Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 21
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] Empty
PostSubject: I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 8:55 am

Cecilie was going to force herself right into village life in Skagen. It wasn’t feeling as unbearable as it had when they’d first returned, and Cecilie was determined to keep herself as busy as possible. Maybe that would help her stave off the near constant grief that had been threatening to consume her over the last few weeks. So far, it seemed to be working. She’d been helping her parents around the farm with whatever they asked, and the cottage she and Dómi had found in the village had not exactly been in the best shape. She’d spent almost a whole day cleaning and airing it out, while Dómi pretended to help her. After living with him on their own for seven years, she knew what he was up to, but she was willing to let it slide for the moment because it kept her mind occupied. 

With that done, she knew she should go find someone who knew what was going on in the village, and see if she could offer her assistance at all. Healing was something she was good at, and it was useful, and it would certainly keep her distracted. She didn’t exactly have many old friends to reacquaint herself with. Before they’d left, she’d spent most of her time with her brothers or her grandmother. Cecilie knew she hadn’t exactly led the most interesting life, but she’d been happy. She helped people, she traveled, she spent time with the people she cared about. It had been enough.

She realized this was the exact sort of thing she was supposed to be distracting herself from, and left the house. She was going to bring Bryn with her but the little kitten was busy chasing Dómi’s new puppy, Brokk around the house. It seemed the pair of them had become fast friends, which made her smile. Leaving the animals home, Cecilie left the cottage and headed towards the training fields. That seemed the most likely place to find someone to talk to. Unfortunately, she hadn’t been familiar with many of the higher ranking people in the village before she’d left, and she certainly didn’t know any of them now. Other than Halfdan. But she wasn’t sure this was something that required the Earl’s attention. 

Cecilie knew Dómi was already getting reacquainted with some of his old friends, and hoped that would also give her a few people to talk to. She probably ought to branch out on her own at some point but for now she was perfectly happy to follow her brother’s lead. Just like always.

When she reached the training fields, she stood out of the way, scanning the faces to see if she recognized anyone there or lingering nearby. Before she could get a good look, someone she didn’t know was standing far too close to her. He wasn’t much taller than she was, and from his build and clothing, she got the feeling he wasn’t much of a fighter. When she took a step back, he followed and Cecilie rolled her eyes. He was trying to flirt but she just didn’t have the patience for this nonsense right now. 

Please go away,” she asked politely, but he didn’t seem interested in being polite. So she punched him in the face, just like Elias had taught her. He clearly hadn’t been expecting it, and she was able to take a few steps back, putting a bit of distance between them. The man was cupping his hand over his nose as he cursed at her, but she wasn’t overly concerned. When he tilted his head back, she shook her head at him. “Just pinch your nose, don’t tilt your head back. And maybe put some snow on the back of your neck. It should help. Now please go away.” 

He left and Cecilie resumed her searching as if nothing had happened. She managed to spot a single familiar face not too far away, and approached him with a smile. Evidently she’d be bothering the earl after all. Hopefully he’d remember her. “Halfdan,” she greeted him with a nod. “Could I speak to you for a moment?"
Back to top Go down

Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Earl

PROFIELMessages : 15
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : The Black
Place of birth : Norway

PostSubject: Re: I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Halfdan The Black
Scars are for the living
As a new day started everything went the same, standing up, getting dressed, eating breakfast before everybody stumbled in with their problems and struggles. Halfdan was surprised he did this for years already, missing out of all the fun. He missed Rogaland, his brother but it was the power over this many people that kept him here. Since Haskell came back from Kattegat and hearing that the sons of Ragnar were planning on raiding he felt that urge again. So it kept him busy all morning, not wanting to raid some village, not wanting to stay within this land. He wanted to travel, he would join forces with Rogaland and then sail to England, or maybe France. It didn’t need Ragnar Lothbrok to get somewhere, they could do it on their own, conquer the world. And such thought brought him in a good mood. It would take months of preparation, waiting for the summer but they would sail, Skagen would grow strong, overthrow others, rule.

His hands were folded around the edge of the table, looking down to a map until a pair of footsteps pulled him out of his concentration and he looked back up, to Haskell. ‘Where is the rest?’ He asked while folding the map and tugging it in his tunic. ‘Training.’ Haskell answered. Halfdan got that grin on his face and Haskell reacted on that with the same kind of smile. They didn’t exchanged words as they walked out of the great hall towards the training fields.

As they arrived Halfdan let his almost dark eyes rest on the people training. Normally Haskell would be the one doing it, he still did sometimes but it was time for the young to raise to the rank. Everybody bow or nodded to Halfdan as he stood still beside a tree, leaning nonchalant against it as he looked over the people fighting, doing more their best now the earl was watching. Something in the corner of his eyes caught his attention and he lurked around the tree, his blond hair falling before his dark eyes as he looked to a man and a woman. He didn’t recognize the man but he surely recognized the women. She was back? She never said goodbye when she left and he forgot about her as time passed and now she was back, hitting that man right against the nose. Halfdan heard Haskell chuckle as he was watching the same scenario. Halfdan only looked at her … the one person that probably meant more to him, in a way. He remembered her as a younger girl, together with her grandmother treating him. He always had looked out for her, until she disappeared. He was still looking at her when she caught his eyes, the corner of his lips traveled in a single second up. ‘Cecilie.’ He greeted her right back, his dark eyes shortly traveling over her before her words let his eyes travel right back. He looked aside to Haskell and nodded shortly. Haskell shortly smiled to her before walking away to where the boys and girls were training. ‘I thought I would never see you again.’ He started as Haskell was away. He turned his eyes back to Cecilie, now that soft smile on his lips. ‘Where were you?’ He asked curious. Who knew Halfdan would know he was generally happy to see her, because that smile … it wasn’t there much.
For Cecilie  ©️
Back to top Go down

Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 21
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

PostSubject: Re: I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Smiling at Halfdan when he returned her greeting, she finally realized there was someone with him, and turned to smile and nod at Haskell as well. She wasn’t overly familiar with him, but his parents were also farmers, and she was fairly certain she recalled seeing him training with her brothers occasionally before they’d left. He was a few years older than Dómi. He left shortly after she’d arrived, and Cecilie focused her attention on Halfdan.

Before she was able to explain why she was bothering him, he spoke first and her smile faltered as her eyes widened a bit. He thought he’d never see her again? While they’d been friendly before she left, she honestly didn’t imagine he’d think of her at all. Cecilie wasn’t sure how to react to that. What she did know, was she felt badly now. She hadn’t even said goodbye. She’d considered it, of course. But he was the Earl, ‘and not a very nice one’ Dómi never had any trouble pointing out. Naturally, the then-twenty-year-old Cecilie had simply left with her brothers when they were ready, and never looked back.

The smile on his face didn’t seem to imply he was upset, which was a relief. That would’ve been a bad move on her part; Come home and immediately get into trouble with Halfdan.

He asked where she’d been, and, assuming he was not upset with her, Cecilie grinned at him again. “Everywhere,” she answered excitedly, before amending the statement, “well, probably not everywhere. But we spent a few years just traveling, and then ended up in Kattegat for a while,” she told him with a nod. “My brothers wanted to travel, and I wasn’t about to be left behind,” she added with a smile and a small shrug.

For a moment, she’d almost forgotten why they were back to begin with. Her smile faded slightly, and she shrugged again. “But I’m back now. For good, I think. Which is why I was coming to talk to you, actually. If anyone needs a healer, I’m living in the village with Dómi.”  

Cecilie took a moment to look around them at the other people making their way through the village, and the assorted shops nearby before turning back to Halfdan with a smile. “How has everything been here? We didn’t get a lot of news from my parents over the years. How are you?” Clearly she’d been a bad friend in the past, she should do her best to remedy that immediately.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan] Empty

Back to top Go down
I'm still the same, but I'm trying to change [Halfdan]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1