Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 136
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

I'm not sorry [Haskell] Empty
PostSubject: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 pm

continued from here.

Well, Freyja was having a far more eventful morning than she’d anticipated. While running errands for her mother, she’d happened upon Ylva, one of the girls in the village who also happened to be blind, being yelled at by her brute of a father. When she’d noticed the bruises up and down the sixteen year old’s arms, she’d been unable to contain her anger. She’d half-jokingly offered to beat him up, and when the scared teenager took her up on the offer, Freyja had gone through with it.

So now, she was on her way to the great hall to find her friend, Haskell. She wasn’t too sure how this conversation was going to go. She really probably wasn’t supposed to attack vikings. But this man had had it coming for a while, given the state of his daughter’s arms. She’d even threatened him, for good measure, and told him if she ever noticed bruises on Ylva again, she’d be back, and with friends next time. 

But for right now, she just wanted to get ahead of it before Halvor went to the earl, or Haskell, himself, and tried to tell a different story. She didn’t have any trouble standing by what she’d done. In fact, she’d be happy to do it again. It had been years since she’d been in a real fight and it had felt amazing. But Haskell didn’t need to know that part.

Once inside, she scanned the area for her friend, and approached immediately, taking a seat across from him at a table and staring at him until she got his attention. “Hey. I just beat the shit out of a guy.
Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

PROFIELMessages : 69
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Haskell

Haskell walked into the great hall, nodding to one of the other Vikings before changing a look with Halfdan who sat at one of the table, throwing a chicken bone away, gesturing one of his slaved to do the cleaning up. ‘You set?’ He asked Haskell while grabbing for his cup of ale. ‘Everything is ready for Kattegat.’ He nodded in a reply. Haskell strapped the belt crossing his chest loose and grabbed his sword from on his back, laying it down on one of the tables. Halfdan stood up, giving him a firm shoulder pet before he disappeared in the room behind the great hall. Haskell reached for some bread before he sat down. One of the slave girls gave him a cup and he nodded in thanks before looking away to where Halfdan had left. After all those years he still didn’t know what drove that man.

He was stripping away some piece of a chicken bone with his fingers when somebody came to sit before him. Haskell looked up from underneath his eyelashes, surprised to see it was Freyja. He started smiling, throwing a piece of chicken in to his mouth before he gave her his full attention by looking up. ‘Freyja.’ He greeted her with a small grin. She didn’t game here that often, and seeing her he had to think about Sofie and her prank for which Freyja still didn’t know anything. But by the looks of it she wasn’t here for a social call. Her words froze his cheeks from chewing the piece of chicken. Just … his eyes traveled to her hands, wondering if she was wounded in any way before he slowly looked aside to where Halfdan had disappeared. ‘You did what?’ He replied her words. ‘Who?’ He softened his voice, looking around before pointing all his attention back to here. ‘He did something?’ He asked, scanning her body all over again. If she was all fine there had to be another explanation, one way or the other. She couldn’t just barge in here and say that to him like it was no big deal.

©️
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Despite the mostly serious topic she needed to discuss with Haskell, Freyja couldn’t help but grin at the face he made when she made her statement. He’d been mid-chew and his face completely froze at her words. But she couldn’t allow herself to be distracted by the silly look on his face. This was a potentially serious matter.

Halvor. He’s a viking, his daughter, Ylva, is the same age as Visna,” she began, to answer his second question, and make sure they were both on the same page. She was tempted to roll her eyes, because of course he did something. Freyja didn’t make a habit of just wandering around and beating people up. But that wouldn’t be very respectful, whether or not they were friends, and this wasn’t the sort of situation where being friends was going to help her too much. But honestly, she was okay with that.

Yes, he did something. I was walking past their house and he’d been shouting at her, and when she came outside she had bruises all over her arms,” Freyja had no trouble at all recalling how instantly she’d become fighting mad. “She’s blind, Haskell, and he’d been hurting her. I asked if she wanted me to hit him, and she said yes.” She shrugged a bit, almost as if she was implying she had no choice but to hit him after Ylva had said yes.

I only beat him up a little, if I’m being honest. I broke his nose and told him to leave her alone.” She’d wanted to kick him in the head a few times to make sure her threat really sank in, but knew Haskell would have a harder time forgiving a broken skull than a broken nose. “But I wanted to let you know right away. I made sure Ylva was safe and came right here.” Because she was a mostly responsible adult.
Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Haskell

Halfdan had quite the reputation for keeping women out of the great hall. He wasn’t only feared in battle, he was feared on many levels. It was not the first time Haskell sat here as he had his way around them, not asking, more like commanding. As Radningar Haskell never judged, he loved woman equally as much but he respected them a lot more then the earl did. So he was rather surprised that Freyja all of the sudden showed up into the great hall, disturbing his meal. Not that he cared about the chicken if he saw her beautiful face appear before him. But it was his concern in a way, knowing Halfdan was in the building that he would lay out on her. He didn’t paid much attention into the village, for that Halfdan hardly knew his people, lucky Freyja.

Her statement on the other hand made him block his teeth on each other, looking at her like she just stated she murdered a man … not that this was any different. The who in his question got answered rather quick and Haskell started chewing the left overs from his chicken as she explained the situation. ‘Do you,’ he felt silent and looked back into the great hall. ‘You not just beat a Viking Freyja, not if that coward can walk in here every second pointing out a finger to you.’ He said low voice. What if that man came here, he knew the name, he knew the reputation that man once had. He didn’t liked Halfdan but that didn’t wanted to say that he wouldn’t talk to Halfdan about Freyja, for that he had a reputation to. Being the serpent that he was.

What he did followed not far after and Haskell stroke his hand over his head, scratching his dark hair while looking at her. He understood the situation, he knew that the man had a daughter, but he didn’t knew she was blind. He looked over to the throne of Halfdan before turning his green eyes back to her. ‘You aren’t in a position to beat his ass because she asked you to.’ He went in on it, pushing away his plate before standing up. ‘Come on.’ He grabbed his sword and nodded outside. She explained in the meantime the way she beat him up. He couldn’t hold back a chuckle when she stated he broke his nose. He walked from the stairs and turned around to her. ‘At least you still remember how to fight.’ He said with a willingly almost sweet smile. ‘I’m fully committed to your reason why Freyja, I would do the same but you are in trouble if her father comes here and talks to Halfdan about the matter.’ He said with a sign, studying her face. ‘I can’t protect you if Halfdan asks me to get you and I hope you know how his reputation goes.’ He followed with a promising look. His eyes slide over the surrounding, thinking for a solution while shaking his head. ‘I will go talk to him and his daughter. You just keep your hands where they belong, on the ships.’ He stated with a smile, looking down to her hands. ‘You got hurt yourself?’ He asked a little more concerned. It was a mess, but a mess he could hope to contain.

©️
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 9:33 pm

She could tell Haskell wasn’t exactly thrilled with her explanation, but Freyja nodded when he said Halvor could walk in there any second and point a finger at her. “That’s why I came straight here. Before he had a chance to tell a different story.” She honestly didn’t think he would. He had been loyal to the old earl, and therefore barely an afterthought to anyone important now. And Skagen needed shipbuilders more than it needed crotchety old vikings. Plus, she had proof. Ylva really did have bruises up and down her arms.

He stood up and told her to ‘come on’ and Freyja followed silently. While she’d expected him to be a bit irritated with her, it was still a bit different to actually be face to face with him when he was irritated with her. She hadn’t been reprimanded in quite a long time.

Freyja smirked when she heard him laugh, though. At the very least, she knew Haskell wasn’t overly fond of the other man, so any irritation on his part would be at her reckless behavior and not because he didn’t necessarily approve of her actions. “Of course I can still fight,” she answered, actually rolling her eyes this time. She loved to fight, and she’d actually begun training with her sisters occasionally recently. She wanted to make sure she hadn’t gotten rusty, and she wanted to see for herself how Sofie & Rúna did in a fight. Plus, she wanted Visna & Tóra to know how to defend themselves, and had suggested the five of them train together.

Listening to what her friend was saying, Freyja turned towards him a bit as they were walking. “Can’t you just say he’s lying? She’s got the bruises, it was as close to self defense as Ylva can get at the moment.” She said ‘at the moment’ because Freyja was already planning on seeking out the sixteen year old and showing her a couple tricks in case the bastard, or any other bastard, thought they’d found an easy target in a blind girl.

She did know the reputation Halfdan had and the idea of coming face to face with him, or that he even knew her name, was a bit terrifying. But if she had to do it all over again, she’d have done the same thing. “He might not even know it was me,” she added, remembering finally that his back had been to her the whole time. “He didn’t see my face.

Freyja shook her head when Haskell asked if she got hurt. “No, I’m fine. He didn’t even see me coming,”she told him and shrugged.. It wasn’t exactly a good thing, to just sneak up behind someone and attack them, but Halvor was quite a bit larger than she was. She’d have been at a distinct disadvantage if he’d seen her coming. “And I promise, I won’t beat anyone else up. At least, not without coming to find you first, next time.” Because Freyja kept her promises and if that piece of shit hit his daughter again, she’d be going back for him.

Looking at her friend again, Freyja scrunched her face up a bit. "You mad at me?" She still would've done it, but she didn't like the idea that Haskell might be upset with her. She'd done a dumb thing but for a good reason, and she just hoped she was able to get out in front of it without getting into too much trouble.
Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Haskell

The last thing he expected for today was Freyja coming into the great hall of all places to tell him, of all people, she beat up a Viking over his daughter. That was the kind of information that needed some sinking in while he looked over to her, nodding on her words. ‘You know I would believe you over a Viking mistreating his daughter right.’ He stated with a short smile. Freyja was one of his former becoming shield maidens, a good friend, he trusted her to speak the truth. But in his head this could go wrong on so many levels, still in a way he felt proud, knowing she did it out of her heart and with a reason. That is why he acted all out of the air when he asked if she could still fight. Her rolling eyes and answer made him smile, giving her a proud nod. ‘Good, means you still remember.’ He stated, knowing it didn’t only came from him trainings but mostly because of her eagerness to keep practicing, even now, with all her other work she didn’t disappointed him.

While walking out he nodded on her words. ‘I can break his nose over again,’ he stated, turning himself to her, stopping a little before the great hall. ‘No blame for you and I’m in the position to beat somebody up.’ He said, helping her out. If he broke that nose all over again he actually could take the blame on him and safe Freyja from a possible meeting with Halfdan. He could easily talk himself good before Halfdan, Halfdan wouldn’t even care. But he would care if it came from Freyja. He looked at her and a smile came on his lips. ‘You are gonna learn her something, aren’t you?’ He asked, almost being able to read her thoughts.

When he asked if she was alright he looked down to her hands for a moment, still looking for a way she could maybe be wounded. But she reassured him she wasn’t wounded, that it all came as a surprise and he nodded in approval. ‘That’s the way to do it.’ He nodded with a small smile. When she said she would first come to him the next time he chuckled softly. ‘I hope there won’t be a next time but yes,’ he felt silent, leveling with her eyes. ‘come to me so we can beat him together, if you insist on it then.’ He winked. He was proud, he only didn’t show it. When she asked if he was mad his smiled died away. He grabbed her face between his hands and pushed her head a little up so she looked up to him. ‘I would never get mad over something like that, certainly not with good reasons.’ He smiled reassuring, letting go of her face. ‘I will safe your ass and then you own me something in return.’ He said with a slight tease in his voice.

©️
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 11:20 pm

Everything had seemed so simple earlier. When someone was hurting someone else, especially when that someone else was their blind, teenage daughter, you make them stop. The decision to help Ylva by hurting her father had been one of the easiest decisions Freyja had ever made. And given the opportunity, she’d do it again. Only next time, she’d have gone to find Haskell first. Because all this silliness about her getting into trouble was just that: silly.

Well, I’m glad to hear it,” she answered with a smile. She was thankful that Haskell would trust her word when she told him things like that. She realized now she probably could’ve handled it a little more delicately, if she’d tried. But Freyja was used to just saying whatever came to mind, and not really stopping to consider the consequences, which clearly was not always the best way to go about things.

She laughed when he said it was good she still knew how to fight. “I do remember. Actually, I’ve started training with the girls a bit. Just to make sure I don’t forget,” she told him easily. She’d wanted to see for herself how good Sofie & Rúna were, she wanted to make sure she hadn’t lost anything herself, and she wanted Visna and Tóra to learn how to defend themselves.

Her eyes widened in surprise before she threw her head back and laughed again. “He deserves it!” she told Haskell, when he said he’d just break Halvor’s nose again. “Can I watch? Or do I have to leave?” She quite wanted to watch but if the point was to avoid drawing attention to herself from the crusty old man, she probably shouldn’t be in the vicinity when Haskell did whatever it was he needed to do to help her out.

You bet your ass I am,” she replied with a nod, before shooting him a smirk. He knew her too well, it seemed. He’d immediately guessed her intention to teach Ylva a bit of self defense. It was the least she could do, since she wasn’t able to kill the man for the younger girl. That would definitely get her into some trouble.

Freyja tried not to smile when he told her she’d gone about it the right way. Sure, attacking someone from behind wasn’t exactly honorable, but she wasn’t too concerned when it came to the walking garbage pile that was Ylva’s father. She nodded at him again, this time not hiding the grin. Oh, they were definitely going to beat him up together. If it came to it. She didn’t normally just go around looking for people to hurt.

She certainly didn’t expect Haskell to get so serious on her, especially when he tipped her head up to face him, but she was glad he wasn’t mad at her. She smiled at his final comment about saving her ass and her owing him something. “Uh oh, I don’t know if I like the sound of that.” Not that she was actually worried about whatever he might have in mind. “Do I get to know what I ‘owe’ you? Or are you going to make me wait?
Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Haskell

There was no way that he would believe a stranger over her, even if she said the most weird thing ever. Seeing the relieve on her face he shook his head with a smile, how could she even doubt that, after everything. When Freyja trained with him she was one of the best. She always had worked hard, pushed her limits and kept eager to learn. For that she had his respect, for that he had always been proud on her. It was a shame to see her go but it didn’t changed a thing for him. When she said she was preparing her sisters a little he nodded in approval. In his opinion every woman should be able to defend herself. They didn’t needed to fight in a shield wall, they just had to be able to stand their ground. ‘I hope your sisters all turn out like you are.’ He said, thinking about Sofie who was already in some of his trainings and just a handful. He promised to not tell about the crickets, so he didn’t.

When he offered on breaking the nose once again she asked if she could watch and he started laughing. He shook he head and gave her a big smile. ‘Fine,’ he started pointing into the right direction. ‘you can come.’ He followed, knowing she would be all to happy to see that man break his nose all over again. He walked over the dusty road towards where he knew that Viking lived. Helping her offcourse came in return for something else and he chuckled as she asked what it would be. ‘I’m gonna make you wait.’ He answered with a wink. Knowing him she didn’t had to fear his motives or anything else. One day he maybe needed to collect an favor and he knew he could come to Freyja if the time was ever there. ‘I don’t know what I’m gonna ask for even, guess you will have to be prepared on all times.’ He said with a promising voice before turning, pointing all his attention to the task at hand, breaking a nose and clear her name if it ever came to that. Because that, was where friend were for.

©️
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: I'm not sorry [Haskell] I'm not sorry [Haskell] Empty

Back to top Go down
I'm not sorry [Haskell]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1