Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

PROFIELMessages : 24
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

the sound of silence [Henrik] Empty
PostSubject: the sound of silence [Henrik] the sound of silence [Henrik] EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Tóra is sort of freaking out. She knows Freyja meant the best, only meant to keep her safe by doing this. And she knows she wouldn't need to do this if it weren't for Sofie and her complete inability to keep quiet. But still, she agreed to this, and of course Tóra could never be angry at her sisters. They're not perfect but they've protected her for her entire life, and if she can make that task a little bit easier on them, she will. As the wife of a Viking, she'll be safe. Halfdan might do something to Sofie the Trickster's youngest sister, but he won't do anything to the wife of one of his own warriors. Tóra wants her sisters to be able to focus on their own lives. Freyja has only just begun a relationship with her longtime friend Hakon, and Tóra wants her sister to enjoy that without worrying about her. She wants Freyja to be able to spend time with her man without worrying that her sisters might need her. And she wants Sofie to be able to focus on whatever is happening between her and Aleinn. None of her sisters should have to worry about her anymore.

She's glad that she was allowed to pick the spot for her wedding, because she's always loved the cliffs. Her sisters helped her get ready--in the beautiful light blue dress Visna made for her, and Freyja had pinned a brooch Hakon crafted at her shoulder. Sofie had helped her braid a crown of flowers into her hair, and Tóra had done her best to sit still and not complain too much as her sisters combed the tangles out of her hair and pinned it up in an elaborate braid. She'd escaped their well-meaning clutches as fast as she could, and was surprised when they'd let her go out alone. They probably trusted to the fact that she wouldn't run away then. Nervous as she was, she'd only briefly considered that option before dismissing it as impractical. Where would she go, anyway?

And so she heads out to the cliffs, where she's to be married. She sits down and dangles her feet over the edge, just enjoying the feel of the wind on her face, and hoping it isn't messing up her hair too badly. Her sisters worked too hard on it for it to be ruined before her wedding. This is one of her favorite places, a place she goes when she needs to be alone in the quiet. Tóra loves her family, but their house is full of noise and chaos all the time. Sometimes she just needs to escape it, and this is always where she comes. She feels her tension begin to slowly ease, her nerves fading into the background as she looks out over the quiet scene. She knows people will begin arriving soon, and she closes her eyes to savor the silence and the peace all around her.
Back to top Go down

Henrik Andorsson
Henrik Andorsson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: the sound of silence [Henrik] the sound of silence [Henrik] EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 10:32 pm

This was all happening very, very quickly. A few days ago he’d been minding his own business in Hakon’s shop before Freyja walked in and wanted to ‘have a moment of his time’ and now here he was, getting married. Then he’d had a very awkward conversation with Aleinn as he explained what was happening. That went well. It was hard to explain things when you were still a little fuzzy on the details yourself. But he’d gotten the important bits across; ‘I’m marrying Tóra, and she’s moving in with us.’

It seemed the majority of the people who knew about this wedding were under the impression he’d agreed to it because he was a nice person, and had no real reason to object. He was twenty-five, that was a normal age for people to get married. Arranged marriages weren’t uncommon. But the truth was, he liked Tóra. Probably a bit more than could be considered logical, since they’d only met once. But she was nice, and pretty, and funny, and she’d laughed at his stupid jokes. And when he’d concluded that someone was giving her a hard time, the first thing he’d wanted to do was smash his fist through the faceless person’s skull, which wasn’t exactly a typical reaction for him.

So when Freyja had asked him if he’d marry Tóra to keep her safe, his only hesitance had been at the fact she was asking him at all. Apparently being in a relationship had turned Hakon into a bit of a blabbermouth, and as soon as Freyja had discovered he had a crush on her sister, had set her plan in motion.

Tóra had chosen to hold the wedding at the cliffs and Henrik was happy to go along with that. He’d arrived a bit early, hoping for a chance to talk to her. Something they probably should’ve made time for before the wedding, since they still hadn’t spoken at all since that first time in Hakon’s shop, but everything had come together so quickly, there hadn’t been time. Or maybe he hadn’t made the time because this whole situation was painfully awkward and he didn’t know what to say to her. But their second ever conversation should probably not be their wedding vows, he’d decided, and made his way to the cliffs.

It didn’t take long for him to spot Tóra sitting at the edge of the cliff, and Henrik made his way over to her quickly. The first thing he really noticed was her hair. It was pinned up and braided and while it looked very pretty, his first thought was that he liked it better down. A thought he kept to himself, while also reminding himself that how she wore her hair was none of his business. Clearing his throat softly, he sat down beside her and silently enjoyed the view for a few moments.

You’re not having second thoughts, are you? If you don’t want to get married, you can just tell me,” he told her first, before nodding towards the ocean, and the waves crashing into the rocks below them. “No need to jump,” he added, turning towards her finally, with the barest hint of a smile.

You look…” His first reaction was to say ‘pretty’ but he recalled Sofie’s threat from the night before, when she’d been at his house to see Aleinn. ‘Tell her she looks beautiful, Henrik, or I’ll kick you in the shins.’ He didn’t know how someone like Tóra could come from the same family as Sofie and Freyja. Her older sisters were pretty rude, and incredibly violent. “... very beautiful,” he finished and cleared his throat awkwardly. He wasn’t exactly good at this kind of thing.

After another few moments of silence, Henrik finally tried to say what he’d wanted to say in the first place, before he started with the uncomfortable jokes and awkward compliments. “I was thinking… this is all going to be pretty strange, right? This is only the second time we’ve spoken.” Was he making this worse? Probably. “I think it might be easier if we felt a little more comfortable with each other?” He knew he was likely the problem. His whole personality basically screamed ‘please leave me alone’ which couldn’t make him easy to interact with. But he could try. For her.
Back to top Go down

Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: the sound of silence [Henrik] the sound of silence [Henrik] EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 am

Tóra had never once thought that she, the youngest of her sisters, would be the first to get married. It's funny how sometimes those things happen. And while it was unexpected, and happening with very little warning, she's shocked to find that it isn't entirely unwelcome. Sure, she barely knows Henrik, but she trusts that Freyja wouldn't put her into a situation she thought was dangerous. It's still funny to her that she's the first to get married, though. Although the way things are going, her older sisters probably aren't too far behind her. That's strange, too, she thinks, that they're all beginning relationships within a few months of each other. Love is in the air, as they say, and apparently Skagen's air is infected. She's not under the delusion that her and Henrik will have a love-marriage like her sisters eventually will, and that makes her just the smallest bit sad. Her parents married for love, and it's something Tóra has always wanted. She knows that in time, her and Henrik may grow to love each other. But arranged marriages work just as well, she supposes. Besides, there's bigger things at stake here than her heart.

She hears the rustle of feet through the grass just before someone clears their throat, and she turns to face the newcomer. She's surprised and a little pleased to see it's her husband-to-be, and she gives him a shy smile before she turns back to the view. He seems to be enjoying it, too, and Tóra is just about to lean her shoulder gently against his when he speaks, and she stops to listen to him. His words stun her enough that she turns to face him, brow wrinkling in confusion, but then he continues speaking and she catches the barely-there smile, and she remembers that his jokes are this kind of dry, subtle humor, and she can't help but giggle. "I'm not having second thoughts, sometimes it's just loud in my family's house so I come here." She hasn't told any of her sisters that, although they probably know anyway. But if she's going to marry him, she might as well tell him things like that when they arise. She's about to ask if he's having second thoughts, but he speaks before she has a chance, and his words lay that fear to rest.

She grimaces and rolls her eyes, reaching up a tentative hand to touch the flowers in her golden hair. "Thanks. My sisters did it." She leans in a little closer, lightly resting her shoulder against him like she wanted to do earlier, and whispers conspiratorially. "It's uncomfortable, but don't tell them. They worked so hard on it." He clears his throat again, and Tóra can tell he's feeling a little awkward. She has to admit it's a fairly uncomfortable situation, but she feels far more comfortable around him than she probably should. They're little more than strangers, but still she feels safe beside him. She is a little nervous, of course, since they're about to get married. That would make anyone nervous, even if they were marrying for love. She tilts her head thoughtfully as she listens to him. She nods slowly when he says it's going to be strange, and ducks her head shyly at his question. A blush is staining her cheeks a deep pink, and she looks up at him through her thick lashes. "And how do you think we should do that?" She pauses, drawing a deep breath, and summons the courage to continue. "I'm already more comfortable around you than I should be around someone I've only met once." She shrugs, suddenly shy and unable to meet his eyes, and turns back to the sea crashing into the cliffs. Gods, how can she be so shy and so comfortable at the same time?
Back to top Go down

Henrik Andorsson
Henrik Andorsson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: the sound of silence [Henrik] the sound of silence [Henrik] EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 4:32 am

While he’d only been joking about the whole jumping thing, Henrik still relaxed slightly when Tóra said she wasn’t having second thoughts. Second thoughts were a perfectly natural reaction to an arranged marriage, he assumed. He wasn’t having them, but that was probably a little different. She was only sixteen, marrying a virtual stranger and just hoping it all turned out okay. He wouldn’t really be surprised if she had been having second thoughts.

When she told him that it got loud at her house so she came here to get away, he nodded in understanding. “I can imagine,” he answered immediately. He spent enough time around Sofie to assume their family was fairly loud. And she had three other sisters. “It’s only loud at my house when Sofie is visiting,” he added with a smile.

He could reluctantly admit to himself that he’d been pretty nervous about how all of this was going to go. He knew the whole situation was odd, and agreeing to marry someone for your own safety wasn’t at all the same as wanting to get married. But almost as soon as they started talking, he didn’t feel as strange. She’d giggled at his dumb joke, and said she wasn’t rethinking marrying him. This was already going better than he’d been anticipating.

Tóra’s reaction to his compliment was unexpected and he was a little confused until she leaned into him slightly and admitted that the hairstyle was uncomfortable. “Your secret is safe with me,” he whispered back, glancing from her face to hair for a moment. “Let me know if I can help. Maybe pull a flower out so you have to take it down later? And then your sisters can be mad at me,” he offered with a quick wink. Two of her sisters had threatened him very recently, but he wasn’t too worried. It was a wedding, after all.

She agreed that the situation was a strange one, which was actually more comforting than he would have imagined. Obviously he didn’t want her to feel awkward around him but the fact that they were both struggling a little made him feel better. When he noticed her blushing though, Henrik did feel kind of bad. He was supposed to be fixing it, not making it worse. Opening his mouth to answer her question, he shut it again when she continued, and told him she already felt more comfortable around him than she should. “I won’t tell if you won’t,” he replied, essentially admitting that he felt the same way. And while he didn’t want her to feel awkward around him at all, he was already incredibly aware of how much he liked it when she blushed. That was going to be a problem.

Well,” he started slowly, not actually having much of a solution to their problem, but wanting to make an effort to rectify the situation. He tried to think of the people he was perfectly comfortable around and how they differed from her. Unfortunately, he could only think of three people; Aleinn, Hakon, and Haskell. “We should get to know each other?” he suggested, his face probably giving away his own uncertainty at the idea. “What do you like to do? What annoys you?” he questioned first, knowing those were two things that would certainly come in handy for him, while he tried to come up with another question or two. They didn’t exactly have a lot of time to figure this out. “You said you wanted to be a healer before? Are you still interested in that?” He had a pretty good memory and was almost certain that was something she’d told him that day in Hakon’s shop.

Is there anything you wanted to know about me?” he wondered next, leaning into her quickly, hoping she wouldn't feel too awkward about him putting her on the spot like this. He rarely spoke this much, and it was making him feel even more uncomfortable than he already had, but maybe if they knew each other a little better, this awkwardness would begin to fade? He could hope, at least.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: the sound of silence [Henrik] the sound of silence [Henrik] Empty

Back to top Go down
the sound of silence [Henrik]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1