Gerolf Hagensson
Viking

PROFIELMessages : 30
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

The art of Distraction-Yrsa Empty
PostSubject: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Gerolf had started his day out just like any other day he had. He got up, went training for a few hours.Found himself someone to help him feel better, and then ate some food. Now he was on his way to the market. Things had been more difficult for him and his brother lately, Gerolf felt that Kettil was starting to fight back a little more each day. So he needed to get him something to distract him with before he left to go and get his wife. Gerolf had been spending time talking to people and listening around to who had young daughter and who wanted a wife for their daughter. He had found out about a man in Skagen, with a beautiful sixteen year old that Gerolf was going to go and meet soon.He believed her name was Ylva,and that she was completely untouched. The father, Halvor Tarbenson, had been a great viking man and promised his daughter would be a wife that would be good and listen to anyone she was married to. That would be perfect for Kettil, a young beautiful girl that he could get to be the perfect wife for his brother. Then Kettil could focus his time and energy on this new women and stop wanting to learn to fight.

However in the mean time before he went there, and for while he was gone, he needed to give his brother something to keep him busy. Sure he had the horses, but clearly that wan't enough for his dear brother. Maybe he would get him a puppy. He had looked at trying to find the wolves that Kettil and Yrsa had been talking about for a few days, but hadn't had any luck in finding them. So a normal dog would have to do until he was able to find the wolves. Maybe it would have to wait unit he got back with Ylva. Then Kettil would be extra distracted from his need of fighting. Gerolf just hoped his brother would be good and be happy with all the work he has gone through for him. It was hard to explain to people that he was looking for a wife for his brother, and not himself yet. He would find a wife later, after this was all settled. Then things will be much better for him and his little family. He won't have to worry about Kettil trying to learn to fight behind his back, he wasn't sure what he would do if that were to happen. He would have to punish his brother, but that was not something he wanted to do. Sure he was hard on him, but he didn't want to have to get rough with him too.

Gerolf was now at the market, looking at some different types of dogs. He really didn't know anything about this kind of thing. So he wasn't sure what kind of dog to get his brother, but he knew it needed to be one that would be easy to train. Maybe a dog that could help him with his work in some way, one that could heard the horses or something. Gerolf really wasn't sure, and he didn't want to ask. That would make him look stupid, and stupidity was weakness. He was not weak, very far from it. Anyone who thought he was weak would be in for a rude awakening. He was just about to reach down and touch a dog when he was bumped into by a person. Looking up in a little annoyed he saw it was someone he knew and quickly put a smile on his face. "Hello Yrsa" he said with his smile still very much in place. She looked just as beautiful as she always did, too bad she was so head strong. She would make a good wife. "How are you today?'" he said next. Making conversation, maybe he could ask her to keep an eye out on his brother while he was gone.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 10:32 pm

Yrsa had been wandering through the markets, saying hello to anyone she knew, with the pups following along after her. Luckily, they were starting to behave themselves a bit better by now, and she didn’t need to worry about them wandering off when she wasn’t paying attention.

Using what small amount of self restraint she had, Yrsa was going to avoid the area where they sold dogs and puppies. First, her puppies often got the others going and she received quite a few frowns from everyone nearby. Second, she wanted to take them all home with her, which she really couldn’t afford.

However, that plan was dashed the moment she spotted Gerolf by the animals. Under no circumstances was Gerolf allowed to have a pet. Not while Yrsa was around to stop him. Immediately she changed her direction, and basically walked right into him, hoping to distract him from whatever insanity he was planning.

Honestly Yrsa was a bit surprised that he was smiling at her and greeted her so pleasantly. She’d been bracing herself to duck an incoming fist to the face. But hey, if he wanted to do the friendly thing, she definitely preferred it. “Sorry about that, Gerolf. I tripped over Aksel,” she told him, gesturing to the pair of pups standing on either side of her. “I’m very well, thank you! How are you?” She hadn’t spoken to him since she’d been with him and Kettil at the waterfall. Maybe this whole distracting him thing wouldn’t be so bad after all?

Nodding towards the group of animals he’d been eyeing, she continued, “Thinking about getting a dog?
Back to top Go down

Gerolf Hagensson
Gerolf Hagensson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 12:22 am

Gerolf smiled at Yrsa when she spoke to him “Sorry about that, Gerolf. I tripped over Aksel,” she said to him, a smile on her own face. With a hint of shock as well. Maybe it was because he was being nice, but he could be nice sometimes. She didn't need to act shocked by the fact. He looked down to see she had a few puppies and that made him smile more. Good if she had dogs she would know what was a good kind to get for his brother. Then he could work it in a way that he was asking about her dogs, and not that he knew nothing about them. “I’m very well, thank you! How are you?” she said back to him when he had asked her how she was. "I am well, thank you Yrsa." he answered her back as he was still looking at her dogs. Trying to figure out a way to find out what he needed without coming off as stupid. He was not stupid, because he was not weak. He would never be weak, weak was not in Gerolf blood. He was strong, he killed his own father. That would make anyone strong, at least in his eyes anyways.

When she spoke again he looked up at her with a blank face for a moment. Why would he be standing over here looking at the dogs if he wasn't going to get one. He wanted to say something like that, but he had to be nice. It would be rude to snap at her and then see if she would keep an eye on his brother while he was away. “Thinking about getting a dog?” were her words. He changed his blank face to a smile before speaking."Yes, but not for myself." he said at first before looking over at the animals. "I want to get Kettil someone to keep him company...I'll be going away in a little while for a few weeks, and I don't want him to feel lonely." he said before looking back at her. Smile still in place. He hated being this nice, but it was a bit easier with how beautiful she was. He focused on her beauty and not the fact that he wasted to be rude for no reason at all. "I had tried to look for the wolves and get him a wolf pup like I had said,but I didn't find them..I figured this would do until I was able to." he said next with a shrug.

Talking to her seemed to be kind of easy. Sure they were in public and he didn't want to be seen as rude and scary all the time, but she was still easy to talk to all the same. If only he could tame her. Then he could find himself a wife and Kettil a wife at the same time. That surly would make things easier for him. However he knew she wouldn't be someone he could tame. She would take so much breaking,that it wouldn't be worth it to him. Gerolf wanted someone he could mold into what he wanted. Just like he was looking for Kettil. He almost wished this Ylva girl was older, or he would mold her for himself.Though she wasn't and it was best not to focus on that. She would be great for his brother, as long as everything her father said was true that is."So what one do you think would be best? You have dogs yourself, so you should know so much more that I right?" he asked her next. A smirk in place of the smile that had been there before. He could only smile like that for so long before he got sick of it. He wasn't a nice man, and it was no fun pretending to be one.  

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Well, this was going very nicely, Yrsa was still awfully surprised to admit. If Gerolf didn’t legitimately love to hurt people, she’d almost think they could’ve been friends. She could be friends with almost anyone. But unfortunately, she knew he wasn’t one of those people. While Yrsa loved to fight, she knew hurting and killing people was an unfortunate thing that happened while fighting, she didn’t enjoy the killing or hurting the way the man standing in front of her did.

She smiled up at his polite response anyway, not wanting to ruin the moment. Gerolf would probably find a way to ruin it soon enough, anyway.

When he answered her question, revealing that he wanted to get his brother a dog to keep him company, Yrsa was shocked once again. She was somewhat skeptical that this plan had entirely innocent logic behind it, simply because she didn’t expect that sort of behavior from this man, but thought it was kind of a cute thing to do anyway. If anyone ever bought her an animal, she’d love them forever. “That’s so thoughtful!” she remarked, knowing that Kettil, much like Yrsa herself, was very fond of animals.

When he brought up the wolves they’d been talking about last time they’d spoken, Yrsa was incredibly thankful he hadn’t managed to locate any. She was still determined to catch a glimpse of them, but unlike Gerolf, she didn’t actually want to catch one. She just wanted to see them. “A dog is probably the better option, since you live on a farm,” she told him, before reaching down to pet one of the puppies for sale. Maybe that would be enough to get him away from the whole wolf idea? If she was lucky.

He asked her opinion on which dog to get and Yrsa couldn’t help but grin at him. “Honestly, I want them all. I might not be the best help for this. But,” she began, taking a look at the different animals they had, and trying to think. He was asking for her help, and she saw no reason not to. “You’d want to find out if any of them are trained yet at all? If they are, a trained adult dog would be more useful than a puppy. But if none of them are trained, a puppy would be your best bet. They’d definitely be easier to train.” She wasn’t quite so determined to get him away from the animals now that she knew he was planning on gifting it to Kettil instead of keeping it for himself. Kettil could be trusted with animals.

Is this a surprise for Kettil?” She looked up at him again, noticing the pleasant smile had turned into the usual smirk she saw him wearing, but didn’t think too much of it. She wasn’t afraid of Gerolf. At least, not afraid for herself. She was only concerned about the well-being of an innocent, defenseless animal he decided to take home. If he wasn’t prepared for it going to the bathroom inside the house, barking in the middle of the night while he was trying to sleep, and whining whenever it wanted something, she didn’t know how long it would be until he turned on the poor thing. “Puppies are a lot of work. If he’s not really interested, because he’s already so busy with the horses, and things, it might not go so well for all of you.
Back to top Go down

Gerolf Hagensson
Gerolf Hagensson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Gerolf made sure to keep smiling an keep being as friendly as he could as they talked together. “That’s so thoughtful!” he heard Yrsa say about his idea with the dog. In a way he guessed it was, not wanting his brother to be alone, but he knew the truth. He was doing this to keep Kettil more busy while he was gone too. He wanted to make sure his baby brother would have things to do other than taking care of his horses. That way his brother would not have very much free time. with no free time, he wouldn't be able to betray him and start training behind his back. Something that as time went on Gerolf was more and more worried about. Kettil would simply not leave the subject alone. The older that Kettil got, the more he brought it up. Gerolf understood in a way as well why he was so desperate. Kettil was a viking, and viking men wanted to be strong and they wanted to fight. However Gerolf didn't want him to become like him. He knew that he himself was a monster, and he embraced that about himself. Gerolf just didn't want Kettil to become one as well. He had always be so good, and kind. So much better then himself. Sure, Gerolf didn't get this bad until after he killed his own father, but he knew he wasn't normal, not really ever. "Lets hope he feels the same." Gerolf finally says to her telling it was thoughtful of him.

When he had finished telling her that he had to settle on getting a dog because he couldn't find a wolf she had something to say to that.“A dog is probably the better option, since you live on a farm,” she told him and he looked at her for a moment before nodding. That was correct, a wolf would grow up and maybe attack the other animals. However If Gerolf ever got a wolf he would train it to attack anyways, so he didn't see that as too big of deal. He would just train it to leave the other animals alone. That wouldn't be so hard he thought. If hew as certain he was going to be able to train Kettles future wife, as well as his own, a animal wouldn't be much harder. " Suppose that is true/" he said with a shrug of his shoulder. It was so easy to talk to her, as long as he kept breathing deeply he could keep the beast at bay for now. Act and look normal while he spoke with her. It helped that he was trying to not over talk, to say little instead of lots.

Gerolf then asked her what one she would get, to secretly get a better feel of this whole thing without looking weak. “Honestly, I want them all. I might not be the best help for this. But,” she says first to him before adding “You’d want to find out if any of them are trained yet at all? If they are, a trained adult dog would be more useful than a puppy. But if none of them are trained, a puppy would be your best bet. They’d definitely be easier to train.” to him next. He could see her logic, but the whole point of getting the dog was so Kettil had to take the time to train it. So as smart as getting a trained one would be, it didn't fit well with what he had planed out. "Yes that is true, however I think that a puppy would be best in this situation." was what he said back to her with a smile in place again. It was weird to be this "friendly" with anyone but his brother. Most people were scared of him and kept some distance from him.He found that he kind of liked having conversations like this, but only slightly.

Yrsa spoke again “Is this a surprise for Kettil?” she asked him and Gerolf nodded his head at her. Of course it was. If Kettil had known he would have just sent him down here himself. So he wouldn't have to stand here and look stupid by not knowing a thing about dogs. Animals were Kettil's thing, not Gerolf's. He much preferred to hunt and kill, than to care for them. “Puppies are a lot of work. If he’s not really interested, because he’s already so busy with the horses, and things, it might not go so well for all of you.” she says to him next and Gerolf raises an eyebrow at her. "I'm getting him a dog, he will be happy weather his is busy or not." he says to her. His cockiness wanting to break out from behind the wall of nice he was trying to give off. "It will keep him company, I could be gone for a month or more. He will be glad I thought of him." he says next as he looks at her before looking at the dogs. He could careless if Kettil didn't want the dog, he was getting one. Gerolf just hoped he one he got would be helpful to the farm at the very least. In his twisted mind he only wanted what was best for his brother. Just what he thought was best, not what others thought.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Nearly forgetting who she was talking to, Yrsa sent Gerolf a sympathetic smile. “I’m sure he’d agree with me,” she replied, knowing that of the pair of brothers, Kettil was more polite, and didn’t seem likely to snub a gift from anyone, especially if it was a puppy, no matter the intentions behind it.

She tried to hide the relief that flooded through her when he acknowledged her words about getting a wolf. She was actually a fairly intelligent person, she just rarely gave off that impression. Yrsa had discovered quite young the things she could accomplish when people underestimated her, and had made a habit of playing into the ‘dumb, silly girl’ routine. Even though people knew she could fight, many people made the mistake of assuming she was rather simple minded, and she was perfectly happy to let them think it.

He seemed to agree with her assessment about what sort of dog to get, but claimed a puppy would be best, and Yrsa wasn’t going to try to talk him out of it. The conversation was still fairly pleasant and she had no justifiable reason for not wanting him to get a dog, other than ‘well Gerolf, you’re a fucking crazy person’ which wasn’t something she saw going over too well. She got enough dirty looks in the market as it was, getting into a fight right now would not win her any friends.

It seemed she was right, because her warnings about whether or not Kettil would have time for a puppy had not gone over very well. She shrugged at him, trying to appear as though she had no real interest in whether or not he got a dog. “Then a puppy it is,” she replied with a smile, not wanting to rile him up at the moment. If they were going to fight, she’d prefer to do it in the training yard.

His comment about being gone surprised her a bit and she raised an eyebrow at him. “You’re leaving for a month or longer?” Why was he leaving? Where was he going? She was a very nosy person, but knew Gerolf wasn’t the sort of man who’d answer her questions like that. “That’s a long time. Is everything okay?” She honestly couldn’t think of any reason for him to be leaving, other than heading to Kattegat to trade, or something. But what did she know? Maybe he was being sent somewhere by the Countess to try to learn something about their missing earl.

Not wanting him to think she was overly suspicious or  interested in his answer, she turned back to the dogs again and pointing one out that was a bit to his left. “That one looks pretty young, so would be easier to train. I think it’s a boy, so you wouldn’t have to worry about it having puppies of it’s own. And that’s a hunting breed. They’re usually very smart.
Back to top Go down

Gerolf Hagensson
Gerolf Hagensson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 9:40 pm

Gerolf smiled at Yrsa when he heard her say “I’m sure he’d agree with me,” to him about his brother being happy about the dog.He hoped so, It felt like Kettil thought everything Gerolf did was wrong lately. Sure he knew he had problems, but in his mind he was doing his best to give his brother the best life. Without the riches he gave Kettil the farm wouldn't be doing nearly as well as it was. He did a lot to help his brother, and he was just trying to protect him from what he could become by keeping him from training and fighting. If he could just make his brother see the light in things, it would make his life so much more easy. He would just have to wait until he got back with his wife. Then things would be a lot better for them both."Then I'll believe that he will" he says with a smile. He is doing very well at this being nice thing, Yrsa makes it easy with how beautiful she is, and how she is treating him like he is normal. Gods why did she had to be so strong, she made him want her a lot sometimes, and it annoyed him that he knew he would not have her without force. Something that would get him in trouble with the Earl. She was a free women, not a Thrall.

They went on to talking about the dogs and what would be best to get Kettil. She had annoyed him when she had said a trained dog might be better, but he was less annoyed again when she saidThen a puppy it is, to him. Gerolf smiled at her and nodded his head."A puppy will be best. Something with energy to take up time and keep him from being lonely." he says with a half smile this time. Maybe if he got one that was considered cute he would make his brother even happier. He knew Kettil had lots of feelings for animals, and wanted to play into that a little bit more. The happier his brother was when he left the better Gerolf would feel about all of it. “You’re leaving for a month or longer?Gerolf heard her say next and he just nodded his head at her. He was about to speak again when she spoke first. “That’s a long time. Is everything okay? she asked and Gerolf let out a small laugh. She was acting like she cared about him and it was funny to him. He was almost certain she had fear of him, so why fake the caring side?

Taking a deep breath after his short laugh he spoke."Yes, it could be that long, and everything is fine." he said to her first. He knew he had to be careful with his words. If he said to much then his brother would find out and he didn't want to fight his brother in this matter. Gerolf didn't care if Kettil would want to find a wife on his own. He wouldn't pick well, Gerolf already knew that. He needed someone easy to control, not a strong women. Gerolf knew what was best, he always did. "I have to take care of something important for my brother, it could take a while depending on some details.Hopefully it won't take that long however." he chose to say vaguely."Don't say anything to him, its a surprise, and thats why I'm not telling you to much." he says next before he looks at her with a smirk and raised eye brow. That should be enough to keep her at bay, but maybe not. It depended on how noise Yrsa was. Gerolf wasn't sure on that matter.

Still looking at Yrsa, he tuned when she said “That one looks pretty young, so would be easier to train. I think it’s a boy, so you wouldn’t have to worry about it having puppies of it’s own. And that’s a hunting breed. They’re usually very smart.” to him. Nodding he walked over to the dog and kneeled down to look at it better. He was sure that most people would think it was cute, but to him it was just another animal."Ahh yes, a hunting dog was what I was thinking too." he said trying to play it off that is was his idea and not her own. He would not look weak to her. "I think he shall do very nicely indeed." he said next. Reaching into his bag he pulled out some gold and dropped it into the owners hand. Once that was done he picked up the dog somewhat gently and tuned back to yrsa. Gerolf smiled at her for a moment before speaking "So should we name it? Or do I let Kettil do that?" he asks her as he pushes the puppy out a bit to look at it"It's kind of cute I guess." he comments to himself as he looks the dog over.  

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Gerolf was being so nice, and Yrsa was very confused. It was like he was a totally different person than the man she’d seen in battle, and even in training. She was fairly certain he had to be the best liar she’d ever met, because she knew that he was pretty twisted, but if she hadn’t, she’d have thought him a perfectly decent person to spend time with. Which was actually a terrifying thought because now she really wanted to know what everyone else in the village thought of him? Someday someone was going to marry him and they would be in for a very rude awakening.

Again, she was confused. He wanted to make sure Kettil wasn’t lonely? That was actually really kind and Yrsa was nearly prepared to rethink what she knew about him. But, that only lasted for about a minute. She knew better than to doubt herself and her instincts, especially when she’d seen with her own eyes the things that he was capable of. And everything about him screamed ‘dangerous’ whether other people noticed it or not. “That’s very thoughtful,” she told him, before realizing she’d already said that to him only a moment ago. “I mean, really, very nice of you. To worry about him being lonely.

Honestly, whether Garth was lonely or not wasn’t something that really crossed Yrsa’s mind. He was an adult, and if he wasn’t happy with his life, she was certain he’d find a way to fix it. Hang on, was Gerolf a better sibling than she was? What in the world was going on???

I’m glad everything’s fine,” she interjected quickly, when he answered her questions. She still desperately wanted to know where he was going, and why, but when he continued, saying he was getting something for Kettil, and that it was a surprise, she was even more confused than she’d been before.

You’re getting him a puppy and now going away to get him something else? Have you upset him somehow?” she asked with a grin, before adding, “The last time I was this nice to my brother, I’d broken his toy practice sword. I think I was about five years old.” She’d used it to help her climb a tree and then fell out of the tree and landed on it poorly. Luckily, she’d been just fine, barring the scrapes and bruises. And Garth had only been a bit upset with her. Maybe he’d be a bit more loose-lipped if she didn’t seem so interested in what he was doing, but why. She could hope, least. “I won’t say anything,” she promised, considering she didn’t really have any information anyway.

He inspected and then paid for the puppy and honestly, Yrsa wanted to play with it. She loved puppies. Aksel and Aleksia seemed to be in agreement, because their tails were wagging like crazy and they were both whining quietly. Luckily, it seemed they were disciplined enough to not jump up Gerolf’s legs in an attempt to sniff and get closer to the puppy. “Oh hush,” she told them softly, and while the whining ceased, the tail wagging did not. “You can play with him next time we visit Kettil at the stables,” she added, as if they actually understood anything she was saying.

Should we name him? I don’t know, he might want to name him himself?” She already had two names on the tip of her tongue, in case she ever got another boy dog but she didn’t know Kettil well enough really to know how he’d feel about either name. She decided to offer them anyway. “I’d pick Magnus, or Gunner probably. If he was mine,” she told him with a shrug. He’d have to make that decision on his own, she decided. "And he's very cute."
Back to top Go down

Gerolf Hagensson
Gerolf Hagensson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 am

Gerolf raised an eyebrow at her when she repeated herself “That’s very thoughtful,” to him about getting Kettil a dog. Gerolf knew she was very bright, but wondered if she took a few hits to the head sometimes “I mean, really, very nice of you. To worry about him being lonely.” she said next. Fixing her mistake of repeating herself from before. She must just be nervous around him, most women were. She thought it was nice that he worried about Kettil being lonely, wasn't that a normal thing to do for your sibling? He had thought it was. "Well we are all we have left. Our parents are dead, my mother died in a raid, and as I'm sure you know I killed my father." he said to her before taking a deep breath."He was a useless drunk who beat myself and my brother senseless after our mother died...So he got what he deserved..I did it to protect my brother.." he said next, Gerolf had no idea why he was telling her this. It was just falling out of his mouth almost."So with me being gone I don't want him to be alone, we haven't been raiding in some time, so he is use to me being around." he said finally, giving off a shrug like what he had told her hadn't been super personal. Gerolf was pretty sure that everyone knew he had done it though, so he guessed it wasn't that weird that he had just told her. Its just he never really talked about it, the thing that made him into the monster that he is.

When she said “I’m glad everything’s fine,” to him he looked at her in surprise, did she like him? Was that why she was talking to him and being so kind? He doubted that was why, but he was getting more and more curious about her as they spent time together. Gerolf smiled at her in return. The first not forced smile he had given her the whole time they had been together. That smile of course fell when she spoke again. “You’re getting him a puppy and now going away to get him something else? Have you upset him somehow?” she said first before adding “The last time I was this nice to my brother, I’d broken his toy practice sword. I think I was about five years old.” to him. He let out a small laugh at the thought of Garth the bastard being upset. He was glad when the other man moved away, at least he was trying to better himself. To be more then a son born of a former whore. “I won’t say anything,” she said before he could talk back about it.

Gerolf thought over his words before answering."A lot of the things I do upset him, however I'm doing this to help our brotherly relationship. If I do this right, it could fix a lot of our problems..at least I hope" he says giving her another shrug at the end. He really was sharing a lot with her, Yrsa making him feel normal more and more as they talked. It was so weird. When he had finished buying the dog he saw and heard dogs getting very excited about it. “Oh hush,”Yrsa told them first before adding “You can play with him next time we visit Kettil at the stables,” to them. He smiled at the dogs before looking back at the puppy in his hands.Gerolf asked her if they should name it and she said “Should we name him? I don’t know, he might want to name him himself?” in return. That was fair, let his brother name his own new pet. "Okay, Kettil shall name you then." Gerolf tells the mutt in his hands. “I’d pick Magnus, or Gunner probably. If he was mine,” Yrsa added and he laughed, liked he cared, but he wouldn't tell her that. "And he's very cute." she added last. "Yes, I suppose so. You however are far nicer to look at Yrsa." he tells her."You are a very beautiful girl. I have enjoyed spending time with someone so lovely to look at." he says smiling, a hidden meaning he was sure she wouldn't pick up."And you are very helpful too." he added, really laying it on her.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 am

Yrsa was honestly stunned at the amount of information Gerolf was sharing. Not because she assumed he had plenty of friends he could actually have real conversations with, because that didn’t seem at all likely. But because he just seemed the type to keep very quiet and not overshare. Yrsa was an oversharer and was typically rewarded with rude comments, rude gestures or simply told to bugger off. Which was also pretty rude. So while she already knew a good deal of what he was telling her, she was still pretty surprised he was doing it in the first place.

It actually took her a moment to realize he was done, and another to decide how to reply. “That’s really awful, what happened to you. And what you had to do.” She couldn’t imagine such a thing, honestly. Her life would be very different if her father had been anything but generous and supportive of her choices. He could have been more generous, she thought, thinking about the way he’d treated her brother, but that wasn’t something she was going to share with Gerolf. Just because he was oversharing didn’t mean he’d be at all interested in listening to what she had to say, and she knew it. Plus, Gerolf seemed the type to say rude things about her brother and then she’d have to hit him, and it wouldn’t go well. With the puppy in his arms, and everything.

Well, I hope so too,” she told him with a bit of a smile. It was hard not to feel bad for him, with the amount of tragic information he was sharing. And if he genuinely was trying to repair his relationship with his brother, she couldn’t not be nice about that, right? Hopefully he wouldn’t think she was being patronizing, because that’s not at all how she meant it, but you could never tell with someone like him.

Gerolf was talking to the puppy in his arms and Yrsa needed him to doing adorable things because it was kind of starting to creep her out. Was he doing this deliberately just to fuck with her? She kind of thought he had to be, because she was going crazy trying to figure him out. And THEN he told her she was nicer to look at than the puppy which when she thought about it wasn’t really very much of a compliment at all but it was weird coming from him! She was blinking at him with a completely straight face, not at all certain how to respond. BUT THEN he said she was ‘a beautiful girl’ and ‘lovely to look at’ and the ‘girl’ thing really offended her because he was only like two or three years older than she was but she couldn’t articulate how much that irritated her because WAS HE FLIRTING WITH HER? Oh Gods, what had she done??

She knew her face had to be giving away how utterly shocked and confused she was, because she had been in no way prepared to hide her reactions from him. She hadn’t seen any of that coming at all. If he started laughing in her face right now, she probably wouldn’t even hear it.

After another moment of complete shock, she finally furrowed her brow, and sent him a disapproving look, hopping right to the first thing that popped into her mind, which was, “We’re basically the same age, I’m not a ‘girl’, thank you very much.” Taking a deep breath, trying to calm her chaotic thoughts, she finally squinted at him a bit, “Are you making fun of me?” That had to be the only real option, right? Because he couldn’t actually be flirting with her? RIGHT?
Back to top Go down

Gerolf Hagensson
Gerolf Hagensson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Gerolf clicked his tongue when he heard Yrsa say “That’s really awful, what happened to you. And what you had to do.” to him. He wasn't even sure why he had said the things he had to her. Maybe because he didn't have many friends, well he had hardly anyone but his brother at all. However it still shocked him he shared at all, and by her face and words he could tell it shocked her too."I am more sorry Kettil had to live though it..he was always a good kid, and he's a good man now too," he desired to say about it. Gerolf knew he was horrible and controlling but he did it for Kettlil's own good, at least he thought he was. If he only knew, maybe he wouldn't be as horrible, maybe he would back off just a bit. However those things were hard for Gerolf, he liked control. He never had it as a child, not until he killed his father. The act that changed his life forever.

Then they started to talk about why he was going and other things. He told her he was doing it to fix things and she said “Well, I hope so too,” to him. Gerolf simply smiled at her. She was a nice women, a little on the nosey side for his liking, but she was still kind. He wished he could be kind sometimes, that it wasn't so hard for him, but that was not how life was for him. He was not a kind man. He was an anger man, a controlling man. That was what he had been for years now. His mind never stopped thinking about hurting others, and pain. It was just something he learned to except about himself. That he was a monster. That was why he had to keep Kettil from becoming one too. He was too good, too kind to become anything like him.Gerolf would sooner kill him then curse him to this life that he lived.

Gerolf had complimented her next, to see how she would react and it had been worth it. Her face had become a mixture of shock and confusion. Did she not know that she was beautiful, or was it because he was saying it to her, and who he was. “We’re basically the same age, I’m not a ‘girl’, thank you very much.” she said first. Oh so she was upset he called her a girl, and not a women. It made him laugh at her and her silliness. “Are you making fun of me? she said next and he shook his head. "No, not really anyways." he said first with another laugh. "you are correct, we are of similar age, and you are a women not a girl. Your body gives that away." he says next, giving her a wink. "I just meant you are beautiful, you know that right? That you're one of the best looking women in the village...I mean no harm, this time. I am just stating facts Yrsa." he says next before shrugging and looking at the puppy once more. "The silly women doesn't know she is good looking." he tells the puppy before getting licked in the face. To which he makes a face at the animal. "Don't do that." he tells the dog before looking at Yrsa again.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Yrsa was going to have to leave. She just couldn’t deal with nice Gerolf anymore. It was really messing with her head, and she needed to go… hit something. One of the best things about being a shield maiden was the readily available people to hit when she really needed a good fight. And right now, she wanted to smash someone’s face in.

He is a good man,” she answered, and was glad that was something they could both agree on. It was honestly killing her how weird he was being. Like, did he think they were friends now? Yrsa could be friends with just about anyone, but until this exact conversation, she’d drawn the line at Gerolf. But here he was, being a nice person, and holding a perfectly decent conversation. She really hoped he didn’t think they were friends because she did not want a repeat of this conversation, like, ever.

Will you please stop talking about my body?” she hissed at him, her eyes scanning the area to see who might be eavesdropping on this particular conversation. He continued, ‘just stating facts’ and Yrsa narrowed her eyes ever so slightly before shaking her head. “Well, you should keep those sort of facts to yourself, please and thank you. And stop talking to the dog about me.” She felt just about as ridiculous as she must’ve looked after that last sentence passed her lips. But her heart nearly melted when the little puppy licked his face. “He’s just trying to be your friend,” she told him before she remembered that he was being even weirder than before and she didn’t like it one bit.
Back to top Go down

Gerolf Hagensson
Gerolf Hagensson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Gerolf nodded his head when she said“He is a good man,” to him."Yes, better then I'll ever be, and better then our father." was all he said back to her. Kettil was a good person, but he was also weak. Weak minded and weak in his body, and yes he kept him weak in his body because then he couldn't fight. He didn't want him to leave, and lose the good in him. He hoped he would stay a good man the rest of his life. He would be a better husband and father the Gerolf ever would be a well. That was another reason he was so set on getting Kettil a wife, so he could be more happy. More happy then he could ever make his brother in a million years. If however he did all this work and Kettil wasn't happy he would just keep the girl for himself. She was a little young for his taste, but he wouldn't let all the time and engery he put into this and his plans go to waste.

The conversation changed and he was complimenting her, and clearly she didn't like i.“Will you please stop talking about my body?” where Yrsa's words first He raised an eyebrow at her. Could she not take a compliment then? “Well, you should keep those sort of facts to yourself, please and thank you. And stop talking to the dog about me.”  she said next and Gerolf rolled his eyes at her. "You should learn to take a compliment, but clearly you don't know how. Maybe you are beautiful on the outside and ugly on the in? Is that why you are still single?" he said to her first just before she said “He’s just trying to be your friend,” about the dog."I don't want to be its friend. Its going to be Kettil's friend." he said looking at the dog like it was trash. "I think its time I go now. Have a good day Yrsa" he said next as he held the dog closer and just walked away. A smirk on his face as he went. She dared tell him what to do. she had it coming.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 12:43 am

Honestly, Yrsa was tired of this. Tired of talking about Kettil, tired of talking to Gerolf, tired of trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. He was a monster, and she knew it, and she didn’t want to spend any more time second guessing herself because he was able to hold a decent conversation with her for a little while. She wasn’t this fake person, holding a conversation with someone she detested just to make nice. If it hadn’t been for the puppy in his arms, she never would’ve struck up a conversation with him to begin with.

So when he didn’t take too kindly to her not, like, simpering and blushing and thanking him for finding her attractive, Yrsa was beyond relieved. She didn’t care if he, or anyone else, found her attractive. She didn’t care about being attractive. And his opinions about her body were entirely unwarranted.

You should learn not to say things like that to people. And why I’m still single is absolutely none of your business, no matter what I look like, inside or out.” She was so glad to be able to finally lash out at him, she was already starting to feel better. Was that weird? Probably.

The way he left, taking the puppy and telling her to have a good day, was so infuriating to her, she nearly followed him so she could smack him. But she had a little better control of herself than that, and simply glared in his direction, utterly infuriated that he’d gotten to have the last word.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: The art of Distraction-Yrsa The art of Distraction-Yrsa Empty

Back to top Go down
The art of Distraction-Yrsa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1