Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

PROFIELMessages : 148
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : The Trickster
Place of birth : Skagen

conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell Empty
PostSubject: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Sofie had been spending the morning training with the other women of the village. She had been doing so well today, and hadn't lost any of her battles. However despite how well she had been doing, she heard Freydis talking shit again. It had started out with her talking about Freyja and how much of a coward she thought she was for stopping her training becoming a boat builder.Sofie did her best to ignore that, it was something the women had said before. The next thing the Shield maiden said was that Visna was going to grow up to be a little whore. That Freydis could just see it coming. Sofie again, tried her best to just ignore the comments, and even knocked her opponent to the ground with such ease. It was what Freydis said last however that set Sofie off. The bitch had the nerve to say that she bet that Tora would make a great Thrall. Because she was so friendly and small. That any man in the village would love to have a little Thrall like her. That had been enough for her. She knew that she needed to teach Freydis a lesson to keep her stupid mouth shut for a while now, but had tried her best to just prank the other women. She had hid her weapons, dyed her clothes, and even put spiders in her bed. Nothing was seeming to make her shut up. Noting was going to make her stop. So, Sofie kicked the person she was training with currently to the ground quickly before heading toward Freydis.

She was just within grabbing distance whens she pointed her sword in Freydis's face. "I have had enough go you.she said to her first. Anger rolling off of Sofie in waves. She knew that if she lost this fight that it was not going to end well for her. "You are going to shut your fucking mouth about my family, and your going to do it now! She said to her next. "Oh are you going to make me? Freydis asked her with a cocky look on her face. "You're just a Frú" the women said to Sofie after that. "I'm going to fight you right now, and if I win you will keep your fucking ugly mouth shut! Sofie yelled at Freydis as she looked the older women over. She really was an ugly women, inside and out. To make fun of a family just because she was jealous was petty, and Sofie knew that all of Freydis's words were petty and jealous. However that didn't change the face that she wanted her to shut her mouth. Besides, Freyja said that it would fee great to beat her in training, and knock her down a peg or two. Something Sofie knew that she was easily going to be able to do. Even though Freydis was twice her age and a seasoned shield maiden, it as going to be an easy fight for Sofie.

Freydis just looked at her for a few moments, and the sword Sofie had pointed at her face."I am a shield maiden! I don't need to fight a Frú! You are nothing compared to me." she said trying to push Sofie's sword from her face."Are you scared I'll win?" was all Sofie said in return. Moving the sword even closer to the older women face. Freydis made a sound that sounded similar to what a pig would make before he backed away and raised her sword. Good, Sofie was glad she wasn't going to be a coward about all this. It would make things so much less fun. Sofie got into positions and they started there little dance. Freydis was angry, and it was showing in her moves and hits. It was making it all too easy for Sofie. In battle its best not to get mad, to give all your mind and energy into winning and thinking out your moves. Sofie had been watching the Shield maiden for weeks, watching how she fought and studying her moves. She had not gone into this fight blindly, that would be more then foolish.

The fighting went on for maybe twenty minutes before Sofie was able to knock the other women sword from her hands. She then turned and kicked Freydis's feet out from under her body before pointing her sword at the women stomach. "Are you going to keep your stupid mouth shut, or am I going to need to run you though with the sword?" Sofie demanded of the women on the ground. "I won't say anything anymore, now get away!" Freydis cried out like a child. Sofie just rolled her eyes and moved the sword from her stomach area, but did not move or turn her back. She wasn't stupid, she knew the Shield maiden fought dirty from time to time. She watched as Freydis got up and got her sword before she ran away like a baby runs to his mother. Sofie just stood there for a few minutes. There had been quite the crowd that gathered around her fight, and now she was being watched by villagers, and viking alike. Sofie simply nodded her head toward them all before turning on her heal and heading straight home.Once home she didn't talk to a soul, she just went to the bathing area and got herself a bath ready. She was glad she defeated the other women. Hopefully she really would stop her shit and leave her families names out of her mouth.

Back to top Go down

Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Earl

PROFIELMessages : 15
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : The Black
Place of birth : Norway

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Halfdan The Black
Scars are for the living
With his hands on the table, he slowly looked up to an older man walking into the great hall. He hated this part of the task, “helping” them out, advising them, stopping the arguments over things he really wasn’t interest in. Halfdan wasn’t much of a popular person here in Skagen, not even after all that time. People this like him for his harsh ways of ruling, his uninterest in there well faired. He was feared and that was exactly what he wanted from his people, that his name made them quiet, that his name made them instantly listen. There weren’t much villagers coming in the great hall with there problems. Even this old man regret it the moment Halfdan looked up from a map over to the man, his blond his darkening half his face as he squeezed his eyes a little closer. ‘Talk.’ He just said, straightening his back by pushing away from the table. The old man was a famer, complaining about the wildlife stealing there stocked food on a cold day. ‘You were a farmer, right, before this?’ Halfdan asked, looking aside to Haskell. Haskell leaned against a pillar, following the thoughts Halfdan had for the last hour. ‘Yes I was.’ He answered with a nod, looking over to the farmer. ‘And?’ Halfdan asked. ‘Wildlife eating there stocked food is also eating our stocked food. Farmers don’t have the ability to kill those predators on their own.’ Haskell explained, knowing how he used to hunt those animals for his parents. But his task became to important now. Halfdan walked around the table, pushing out his cup without looking to the thrall who hurried over to fill it. ‘Help the old man with his problem.’ Halfdan said to one of his Vikings. The farmer thanked him and Haskell slowly looked aside to Halfdan. ‘What? I would like to have food this winter.’ He chuckled, bring the cup to his lips before drinking.

It didn’t took long before one Haskell his trained Vikings walked in, smiling from ear to ear. ‘What is so funny?’ Haskell asked him. ‘Your shield maiden got beaten down by a Frú.’ The man chuckled. Haskell frowned his eyebrows and Halfdan turned away from the table, with the same look. ‘Freydis, twice that girl her age.’ The man said, grabbing some food off a half empty plate. ‘Is she good?’ Halfdan asked, looking aside to Haskell. ‘Freydis? She is a shield maiden, yes, she is.’ Haskell nodded before looking back to the Viking man. ‘Beaten down by a girl. Haskell I didn’t knew you made them that good.’ Halfdan laughed, drinking his cup empty. Haskell chuckled, shaking his head. ‘Who was she?’ He asked his Viking. ‘Trickster Sofie.’ The Viking answered with his mouth full. The grin on Haskell his face died in an instant with that name as Halfdan observed him from the side. ‘Trickster Sofie, it is not the first time that name crosses my path.’ Halfdan noticed. Haskell looked aside to him, just nodding on the words. ‘And now she beats down experienced shield maidens, is that a blessing or a curse?’ Halfdan asked Haskell, his tone almost flat, like he wanted the girl to be punished for her acts. ‘She is young.’ Haskell defended Sofie her tricks and misbehavior. ‘I will be the judge of that my friend, get her for me.’ Halfdan commanded. Haskell nodded, grabbing his sword from the table before walking out, angry.

He knew their house, he knew Sofie, he knew Visna but he mostly knew Freyja and he hoped the eldest sister wasn’t home. The whole way over Haskell tried to figure out a way to get Sofie of the hook, away from Halfdan and his cruel thoughts. When he arrived he knocked on the door, leaning his arm up against the wood while he rested his head on that lifted fist, closing his eyes for a second. Until the door went open and he looked down to Sofie. She would see it immediately, he was way to serious. But in a way … this was all her fault. ‘Halfdan The Black wants to see you.’ He said without to much emotions. How much fun would she have now?
For Sofie  ©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Sofie had been stomping around her house for hours now. She was so glad that she finally beat the other women in a fight, but it still didn't make the fact that she was mad about what she had said any better. How could someone be so jealous, and so petty that they would wish the life of a thrall on someone as kind and sweet as Tora. It confused her, and angered her to no end. The thing she was most upset by was that she almost had run Freydis throw with her sword. The strong desire to kill her and shut her up forever had been running throw her mind as she had looked at her on the ground. Sofie had started her training to be able to protect her family, and help earn riches fro them as well. Not to become a killer, or a monster. So why had she been so willing to do it. Why had every bone in her body wanted her to just push a little bit farther and end Freydis's life. Maybe it was the constant shit that fell from the other women's mouth. Or perhaps it was the fact that she has been listening to it for months now, and she had just had enough. Sofie wasn't sure, all she knew was that she wasn't going to let herself get that made or think those types of thoughts ever again. She would just handle the situation a lot faster next time, instead of letting it eat her alive until she snapped like she had done today.

She was still stomping around the house when she heard someone knocking at the door. Great, who wanted to bug her now. She opened it and her eyes fell onto Haskell, and he looked to be in a mood. That meant that he knew, and he was mad at her for fighting one of his Shield maiden. Of course he had no idea everything that had been going on. So if she was lucky, when he was done yelling at her she would be able to tell him everything that had been going on. Then maybe he wouldn't punish her, at least she hoped he wouldn't. Opening her mouth she went to speak just as he spoke first. ‘Halfdan The Black wants to see you.’ he said to her and Sofie felt her mouth fall open, and her eyes widen in shock. At the same time her heart sped up to a speed she had never felt before."What." she said looking at him. Halfdan wanted to see her over this? What was he going to do to her? Would he even listen to what she had to say, and why she did it? Sofie felt her breathing pick up and the panic start to set in. Haskell had no emotion on his face, but she could see he was mad at her. Was she going to die? Was she going to be raped? She had heard so many horrible things about the earl over the years, and now because she had to go and make that bitch shut up he wanted to see her.

More deep breaths came in and out of her body as she tired to form words in her mind and mouth. "Oh Gods." she said first and she looked at him and then looked around for a way to escape. Even if she ran, they would get her. Then things would just be worse, whatever punishment that he wanted to give her would be worse. "I was just trying to shut her up." she said next more to herself then to Haskell.Her hands were shaking now and she thought of everything that was or could happen to her when she got to the manor. "She had been saying nasty things about my sisters and I for months. I just wanted her to stop." Sofie said next, again more to her own self then to Haskell. "Now I'll be raped and killed." she said and a short sob fell from her lips and she looked up at Haskell. Panic all over her face,as well as the heavy worry she was feeling. "I'm sorry...I...oh gods...is he going to kill me Haskell?" she asked him boldly. If she was going to be killed she wanted to know, no she needed to know. She would have to tell her sisters goodbye , and her mother. Even if she was mad at her for trying to marry another man.

The tears came next, but she did her best to rub them away. She couldn't be weak, and she couldn't look like she had been upset before she was taken before Halfdan. Through her breathing she reached out a hand toward him for him to take her to Halfdan. This was her fault, she had brought it onto herself by fighting the ugly bitch. She would have to deal with what was going to happen next. She just hoped her sisters knew she loved them, and part of her regretted never telling Aleinn she liked him. There might not be a chance for her to do that now. There might not be a chance for her to do anything else ever again.

Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

PROFIELMessages : 69
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Haskell

He wasn’t pleased, not for a bit. Somewhere he thought that she understood, the things he was saying when he let her work for her prank. Sofie was young, she thought she knew a lot, she loved to take the matters on own hands. Her pranks were well know, people talked about it. Even in the great hall the trickster was an often discussion around the table. Haskell had laughed about the crickets in his home but he wasn’t laughing now. She crossed a line, she crossed his line and now Halfdan wanted to see the face behind the name. Haskell offered immediately to get her, only so he could say his own thing to her before she had to face a much bigger thread. How could she be so ignorant? Was she even listening to anything he learned her? Freyja came straight to him when she beat of one of the Vikings, Sofie … she just thought that she could get away with it. She knew him, but she was planning on getting to know a whole other side of him.

When he knocked on the door he tried on getting his thoughts sort out. He had to tell her in what kind of a mess she was, he needed to defend her against Halfdan, he needed to tell Freyja. Only the thoughts about Freyja made his chest heavy. But it left him as soon as the door went open and Sofie stood there. He didn’t care for her reaction, she deserved it, so he just dropped it down on her, that Halfdan wanted to see her. He knew once Halfdan put an interest in something it didn’t went a way so easily. He had seen Halfdan do things, not wrong enough to make his shift teams but still. ‘Scramble your confident together, you are coming with me.’ He said flat, stepping away so she could walk out of the door.

It took her a minute, to let it sink in and Haskell looked only down to her as she started to panic. When she said she was just trying to shut her up Haskell came right in between. ‘You took it on your own to beat one of my shield maidens where everybody could see it, do you know in what mess you are in?’ He asked her, shacking his head, stopping her for talking ever further. ‘I need to bring you to Halfdan of all people, because you and your pranks, your constant way of proving yourself got his interest.’ He explained it explicit, so it would get to her. When she tried on explaining the situation he just shook his head. ‘You had come to me, I would have helped. Your sister was so smart to do it, now I need to find her later and explain everything. You are not only putting yourself in danger, you are putting your sisters at risk to.’ He said, still angry. Despite that, he never raised his voice, but it was pretty obvious, he was disappointed. Now he had to find Freyja to tell her that her younger sister had to stand before Halfdan. Sofie started really panicking, blabbing about rape and killing and he just breathed out, trying to keep his focus on the task rather then on her panic. He needed to protect her, for himself and for Freyja. When she asked, with such much fear, if Halfdan was going to kill her, he calmed a little, laying his hand on the back of her head and leading her outside. ‘No, I wouldn’t let him.’ He answered quietly, holding his hand for a moment on her shoulder before walking towards the great hall. ‘If you provoke him in any way Sofie, you gonna regret it.’ But that warning she didn’t need as he saw the fear all over her face.

©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 7:07 pm

Sofie was still in the middle of her panic when she heard Haskell speak to her. ‘Scramble your confident together, you are coming with me.’ he told her and she really didn't feel confident at the moment. She felt more like throwing up all over the ground at the idea of what was going to happen to her now. Sofie did her best to try and explain things to him. To tell him that she was just trying to beat the shield maiden up so she would leave her family alone. She just wanted to make her stop, not all this. ‘You took it on your own to beat one of my shield maidens where everybody could see it, do you know in what mess you are in?’ Was what Haskell said when he cut into her words. She could feel the anger coming off of him and in his words. If he was mad at her, Gods, that meant Halfdan had to be even more mad at her. She was going to try to explain things to him. To speak, but he beat her too it. ‘I need to bring you to Halfdan of all people, because you and your pranks, your constant way of proving yourself got his interest.’ the way he worded it, it terrified her to no end. What would it mean to have his interest? Was he going to want her in an adult way, or was he going to ask her to fight? She had no idea, all she knew was she wanted her daddy, and her daddy was dead. With her luck she was going to be joining him far sooner then she wanted too as well. "I didn't want this, to get his interest. I just...I'm sorry." she said to him with fear and confusion on her face.

She was still shaking, everything he was saying to her was settling down on her heart and her soul, and he wasn't done. ‘You had come to me, I would have helped. Your sister was so smart to do it, now I need to find her later and explain everything. You are not only putting yourself in danger, you are putting your sisters at risk to.’ Haskell said to her and Sofie's eyes shot to him. Her sisters were going to be in danger now too? Oh gods, she would kill him, or go down trying if he even thought of touching her younger sisters. They were not strong like her and her two older sisters. Why had she done this, why had she been so stupid?"He won't touch them." she said to herself and not to him. She wouldn't let it come to that. She was just trying to defend her families honor. To not let a women get away with saying nasty and unneeded things about her family. Wouldn't anyone else do the same thing? If it was one of her other sisters like Runa, she was sure that she would have done something similar, or well she as trying to convince herself that. However maybe not, maybe she truly wasn't as smart as she had thought herself to be. Maybe she was just asking for a death. A fast quick one she hoped anyways.

The freaking out never really stopped as she looked to Haskell and asked if Halfdan was going to kill her. She knew it was a bold thing to ask, and that he wouldn't even know the answer for sure, but she still asked. Sofie needed to know what he thought. ‘No, I wouldn’t let him.’ Haskell told her as he reached out and touched her head before moving it down to her shoulder and started to lead her to the great hall. "Thank you, I'm so sorry. So so sorry." she said to him as tears started to stream down her face. She was doing her best to rub them away, but she is absolutely terrified of the Earl. ‘If you provoke him in any way Sofie, you gonna regret it.’ he told her as they got closer to her doom."I won't, I promise. I'll be good." she said to him as she tried to rub her eyes more and more. She wanted to be held and hugged. She wanted her sisters, and most of all she wanted to turn back time. Sofie finished rubbing her eyes just before they entered the doors of the great hall. This was it. Would she live? Or would she die?

Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Haskell

He felt for her, her panic, her fear, in a way it was justified, she needed to feel it in order to grow. But it hurt him to in a way. Knowing that his lessons to her weren’t enough for her to teach a thing out of it. They always say you needed to feel it before you learned it, Sofie was doing this right now. And Haskell his heart skipped on seeing that fear. But he was here on command of the earl and that was something he couldn’t ignore. For that he kept his face flat and his emotions under control. His eyes showed some concern when she said she didn’t wanted any of this. ‘You wouldn’t believe me, I think you gonna believe him.’ He just answered. He wanted her to feel, he wanted her to learn from this. How heavy his heart was under the predictions of this event, he tried to not care. Because she simple had to learn, she needed to know. And if she didn’t listen to her sister of him, then she needed to learn it from Halfdan himself.

People started watching as they walked. Not to him for escorting her, but to her and her tears out of fear. His warning that her sisters could get involved in this to fired back with a threat of her own and Haskell just nodded. ‘Say that to him and he will take it as a challenge.’ He said. He was giving her value information, what she could do and couldn’t do when she stood before Halfdan. But would she remember, would she remember under all this stress she is going through. He was a Radningar, for that he could protect her all concerns about her fighting skills, he had her back for that. But would he be able to protect her as she used the wrong words?

Haskell had his morals, his boundaries. He wouldn’t let anybody doing her harm if it wasn’t within what she deserved. He killed countless people but he would never harm the innocent, for that his heart was to big. For that he maybe was on the wrong place. Knowing his big heart was a very small one in Halfdan his chest. So for that he could comfort her, she wouldn’t get killed, not today, not by this mistake. She apologized, promised to behave but it all didn’t matter in the end, because it was just not him who laid out the judgement, it was Halfdan. He took a deep breath when they arrived at the great hall and stopped her at her shoulder. He cupped her face and wiped away her tears. ‘Be confident, be obeying, I’m there, all the way but I can do just as much as my limits let me.’ He smiled encouraging before he pushed her forward, his whole body just as angry and emotionless as before as he walked aside her into the great hall. All Halfdan his Vikings and worthy shield maidens were there and they were all looking at her. ‘You pick them very young Haskell.’ One joked. Haskell just pulled up a grin until one of the Vikings got pushed aside and Halfdan stepped forward. Haskell left Sofie his side to walk over to Halfdan as he stood by his side. But Halfdan didn’t had an interest for Haskell, he was looking to Sofie with such a dark look before he chuckled. ‘You must be Sofie.’ He pointed, his one finger away from his cup towards her. His eyes slowed over her body shacking his head. ‘The trickster of Skagen.’ He followed, bringing his cup up to drink. ‘You are almost more popular than I am. Isn’t it?’ He asked her, eagerly waiting for whatever answer she was planning on giving. He didn’t sat down on that throne, he hardly did, but he did walked over to her, studying her from all corners before standing still aside her, smacking his hand right on her shoulder. ‘Looks like we have to settle that score.’ He chuckled and everybody followed him in a little laughter …

©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Sofie wasn't sure how to make herself calm down. She wasn't sure if she would ever be able to calm down again. This was now what she had thought was going to happen to her at all. She just thought she was going to shut the other women up and things would be easier for her at the training grounds. That she could go the rest of her life without having to hear the Shield maiden say nasty things about her family. Now she had to go and talk to the earl, and most likely get killed or attacked by him in front of all of his men. Was that how her first and only time with a man was going to be? Had she waited for absolutely noting at all? So many horrible thoughts were going in out and out her head as she talked to Haskell and tired to find a way out of this. ‘You wouldn’t believe me, I think you gonna believe him.’ She heard Haskell say to her after she told him that this was not what she wanted. That only seemed to scare her more then before. She should have listened to her sister, and to Haskell too. If she had, this wouldn't be what was happening to her right now. She would just be off pulling a prank or something like that. Something that didn't involve going to her maybe death. "I should have listened." she said to herself and to him and she looked at him and his stern face.

Haskell talked about how that this was going to affected her sisters as well and she said that he wouldn't touch them. She had meant it, but she shouldn't have said it out loud to him the way she had. ‘Say that to him and he will take it as a challenge.’ Haskell told her, and if it came down to it, it would be a challenge. She would never let her sisters get hurt because of something she had done. No one was going to touch Tora, or Visna. She would go down dying if she had to, to protect them. However Sofie didn't think of that much at the moment. She thought more about the fact that she was going to her own maybe death at the moment. If he killed her on the spot, then there really wasn't going to be much that she would be able to do to protect her sisters anyways. She prayed and begged the Gods, that if she was to die, that Freyja would get the others away. That they would get somewhere safe before something happened to them. She also prayed they would forgive her for doing this to them. For putting them in this kind of situation. It was helping her not think about the fact that she had know idea what was going to happen to her, but it didn't stop the tears that were trying to come out of her face.

As they walked she could see eyes on her, people were looking at them and her tears and it just made everything so much worse to her. She hated showing emotions to people, to look weak like she was right now in front of the whole village at the moment. Sofie just prayed that someone would tell her sisters, that they would know what was going on and where she was going. She wished so much that she could at least tell them good bye before entering, but tried to remind herself that Haskell promised that he would not let her die. She was more grateful of him in that moment then he would ever be able to understand. That she would have him with her in this moment, and that she wasn't going to have to do this all alone. Just before they went inside she felt Haskell stop her. ‘Be confident, be obeying, I’m there, all the way but I can do just as much as my limits let me.’ he told her as he cupped her face and whipped her tears away. Sofie bit her lip hard and nodded her head before taking a deep breath to try and calm herself down. There was no getting away now, there was no running to do. This was it, as much as she didn't want to admit it.

They walked inside and she felt all eyes on her. She had never felt more uncomfortable in her life then she did in this moment. Some of the men were almost undressing her with there eyes as they looked at her. You pick them very young Haskell.’ she heard one man say before laughing in her direction. She saw the small smile on Haskell's face, and she wanted to throw up. Before she could think or do anything else she watched as a viking man that had been looking at her got pushed to the side. Halfdan was now stood in front of her. Haskell left her side and she felt her heart speed up a little bit in fear as she watched him walk over to Halfdan. Who hadn't taken his eyes off of her. He was looking at her with a look that made her want to run away already and he hadn't even spoken to her yet. It was like all time slowed down around her as she looked at him, watched his every move.‘You must be Sofie.’ Halfdan finally spoke to her, as he pointed a finger toward her from the cup in his hand. Slowly Sofie nodded her head yes at him. Far to scared to open her mouth. She watched as his eyes traveled her body so slowly that she felt naked in front of him while he shoot his head.

She had tired her best, but the way his eyes had been traveling down her body, she let out a shiver, making her look weak.‘The trickster of Skagen.’ She heard him say next before he took a drink from his cup.‘You are almost more popular than I am. Isn’t it?’ he said to her next and Sofie's eyes widened before she shook her head no at him. She was not anywhere near his fame, or his popularity. She didn't want it too, she just wanted to go home."No sir! You are far more popular then I." she said in a quite voice as her eyes never left him. Sofie watched as he walked over toward her, walking around her like a wolf or bear would watch its pray. Suddenly he was touching her arm, and the panic that she had been trying to fight away came back fully and her eyes widened even more as she looked at him in shock. ‘Looks like we have to settle that score.’ he told her, and all she heard was laughing all around her while his hand was on her. She wanted to run, she wanted to scream, to shout, to cry, but all she did was start to have a little shake. It started in her hands as she tried to stay calm. However all that filled her mind was the thought that he wasn't going to stop at touching her shoulder, and with the laughing the others wanted him to do something.Did they all want him to attack her too? Did that many people really not like her that much that they wanted her to be raped by the earl in front of them, or killed for that matter?

Plus Haskell let her side too, he was letting Halfdan touch her, after he promised he would protect her. The shaking traveled up her hands and slowly until her whole body had a nervous little shake happening. She hadn't taken her eyes off of him however, even though she wanted too, she wanted to be able to be ready for when he did something else. So it wouldn't be a surprise to her at the very least. Taking a deep breath she decided to speak, but she had made sure to think hard about her words before doing so. "How are we going to settle it?" she asked him as her breathing picked up and she went back to watching his every move again before adding. “And I didn’t mean to have a score to settle in the first place sir”She had done her best to sound respectful and brave whens she had spoken to him. Despite the way her body shook a little bit as she looked at him and waited to see what he did and said to her next.

Back to top Go down

Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Earl

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Halfdan The Black
Scars are for the living
His blonde hair fell before his dark eyes as he chuckled over a coin he took over from one of his warriors and studied the coin when one of his men whistled and nodded with his head to the door. Halfdan threw the coin back and grabbed his cup, turning around before pushing between his men to the middle of the great hall. His eyes went shortly to Haskell before he looked to the girl aside him. His eyebrows came shortly up, an amused smile around his lips … he had expected more then this. He thought of a elder girl, not much older but not this. Maybe brown hair instead of blonde, a little more power but she looked scared. And this beat his shield maiden? His men said something against Haskell and Halfdan chuckled, looking over the girl from top to down and back up while Haskell came to stand aside him. He couldn’t believe it, she looked way to fragile to be a fighter. But when he looked aside to Haskell he was pretty sure this was the girl, Sofie.

When he stated that she was almost as popular as he was his men laughed. Sofie on the other hand reacted in another way, shaking her head while her eyes widened. The corner of his mouth went slowly up on her words. And yet here she stood, a girl with a title for being a trickster, with a reputation to beat a shield maiden. He chuckled on her words, drinking his cup empty before giving it to the slave still standing there. ‘You disagree.’ He stated, his dark, almost black eyes looking her right in the eye before he pushed his body forward, looking at her, the side, the back, licking his lips before he laid his hand on her shoulder. He could almost feel her shiver under his body. He petted her shoulder, like she was a poor baby girl that needed some comfort. ‘I expected a little more then this,’ he started, standing aside her while he looked down on her. ‘but,’ he nodded, giving her a long look. An empty one, without emotions, without much more. ‘always room for change.’ He muttered, slowly walking back to Haskell who tried on keeping a neutral position. His eyes rested on Sofie and Halfdan looked shortly over his shoulder to Sofie, reminding himself that she was a Fru from Haskell.

Sofie asked him how to settle the score and the men started laughing along with him. He nodded to the slave and she ran over with a new cup of ale. Halfdan turned around and listened to what she had to say more. ‘Sir.’ He repeated, men laughing again, mocking Sofie were she stood. Haskell his look changes as he threw some of the warriors a warning glare. They wouldn’t like it either, if they would stand there before Halfdan. He changed a concerned look with Hendrik who stood among Halfdan his men, they both felt for Sofie, they were both familiar with the sisters. This was not much of a comfort. ‘How to settle that score, you beat one of my shield maidens, it would be only fair for me to beat you.’ He pointed to her, sitting down on the edge of that throne he so badly hated. ‘Halfdan.’ Haskell interrupted him. ‘I was joking Haskell.’ He chuckled, slapping his Radningar on the shoulder. ‘But tell me Sofie, how did you beat my shieldmaiden? I’m rather curious to what is hidden in that body of yours.’ His words lingered a little over his tongue as he spoke them. ‘Who learned you that?’ He followed, bringing his cup back up to drink. ‘I did.’ Haskell said in her defense, wanting to keep Freyja and her other sisters out of it. Halfdan slowly looked aside to Haskell before looking back to Sofie. ‘I asked her.’ He pointed towards her, squeezing his eyes a little closer. ‘You beat one of my shield maidens and for what? She run away with your lover?’ He mocked slowly, gritting his teeth a little together before leaning back on the arm rest of that throne, watching her. They were all watching her.
For Sofie  ©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Sofie was watching him for any sudden movements. From the moment he came out from behind the Viking man that made the inappropriate comment toward Haskell about her age. He was saying that she was almost more popular then him,and Sofie had shaken her head no at him in shock. She didn't want him to think she thought she was better than he was. Or anything along those lines at all. Sofie had no idea what she wanted him to think about her, and if she was honest she wished he never thought about her ever. The Rumors about him were terrifying, and being this close to him was even worse. ‘You disagree.’ Halfdan said toward her just as he shoved his cup into a poor persons face. Someone she knew had to be a Thrall, and she started to feel even more uncomfortable. However the fear picked up when he circled her like an animal, and touched her body the way he did. Halfdan patted her shoulder, in a mocking way and all she wanted was for him to stop touching her. ‘I expected a little more then this,’ he told her as he looked her down. A look that seemed to give nothing he was thinking away, and just made her little shaking worse. ‘but,’ he said next followed by ‘always room for change.’ to her as he removed himself from her personal space. Sofie wanted to look toward Haskell, for his comfort, but she knew better. She made sure her eyes followed Halfdan the entire time.

His words hurt her too, they hurt her pride.However maybe it was better he thought nothing of her. Then he won't want to attack her, or want her body for any reason at all. They talked about a score, and Sofie asked him how they would settle it, and made sure to tell him she never wanted a score to settle in the first place. She had called him Sir to be respectful, but he used mocked her. ‘Sir.’ he repeated her words, and everyone just laughed at her. Sofie was sure she had never felt this small, and this scared in her life. At least he was a little ways a way now. He hadn't raped her yet, so maybe Haskell really was protecting her, even if he did leave her alone and let him touch her. ‘How to settle that score, you beat one of my shield maidens, it would be only fair for me to beat you.’ Halfdan said, and Sofie couldn't stop the gasp that she sucked in. He was going to kill her after all? ‘Halfdan.’ She heard Haskell say, and for the first time since she saw Halfdan, she looked over to him in fear. ‘I was joking Haskell.’ Halfdan said and she snapped her eyes right back onto him as he hit Haskell on the shoulder. He was joking? Was this all some big game to them? To scare her and make her fear for her life for no reason other then there enjoyment alone? The idea made Sofie a little mad, but she wasn't going to say anything.

Halfdan started to speak again ‘But tell me Sofie, how did you beat my shieldmaiden? I’m rather curious to what is hidden in that body of yours.’ he said to her and she gulped down her fear and got ready to speak, but he beat her to it by saying ‘Who learned you that?’ to her. Again, she went to speak, but Haskell decide to speak for her. ‘I did.’ he said quickly and she realized the two of them could protect her sisters. ‘I asked her.’ Halfdan said in retuned before looking back toward her. ‘You beat one of my shield maidens and for what? She run away with your lover?’ he said last before he leaned back. everyone was looking at her, and almost everyone was laughing at her too. She was less scared she was going to be raped now, but still very scared he would kill her at any second. "I beat the shield maiden relatively easily." she said to him first, her voice was shaky as she looked at him."She is weak, and her moves are predictable." she said to him next. Trying to make her voice more even. "I like to watch people, learn the way they fight, and then use it again them...that is part of how I beat her as well...and I train almost everyday.." she told him slowly. Being as respectful as she could.

The more she talked the more calm she was starting to feel for some reason. "Haskell is in fact the person who taught me almost everything I know...I also like to teach myself." she said to him next. Making sure to answer him in the order of which he asked her. "I am only seventeen, and have never had a lover, besides she is ugly.So that isn't a worry of mine." she tells him next and her voice cracks before she adds "But I beat her ugly ass because she doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut. She was talking illy about my family, and had been for some time. I tried to handle it in other ways, however they didn't work. So I made her shut her bitch ass up." she said and then her eyes went wide when she realized what she said to him at the end. "I...I mean...I...Sorry" she said looking at him and then looking over to Haskell in fear and trying to portray she was sorry, that it slipped. She just got so mad when he said thing about the lover, like another women could ever take a man from her. Besides she had been scared and mad this whole time. It just slipped.

Back to top Go down

Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Earl

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 11:58 am

Halfdan The Black
Scars are for the living
The tension grew, Haskell could feel it from his side. He was so eager on keeping Sofie and her family safe that he interrupted Halfdan on the moment he proposed on beating her himself. Sofie wouldn’t stand a change against a skilled warrior as Halfdan, not even Haskell himself did. Halfdan didn’t fought with tactic, he fought for blood and dead, right for the kill and with brute force. You could be that strong, it wouldn’t hold him back. When Halfdan just stated he was joking Haskell breathed out, looking over to Sofie. He could do nothing, he couldn’t give her a reassuring look; he could only hope that him being here was enough for her to trust the fact that he wouldn’t let anybody harm her. She was so scared and Halfdan didn’t care, he was amused by it, just as his men war. And somewhere it made him angry, somewhere Haskell started to ask himself why he was this close to a man with this attitude.

Halfdan looked aside to Haskell as he so immediately jumped in to tell him he trained her. It was logic, he was the Radningar, but still he wanted to here it from Sofie, because only her words mattered. Depending on her truthful she would look while speaking up he would swing his judgement. But given that little shivering girl before him, there wasn’t much worth believing. How could that girl beat one of his shield maidens. But when she started to talk, when she said she beat that shield maiden rather easy his eyes squeezed a little together, making him look more dark and doubting in the matter. Halfdan lifted his head, looking aside to the Viking who saw it happen and told them about it to begin with. ‘It was an easy fight.’ He agreed with Sofie. Halfdan slowly looked back to Sofie. ‘Get me Freydis.’ He commanded, looking aside to Haskell who immediately knew the question before he even asked it. ‘She is one of your brother. I didn’t train her.’ He answered, shrugging in a slight amusement. Halfdan chuckled, looking down before looking back to Sofie, stepping forward towards her again. ‘You watch.’ He repeated her own words, standing still before her, grabbing his chin to force her to look up. ‘You always watch? Then tell me, what is your Radningar his weak point? Or doesn't has he one.’ He asked, releasing her to look over his shoulder to Haskell with an amused grin on his lips. ‘I have. Everybody has.’ Haskell shrugged, he knew his body quite good, he knew his left wrist was a little weaker, for which he often didn’t fought with a shield or second weapon in battle.

Halfdan walked back away, gazing over his warriors who were watching this all, listening to what Sofie had to say in her defense. ‘Seventeen.’ He repeated softly over his lips, looking over her body again until her words over how ugly Freydis was made him chuckle softly, his men laughed to. Some even agreeing with Sofie. ‘My brother only chooses ugly ones.’ Halfdan said in his own defense against his men. There weren’t much warriors of Harald still here, so he spoke it freely, even if they were here. Sofie kept talking about ugly, beating her ass, mouth shut, bitch ass and Halfdan threw her a warning look. ‘You always talk like this.’ He pointed out to her poorly chosen words. She apologized and Halfdan just shook his head. ‘Wrong words could get you killed little girl, speaking like that against a higher rank isn’t really nice.’ And he was only referring of the way she spoke about Freydis. But he let it with that, more intrigued by what she said further. ‘Big family?’ He asked, slowly looking aside him to Haskell, he only nodded, not wanting to but kind of forced. ‘What other ways you tried on shutting her up?’ He asked her, turning his body back around aside Haskell. ‘You pranked her?’ He asked rather amused, mocking her right and there on the spot. Haskell clenched his teeth, hoping that Sofie would use her head instead of her mouth first.
For Sofie  ©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 2:52 am

Sofie watched him as he looked around the room at his viking men. Making sure if she was telling the truth or not. She could see clearly all over his face that he didn't believe her at all, and part of that annoyed Sofie just a bit. However she was not stupid, and she wasn't going to say anything about the fact that she was annoyed he didn't thing she could fight that well. It had to be her age, she knew she was young, and that most people thought that she couldn't be a good fighter and a pranker. However one of the Viking men says that she won the fight easily, just as she told him she had. Sofie watched as his eyes slowly traveled back to her and she took a deep breath. she had done her best to watch him and follow his every move the entire time. Just waiting for him to strike and try to hurt her. ‘Get me Freydis.’ he says and Sofie wonders why he wants her. Does he want her to kick her ass again, because she would. She knew how to fight Freydis. She knew her weaknesses and soft spots. Sofie watches as Halfdan looks toward Haskell and Haskell says ‘She is one of your brother. I didn’t train her.’ to him. That made a lot of sense to her. That she was not one of Haskell's warriors, she was too weak and not trained well enough at all to be one of Haskells.

Halfdan laughs and then looks back toward herself before slowly walking back toward her. She took a deep breath as she watched him. Bracing herself for him to touch her or hurt her. ‘You watch.’ he said to her first, before he grabbed her face and made her look up and into his eyes better. Sofie hated every second of it. Of him touching her more then he had when he touched her shoulder. She wanted his hands off her and to take he longest bath in the world and Halfdan hadn't even touched her in a inappropriate way. She prayed to every god that he never did. ‘You always watch? Then tell me, what is your Radningar his weak point? Or doesn't has he one.’ Halfdan says to her next and she takes a deep breath as he lets go of her and looks back toward Haskell. Sofie takes a small step away from him while he is looking away. ‘I have. Everybody has.’ Haskell says and she nods. It was true, everyone had a weakness, they were not gods. Halfdan had one, and she knew his too. She was pretty sure she knew almost everyones weakness. At lest anyone she watched fight more then once."Yes...Everyone has a weakness...Haskell's is his left hand..." she says to him, answering the question she wasn't even sure she was suppose to answer in the first place.

Still feeling so scared, and now a little bit annoyed Sofie watched as he walked away from her. She says what she needs to and hears him repeat the words ‘Seventeen.’ softly as he looks over her body again. The way he just looks at her like its no big deal, but he could be trying to undress her with his mind bugs her to no end, and makes her want that bath even more. She says that the shield maiden is ugly and he laughs, and some of the viking men around her even were agreeing with her. ‘My brother only chooses ugly ones.’ he says in return. Sofie knows he is in a way defending the fact that she is a fighter of his, and does her best to keep her face neutral as she keeps talking. However then she puts her foot in her mouth and starts cussing and saying things that she shouldn't right to Halfdan's face. ‘You always talk like this.’ he asks her, while giving her a dark look. One that speaks the warning that is hidden behind his eyes. It gives her another chill that makes her body shiver."sometimes...when I really dislike the person.." she says to him slowly ‘Wrong words could get you killed little girl, speaking like that against a higher rank isn’t really nice.’ Halfdan tells her next and she just nods her head at him. That she understands what he is saying,and that she is no way ever going to talk that way in front of him again. "Yes Halfdan, I am sorry....I wont again." she says to him quietly.

His next words make the feeling of wanting to puke come back like a truck running into her. ‘Big family?’ he asks Haskell and Sofie wants to punch him when she sees him nod his head. She knows he has to tell him, but it was clear that Halfdan had not known before. That he had no idea she had sisters, or any other family. Now thanks to her, he knew and seemed to be thinking something about them. Or at least she was pretty sure, or he wouldn't have asked she was sure. ‘What other ways you tried on shutting her up?’ Sofie hears Halfdan ask her next and she knew where this was going. ‘You pranked her?’ he asked next in a mocking voice. He was trying to make her say something she shouldn't, the way he was mocking her. He had been mocking her the whole time like this, making her feel horrible, and scared, and gross. Sofie just wanted to leave, and was glad he hadn't hurt her yet. Maybe she would make it out of her alive if she was careful. "I told her to stop first...Then I demanded that she stopped...when that didn't work...yes I pranked her, a lot....so then when that didn't work, I decided to fight her...that worked...She said she would stop.. " she says to him slowly. Thinking every words over before saying them. Sofie looked away from Halfdan, and to Haskell, trying to portray how sorry she was. How much she wished she could be done and she could leave.  

Back to top Go down

Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Earl

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Halfdan The Black
Scars are for the living
He wasn’t taunting her … or scaring her … he was testing her. If she couldn’t handle this there was no way he considered her as somebody who had the potential to raise in ranks. If she would be shaking like this the rest of the conversation he would only push her more, humiliate her, oh the things he could do to such a young innocent girl like Sofie. But she wasn’t that innocent, her name wasn’t spoken because she was nothing, they spoke about her because she had the potential. Her reputation, he was hunting it down, tempted on seeing how deep he could dig before it would destroy her. That was what this was all about, Halfdan having his fun in trying to turn her inside down. In trying to get any tiny little detail of her in his grasp. When he looked aside Haskell wasn’t following his thoughts, but it was Haskell, always honorable and kind. Halfdan just didn’t had that, he had always a certain need on getting things his way. Just as he had a need for her.

Touching her satisfied a certain need, dark black eyes hungry as he asked her about the weakness of the one teaching her all of this. When she spoke he looked over to Haskell, chuckling softly. ‘Is that true?’ Halfdan asked, standing still aside Sofie as he looked to the Radningar. Haskell slowly nodded, looking down to his left hand. ‘I broke my wrist once, never felt the same.’ Haskell answered, giving Sofie a look of approval. Which Halfdan did to, he looked down to the girl and nodded. He bowed closer to her, his lips practical touching her ear. ‘What is yours?’ He asked curious before pulling back. His hand rubbed over his chest while walking back, touching his own weak spot in the process of it. Some were clearly disagreeing with the statement, talking among each other to find weak spots and Halfdan threw a short gaze over them and they fell silent in seconds. She was a good and observant, something that would be in need for when they went raiding, it was a quality he couldn’t let go by without given the proper attention.

But all of that kind of faded when she put up a big mouth and Halfdan slowly raised his eyebrows. Haskell tilted his head, throwing Henrik a short look before throwing Sofie one. It was that, right there, her big mouth that would get her in trouble in the first place. Halfdan loved a big mouth, he loved that temper of hers but she just used it in the wrong way. He words made him chuckle, a dry one without much meaning or emotions. For Halfdan everything rested on the ranks, he could say whatever he wanted because he was an earl, others needed to pay attention with what they say to him … simply because they stood lower. She apologized and he nodded. ‘Will see about that.’ He said, measuring her scary attitude. He would stalk her, she would feel like always being watched. ‘Everybody will pay attention to you,’ he said, slowly walking again. ‘the trickster.’ He chuckled, walking back around her like a predator. ‘I’m gonna look at you while training,’ he whispered, leveling his dark eyes with her. ‘I can rank you up.’ He offered, looking over his shoulder to his men. ‘Would you want that? To become more then this miserable scared little girl?’ He followed, looking down to her again. ‘To become one of us.’ He gestured to the warriors around him. She had it, the capacity but it would come with a price, she would be hooked to him, he would push her in levels she didn’t wanted to get pushed. But she would become one of the finest on the end.

‘Childish.’ He said on her saying she pranked Freydis. His eyes went over to one of his man, walking in with Freydis. ‘There she is.’ Halfdan smiled dark. Freydis walked until she stood aside Sofie and gave the girl a filthy look in the process before bowing for him. ‘I hear some stories about you Freydis.’ He started with a slow smirk, looking back to Sofie. ‘You think because King Harald isn’t here that you can do whatever you want with whoever you want?’ He followed. The woman said nothing and just lifted her chin. ‘Exactly.’ Halfdan nodded, stepping forward until he stood before the two of them. ‘How big is your family? Sisters? Borthers? Parents?’ He asked Sofie with a slight tilted head, his blond hair roaming over his skin as he slowly looked over to Freydis. Beaten by a girl, it was a joke really. ‘You think her beating you up was the end of it don’t you?’ Halfdan smiled neutral, but ooh he wanted to punish the shield maiden. But he waited for Sofie her answer and then that girl could prove herself in another way, one that would defy her capabilities as a real shield maiden, the future of Skagen.
For Sofie  ©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 3:03 am

Sofie was still unsure it telling him what Haskell's weakness was, was a good idea. However she made sure to watch them and it seemed like maybe it wasn't. ‘Is that true?’ Halfdan asked Haskell while he stood next to her. ‘I broke my wrist once, never felt the same.’ she heard Haskell say in return. Giving her a look of approval. That at least made her feel a little bit better, that she hadn't done the wrong thing in saying that. However that good feeling quickly left as Halfdan leaned down toward her and gave her a look of his own. He got even closer to her then, his lips almost touching her ear when he asks ‘What is yours?’ to her. Making Sofie want to puke and punch him at the same time. She makes sure to not shiver or shake at this new touch. Seeing as he seemed to want to keep touching her, at least he wasn't doing anything inappropriate too. Halfdan pulled away and rubbed his chest, the area that she knew was weak for him. The men around them started to debate, but she made sure to only have her eyes on him. He made them stop with nothing but a look. A power, if she wasn't so scared, she would respect. "One of my legs." she says to him in return to his question, but doesn't say which one of them. Maybe that was stupid, but she was nervous about him. He was a dangerous man, and she was nervous of telling him her weakness. Even more so right in front of all the other vikings and shield maidens.

Then the conversation changed and turned. Sofie promised she wouldn't say anything like she did again, and he simple says ‘Will see about that.’ while nodding toward her. She wished she could read minds, and that she could just for a moment, know what the man in front of her was thinking. Would it give her peace of mind? Most likely not, but at least she wouldn't have to be so scared about if and when he was going to attack her or hurt her. ‘Everybody will pay attention to you,’ he says to her next and Sofie takes a deep breath at his words. Already dreading what he was going to say next to her.the trickster.’ he says to her next. Laughing as he walks around her like a wolf, its something he seems to like to do. ‘I’m gonna look at you while training,’ Halfdan says to her next and that makes her shiver because he whispers it and leans into her space again. She hates the idea of it already, but at least that meant she was going to walk out of here alive right? ‘I can rank you up.’ he says to her next, and this gets Sofie's interest. She watches him look over at his men before he speaks again ‘Would you want that? To become more then this miserable scared little girl?’ he says and Sofie bites her tongue to keep from saying something stupid to him.

She was not a scared little girl all the time, just right now. Here in front of a man that was known to rape and kill women for his own gain and enjoyment. He looks back down toward her and speaks more ‘To become one of us.’ he says and in her mind she knows, even if she gets him to rank her up and keep her alive she would never be like him. He hurt people for fun, and she wanted to fight and raid to help her family. She was also against Thralls,and Halfdan had lots of them. It was just something she was never going to do. "I want that very much, that is why I became a Frú in the first place...To rank up and become stronger, to become better..." she says to him honestly. Another thing she answers, but isn't even sure if she is meant to answer in the first place. She doesn't want to say the wrong thing to him, but she also doesn't want to get in trouble for not answering when she is meant to answer. This was all so new and complicated to her, she had never had a real conversation with this man before, and she had planed before hand to never have to talk to him ever in her life, only serve under him.

He asked her how she tired to answer the women and she tells him she pranked her, and his words annoy her. ‘Childish.’ he says to her first and she wants to tell him its not, but she doesn't. Maybe it was to him, but to her she put a lot of time and effort into her pranks. It wasn't a child doing them, it was something everyone thought was just a silly little girl, but was in reality a person who knew far more about the ins and outs of the village then they new. Her watching and learning payed off big time when it came to knowing a lot of the secrets. However things changed quickly, the nasty ugly witch is brought into the room by one of the vikings. Sofie looks away from Halfdan to look at the Shield maiden, she sees the dirty look she give her and Sofie just returns the look right back at her. It was her and her stupid mouth that had them here in the first place. ‘There she is.’ he says to her as she walks over to them. ‘I hear some stories about you Freydis.’ Halfdan says to the ugly cow. ‘You think because King Harald isn’t here that you can do whatever you want with whoever you want?’ he says to her next and she watches as the girl just raises her chin at Halfdan. That action surprises Sofie, because she thinks its disrespectful. ‘Exactly.’ he said to her next.

Then his attention is back on her and he asks something he wished he wouldn't ask. ‘How big is your family? Sisters? Borthers? Parents?’ he says and Sofie tastes blood in her mouth for how hard she was biting the side of her mouth. Taking a deep breath she goes to answer him, but stops when he starts to talk to Freydis again. ‘You think her beating you up was the end of it don’t you?’ he says and that confuses Sofie. "I have four sisters. Two older and two younger." she says to him before taking a deep breath and going on. "My father died on a raid with your men when I was twelve. He was the old shipbuilder." she tells him next. A dark look crosses her face as she say that, but Sofie doesn't even notice. She was still bitter about his death, and would be for a while longer. "My mother is still alive, and will be getting remarried to one of your viking men, Johan." she says to him next, another dark look crosses over her face, but she is respectful. Then she is looking at him, waiting to see what he was going to do next. She even made sure to take a step, a very small one, away from the Shield maiden. Wanting nothing more then to beat the shit out of her again. If she would have just stopped a long time ago, this would have never happened.

Back to top Go down

Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Earl

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Halfdan The Black
Scars are for the living
For Halfdan fighting was all about the strength. He never payed attention to the weak points or the tactics, he was always there with the strength in his arms and the growl from out of his throat. In a raid you never had the change to go look for weaknesses, yet he saw it useful for Sofie to know those things. She had the eyes, eyes sharp enough to look. In a single combat or a challenge she had more change on winning, sadly a raid would break her on more place then one. He smiled because of those thoughts, looking over her slim weak body. But it wasn’t because she was like that now that she couldn’t become something else in the future. Halfdan didn’t invest much in his warriors, for that he had a Radningar, yet … he put an interest in her, the little trickster that beat one of his shield maidens just because she saw fit. How foolish the act was, she did it, she was clever and brave enough to do it and that from all things … had to mean something.

Her honesty on pointing out that one of her legs was weaker made him look down to her legs, nodding and smiling at the same time. She didn’t gave him more information that she needed to do so he looked over to Haskell. ‘Left.’ He answered and Halfdan looked back to Sofie. If she thought that she could out smart him, an earl, she was wrong. Beside, Haskell paid attention to. There was this urge in him to kick her down to her weak leg, just because he could. But instead of that he just said how much he would be watching her, how much he would enjoy doing it. He saw a shiver running down and that satisfied him. She should know how dangerous he was, if she didn’t knew already.

Many of his men argued the fact he was giving her a rank up, a girl from her age becoming a better warrior then all of them were. He let them talk among each other, he just held his eyes on Sofie, ignoring the rest around him. It was with the young fruitful ones you had to do it, Halfdan knew that if he trained her to her limits she would become one of Skagen his best warriors. When she spoke he gave Haskell a short look, nodding in approval. ‘Good.’ He said, pointing over her before he pointed to himself. ‘And are you for that loyal? Can I count on you for serving me?’ He asked further. Not being loyal was a punishment at his hand. With Harald not hear he needed to count on his warriors to obey every order he gave them. ‘If I would propose that you rank up to become the next warrior of Skagen, in which you will do everything I say, in which you follow Haskell everywhere around, would you take the offer, or do I really,’ he chuckled. ‘need to prove myself.’ And those words came out so dangerously low, a thread that made the great hall silence. ‘Can she do it?’ Halfdan asked Haskell. Haskell lifted his chin a little, looking to Sofie in thoughts. ‘Yes, if you want me to make her the next best warrior, I will. She can do it.’ Haskell said, looking back to Sofie in encouragement. There was no safer place for her to be then at his side. ‘You would gain a lot, but you would be also required to make sacrifices.’ Halfdan said, offcourse … the poor girl didn’t had a clue over witch sacrifices she had to make.

He hardly looked to Freydis while he asked about her family, something that seemed to make her anxious in a way. Halfdan folded his arms together for his chest, looking to her as she answered. ‘Four?’ He repeated, looking over his warriors. ‘Four women.’ He chuckled. ‘Should I know any of them?’ He asked, trick question, he was curious to what she would answer. When she told about her father Halfdan nodded. ‘I remember him, great warrior, I can see from where you have the potential.’ He said with a mischievous grin. Halfdan noticed the little step she took after her words, away from Freydis, his shield maiden just gave her a filthy glare. ‘If somebody talks dirty about my brother I tend to,’ he pulled out his axe, pointing it to Freydis. ‘kill. Tell me Sofie, what do you think is a good punishment for her talking dirty about four of your sisters.’ He asked, swinging his axe down until it hang aside him, eyes intrigued on to the little girl, challenging her on speaking out a punishment fit for Freydis.
For Sofie  ©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Sofie is a little bit a annoyed when she sees Halfdan look from her and to Haskell to tell him what leg of hers was weak, and even more annoyed when Haskell knows the one, and points it out. ‘Left.’ he says and she bites the inside of her mouth. Sofie should have guessed that Haskell would also know hers if she knew his. He was a great viking, and she knew that more then she let on. She knew who the best fighters were, and she knew who the worst were. The ones that were going to die in their first raid because they were stupid, and didn't think things through enough. Haskell had to know the same things she was sure. He was the one training everyone, everyday. If he didn't he wouldn't be a good fit for his rank, and she knew that he was. He could easily rank up and become more respected, more powerful. He would make a great Earl if Halfdan was to die or something else. She saw the dirty looks she was getting from some of the other people around her, and the look that Halfdan gave her himself. Sofie in no way trusted him completely, and knew that he could hurt her at any second.

She listened to the way the people around her were talking as well, after he asked her if she wanted to rank up. Most of them were talking about her age, and her pranks. That she needed to grow up first, and that she was too young to rank up yet. She thought they were stupid. Age had nothing to do with it, it was more about skill and strength. ‘Good.’ she heard him say after her words on the matter. Halfdan pointed first to her, and then to himself before going on. ‘And are you for that loyal? Can I count on you for serving me?’ He asks her and Sofie just nods her head. She would be, and could be very loyal, however if he went around hurting her, she wouldn't be very loyal to him. That would be stupid for her.‘If I would propose that you rank up to become the next warrior of Skagen, in which you will do everything I say, in which you follow Haskell everywhere around, would you take the offer, or do I really,’ he says to her and the way he pauses at the end worries her. ‘need to prove myself.’ he says,and his voice hold the danger that she knows is there. The danger that she is still in. She shakes her head no at him, that he doesn't need to prove himself at all. His words had made the whole hall quite. Sofie watches as he looks toward Haskell ‘Can she do it?’ Halfdan asks him and Sofie feels better on his words ‘Yes, if you want me to make her the next best warrior, I will. She can do it.’ he says.

The look he gives her afterwards is enough for her to give her answer. ‘You would gain a lot, but you would be also required to make sacrifices.’ Halfdan says next before she can speak. Taking a deep breath she speaks "Yes, I am willing and able to do those things. I would server you to the best of my ability and I would be loyal to you. You have no need to prove yourself, for I know of your stories." she says to him as calmly as she can. She had looked at his face the whole time, so he could see that she as not lying to him. Besides, she had very little choice if this was what he really wanted. If it was to server him and be loyal or die, she knew what she would pick each and every time. Plus, Haskell, the way he looked at her made her want to say yes even more. It made her feel less scared, and less like she was going to be attacked. Which was nice, seeing as she had felt like it was coming at any second.

Things changed quickly, and the bitch of a shield maiden was brought in and made to stand next to her. Halfdan asked about her family and she told him very little, but enough to try to protect them. ‘Four?’ she hears him say and the looking over at his men. ‘Four women.’ he said next, and Sofie didn't like the way he said it one bit. ‘Should I know any of them?’ He asked next and Sofie was quick to answer, maybe to quick."Two of them don't fight..One is a boat builder, and my other sister is a Thegn.." she says to him and then bites her cheek again. She shouldn't have said shit about them at all. Then they were talking about her dad. ‘I remember him, great warrior, I can see from where you have the potential.’ Halfdan's words have her smiling before she even knows it. She hopes she is a as great as he was someday. It made her feel good to hear someone say that, even if it was someone as scary as Halfdan. Sofie watched as his attention went back to the bitch next to her. ‘If somebody talks dirty about my brother I tend to,’ Halfdan says first before pulling out his axe and pointing at the other women before adding ‘kill. Tell me Sofie, what do you think is a good punishment for her talking dirty about four of your sisters.’ he says next and Sofie takes a deep breath.

Sofie knew that how she answered this was going to show a lot about her character as a person. She didn't want her to die per say, but she did want her to stop. "There are two things I can think of." she says looking at him for a moment before going on."You cut out her tongue so she can't say those things again, or you rank her down, to a Frú again." she says to him making sure to look confident and not scared. If he cut out her tongue that would be horrible, but at least the women would still be alive right? Maybe being dead would be better, but Sofie didn't want to be the reason someone died, even if she didn't like the women at all. She as still a person and she still had a family.

Back to top Go down

Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Halfdan Pääkkönsson
Earl

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Halfdan The Black
Scars are for the living
There was no hesitation in her nod when he asked her if she would be loyal. He almost … almost felt an admiring for her strength un all that fear. It was something, she didn’t cracked under the pressure yet. And Halfdan was pushing her on all surfaces, touching her, threatening her and she didn’t started crying, she just shivered, not even a flinch. There were not much girls of seventeen standing here like she did, among all those eyes who were prying her, watching her. Al lot of these warrior were training with their brothers or fathers on the age that Sofie had, a lot of them didn’t had this kind of a opportunity. Sofie maybe thought she was doing a good thing here but this decision would hunt her down on some point. But she didn’t thought of this, was it fear that made her nod? Or just confident?

Haskell stood a little behind Halfdan when Sofie started speaking. He knew what would happen if she turned it down, she would be the dog walking around and doing his bidding, on the other hand her agreeing on those terms was equally as dangerous. But at least she would be with Haskell and not all the time around Halfdan. Just as Freyja was one of his promising fighters Sofie was one to and for that he tucked the corner of his lips up as she spoke, agreeing on what Halfdan said. It was her best option, he would do the same in her shoes. But Haskell would be stern, she didn’t listened the last time he warned her, she probably would do now. She should leave certain things behind because he would be more pushing on her then anybody else, because Halfdan would be watching. No tricking, no insults, no beating shield maidens down. It would be damn hard for her but worth it in the end. Maybe one day Haskell could step away from his rank as Radningar and give it to her, if the gods decided that. Halfdan was in a great mood and Haskell didn’t knew if he had to take that good or bad. ‘Good.’ Halfdan reacted, looking aside to Haskell. ‘She is all yours Haskell.’ He announced, turning back to Sofie. ‘I’m not generous with a lot of things, screw this up and,’ he felt silent, cracking his neck like he prepared for something. ‘you will regret it.’ He promised her. There were a lot of things he could be doing to her and if she just looked long enough in those black eyes she would she all the possible threats dancing around because there was one thing Halfdan loved to do more then just standing here talking and it was doing something with his hands, killing, enslaving, touching.

When he asked after her family her answer came rather quick, to quick. ‘A thegn and a boatbuilder?’ He repeated her in thoughts. With this kind of information he could place a lot of pressure on her shoulders. Sofie couldn’t back down out of this, he would get his hands on something else. ‘Is my boatbuilder hiding between her wood because she is afraid or just shy?’ Halfdan asked, turning his attention right to Haskell. Boatbuilders were crucial to Skagen, partly the one who joined on raids to. He knew his boatbuilders to be men, not a woman. ‘She is busy, mostly.’ ‘You know her?’ Halfdan asked surprised. ‘She was a former fighter once, learning, before her father died and took his place.’ Haskell answered more in detail, knowing that kind of details would shut Halfdan up rather then Sofie her short answers. Halfdan had his arms crossed, patting his fingers against his lips looking to the little smile on Sofie her lips as he praised her fathers fighting skills. But then his eyes traveled to Freydis and he forgot the whole thing right away.

Asking Sofie what to do with Freydis made Freydis look dirty. Halfdan squeezed his eyes closer on the look, swinging his axe softly fort and back while he watched between the two of them. When Sofie started talking Halfdan raised his eyebrows, laughing on her suggestions. Haskell gave Sofie a warning look from behind as Halfdan started walking. Halfdan lifted his axe and pushed it against Sofie her chest. ‘Good choose.’ He said amused, joking before lowering it and looking over to Freydis. ‘I expect all my men, this whole village for that matter, to be obedience to me,’ Halfdan started, like he was telling a story before bed time. ‘to make my point.’ He lifted his axe, pushing it under Freydis her chin, leaving a small cute before he turned the axe and with one swift movements harshly slit her throat. Blood jumped out of her artery as she fell on her knees and Halfdan pushed her over with his foot. ‘A little more respect maybe, if we can’t live together as fighters, what do you think will happen in a shield wall.’ He announced for everybody, lifting his blooded axe before Sofie her face. ‘That could have been you.’ He said to her, neutral. ‘Don’t disappointed me.’ He warned her, handing his axe to one of the slaves. ‘Go.’ He waved to Sofie. He had made his point, for everybody, he just did what he liked to do whenever he wanted to do it. Freydis stepped on his toes by not being respectful enough to him, Sofie had the luck to be better today, but would she be better tomorrow to?
For Sofie  ©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Sofie prayed to the gods that agreeing to this was the right choice in the matter. That this was what her father would have wanted her to do. To become a great warrior and be loyal to the Earl he died working with. Besides, she had been terrified of what would have happened if she told him no. He would have killed her, raped her, hurt her, so many thing. Sofie would rather be worked and trained until her breaking point then have any of those things happen to her. He had already touched her way to much for her liking, and the idea of him touching her more made her want to puke. ‘Good.’ had been his first word to her after her dedication to him, and the was glad it seemed her picked the right thing. ‘She is all yours Haskell.’ he said to Haskell before looking at her once more. ‘I’m not generous with a lot of things, screw this up and,’ he said to her first and she just nodded her head as he went on ‘you will regret it.’ he said next and she just kept nodding. She was not going to do anything at all to make him upset, that would be stupid. She had lived this long, and just agreed to him. Why would she do anything to make him regret his offer to her.

The conversation turned to her family, her sisters. She opened her mouth and already says to much. She wants to punch herself for giving him such information. She should have just said no, there was nothing, but the fear of him finding out she was lying was strong as well. He could have punished her more. ‘A thegn and a boatbuilder?’ he said to her next and he looked to be in thought. Sofie didn't want him to think of her sisters at all. ‘Is my boatbuilder hiding between her wood because she is afraid or just shy?’ he asked ands he bit her mouth again to keep from saying something stupid. That her sister was very strong and had no need to hide from him at all. ‘She is busy, mostly.’ Haskell said in her defense and Sofie is glad he does ‘You know her?’ Halfdan asks next and Sofie is less glad. ‘She was a former fighter once, learning, before her father died and took his place.’ Haskell says next and she's mad he says it, but understands he has to do so. It shuts Halfdan up however and he looks to be thinking even more. Something that upsets her further. She was not dedicated to him and couldn't say anything, but Sofie wanted him far,far away from her family.

When he asked her what should happen to the shield maiden she saw the look that Freydis gave her afterwards. Did the dumb bitch want to die? At least if one of those things happened she would still be alive in the end and not dead on the ground. Sofie watches Halfdan carefully as he moves his Axe around in his hands before he starts to laugh at her words. Sofie however felt her life flash before her eyes as she saw the warning look from Haskell just seconds before the axe was pointed at her chest. This was it, he was going to kill her and she had said the wrong thing. ‘Good choose.’ he says to her and she just looks at him doing her damn best to keep her face as clam as she can as she watches him lower it and remove it from her space. ‘I expect all my men, this whole village for that matter, to be obedience to me,’ he says next to everyone in the room. ‘to make my point.’ he says next and Sofie watches what happens next in shocked silence. He lifted Freydis's head up with the axe and cut her neck with a small cut, Sofie had hoped that would be it. However it wasn't it at all. Not even close to being it. He moved so quickly and sliced Freydis's neck open.

Sofie held her body in place and kept the screaming in her mind as blood splatters all over her face and side. She watched as he pushed her body down onto its knees and then pushed her over like she was nothing at all. ‘A little more respect maybe, if we can’t live together as fighters, what do you think will happen in a shield wall.’ Sofie heard him say, and she raises her eyes from the dead women on the ground and back up to him. That death was her fault partly. If she wouldn't have challenged her she would still be alive, and Sofie wouldn't be here in this position. Before she knows it, the now blood covered axe is now being pointed at her face, and she doesn't even know how to react anymore. ‘That could have been you.’ he says to her and she just tries to swallow in her dry mouth. ‘Don’t disappointed me.’ he says next and Sofie nods her head at him."I wont, I promise." Sofie says with as much confidence as she can. She wont be doing that, not at all will she do anything to be killed like the women who was now dead on the ground next to her. ‘Go.’ Halfdan said to her just as he passed the bloody axe to a slave.

She didn't have to be told twice to go, she looked toward Haskell for a few moments before looking toward Halfdan and giving him a bow in respect. Then she turned around and walked as fast ad she could toward the door and to get outside. Sofie prayed that Haskell would be following after her, she needed someone, something to keep from losing it, to keep from passing out, screaming, crying, puking, pretty much everything. Plus she needed answers, she needed to know what was going to come of things now. He hopefully would tell her everything she needed to know after she was done having her mental breakdown. She had been so careful to not freak out and show any emotion when he killed Freydis, but her mind was racing right now. She couldn't calm down at all in her mind. Someone was dead, and it was partly her fault. She had the blood of Freydis all over her, and it was partly her fault. She didn't kill her, but her actions and Freydis's actions were why Freydis was bleeding on the ground and dead.

Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Haskell

Haskell was used to the ruthlessness in which Halfdan acted, how his men laughed, how he had to act under all of this. But Sofie, he didn’t knew where she got this patience on staying so much in control while Halfdan broke her apart, touched her, threatened her. On Haskell his face there was nothing to see, no emotions, no compassion. He answered the questions or the looks Halfdan threw him. Haskell was trained for all of this, it did nothing to him and still he rather pulled Sofie away from here into safety, because he was so good hearted. When he started talking about her family Haskell looked a little aside to Halfdan, giving just enough information. He could she that Sofie didn’t liked it, he didn’t like it either but it was Halfdan. As Haskell refused to answer then there would certainly be a target on that families back. So he just give enough to shift Halfdan his mind and that went straight to Freydis.

As soon as Halfdan pulled that axe Haskell felt his body tense, he threw a fast look to Henrik between the others. A lot of Vikings in that great hall had the tendency to lay there hands on their swords, like if somebody was planning on protest they would jump in between. Haskell looked how that axe contacted with Sofie her chest before he did something that even Haskell didn’t saw coming, he killed Freydis. Haskell his eyes jerked from her bleeding body to Sofie who stood there, not even flinching except for blinking her eyes. Haskell knew that is was all an act, it couldn’t be that this did nothing to Sofie.

As soon as Halfdan said she could go she walked out and Haskell walked to Halfdan who turned around to him. ‘She is your thegn now.’ He announced. Haskell bowed shortly and walked over the body. For people like him, who are used to fighting, blood and death bodies this was nothing really. He walked outside and grabbed Sofie at her shoulder, looking down to her before he pushed her gentle beside him forward. ‘Come on.’ He said, looking down to her blooded clothes, the spatters on her face. If Freyja now walked by she would loose it … and she had the right to. He looked over his shoulder to the great hall that fade away on the background before he stopped Sofie and looked down to her. ‘You can let it go.’ He said, shaking his head as he leveled his eyes with her. ‘You did amazing Sofie, there is no weakness in admitting you were scared, there is no shame in crying.’ He squeezed her shoulder, looking her in her eyes. ‘I’m sorry for what happened.’ And then he wasn’t referring to the whole conversation but more to what happened with Freydis. Nobody saw that coming … only said enough about how unpredictable Halfdan was.

©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 9:39 pm

The second she was outside and away from Halfdan her breathing picked up so intensely. She felt like she was going to have a hear attack when she felt Haskell grabbed her by her shoulder and spoke to her. ‘Come on.’ he said as he pushed her forward and started walking her away. There were people all over still, so she knew she had to stay as clam as she could. She was covered in blood, and her surely looked like hell as she tried to compose herself after everything that had just happened to her over the last hour or so. As soon as they were a safe distance away from the great hall she felt him stop them from walking. Haskell was looking down at her and talking again. ‘You can let it go.’ he says first and Sofie shakes her head no at him. She didn't want to cry, but it was coming. Then he was getting on her level and talking more ‘You did amazing Sofie, there is no weakness in admitting you were scared, there is no shame in crying.’ Haskell said to her next and that was enough for her to lose it. She just started sobbing the second he squeezed her shoulder and said ‘I’m sorry for what happened.’ to her. That was all it took for her to lose it all, to let her walls come falling down and hard. Sofie reached forward and grabbed onto him and smashed her face into his chest. She started crying harder and harder as everything that had just happened really hit her. At all her fears and for the thing she just witnessed.

She had just watched someone die right before her eyes and there was nothing she could do about it If she moved or showed any emotion she could have been next. It was her fault, or at least partly her fault that Freydis was dead too. She did not swing the axe, but her actions were part of the reason that this happened. If she never would have lost control and fought her, they wouldn't have had to see Halfdan.Her family wouldn't be on his radar."I was so scared Haskell. I thought he was going to kill me! There were so many times I thought I was going to die...He pointed his axe at me twice.." she says to him first. Looking up at him with frightened and puffy eyes, tears pouring down her face. "He kept touching me, pushing me, and I almost cracked Haskell...you were standing off to the side and letting it happen I thought... he would rape me at one point...and you would..." she cut herself off with another sob at what she thought was going to happen. She thought Haskell wasn't going to help her at first, but he had. He had done his best and she knew that. "I'm sorry...I know you couldn't do much, but I was so scared you would let him the way you just left me there. I understand after watching you had to do it...you were doing what you had to do...I didn't mean to doubt you..." she said trying to explain. She didn't want him to be offended by her.

Sofie knew she might not make sense at all right now, but she was just so overwhelmed and freaked out. Her thoughts were everywhere. "She is dead, Freydis is dead, and its partly my fault too!" she said to him next as she rubbed at her face. Just making the blood and tears mix together in a way, and smear all over her face."I'm sorry I didn't listen, I'll always listen I promise. Just don't let him touch me again." says to him next as she rubs at her eyes more. "I'll be a good girl, I wont prank anymore, I'll do what you say I promise." she tells him next before looking around to see if people were looking at her. Thats when she sees someone she didn't know would be this close to her. She sees Freyja and her tears just grow so much stronger. "FREYJA!" she screams as she moves away from Haskell and runs at her sister as fast as she can.

Grabbing onto her as hard as she can. She knew Freyja had to be in a panic. To see her in this way. Covered in blood, and sobbing uncontrollable. Did she already know what was going on? Did Tora go and get her? Because if Sofie remembered she had been home at the time right? Everything before this was a blur in comparison. All she could think of and feel was his hands on her and the blood. The way Freydis just fell over, and bled out on the ground. How Halfdan had just kicked her over like she was nothing."OH Gods Freyja, I'm sorry I'm so sorry." she says to her first in between tears. "I thought I was going to die, that he was going to rape me." she said next in between historical crying. "Freydis is dead, he killed her, it could have been me but he killed her...this is her blood...its my fault." she says next shaking and sobbing. She didn't even care people were looking at her anymore. She just needed her sister.

Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 136
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 pm

After sending Tóra to gather the rest of their family and head to Johan’s house until she came to get them, Freyja was quickly making her way towards the great hall. She didn’t really have a plan in mind. What was she supposed to do? Storm the great hall all by herself and yell at the earl? She couldn’t imagine that going over well. But she could certainly be waiting outside for her sister, grab her and head right home. Or send Sofie home and linger a bit and find out from Haskell what the hell was going on. Or… she really didn’t know.

It had been a long time since she’d felt this helpless. Her father’s death had changed her in a number of ways, but she’d been able to rise to the occasion. She was used to being the one with the answers, the one who fixed everyone’s problems, but this… she didn’t know how to fix this. She still didn’t even know what was wrong.

However, before she ever arrived at the great hall, Freyja spotted Sofie and Haskell and immediately headed in their direction. Sofie was splattered with blood along her face and side, and her eyes were a red and puffy like she’d been crying, and Freyja’s fear was immediately replaced with shock and then anger. She shot a quick glare in Haskell’s direction at the state her sister was in. But as soon as Sofie spotted her, the  seventeen year old shouted her name and started running towards her and Freyja realized she’d started crying again, and would’ve shot Haskell another glare if she wasn’t too busy catching her sister in a fierce hug. “Are you okay? What happened? Tóra told me you had to see Halfdan?

Sofie was talking so quickly, Freyja looked at Haskell and silently raised an eyebrow. While no, she didn’t think any of this was his fault, and sure, she assumed Sofie had done something to at least warrant the earl’s attention, she didn’t understand how a seventeen year old frú could get called before the earl and come out a shaking, crying, blood-soaked mess, and no one else seemed as furious about it as she did. Sofie was apologizing and rapidly explaining what had happened and then she was informed, by her seventeen year old sister, that she thought their earl was going to rape and kill her, and she was glaring at Haskell again. Because she needed to glare at someone.

He killed her? How is this your fault? I’m still confused. Why did you need to see Halfdan in the first place?” She had so many questions but mostly she just wanted Sofie to go home and get cleaned up and not be out here where Halfdan or anyone else could just walk right up to them unannounced.

Everyone else is at Johan’s, why don’t you meet them there?” While she was fully aware of Sofie’s immense dislike of the man their mother was marrying, she didn’t actually consider that her sister wouldn’t go directly there. She hugged her again tightly, before turning to face Haskell. She was no longer glaring at her friend, because again, she was fully aware that none of this was his fault, but the sick feeling in her stomach had returned now that she wasn’t fueled entirely by rage. “What happened?
Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 1:37 pm

Haskell

He knew on a certain point Halfdan would want to prove something, show his dominance and rank, but killing Freydis … no, he didn’t saw that one coming. Haskell wasn’t there when Gunnvor her parents got killed, it was in the same bloody way, you never forgot things like that. Sadly enough this wouldn’t be the first and certainly not the last time. If you served under Halfdan you had to knew there would be a bloodbath once in a while. Sofie should know that, maybe not now but … there would be a time would get used to it, how terrible the sight was. Sofie held everything in, even while they walked away from the great hall she kept her shacking thoughts for herself. Even when he said she could let it all go she shook her head, determent on not caving. It was when he said how sorry he was that he saw her break, she reached over to him, smacking her head against his chest and she just cried.

Haskell looked over to the people watching, wrapping one arm around her shoulders as he just let her be. Seventeen years old and already to the mercy of Halfdan, what else would come for her? What else would Halfdan expect? He was glad he was the one responsible, at least she was save as long as he was around. Yet her words pushed a knife through his heart. She really thought that from him … that he would let her get raped, murdered? He thought back on those moment, Halfdan touching her, threatening her and he had just stood there, overflown by guilt, self-hate he didn’t say a thing. She said so much and he just looked down on her, his green eyes drown back from his emotions as she excused herself for her previous words. ‘It’s nothing.’ He just said, giving her an encouraging smile. But it was something … she didn’t trust him, she thought he would let that all happen, she thought he was no better then Halfdan and that was exactly what bothered him so much, that she thought he was like Halfdan, how many people would think that? As soon as she started talking about Freydis he pulled her back, cupping her face. ‘It isn’t your fault Sofie, it’s nobody’s. It could be you, or me for all that mattered. You can’t take this blame on yourself.’ He insisted. It was hard to do such a thing … but she would learn. He killed a men once … on a raid, only to see his sick wife and one year old daughter in the bed. Haskell never forgot that, carrying that guilt around all the time. Sofie rushed out all kind of promises and Haskell only nodded. He couldn’t make her promises, not when it came to Halfdan. But as soon as he wanted to talk Sofie pulled back, screaming her sisters name and Haskell looked away.

With the certain guilt still on his shoulders he carried the looks Freyja gave him as soon as he walked over to the both of them. Sofie, tied into Freyja’s arms started talking again and Haskell only looked at the both of them without interfering. People started noticing the blood on her dress and face but for none of the three it mattered. After the last judging look of Freyja there came finally a question, what happened … ‘Sofie beat up Freydis over the talk she is throwing around over all of you. It came to Halfdan his attention and he wanted to see her,’ he felt silent and took a breath. ‘Halfdan and Sofie have an arrangement now, but he killed Freydis.’ He didn’t know what to say to not make it any worse then it already was. He wanted to talk to Freyja, alone, explain her the details but Sofie was still to upset.

©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Sofie felt bad about telling him what she had thought, but she was just so upset that everything just kind of came falling out of her mouth all at once. She was just trying to get a grip on everything that had happened and try to understand it all. However her emotions were in a state that she just couldn't control. She had wanted to wait until she was in the safety of her own home, but Haskell, his word and actions had her cracking in seconds. How does she repay him for his kindness, for helping her? She tells him she thought he would stand there and let her get attacked. After he told her he would be his best to protect her. She watched him and Halfdan interact, and she slowly understood that he did what he could do and nothing more. For his own life could the been on the line as well. He was close to Halfdan that much is clear from what she witnessed from the two of them today. ‘It’s nothing.’ had been his words to her after she said she was sorry for thinking that about him. Sofie watched everyone, and everything, so she knew by his eyes alone that it was not nothing. That her words and that she had even thought it for a moment, was not nothing to him at all.

Then they were talking about Freydis and how much she felt like that was her fault. She had caused the fight,she was the reason the two of them both had to se Halfdan. Sure Freydis's words were why she fought her in the first place, but they were just words now. Just petty insults and because of it she was dead. She wouldn't go home to her family. Before she knew what was happening Haskell pulled her back and was cupping her face in both of his hands, making her look at him in his eyes. ‘It isn’t your fault Sofie, it’s nobody’s. It could be you, or me for all that mattered. You can’t take this blame on yourself.’ he told her and she just looked at him. It could have been her on the ground dead and bleeding out, or it could have been him. Those were scary thoughts, but they were true as well."okay...I'll try" she says to him simply. Because she isn't quite sure she believes it, but she wants him to know that she understands and she was listening. She sees that he was going to talk more, but she sees Freyja and losses her mind and runs to her as fast as she can.

The second she is in her sisters arms she hears her talk “Are you okay? What happened? Tóra told me you had to see Halfdan?” Freyja said and Sofie tired her best to explain everything to her, but she was upset all over again. Her words had been so confusing to her sister she was sure, but she had done her very best to try. “He killed her? How is this your fault? I’m still confused. Why did you need to see Halfdan in the first place?” she said next, but before she could even speak her sister was talking again. “Everyone else is at Johan’s, why don’t you meet them there?” Freyja says and Sofie pulls away from her and looks at her like she has two heads. She almost just died, and watched a women be killed before her eyes and she thought she wanted to go spend time with a man she wouldn't mind going on a raid and never coming back. Was Freyja insane, or was she so keen on talking to Haskell that she was sending her away. Freyja hugged her again, but then turned toward Haskell. However Sofie made no move to leave. “What happened?” she heard her sister ask Haskell, she just noticed he must have walked over here from the spot she had left him.

She watched as Haskell composed himself and then spoke. ‘Sofie beat up Freydis over the talk she is throwing around over all of you. It came to Halfdan his attention and he wanted to see her,’ he felt silent and took a breath. ‘Halfdan and Sofie have an arrangement now, but he killed Freydis.’ he said it all so calmly. Like the arrangement that now had him stuck with her was not a big deal at all. Sofie took a few deep breaths to calm herself before she decided to let them know she didn't just leave like her sister had hoped."I'm not going to that mans house...Its the last place I want to be...I'll figure something else out. I need to find a hole to crawl into and just fucking process what happened to me, and what I saw...I will find you later Haskell...I have questions.." she says to him before turning and walking away in a fast pace before she took off running as fast as she could. Sofie ran and ran until she ended up on the beach.

Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 6:07 pm

It was hard to really hear what anyone had to say to you when your little sister was crying and covered in blood in your arms, but Freyja was trying her best. Haskell sort of explained the situation and the blonde immediately sighed when she heard Sofie had beat up that stupid bitch. Freyja had kind of told her to do it, but she’d also told her to do it in a way she couldn’t get in trouble for. Clearly, her sister had dismissed that part of her advice. But the more Haskell told her, the more upset Freyja became. Before she had a chance to ask Haskell the very long list of questions she had for him, Sofie was ignoring her request to head to Johan’s and Freyja had to roll her eyes at her stubborn sister.

Sofie left, claiming she wouldn’t be going to Johan’s and instead needed somewhere to go to process what had happened, which Freyja understood, but still would’ve preferred she went somewhere Freyja knew she’d be safer. But Sofie was having a hard enough day and Freyja wasn’t going to add to it by arguing or lecturing her right now. Hopefully wherever she went, she’d stay out of trouble.

With her sister gone, Freyja took a step closer to Haskell. “What you said before, ‘Halfdan and Sofie have an arrangement now’, what the hell does that mean? What kind of arrangement?” She honestly couldn’t begin to imagine what kind of arrangement Halfdan could’ve come up with with Sofie and once again she felt like she was going to be sick. “He didn’t hurt her?” She was fairly certain the only real trauma her sister had suffered had been emotional, but she needed to know for sure.

Thank you, for being there for her. I know there’s not always too much you can do, but when Tóra told me you were with her, it helped keep me from panicking too much.” Not that she’d stopped panicking all together, but she’d been able to keep her shit together at least. “So what happens now?
Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Haskell

As soon as Freyja came in sight Sofie turned all her attention to her sister. Haskell looked at the both of them, ignored every look Freyja was giving him. He just looked between in the two of them, his head running over all possibilities and problems that could manifest themselves from now on. It wasn’t only Sofie who would suffer under this, it was Haskell to, not that he didn’t mind. It was his job to train the next generation on fighters. It was only the way that it happened that wasn’t all to his approval. But if this was what it took to keep Sofie a little more safe then he wouldn’t complain about it. Beside that … Sofie was a future shield maiden, she had the capacity to grow strong, the intelligence to see through. She only needed to grow and learn, for which he was here.

His eyes traveled back from the people who passed by, looking at her blooded clothes, to the sisters again. Sofie said that she didn’t wanted to go to that man his place and Haskell understood it in a way, Sofie wanted to be alone, no person around to try comfort her, or help her process. When she looked to him, saying that she would find him with some questions he nodded. ‘I’m always around.’ He just said, looking how Sofie held her nerves while walking away. He looked to her fast stepping body, knowing she would run, she would cry, maybe yell. In the corner of his eyes Freyja took a step closer and he turned his head away from the direction Sofie walked into, to Freyja. Her questions came fast, insisting and Haskell shortly looked into the street where they stood before signing. ‘He ranked her up, she is a thegn now, under my supervision.’ He explained, shaking his head slowly. ‘I need to train her, she needs to be with me at all times. It was that or never be a fighter again.’ He finished. His eyes studied her concerned face as she asked if he hurt her. ‘No.’ He answered right away, shaking his head. ‘He,’ he felt silent, looking away for a second. ‘he touched her but didn’t hurt her in any way. You know I wouldn’t let him do that.’ He said. Did he needed to be hurt that she didn’t trust him enough to know that he wouldn’t let anything happen to Sofie … no, he understood.

When she finally said thank you he looked back at her and pulled the corners of his lips slightly up. ‘You know I will be always there to protect you and your sisters. I couldn’t do much but I would if he crossed a line, in that you can trust me.’ He repeated himself, like he did a lot, reassuring her that he would keep the people of Skagen safe if it wasn’t justified. Halfdan could have punched Sofie … maybe she had it coming but Haskell wouldn’t let it go to far. With her question he started walking, planning on bringing her home. ‘I need to leave for Kattegat soon, Sofie is coming with me. I can’t leave her here alone. Other then that she may become one of the finest female warriors Skagen will have.’ He said with a promising voice. Not because he was training her but because she had the privilege to be around the finest men of Skagen, even if that included Halfdan himself. ‘You should keep an eye out.’ Haskell said, looking aside to Freyja. Not a warning and yet … it was.

©️
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 am

With Sofie out of the picture for the moment, Freyja was able to take a deep breath and gather her thoughts. She didn’t like the idea that someone could just torment her sister and get away with it. Even if Sofie’s actions weren’t exactly appropriate, Halfdan’s reaction certainly wasn’t what any reasonable person could call ‘appropriate’. But, for now, that wasn’t something she needed to worry about.

Listening carefully as Haskell explained what all of this meant for Sofie, Freyja’s eyes widened when he said Sofie was a thegn now. So the man had taunted and terrified her, but then had turned around and ranked her up and handed her over to Haskell to train? Or, as her friend continued to explain, she’d be forced to stop fighting all together? It was all a lot for her to take in, but Freyja nodded anyway. At least none of this was terrible news? The earl could have decided he wanted to train Sofie himself, in which case Freyja would have been far more concerned about the situation than she was now.

That’s not… that bad? She’ll probably learn a lot more that way?” And have less time to get up to more mischief. But she kept that thought to herself because it wasn’t, or shouldn’t have been, Haskell’s responsibility to keep her sisters out of trouble.

Freyja’s eyes narrowed when Haskell told her Halfdan had touched Sofie. The way he’d phrased it implied it was a more intimate touch than if he’d hit her or something, Freyja decided, which she didn’t like one bit. Especially after hearing Sofie tell her she’d been worried he’d rape her. But both Haskell and Sofie had confirmed that he hadn’t actually hurt her, mostly just made her incredibly scared and uncomfortable, and while that didn’t sit well with the shipbuilder, she knew it could’ve been so much worse. “I do know that, and I do trust you,” she answered immediately, fully aware of who exactly Haskell was as a person. “It’s just hard not to worry,” she told him with a bit of a shrug. She was confident he’d understand where she was coming from.

He started walking and Freyja turned with him, keeping pace. Though she nearly stopped when he mentioned Sofie had to go to Kattegat with him. After everything that had just happened, the idea of letting Sofie out of her sight didn’t immediately sit well. “Hakon told me he was going with you and Henrik. Is um, is that it? Just the three of you and Sofie?” What she was really asking was whether or not Halfdan was joining them. Because if he wasn’t, then she was most definitely on board with Sofie tagging along. He wasn’t asking her permission, he was telling her. But still, she would be far less reluctant if that were the case, so she nodded in agreement.

When he said she could become one of Skagen’s finest female warriors, Freyja grinned at him, hoping to lighten the mood for a moment. “Well, she always did take after me.” However, that didn’t last too long, because his next words were ominous and Freyja slanted a resigned look in his direction. “What does that mean?” she wanted to know. She was worried that she knew exactly what that meant but didn’t want to be too quick to jump to conclusions and stress herself out all over again. But there was only one thing she could think of that he would be warning her about right now, and she didn’t like it one bit.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell Empty

Back to top Go down
conquering the enemy-Halfdan & Haskell
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next