PROFIELMessages : 219
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 6:41 am

AXES

Rhona Odinsdóttir made her way through the streets of Kattegat, on her way to the blacksmith's shop. It was early morning, and the sun was just starting to rise. It was her favorite time of day; one never knew what could happen, the day ahead was full of possibilities. She walked up to the shop and looked around, not seeing the blacksmith anywhere in sight. She had ordered a new pair of beard axes from him, and couldn't wait to see what he came up with. He was relatively new in Kattegat, but his work spoke for itself. The town had never had such a skilled blacksmith before, and she was excited to get to training with her new weapons. She looked around and saw that his forge fire was not lit yet; usually a strange sign, but she had come to learn that he liked to gather the wood for the fire himself. Rhona debated heading to the training ground with her old axes, but the intrigue of new weapons held her there. So Rhona sat on a stump and waited, excited to see what today would bring.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 165
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : Black Eagle
Place of birth : Uddevalla

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 9:14 am

Am I not magnificent?
After his encounter with Björn Ironside, he had used the firewood available in the village, as instructed. Out of habit, he woke up before sunrise and half asleep he started to walk to the forest again. Only halfway he realised what he was doing. He got this far now. Nobody would be mad if he went to pick a few twigs, right? It was hard to stop doing things you were so used to. Svart didn’t wander far into the forest this time. He didn’t stay long either. He knew one of Kattegat’s shield maidens would come to the shop to collect her order, so he had to be back in time.

With some branches stuffed in a bag, he got back to the village. The sun was already rising, but he figured he still had some time left. When he finally arrived at the building, he learned he was in fact too late. The redheaded warrior was there already. ”Morning”, He greeted her with a little smile. ”Ready for action, aren’t you?” He chuckled. Svart opened the door and got inside, dropping the bag next to the forge. ”Let me grab your axes”, He said, walking to the part of the shop that was way more tidy than where he was usually working.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 3:23 pm

AXES

Rhona, still sitting on her stump, held one of her old axes. She ran her hands lovingly down the blade, still feeling its sharp edge, honed by her hands every night. They had served her well in battle, and she knew it would take quite a bit of practice to get used to the new axes. Her senses picked up the shuffle of footsteps headed in her direction; no doubt the blacksmith had returned. Rhona looked up to see that he was indeed out gathering his own firewood. "Morning" he said cheerily. " Ready for action, arent you? " followed by a chuckle. Rhona knew that the blacksmith was not the malicious type, or she would have assumed his laugh was at her expense. "I have to be, else I wouldn't BE much longer, smith." she said with a grin; she followed slowly as Svart walked back to a relatively tidy section of his shop, and her hands fairly tingled with anticipation. She bounced on her toes, trying to peek over the smith's shoulder, eager to catch a glimpse of her new weapons.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Am I not magnificent?
Hopefully he hadn’t kept her waiting for too long, since it would make him feel bad. He was always very concerned about the perception his customers had. It was important to meet their needs, or else they wouldn’t return when they had another job. There were more smiths in Kattegat, maybe more experienced and certainly more trusted than a newcomer from a far away village. In fact, Rhona was his first customer, so he had to make a good impression. She would either recommend his work or discourage her friends to turn to him with their needs.

So he felt quite nervous when he noticed her excitement. He didn’t want to disappoint her, since that would also disappoint himself. He took out the fabric package, he always wrapped up the new equipment to protect them against anything that could damage it, and laid it out on the table. He removed the fabric and exposed the brand new axes. It was pure Uddevalla craftsmanship. ”Ta-dah”, He laughed softly, stepping back so she could take a better look. Curiously he kept an eye on her, to observe her reaction.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 6:01 pm

AXES

Rhona leaned over Svart's shoulder, anxiously trying to catch a peek at his work. Damn. He had covered them in cloth. He turned around and she backed away immediately, following him to a small table, where he set the weapons down and uncovered them. "Ta-dah" he said softly. Rhona could tell he was nervous, but as she looked down, she could not understand why. Her new axes were of the finest craftsmanship she had ever seen. She ran her hands over the axeheads, marvelling at the feel of them. He had worked small designs in to the metal itself, the head flaring down in to a hooked section that she knew would pull her enemies or their shields where she wanted them to go. She picked them both up and wandered outside of the shop, signaling Svart with a flick of her head to follow. As soon as she stepped outside, she hefted the axes in her hands. They were lighter than what she was used to, and about two inches longer. She twirled them around, noticing that they were perfectly balanced, and turning on her feet and spotting a target, she swung one at an imaginary foe, and threw the second at a post a few feet away. It lodged itself in the post, and Rhona turned to the smith, with a giant grin on her face. "These are by far the best axes I have ever handled, Svart. I cannot wait to blood them! I will be recommending your services to my shield brothers and sisters, you can be sure of that." She retrieved her thrown axe, and slipped them both in her belt. Walking up to Svart, she grabbed the bag of coins for payment, and held it out to him. She would definitely be making another order. "Think you can make me a knife or two?"

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Am I not magnificent?
Even though he barely knew anyone around here, and most people avoided talking to him unless it was required, it felt like Rhona didn’t judge him at all. It felt like he was just a normal blacksmith, not an outsider. He felt a bit nervous and curious at the same time while he was preparing himself to reveal her new carefully crafted weapons. Her reaction was a relief. The look on her face was priceless, and he couldn’t be happier. Every piece he made was unique, strong and effective but also refined. The designs were different every time, although he had made sure it was obvious that these two pieces were a set.

When Rhona motioned him to follow her, he went outside and leaned against the door post. She handled the weapons with precision and it was obvious how skilled she was. A result of years and years of intense training. "These are by far the best axes I have ever handled, Svart. I cannot wait to blood them! I will be recommending your services to my shield brothers and sisters, you can be sure of that." She complimented him after testing the weapons for a bit. ”I’m so glad you like them, they’re in good hands, I can tell”, He smiled, acknowledging her skills with as much respect as she did.

The bag of coins was not too heavy and not too light. He was always fair in his prices. He opened the bag and took about half of the coins. He put them away in his own pouch and handed her the other half. ”You can pay me the rest when they prove themselves in battle”, He said, friendly but confident. He didn’t want her to refuse his offer. "Think you can make me a knife or two?" She then asked. He nodded affirmatively. ”I sure can, you have any special requirements?” He replied, happy with this new assignment.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 8:19 pm

AXES

"I'm so glad you like them, they're in good hands, I can tell", Svart said. Rhona proceeded to hand him the small bag of coins, and watched as he took half, and returned the other half to her. "You can pay me the rest when they prove themselves in battle." he offered. Rhona was shocked for a moment, usually dealing with people who ignore her once they get their money, not concerned with interaction. This town could use more shop owners and craftsmen like him. She asked if he could make her a knife or two and he nodded yes. "I sure can, you have any special requirements?"

Rhona thought on that question for a minute, and then said, "Just that they be small enough to hide in my boots, but with a lip on them so that they don't slip out of my hands when I'm covered in blood. Aside from that, I have no requests. You know where to find me when they're completed, right?" She waited for his answer patiently, knowing he was relatively new in Kattegat and might not know where the training grounds were. " If the sun is up, I am usually at the training grounds," Rhona joked with a smile.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Am I not magnificent?
His offer surprised her, maybe even shocked her. It wasn’t a usual thing to do, but this town would learn he wasn’t a usual man either. His travels had changed him. He had learned so much, and in a way he wanted to give back to other people. Some would find it weird, others would call it crazy. But he knew deep down it was the right thing to do. And following his feelings always turned out to be a good thing. So he was glad she didn’t protest or refuse his offer. It was as if he got paid back immediately, with another job. It made him happy he could get to work again, with a purpose.

He mentally made a note about her wishes, he could picture the blades already and he was confident he would remember everything she just explained. He was experienced in battle as well, so he could see where her requests came from. ”You know where to find me when they're completed, right?" She said, and he had to admit he didn't. "I'm not that familiar with the layout of the village yet", He replied while he plucked his beard. "If the sun is up, I am usually at the training grounds," She then said. Svart looked at the sun and then back at her. ”Well then what are you doing here?” He joked back. He pushed himself away from the door. ”Would you mind if I joined you?” He continued hopefully. He was curious about these training grounds, and he hoped to catch a glimpse of how a training went.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 9:13 pm

AXES

"Well then what are you doing here? ", Svart joked. Rhona lifted a brow at the blacksmith, and said, "Welcoming the new blacksmith by placing another order", and immediately broke in to a smile. She may have found a friend, if he could handle her attitude with the understanding that it was not malicious. Then Svart surprised her once again by asking to join her in her training. "All free men are welcome at the training grounds, " she said. She looked up at the rising sun and noted that their transaction had taken only half an hour, and then asked, "Are there any weapons of your own that you wish to train with? There are all manner of weapons and shields at the grounds, if you wish to try something new." she stretched her arms and shoulders as she waited for his reply.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Am I not magnificent?
"Welcoming the new blacksmith by placing another order", The shield maiden replied to his joke. It amused him. Her tongue was as sharp as her axe, and he kinda liked that about her. Someone who could appreciate jokes was great company, but someone who could make killer comebacks was even better. He put his hands up in defence. ”You got me there”, He admitted with a smile. It didn’t take away his eagerness to join her in training. "All free men are welcome at the training grounds," She told him. ”Great, sign me up then”, He agreed. It wouldn’t be much of a problem, right? He was just.. Training. With someone who wasn’t being a bitch around him just because he was not born here.

"Are there any weapons of your own that you wish to train with? There are all manner of weapons and shields at the grounds, if you wish to try something new." She asked. His hand automatically grabbed the hilt of his own axe. ”No, I think I’m good for now”, He smiled. He stepped outside and closed the door. He was looking forward to this, more than he would admit out loud. ”Lead the way.”

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 10:26 pm

AXES

Rhona watched as Svart placed his hand on the axe in his belt. "No I think I'm good for now", he answered with a smile. "Lead the way." Rhona needed no further encouragement, as she was ready to test her axes. She turned to her left and began walking past shops, toward the grounds, knowing from his tall frame that he could keep up with her. But she was curious about the blacksmith. Most of the men she had met that practiced smithing had to be dragged from their forges; and not one of them produced the kind of work she saw in Svart's shop. As soon as the question formed in her mind, she asked it, "Where did you learn your trade, Svart? It is of exceptional quality. And how are our residents treating you? They can be... Unwelcoming to new faces." The fact that she had given him no time to respond between questions did not bother her; she had no time for the slow-witted or shy. If they were to be friends, she had to see if he could keep up with her.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 11:36 pm

Am I not magnificent?
While they were walking, he tried to memorise the buildings they were passing and the turns the redhead took. Although he could spend all day and night smithing things, he sometimes liked to do other stuff too. He wasn’t as skilled in fighting as he was in forging, but he could at least protect himself when necessary. Smithing wouldn’t save his life. Well, his weapons would, since he knew how excellent they were forged. But someone had to actually use them in order for them to do any damage. That’s why a little practise wouldn’t hurt. If anything would happen, he had to be prepared. He didn’t feel 100% safe yet. A discouraging feeling. ”Where did you learn your trade, Svart? It is of exceptional quality. And how are our residents treating you? They can be... Unwelcoming to new faces." She said while walking, which made him turn his attention to her instead.

”I was an apprentice to Vidar Ingvarsson, in Uddevalla. Although I also learned a lot from my father, who was a blacksmith as well”, He answered her. This time he would be more cautious of sharing the information of how he got away from Uddevalla. ”And yes, they are. But I’m used to it, it will just take some time”, He smiled with confidence and a spark of hope. ”Most people have the same attitude towards strangers, but I learned that honesty can take you far”, He continued. ”How long have you been a shield maiden?” He asked, figuring he could return a question after answering hers truthfully.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 12:46 am

AXES

Rhona was surprised to find that she was glad the smith could keep up with her style of communication, answering her queries and firing his own in the same breath. Rhona took and breath and said, "You learned from King Vidar in Uddevalla? That must have been rough after what happened to his wife. I was given to understand that he does not truly care for his people, and does not let people leave his kingdom lightly. Were you banished, or did you run?" She paused and when no answer was forthcoming immediately, she decided to let him keep his secrets, and spoke to fill the silence. "I started with the shield-maidens as a young child, after my mother died."
"At first I was too young to participate, so I stayed near the edges of the field, working on being able to hold and swing the axes, and when I was fifteen, I felt ready and started sparring." She held her tongue then, allowing Svart to process the information, and watched him look around, noticing that he seemed to be memorizing the twists and turns they took. Smart man. He would make a good friend, if he was truly who he said he was.

They kept walking together, Rhona looking ahead as the field she loved came in to view. She could hear the sounds of training, and it energized her, knowing that every minute she practiced her deadly art, she became that much harder to kill. It would be necessary with as popular as Kattegat was becoming as a trading hub. She glanced at Svart, giving him a minute more to continue the conversation before she would set her mind to fighting.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Am I not magnificent?
Dropping the king’s name always caused strong reactions. Outside the walls of Uddevalla, Vidar Ingvarsson equaled a heartless, cold and bitter man. Rhona had her own opinions as well. By now he was not sure if he should defend the king or not. That’s why he didn’t reply right away. To break the silence, she answered his question, and he listened carefully. ”I’m sorry about your mother”, He replied with a soft smile. It was kind of normal to lose one of your parents, certainly when one of them was a warrior. ”I learned to fight on my travels. I’m a better blacksmith than I am a fighter, so please go easy on me”, He chuckled. He was curious about her skills, that was for sure, but he didn’t want to look like a fool on the training field either.

Now she had shared a story about her childhood, he felt like returning the favour. ”My old mentor’s reputation is a tough one, but when I was his apprentice, he wasn’t even king yet”, He started his little story. ”He was a completely different person. Patient and kind, also very passionate about smithing. It is true he changed for the worse when his wife passed, but he suffered tremendously”, He continued, shrugging his shoulders a bit. Sometimes he didn’t know how to feel about it. Uddevalla was something that was in his past. Right now, he considered himself a resident of Kattegat, so there was no need to dwell on it. He picked himself together and looked around with renewed energy. ”Let’s get started, shall we?”

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 4:13 pm

AXES

"...So please go easy on me." Rhona heard from Svart. She grinned, perhaps a bit darkly, at him. "Steel is molded from a hot fire, yes?" she retorted. She could tell he had strength, and was eager to test it, and herself. He then went on to tell her of his younger years, and how he could understand his old King's position, and feelings of pain. It was a sad story to be sure, but Rhona didn't dwell on it for long. She was used to closing off the more useless emotions she felt, like pity or sadness. Those could be a deadly weakness for a warrior.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Rhona needed no further invitation. She ducked under the fence and removed her axes from her belt. Still marvelling at how different they felt compared to her old ones, she twisted them in her hands, then swung them, in turn, stretching her arm muscles and working her joints. She readjusted her grip, and lowered herself down in to her fighting stance, legs spaced apart, right leg and arm advanced slightly further than her left. She raised one of her brows and flashed a grin at Svart, joy suffusing her entire body. She loved fighting in any form, and thrived in it. She gave him a nod, saying, "Let's see what you've got, friend."

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Am I not magnificent?
There was no doubt she would kick his ass. He had seen how she handled her new axes. But he didn’t want to back out. He proposed this himself, and he was actually excited about brushing up his fighting skills. "Steel is moulded from a hot fire, yes?" She replied, causing him to laugh amused. ”As a master blacksmith I can safely confirm that”, He chuckled. Now it was time for action. She ducked under the fence and he followed her movement. Both of them grabbed their weapons, testing the weight and warming up their muscles. His axe was remarkably heavier. It was a double headed battle axe, with a slightly longer range than hers. He was much bigger than her, but he knew that could be a disadvantage as well.

The man was smart enough to not underestimate her. When he was nearly done stretching his muscles, he noticed her getting in position and sending him a subtle provocation. "Let's see what you've got, friend." She then said, causing a smile on his lips. He figured the best way to start this was just an up front attack. No sneaky business. He renewed his grip on the hilt of his axe, grabbing it with both hands now. He then leaped forward, using his speed to unleash a powerful blow, aiming for her left shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 6:15 pm

AXES

Rhona readied herself for the fight. She figured his attacks would be powerful, and she knew he was smart. She locked eyes with him, and saw them flick to her left. He leaped forward, and she shifted to her right, using her left axe to deflect his double headed weapon, twisting to follow his movements and tapped the side face of her right axe on his shoulder. She followed her twist to its completion, moving a half step forward, even closer to the man, and watched as his axe came back by his left side, closer to her. She employed the beard portion of her right axe to hook the head of his weapon, and yanked. She met with resistance so she added her left hand axe to the motion, and wrenched her arms back, pivoting on her right foot to add the strength of her muscled legs.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 7:12 pm

Am I not magnificent?
Ofcourse he wouldn’t just win by using strength. He had to be smart as well. His first attack was not a really smart one, but now he could test how her reflexes were and how she defended herself. In a real battle, he would already be wounded, but it was just his shoulder. Nothing critical. Her next move was more dangerous. She was trying to unarm him, something that could never happen in combat. Losing your weapon was the beginning of the end. And dying without your axe or sword or spear meant you would not feast with the Gods in Valhalla.

So Svart moved his left hand a bit further up the hilt, stepping closer to Rhona. He used his bodyweight to pull the axe towards her. The end of the grip was reinforced with a pommel. He aimed towards her stomach and tried to hit a soft spot. In the meantime he placed his foot behind hers, hoping she would trip and lose her balance.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 7:26 pm

AXES

Rhona felt his change in motion, as he turned while sliding his hand higher up the hilt of his weapon, giving him more control over it. She realized she would not be able to disarm him at this point, so she threw her hands forward to unhook her axes from his. She needn't have bothered as he began to shove the covered end of his axe towards her weaker midsection. He had great reflexes and a quick mind for battle, which did not surprise her, as he had found a way to leave his home, and survived the journey here. Rhona had no time to move far enough away from his axe handle, so she contracted her stomach muscles and tried to turn herself so the handle would not make straight on contact. She made to step backwards, away from Svart, but felt his foot behind her. She acted on reflex, and spun her leg around, pushing her shin against the inside of his right leg while dropping to a knee in front of him. This gave her a split second to catch her breath while he recovered from the force of his own hit. She would have a very large bruise on her midsection later. Rhona jumped up and danced away, laughing though it pained her sore stomach muscles. "You fight very well, for a blacksmith," she teased, flashing him another smile.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Am I not magnificent?
This time he got lucky. His strength had prevented her from disarming him. Being a blacksmith had it’s benefits. He didn’t practise his fighting skills, but he was building and maintaining muscles. Smashing a hammer on an anvil all day was a pretty intense work-out. And it paid off. Combined with a bit of quick thinking, he managed to make her trip. Maybe it was her experience, but she recovered very quickly, while even bringing him out of balance in the process. As soon as he stood firm again, he took a few steps away from her, while she jumped up as well.

Even though he had hit her pretty hard, she managed to look like it didn’t bother her at all. "You fight very well, for a blacksmith," She said teasingly, which made him laugh. ”Never underestimate a blacksmith”, He joked back. He decided to attack her again, but with a whole new tactic. Suddenly his movements were much more calculated, he was not just stomping around and swinging his axe in the hope he would hit something. It looked more like a dance now. He pretended like he would attack her shoulder again, but switched his grip on the axe at the last moment, while lowering his arm, so the axe now aimed for her upper leg.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:01 pm

AXES

Rhona's smile got bigger as Svart laughed at her comment, and she heard him say, "Never underestimate a blacksmith" and she replied, "and I don't mean to do so again!" They moved forward together, gripped in the dance of battle now, when she saw him coming for her left shoulder again. Something in her knew that he wouldn't try that tactic again. She waited to move until the last second, when she saw him shift slightly, bending his knees and lowering his own shoulder to go for her leg. She leaped to her right while swinging her left axe downwards, blocking his attack. She followed through her movements, leaning on to her left leg and in to him, bringing her elbow to the sensitive point under his armpit. This caused him to fold over slightly, so Rhona bent her knees and jammed her head forward, attempting to butt his chin with her forehead.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 10:55 pm

Am I not magnificent?
Round 2 would be more intense. He had a feeling she had hold back a bit as well, trying to discover his weak spots. Now they kind of knew each others battle style. That’s why he decided to change his up for a bit. This way of fighting wasn’t really common, not for men his size. He had learned it from a group of female travellers who were exceptionally small. He had felt like a giant when he had walked among them. He hadn’t reached their level of finesse, yet. And he wasn’t as fast as them. But he would maybe surprise Rhona. Maybe.

But she was ready for whatever he threw at her. She blocked his attack with ease, and right after she hit a weak spot right under his armpit, causing him to bend over. Out of pure instinct he bend his head to the side when he saw her next move. Maybe not his best choice. Now she hit the side of his throat. He found himself having trouble breathing, but he didn’t want to give up yet. Now she was so close to him, his weapon was useless, so he pushed her away with his shoulder and picked up his axe again. He closed the distance by jumping, slashing his axe down while he was still in the air.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 11:12 pm

AXES

Rhona was enjoying herself much more than usual. It was rare that she got to show off outside of battle, and she was having fun with Svart. He wasn't going easy on her, and each blow was a lesson for both of them. She aimed for his head with hers, and he instinctually dodged it. She ended up hitting the side of his windpipe, and she knew he was having trouble breathing, but he didn't quit. She was officially impressed with his fighting. People that could not think past pain did not belong in battle, and it seemed to her that Svart was one of those people that was good at most of the things he tried to do. He jabbed his shoulder in to the middle of her chest, knocking her back a few steps; she felt as he bruised two or three of her ribs. He bent to pick up his axe and sprung almost three feet in the air, slashing down with his axe. If Rhona had been less skilled, she would have been seriously worried, just because of how strong Svart was. She threw up both of her axes in an X, and caught his weapon in between them. The sheer force of his swing caused her to go down on one knee, and she stared at Svart. They were both sweating from practicing, and Rhona threw another grin at him. Breathing heavily, she asked, "I'm impressed with you, smithy. Are you as ready for some water as I am?"

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 11:50 pm

Am I not magnificent?
There was one thing he concluded out of this training. He was glad Rhona would be fighting on his side, if he ever got the permission to go raid with Björn’s men. He had heard of how most warriors got in some kind of trance, a rage which made them fight even harder. Eager to spill the blood of their enemies, while feeling less pain themselves. It would make her even deadlier than she already was. Her reflexes were outstanding. Instead of stepping aside, she caught his axe with hers. The impact forced her to her knees, and their eyes met when she looked up. They were both panting, but she grinned at him anyways. "I'm impressed with you, smithy. Are you as ready for some water as I am?" She asked.

Svart returned her grin, pulled away his axe and reached out to help her get up. ”It seems like your new axes will be able to keep up with you in battle”, He remarked. They were not damaged by the training session. They would need sharpening though, but that would be her job from now on. By what he had seen of her old battle axes, she would maintain them well. The smith rearranged some of the iron beads and feathers that decorated his hair while following Rhona away from the training field.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 12:44 am

AXES

Rhona held her breath while waiting for Svart to respond. He finally pulled his axe away from hers, and held out a rough, scarred hand to help her up. She transferred her right axe to her left hand, and accepted his help. His hands were warm and sweaty, just like hers, and she pulled herself up.
"It seems like your new axes will be able to keep up with you in battle," she heard him say. Rhona glanced down and ran her fingers along the edges of her axes. They would need to be sharpened after each use, just like most weapons, but they showed no marks or chips. She placed them in her belt and said, "They definitely will. If only because I'd hate to see them in a Saxon's hands, if I perished." Rhona looked up at Svart, watching him fool with the beads and feathers in his hair, and asked, "Do those things in your hair have special meaning, or are they there to make you look pretty?" She was genuinely curious, since he was not from Kattegat, wondering if it was a sign of something, like the bracelets boys got when they became men. She waited for his answer to her nosy question as he followed her back towards the center of town.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

My Order (Svart) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Order (Svart) My Order (Svart) Empty

Back to top Go down
My Order (Svart)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next