back on his lips as she spoke.

He was glad to hear that she was well, even though she tired a lot because of the baby. It was funny how such a little thing could take so much out of a woman. "They are always kicking though, so I will surely have an active child." Those words made his eyes travel down to her belly as he wondered how such kicking felt. He could not stop the smile from coming to his lips as somewhere he was happy to know that his sibling seemed to be full of life and he had to say he was quite curious to see if it would be a baby brother or sister. Either way it was quite exciting in a way and he could not help himself from being happy that he would get another family member. Even though it was not a child of his mother… The thought of his father raping this beautiful woman in front him made him quite sick too. He had thought that the loss of his mother had broken the great king and that he wouldn’t ever touch and other woman. That his father was still loyal to the woman he once loved. But seemed even that love had faded and it was quite a dark thought. Even so for now it was not his concern. "I worry about that and being in the tavern, but I just haven't saved enough to move into a house yet. So I'll have to make it work." He let out a thoughtful hum at those words. Indeed a tavern was not really the right place to raise a child.

"How are you? I am sure this is just as hard for you to deal with and take in as it is for me to be sitting here." He smiled and moved a hand to play with the cold and somewhat wet sand. He took a slow breath. ”I am well as well.” He said and a chuckle followed his words. He looked back at her and met her eyes. ”I have my farm to take care of, but as it’s winter there is less work, so I have a lot of free time as well.” What was good as he now could make time for her. He looked back at the water thinking. ”You know…” He followed and waited a bit before continuing, a bit hesitant with his words. ”If it does not work out at the tavern, you’re welcome to move in with me.” He looked at her and then blinked realising what he had said as he let out a ‘ah!’ before smiling and waving a hand. His words being a bit rushed now. ”I mean not with me me! Well with me, on my farm… in one of the barns or so? I could build it up so it’s comfortable like a house?” He rubbed the back of his head and smiled. Of course it was just an offer and he did not want to force her into anything. But it was an option at the very least. He took a breath and decided to change the subject. ]”Anyway, we’re not here to talk about that now. What do you know about our gods?” He would not keep her to long in this cold, and he didn’t want to bore her or tire her out. Especially not on a free day. So he wanted to know what she already knew so he could start with things she didn’t know. Though the history of their gods was a long one and not learned in a day. He would do his best to explain it as well as he could.
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Sitting here next to the son of the man that had hurt her so badly was a rather confusing and shocking thing for her. If anyone had told her that she would be doing this before she ran into Vern, Alvina would have packed her bags and ran away. She would have ran to the next village she could have gotten to before he would have been able to hurt her. However then she met him, and before she even knew who he was she had liked him. She had thought he was kind, and that he was sweet. He had been a stranger who cared about her and wanted to make up bumping into her. Like it had been the worst thing he could have done to her. He had been understanding, and he wanted to prove to her that he was not his father. All of those things had added up to the reason she was here. That she didn't run away from him and leave. Plus the fact that she was making a home for herself, friends and things she had never had before. Nonetheless, if she as honest, if she had thought for one second that this man next to her was going to hurt her, she would have left without saying a word to anyone. She would have just made herself start over even though she really didn't want to have to do that.

Vern had listened to her when she told him about how she was. He listened to her fears and worries, and he had been quiet and nice the whole time. So she had done the polite thing and asked him how he was doing. How he was handling all of this being thrown at him all at once. His past that he had run away from, and a women who was clearly and directly related to that past now shoved in his face. ”I am well as well.” she hears him say to her with a chuckle. It makes her smile at him and really look at him fully. Vern was a very attractive man, and if things had been different she wondered if he could be someone she would have liked. ”I have my farm to take care of, but as it’s winter there is less work, so I have a lot of free time as well.” he tells her next and she nods her head at him."A farm must be lots of fun." Alvina says to him. She was sure a farm was a lot of work, but all the animals had to be lots of fun too. She watches as he looks back toward the water and appears to be in thought. ”You know…” Vern says first ”If it does not work out at the tavern, you’re welcome to move in with me.” he says next and her whole face lights up in a bright red blush and her heart kicks up as well.

He clearly realizes his words weren't how he meant them as he is quick to try and add ”I mean not with me me! Well with me, on my farm… in one of the barns or so? I could build it up so it’s comfortable like a house?” to her. Taking a deep breath to try and clam her heart and nerves she looks at him for a moment before he goes on to speak again. Trying to make things less awkward she is sure. ”Anyway, we’re not here to talk about that now. What do you know about our gods?” vern says and Alvina gives him a small smile before taking a deep breath. "That is very kind of you..to offer such a thing." she tells him as she pauses and tries to think of the words to say to him. "Would it be okay if I had some time to think about it? I know you have good intentions...but we still know very little about each other." she tells him slowly as she is trying her best to be polite to him at the moment. "However I might have to take you up on something like that....I already know the tavern will be no place for my child...I just need some time..." she says to him next.

Bitting her lip to try and clear her mind from what they had been talking about, she focused on what she knew about his gods already. "I really don't know much, only small things. That there are more then one...that they all do different things...I had been told that because of how I was born and my parents, that the gods might now like me...but I don't even know if that is true." she says to him honestly as she blushes once more and feels awkward at how little she really did know. "Because my mother was a Christian...does that mean I can't follow your gods?" she ask him bluntly as she reaches into her bag and pulls out the large blanket she had brought for them. Dropping it on her lap she slowly with somewhat shaky hands offered him part of it. This might not seem intimate to anyone else, but she really hadn't been in any type of situation like this before. Alone with a man that was not Vidar, or someone she was working with.

Back to top Go down

Vern Vidarsson
Vern Vidarsson
Farmer

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 pm

He understood that she needed to think about his offer. Once again something he said without thinking. Maybe because it was important in a way but nothing to think about very fast. Also he didn’t believe it would be a problem if she did live on his farm. After all she could have a place of her own and live on her own. Just like she would in an own home without him. He would just be nearby like… a very friendly close by neighbour. He gave her a light nod agreeing to her question if she could think about it a bit longer. Soon adding that she might have to take him up on it. For some reason he did hope she did. Not only because it would indeed be better for the child. As far as he knew about parenting and children. But also because if she came to live with him. Even if it was just on his farm. It would mean she did trust him a little bit no? And that was what he wanted to prove. But then again she also could just do it because she had no other way out. Still Alvina seemed to be a trust worthy person who had been through a lot and he could not see any lie in those sweet blue eyes of hers.

He looked down at the sand when she spoke again. This time answering his question of what she knew about the gods. He had to say at first it had seem fun to teach her about their great gods. But now that he had had time to think about it. Well he wasn’t totally sure how to do it. After all they had learned about the gods through growing up. Many years of stories and tales. He wasn’t totally sure how to teach her. Only thing he really could do was explain which god stood for what and maybe tell the tales that he knew. Hoping that she would of course not grow bored of it. "I really don't know much, only small things. That there are more than one...that they all do different things...I had been told that because of how I was born and my parents, that the gods might now like me...but I don't even know if that is true." His eyes moved back to her as he watched a pink colour come on her cheeks. Making a very light smile appear on his lips. She did not know much at all. So there was a lot he would be able to tell her.

The smile turned into a frown though hearing that the gods might not like her because of her parents. And the question that followed did make him think before he answered. ”Because my mother was a Christian...does that mean I can't follow your gods?" It was a hard question to answer. Because he was not sure what the right answer was. He only could say what he thought. He watched her take out a blanket and his eyes showed some worry when she offered part of the blanket to him with shaky hands. Without thinking his hand moved to hers taking it as if to reassure her that she did not have to be nervous or fear him. He then moved a bit closer towards her and placed the blanket over his lap. He looked into her eyes before letting out a breath and soon his eyes trailed up towards the sky. ”I do not believe the gods would blame you for your mother’s mistake.” He looked back at her, looking quite serious about the matter as he knew it was nothing to laugh with. ”It is not your fault that your mother worshiped a false god.” He did not believe the gods would blame or punish someone for an other’s mistake. ”You are not your mother, and make your own choices. And it will be the choices you make that the gods will judge you on.”

After he had said those words he smiled again all seriousness from just a second ago disappeared. ”You’re willing to learn about the gods, you’re willing to believe and I think the gods will be joyful over that. After all unlike your mother you’re seeing the truth and will not worship a false god.” And how could the gods not be joyful to have a maiden like her worship them? He gave her another smile. ”You have nothing to worry about.”
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 4:38 pm

She felt silly that her hands had been shaking when she offered him the blanket, but part of her was still so nervous to be alone with him like this. Sure Vern had done nothing to hurt her, but he was still a man. None of her experiences with men have been the best, but he was different she told herself. Vern was not like any of the other men she had met yet. He was kind, understanding, and gentle with her. something she could not say for almost all the other men she had met in her life. It would be a lie to say they were all bad, as she had met some good along the ways of her life. However more were cruel and mean to her then there had been good. So it was comforting when she felt his hand on her own. Silently telling her that she didn't need to worry about a thing as he move himself closer to her. Alvina smiled at him, a real soft smile as she watched him put the blanket on his lap before he started in on telling her things. ”I do not believe the gods would blame you for your mother’s mistake.” she hears him say first, and she already feels a bit better about his answer.

That she wouldn't be judged for something that happened before she was born and in the world at all. ”It is not your fault that your mother worshiped a false god.”Vern said to her next and she smiled more. Sure she wasn't sure about anything like false gods or anything like that, but she understood that these people, her people, didn't believe in the same god as her parents would have. So she nodded at him and smiled as she listened on to his word. ”You are not your mother, and make your own choices. And it will be the choices you make that the gods will judge you on.” Vern tells her next and Alvina decides that it makes sense. That she would be judged for her own misshapes. However that just was not what others had told her. She had believed for so long that the gods hated her, it was nice to hear it wasn't true. To know that she had a chance to have something to pray to and to believe in. It was one of the things she remembered wanting a lot as a small child and living in the manor with the royal family.

She watched as Vern smiled at her and went on to speak even more. Letting her soak in everything he was telling her into her mind and heart. ”You’re willing to learn about the gods, you’re willing to believe and I think the gods will be joyful over that. After all unlike your mother you’re seeing the truth and will not worship a false god.” he tells her next and she smiles brightly at him, nodding her head yes at his words. As she was willing, and she did want to learn. She would follow them with all of her heart as soon as she knew how to do so. ”You have nothing to worry about.” Vern told her lastly and she smiled at him for a long moment. "Thank you Vern" Alvina tells him first with a shy smile as she looks toward the water. "That was something I wanted to hear my entire life, that I could believe in them if I wanted to." she tells him next before looking back at him.

He really was handsome, and for some reason she felt compelled to do what she did next. So being brave she leaned over and gave him a small sideways hug. Not really letting him hug her back, but enough for him to know that his words had really meant something to her. "I remember begging to be allowed to pray to the gods as a little girl, its nice to know that I can and they want me to...that they wanted it my whole life." she tells him before pulling away and letting out a deep breath. "Tell me more, I want to learn everything." she tells Vern next with a big smile as she moves a bit closer to him, without even realizing it at all. There arms now touching as she looked over and into his eyes.

Back to top Go down

Vern Vidarsson
Vern Vidarsson
Farmer

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 2:23 pm

The fair lady next to him seemed happy with the words he had given her. Though he could not say if they were the truth or not. After all Vern himself believed that different truths came from different people, especially regarding the ways of their gods. He could not say if he was right or not. He had only said whet he thought was right. But even if it wasn’t completely right who would tell but the gods himself and he was glad with the answer he had given as Alvina seemed to get a certain glow around her. A happy one, just a little sparkle in her eyes as she thanked him. It made his heart lift with a little bit of hope for his own. Seemed that his words had given the next step to freedom for them both. He watched her as she said that was something she wanted to hear whole her life and it painted a very light smile on his own lips to see the hope in her eyes. But it also kind of made him excited somewhere, it made his heart beat just a little bit faster to see such life come out of her. It was something he had not seen before from her and well he had to admit he enjoyed the sight of it. Maybe because it kind of reminded him of himself when he got excited for something.

It was then that something happened that he did not quite expect. She moved in from the side, her arms going around him in a side way’s hugs. It made his breath get stuck in his throat and for a moment he tensed up. One he wasn’t used at being touched like this anymore, second he really had not seen it coming. But he soon relaxed feeling how soft it was. How careful she seemed to be and even though he could not turn to her and hug her back, as he probably… or might have tried even if it would have been an awkward one. He gave her a smile in return for it as he listened to her words once more. "I remember begging to be allowed to pray to the gods as a little girl, it’s nice to know that I can and they want me to...that they wanted it my whole life." She then let him go and the warmth she had given started to fade as a soft wind blew by. But the warmth she had created inside of him stayed. He smiled and let out a breath after her words. "Tell me more, I want to learn everything." She moved closer to him as well and a bit of the warmth returned as their arms were now touching. He met her eyes and smiled. Before he thought about where he should start.

”Let’s see.” Maybe he should just start with the start. He smiled and turned a bit to her. ”Let me start with the creation of all this.” After all to understand the gods, they needed to know where they came from. Where all this came from no? Because without the base you were nothing and faith would soon fall down into disaster. He took a breath before he looked at the ocean and started to speak. His voice was a bit lower than before, but smooth and a certain excitement was laying beneath the seriousness of his words. ”Before there was soil, or sky, or any green thing, there was only the gaping abyss of Ginnungagap. This chaos of perfect silence and darkness lay between the homeland of elemental fire, Muspelheim, and the homeland of elemental ice, Niflheim. “ he started off.

It was one of his favourite stories so he did remember every word very well. ” Frost from Niflheim and billowing flames from Muspelheim crept toward each other until they met in Ginnungagap. Amid the hissing and sputtering, the fire melted the ice, and the drops formed themselves into Ymir, the first of the godlike giants. Ymir was a hermaphrodite and could reproduce asexually; when he sweated, more giants were born.” He remembered the day in the mountains, covered in snow. The day he could have sworn that he had seen a giant himself, a leaping shadow. Even if it had just been a dream it was stuck in his memory for eternity.

” As the frost continued to melt, a cow, Audhumbla, emerged from it. She nourished Ymir with her milk, and she, in turn, was nourished by salt-licks in the ice. Her licks slowly uncovered Buri, the first of the Aesir tribe of gods. Buri had a son named Bor, who married Bestla, the daughter of the giant Bolthorn. The half-god, half-giant children of Bor and Bestla were Odin, who became the chief of the Aesir gods, our gods, and his two brothers, Vili and Ve.” He continued peaking back at her to see if she still held that same sparkle in her eyes. After all he didn’t want to bore her with these stories. He himself would probably feel insulted if she did not like them. For he loved such stories.

”Odin and his brothers slew Ymir and set about constructing the world from his corpse. They fashioned the oceans from his blood, the soil from his skin and muscles, vegetation from his hair, clouds from his brains, and the sky from his skull. Four dwarves, corresponding to the four cardinal points, held Ymir’s skull aloft above the earth.

The gods eventually formed the first man and woman, Ask and Embla, from two tree trunks, and built a fence around their dwelling-place, Midgard, to protect them from the giants.”
He smiled and turned back to her as he chuckled. ”And this is how everything came to be, we came to be.” Humans were created by the gods, such they could call themselves the children of the gods. Even if most people probably had long forgotten this fact. He still found it fascinating.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: A chance at something new-Vern A chance at something new-Vern  Empty

Back to top Go down
A chance at something new-Vern
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1