Björn Ragnarsson
Huskarl

PROFIELMessages : 475
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : Ironside
Place of birth : Kattegat

Possessions | Rhona Empty
PostSubject: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 11:17 pm

The night didn’t brought him much of a rest. Physically he was at ease, but his mind was like a galloping herd of horses. He didn’t regret his actions with Rhona, not at all. It made him feel alive, and like a real man again. But the more he thought about it, the more he was afraid of the consequences. What did she expect from him? Things he wasn’t able to offer? He wasn’t just a warrior anymore, he was Björn Ironside, the next to sit on his father’s throne. The next to rule over Kattegat. And by those thoughts he wasn’t able to catch his sleep. Björn had tossed and turned, and as soon as the first daylight appeared he was already back on his feet. The dark circles beneath his eyes gave away that he was exhausted, but apart from that there was not a single sign to be seen on his body. His eyes were and always had been the portrait of his soul. Only people who truly knew him were able to tell how he felt, just by looking at his eyes.

But his exhaustion hadn’t kept him from fulfilling his promise to Rhona. The entire morning he was busy collecting the things she had asked from him. From the butcher he bought some of the finest meat, already cut into the right proportions. By the dressmaker he stopped to claim a fine linen tunic, which was embroider with a golden thread by the collar and sleeves as he waited. And at least he picked some of the most beautiful furs from his own collection. Björn had commanded a servant to position the materials on a table in the Great Hall, where they would be waiting for their future owner to collect them.

Björn was sitting by the fire, and apart from himself and a few servants there was nobody to be seen in the Great Hall. Aslaug had taken her boys on a little trip to the lake to have some time with the family. And of course Björn wasn’t a part of that family anymore since Ragnar had disappeared. Not that he was sorry for it, he had other things on his mind. But after a while, his busy mind finally found some rest. Björn had sunken away in his chair and eventually fell in a light sleep. The flames, the empty cup of ale on the table, the lack of night’s rest and his brothers being away.. it all played a part in his dog-sleep. He even wasn’t aware of his surroundings, so didn’t hear how somebody pushed open the wooden door.
Back to top Go down
https://concretewalls.tumblr.com/

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 219
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 pm

NO STRINGS

Rhona had slept like a log. Her night with Bjorn had relaxed her, despite the fierceness of their coupling. Stretching before she arose from her bed, she looked around for a tunic that was not ripped beyond repair. After binding herself and dressing, she placed her axes in her belt, smiling at the reminder that she had disarmed the great Bjorn Ironside. Making her way out of her house, she shut the door and began the walk to the manor.

The air was crisp as she opened the doors to the manor, noticing that it was mostly empty. Walking towards the table, she saw a figure sitting in the chair next to it. Glancing quickly at the items on the table, she moved past it to see Bjorn asleep on the chair. She knelt down next to him to see that his eyes had dark circles under them. Frowning, she stood and walked over to the table, her movements measured and quiet. She ran her fingers through the gorgeous furs, before spotting the gold-embroidered tunic laying beside them. PIcking it up, she grinned at the detail on the sleeves and neck of the garment. Rhona knew that this was not something she would wear to training, it being too fine to coat with blood or ruin with small cuts. Making a mental note to stop by the dressmakers to pick up some more fighting-suitable tunics, she set the fabric down before looking over the fine cuts of meat that were also present. Looking to the sleeping Bjorn, she chuckled softly before making her way back to him. She had a moment of clumsiness as her axe handle clanked against the edge of the table, the loud noise causing her to swing her head towards her sleeping friend. She wondered what had placed such deep circles under his eyes. Knowing that he never slept during the day if he could help it, she began to worry that he had thought last night a mistake, instead of the release of stress that she had thought it was. Thinking hard, she tried to discover a way to reassure Bjorn that nothing had changed between them. They were still just friends, and she did not want to add more worries to his life.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Björn Ragnarsson
Björn Ragnarsson
Huskarl

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 10:51 pm

The sound from metal against wood made Björn startle and he awoke from his nap. He placed both his hands on the elbow rests and pushed himself straight up. In the fraction of a second he had placed his hand on the knob of his own axe and blinked his eyes in confusion. He turned his head in a hurry and immediately found the eyes from..Rhona. When he finally realised what was happening, he couldn’t decide how to react to her presence. Björn scratched with his fingers through his eyes and stroke down over his beard. ”I see you have found your way in.” he said softly and rose from his chair, ignoring the fact that he had been extreme mindless by falling asleep in the middle of the great hall. If she wanted, she could've killed him with that axe of her. But luckily the only thing it had done was waking him up. Only by looking at Rhona he could feel her nails piercing the skin on his back all over again. And that wasn’t the only mark she had left on him. The bruises on his neck and collar bone, the never ending thoughts in his head… But he couldn’t make himself say something about it or even allow the feelings to take over again. Björn stepped right aside her and took place in front of the table. He placed both of his hands flat on the table and leaned forward towards the goods. ”I hope this is what you had in mind?” His voice sounded raw from his recent awaking. Björn turned his head, looked over his shoulder to the red headed woman, that had definitely earned the color of her hair.

The sphere that was in the great hall was nothing in comparison with the night before. But he couldn’t tell what was the cause of him being so distant towards her. He didn’t regret his actions, but he wasn’t sure of them either. The big question was what Rhona expected from him, and what he was able to offer. So there he was.. standing there in half silence, without any sign of emotion or empathy.
Björn Ragnarsson, a future King that had to carry the weight of the civilians.
And on the other side there was a table full of royal gifts that had cost him the entire morning to collect. A token of friendship, trust and maybe even some kind of love that he yet had to discover.
Björn Ironside, the guy Rhona knew from when they were still kids. Free, careless, fearless.
Two extreme opposites, that made the situation even more difficult that it was already was.
Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 pm

NO STRINGS

Rhona stood still, neither concerned nor surprised as Bjorn shot to his feet with his hand on his ax. She watched as he ran one hand down his face and through his beard before he spoke. I see you have found your way in. he said to her. With a grin in place, she let him make his way to the opposite side of the table as her. He moved his strong arms to place his large hands on the top of the furniture before him. As she eyed the marks she had left on his neck, her grin widened at the thought of what his back and chest must look like. Memories of last night flooded her mind again. A question from Bjorn had her nodding.
Yes, it has far exceeded my expectations. I had figured there would only be a couple of dressed rabbits waiting for my knife. A pleasant surprise, to find that I was wrong.
Searching his face for any signs of regret, she looked at his eyes once more. Her humor left her, as she began speaking, watching his tired eyes whole time.
What has kept you from sleep until now, Bjorn? You are not usually so careless as to fall asleep when not in your own bed. Waiting for a reply, Rhona braced herself for his answer. Rhona rarely regretted her choices, and her feelings about last night were no different. She did not regret bedding him, as she had wanted to do so for some time. But something was troubling Bjorn deeply. She would wait to hear how he felt before she chose how to speak.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Björn Ragnarsson
Björn Ragnarsson
Huskarl

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm

He could feel her eyes resting on his body, that was indeed battered from the fight they had fought the night before. But Björn didn’t looked back at her, not knowing what kind of look he had to put in his eyes. She got him more confused that he liked to admit, so it was better to preclude any more confusion. So without paying her anything like the attention he had given her last night, he asked her a question. About her expectations.. ”Yes, it had sar exceeded my expectations. I had figured there would only be a couple of dresses rabbits waiting for my knife. A pleasant surprise, to find that I was wrong.” Björn straightened his neck and placed his eyes in hers again. He just couldn’t help himself, she gave him the words in the mouth.. “I figured out that dressed is not really your style.” His message included a strange kind of humor, but the way he said it just didn’t match. He kept staring at her, until the smile from her face disappeared as well. She immediately looked behind his mask, that he didn’t even tried to put on.

”What has kept you from sleep until now, Björn? You are not usually so careless as to fall asleep when not in your own bed.” She stared straight at him, without any sign of regret about what happened. Björn had no regret either, he was just afraid of the consequences. ”There is a lot of thinking going on in my head.” He said and stroke over the back of his neck. The skin right beneath his collar was still feeling raw from the trail that her fingers had carved in his skin. ”About what will happen next. Expectations, maybe?” He knew that she would know that he was talking about last night. The pressure in the air just screamed it. ”What is this, Rhona? Why can’t I get it out of my head?” Björn had bed only a few woman, he wasn’t the type of Viking that would force himself on a slave. When he did it, it was out of love or two-way desire. But it felt like there was so much more going on.. or it could just be him. He wasn’t being himself lately.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 9:35 pm

NO STRINGS

Rhona listened to Bjorn as he answered her question. There is a lot of thinking going on in my head...about what will happen next. She shifted her weight, crossing her arms in front of her. A defense maybe, hoping that last night had not ruined a lifelong friendship. He continued, to her amazement. Never one for many words and more a man of action, Bjorn spoke. What is this, why cant I get it out of my head?

Rhona thought to herself for a moment, trying to figure out what feelings his words had created in her mind. She shot him a carefree smile, before placing her hands on her axes, a familiar comfort in what had suddenly become unfamiliar territory. It is what we decide, Bjorn. As you are plagued with many worries, I leave it up to you. I am perfectly content remaining friends who...comfort each other now and then, if that is what you wish. I do not wish to burden you, you owe me nothing at all. But I would be lying to say that I would not welcome more, if it is agreeable to you. Either way, we shall be friends until the Valkyries take us to Odin's hall. She hated to leave him more confused than before, as it seemed like he wanted a decision from her. But she was not the kind of woman to force her friends in to doing something they did not seem to want wholeheartedly. As she slowly gathered the small treasure trove of items in her hands, she shot Bjorn another smile, and winked at him. Thank you for the gifts. You know where to find me if you wish to speak more. Otherwise, I will assume we are to remain close friends, and I will be here if you need me. Good day, Ironsides.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Björn Ragnarsson
Björn Ragnarsson
Huskarl

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:29 pm

”It is what we decide, Björn.” She said. Björn stared at her mouth as she spoke words that immediately went straight to his heart. He bit on the inside of his jowl and nodded, slightly. ”You bring me a certain comfort, Rhona, just as I bring you all the same. But I can not give you more than that at this moment.” He took a step closer towards her, his eyes full of emotion. He meant what he said. . ”Our friendship has rooted deep inside of my heart, and we will be side by side for the rest of our lives.” He tried to place a smile on his lips, but failed. ”As friends. Vikings. Maybe one day as lovers.” He places his hand on her shoulder, slightly pinching. ”Odin has everything planned out for the both of us. We will see where his path brings us. I just feel that it is not for now, we need time.” With those words he took his off her shoulder and turned his back at her. As he walked to the other side of the table again, he heard Rhona gathering the stuff he got for her. Slowly he looked back at her, only to see her smile and wink at her. Björn nodded, raising the corner of his mouth. ”Thank you for the gifts. You know where to find me if you wish to speak more. Otherwise, I will assume we are to remain close friends, and I will be here if you need me. Good day, Ironside.””I will find you, Tvahänt.”

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 pm

NO STRINGS

Rhona gathered her things and began walking to the doors of the Great Hall. She was lost in thought and found it uncomfortable; so she did what she usually did. She decided that the best thing for Bjorn was to have less to worry about. So no matter his decision, she would be happy with it, and hope that one less worry weighed him down. With a clear path, she straightened her back and kept walking as her brain worked out what to do with the meat for her dinner. As she relaxed, her usual expression settled itself over her face. As she juggled the items to free a hand to open the door, she heard Bjorn speak once more. I will find you, Tvahänt.
Rhona smiled to herself as she paused to look back at Bjorn. Sending him a wink, she replied,"Knock a little quieter next time, Bear." She let the door swing wide and she exited, laughing at her own joke.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Possessions | Rhona Possessions | Rhona Empty

Back to top Go down
Possessions | Rhona
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1