Elli Caldersdóttir
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 5
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Uddevalla

All Work, No Play [open] Empty
PostSubject: All Work, No Play [open] All Work, No Play [open] EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm

All Work, No Play [open] Tumblr_p39xa3FwIT1r6p2f6o1_500

It’s always darker inside the forge, even on the brightest of days. Her eyes had long since adjusted to the difference in light as she worked on one of her pet projects. All her commissions had been finished and technically she didn't have to be in the forge today, but Elli would rather be here, practicing than at home with the cancer living in her house. She had had many scraps of good and bad steel left over from the week that she can forge into thin flat ingots.

She set them aside by type, distinguishable only by the color of the metal after she’s worked it, in small piles safely away from the heat of the forge after she quenched them in the water by her feet, to cool. Her little black kitten, Soot, sat at the other end of the table, superior eyes watching the pile like they were the birds or mice she was supposed to be hunting, if she wasn’t too small. The animal can smell the heat off the material so she wont play with Elli’s carefully organized messes until they’ve thoroughly cooled.

Elli had plans for these metals, they’re the perfect recipe for the water steel technique she picked up in her travels, once she had enough. It eats at her that she cant use material specifically for this, but it saves money to simply use the scraps, and works just the same. She’ll go by the mines later and get some iron sand and maybe some wrought, undoubtedly someone will break a shovel or an axe, or a plow and she’ll have a reason for hoarding the material instinctively. Letting the ingots cool, Elli moved on to the water steel sword she had set aside for her next free moment, she’d been working on it for months and it was almost done, all she had to forge in the bevells before she started sharpening.

A forge was always loud, if it wasn't the bellowing sound of hammer on steel, it was the roar of the forge fire eating the fuel and getting to temp, dark and smoke, Elli existed in her own little world inside this forge, just herself and her will to create. Of course the door was open whenever she was in the shop, to anyone willing to try hard enough to catch her attention.
Back to top Go down

Lillianna Asmundsdóttir
Lillianna Asmundsdóttir
Dressmaker

PROFIELMessages : 28
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: All Work, No Play [open] All Work, No Play [open] EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Lillianna had ben thinking about getting herself a weapon for some time now. For protection, and to make herself learn to use one. Her shyness had always been the reason she had held back in the past, but today she was going to fight past her shy demeanor and go to the local blacksmith. She wouldn't lie and say she was very excited to be doing something like this, but she made sure to pick the more friendly seeming blacksmith to go to. That way she wouldn't change her mind the moment she walked into the door of the shop. Because she didn't want to deal with to many other people, Lillianna made sure to leave her house at a time that not to many other people would be out and about. That way people wouldn't be able to stop her in the streets and make her talk to them. One of her least favorite things because she was always worrying she was going to say the wrong thing and embarrasses herself. Something that was honestly a consent worry for her in her daily life, and made her even more shy if then if she wasn't worrying about those things as well.

The walk to the shop wasn't long from her dress shop, so when she got to the door she made sure to knock a few times before entering the forge. "Hello?" Lillianna said softly first before looking around and her eyes landed on the blacksmith Elli. The forge seemed to be so much louder then she had imagined it, and she worried that she had been to quiet when she first spoke. Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves Lillianna made sure to take a few more steps closer to the other women before trying to speak to her once more. "Hello, I would like to order a knife...." she said to her in her best loud voice she could manage. Taking a quick look around the shop she could see so many things she had never seen before, or at least this close up. Their were many weapons around her, some done, others not quite finished. She could see many different types of metals all over the place as well. It really was very interesting to her, even if it was very hot and loud inside then compared to her own quiet little dress shop.

Looking back toward Elli she makes sure to give her, her bravest brightest smile as she waited for what was suppose to happen next. "I...I want it to try and defend myself, though I am not sure if a knife it the best thing to get honestly." she says to her awkwardly next, not entirely sure why she was sharing this, but she was feeling nervous and that maybe she wasn't saying enough to the women so she knew what she needed. "I have never even held a weapon before, so this is all so very new." she adds in next before blushing and looking around. Already wishing that she hadn't come out, and worry that she was talking to much or saying the wrong things to her.
Back to top Go down

Elli Caldersdóttir
Elli Caldersdóttir
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: All Work, No Play [open] All Work, No Play [open] EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 am

Elli had to wait for the right moment to put down the blade before she could turn to see who was calling for her, evening out the fullers was almost more important than greeting a potential costumer, losing one sale over losing a significant investment in time and iron. "Be right there!" She roared over the sound of her hammer and the fire of the forge, shooting a brief look at the delicate looking woman at the doorway, before focusing back on her work. Once these set all she'd have to do would be to harden the blade, but there would be no harm in letting the metal cool between steps.

Laying in the last set and turning the light orange glowing metal over in her grasp so she could double check that the line went straight down the middle on both sides, she let it set on her anvil, safely away from anything that could catch fire as it cooled, and hooked her hammer to her belt. Making her way out of the shadow of the deeper part of the shop she tried to plaster her best smile onto her face, reminding herself that people need to like her to buy from her as she tried to remember who exactly it was that had come in. The soft looking dressmaker from down the way... Lilli... something. Making a mental note to ask Jorunn later, she wipes her hands on a nearby rag and walks closer to the shorter woman. 

"A knife, you said?" She asked, trying to keep the smile on her face, inner self screaming about how she is a blacksmith, she does not make... cutlery. "A dagger would fit your frame, I think, if its solely for the purposes of defense. Easy to hide and wield without much training. But I do have several swords that would do, if you were to desire being a bit more proactive in your defense?" 

Elli moved to her finished pile and pulled from it several daggers different styles, and a simple sword, much shorter in comparison to many of the swords the raiders carry, flatter, but broad with a deep curved, and laid them out on the table. She placed both the curved sword and a simple dagger before the lady. "These are the ones I can recommend to you, at the moment, but between me and you the dagger is probably more your speed. Unless there was something specific you wanted me to make for you?" 
Back to top Go down

Lillianna Asmundsdóttir
Lillianna Asmundsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: All Work, No Play [open] All Work, No Play [open] EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Lillianna was still so very nervous now that she was standing here looking at Elli. The other women was much taller then her, and even though she had heard from many people she was friendly, and seen her around the village as well, there was still an air of intimidation about her. Lillianna makes sure to have the best smile on her face when the other women walks closer to her. "A knife, you said?" she heard Elli say to her and Lillianna nods her head at her a little nervously. Then she hears Elli speak on "A dagger would fit your frame, I think, if its solely for the purposes of defense. Easy to hide and wield without much training. But I do have several swords that would do, if you were to desire being a bit more proactive in your defense?" to her, and Lillianna is already feeling a little overwhelmed already about everything. The other women's reasoning all made sense to her. A dagger, which she was sure is what she meant when she said knife, had not known the name of it. Would be something easy to hide, and thats what she needed. For a sword she was sure would be far to large and heavy for her to carry around with her. Lillianna was of small frame and things like that could and would be harder to hold for her, she just knew it.

Before she could speak or answer her, she watched as Elli moved around the forge and grabbed different things to lay out for her to look at. "These are the ones I can recommend to you, at the moment, but between me and you the dagger is probably more your speed. Unless there was something specific you wanted me to make for you?" she hears her say to her next and nods her head. Moving closer to look at the two different weapons she realized that she did in fact mean dagger and not knife. It made her feel silly for not saying the correct word to Elli, but she really didn't know anything about all this. So it was hard for her sometimes. Still she felt like this was part of the reason she didn't got so nervous to talk to people. In fear of situations just like this. Taking a deep breath she picks up the dagger and looks at it for a moment before looking toward the other women. "I believe this will do perfectly." she says to her first before giving her another small smile. "I think this was went I had meant when I said knife...I really don't know anything....but want to get men to keep their hands to themselves.." she says awkwardly to her next.

Setting it back down on the table she pulled out a bag of money. Lillianna wasn't sure how much all this cost, but so had made sure to bring a lot of money with her as well. "Before I pay you, I was also wondering if you had ever made sowing needles, or other sowing tools?" it had been a while since she had bought herself some new ones, and she was already here. So at least she wouldn't have to put herself out of her comfort zone more then once. Even if she was slowly starting to feel a bit better as time went on. "If not its okay, I just figured I would order those and buy the dagger now..." she says to her last as she waits for the answer and looks back to the dagger. One step in learning to take care of herself better was almost done, then she just needed to go and ask her dear brother for some help as well.
Back to top Go down

Elli Caldersdóttir
Elli Caldersdóttir
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: All Work, No Play [open] All Work, No Play [open] EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 1:08 am

Elli blushed a little under the grime at the question, feeling shame because she has never actually made any needles before, her mother always used bone and Elli herself wasn't one for sewing. "I can try?" She offered hesitantly, loathed to let anyone know she wasn't perfect at everything Blacksmith related. God where would she get the material? She'd need a jeweler's hammer probably to make them small enough to work as a needle. But she would be wasting a lot of metal just trying, would the investment cost be worth the payoff?

Just then, there was a loud clattering sound behind her, followed by the familiar feeling of needle like claws going up the back of her shirt as Soot settled onto her shoulders like the kitten had been there the whole time. Elli hung her head and sighed deeply, as she reached up and pulled the small cat off her shirt and placed her onto the table, "Soot we've talked about this" she said, shaking her finger at the kitten, who just meowed loudly and butted her head against Elli's hand. 

The larger woman gave her customer a sheepish look, "Sorry for the noise, She likes to help." Elli shot a hard look at her kitten, "I can probably make you needles but it will take time. The dagger will be two gold pieces. If you don't have it with you, you can pay as much as you have now and come back with the rest later, I don't want you walking around unarmed if you're being bothered."
Back to top Go down

Lillianna Asmundsdóttir
Lillianna Asmundsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: All Work, No Play [open] All Work, No Play [open] EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 9:26 pm

She was feeling better and better now that she had come here and braved her fear. Yes she had said the wrong words, and yes she had been embarrassed a few times, but she had come here like she wanted and she was going to be leaving with a dagger and needles ordered all at the same time. "I can try?" was what Elli said to her in return and Lilliana hoped she didn't make the other women feel uncomfortable. Even if when she did come to pick them up, if they were not what she wanted she would never say so to her. No, she would pay and tell her thank you and make do. However Lillianna had faith that Elli could figure it out. Her other work was very good, she could tell just by looking around the room. "I.. I am sure you are you be able to. I would just rather do all my business with you...so I have faith." she says to her trying her best to be encouraging and nice to her. Without coming off as awkward as at the same time.

A moment lady a cute little kitten came out and started to play with Elli. Lillianna thought it was the cutest thing ever. To see such a large somewhat intimidating women standing there talking to a kitten like she was right now. It helped her feel a lot better for some reason, and a lot less nervous too. Smiling at her when she said "Sorry for the noise, She likes to help." Lillianna had to fight back a little giggle. She didn't want to make the other women feel badly for, and she didn't want things to go back to being weird for them both again. "I can probably make you needles but it will take time. The dagger will be two gold pieces. If you don't have it with you, you can pay as much as you have now and come back with the rest later, I don't want you walking around unarmed if you're being bothered." Elli said last and Lillianna smiled and nodded her head. "I have it with me right now." she says to her first as she opens up her coin bag and reaches inside.

Pulling out three gold pieces she smiles and holds her hand out with all three toward her. "Here take three for now. I'll pay the rest for the needles when I come back for them." she says smiling."I want to however give you something for your trouble...and for being so nice to me. I know I'm a bit...different,awkward...shy" she says to her last as she bites her lip and looks away. "but yes I don't want to be unarmed...I plan to make my brother show me some stuff..." she says to her last.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: All Work, No Play [open] All Work, No Play [open] Empty

Back to top Go down
All Work, No Play [open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1