Bjarni Dagsson
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 6
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

A helping hand - Yrsa  Empty
PostSubject: A helping hand - Yrsa A helping hand - Yrsa  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 am

He had been struggling all morning trying to do something new with his daughter hair. Most of the time Bjarni would just leave it down or pull it back, but as Alva was getting older, she needed something more done to her hair. She wanted more done to her hair too. Because he didn't have much in his life other then working and spending time with his daughter, Alva was fairly advanced. She an talk quite a bit, and yes some of it was broken. However you could still understand what she was saying and asking for. Something that made his life a lot easier, but difficult at the same time. For that Alva was slowly understanding things more, she wanted things that she saw around the village. Like the braids he was desperately trying to figure out how to give her. All Bjarni had figured out how to do so far was make her hair a big mess of nots and tangles. Upsetting his sweet Alva in the process. So Bjarni decided it would be best to get some help from someone. It was times like this that he wished his sweet wife was still alive and here with him. His sweet beautiful wife would have known how to please their daughter in a way he was sure he was never going to be able to do.

She would have been able to talk to her, and work these things out so much better then he could. So after admitting defeat to himself and to Alva, he got her dressed warm in her coat and made his way toward one of the women he knew he could trust to help him with this without giving him a hard time in return. Yrsa had been one of his wife very good friends. So because of that he had grown close to the younger women as well. Yrsa had become someone in his life that he trusted. One of the very few people after his sweet wife died that he trusted to watch Alva too. So Swallowing his pride, he and his daughter took the short walk over to Yrsa's house and stood there for a moment. "Daddy what you doing?" Bjarni hears Alva ask him. Thats enough motivation to knock on the door. Raising his hand, Bjarni knocks on the door and waits for the door to open.

The first few things he hears are the barking dogs warning their owner he and his daughter are there. One the door opens he smiles at the women in front of him sheepishly. "I need some help"Bjarni says to Yrsa first before pointing down to his daughters messy hair and then giving her an ever more pitiful look. "I was trying yo braid it and now its all messy and tangled." he tells her next as Alva starts to move around a lot. "Please, I'll make it up to you. She wont stop asking for braids...you know that I try to give her everything she wants." he says to her last before Alva speaks up next. "Braids! Braids!" she shouts and gets very excited at the idea of someone making her hair pretty the way she wants it done.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A helping hand - Yrsa A helping hand - Yrsa  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 am

Now that she was back in Skagerrak, Yrsa had really jumped right into training once again. She hadn’t had too much opportunity in Kattegat or Skagen, other than the few times she’d sparred with Dómi, and had kept to running with the dogs along the beach to keep up some sort of daily routine. So having the chance to get back to fighting with the people she was used to fighting had felt amazing. It had been far too long since she’d properly kicked anyone’s ass. So after some early morning training, she’d headed home to eat and relax with the dogs for a bit before planning to head back in a few hours.

She was just sitting down to eat when someone knocked at the door and the animals all started barking. “Will you be quiet?” she shushed them, making her way to the door. She wasn’t expecting company, so she had no idea who was out there, but she didn’t need them jumping up on anyone, especially if it was someone important. Or her mother, who didn’t like animals to begin with.

When she opened the door and saw Bjarni standing there with his daughter, Alva, in his arms, she grinned at him but tilted her head in confusion. He quickly explained the predicament he was in and Yrsa laughed when she caught sight of the toddler’s hair situation. “What have you done to her?” she asked jokingly, stepping to the side so they could come in.

I just made some breakfast if either of you are hungry,” she added, pointing towards the food on the table. It certainly wasn’t enough for three hungry people, but if either of them wanted a bite, she typically cooked more than she needed and gave the rest to the animals, so there was plenty.

Helping Alva out of her winter clothes so she could get a good look at what she was dealing with, she looked over at Bjarni. “How have you been? While I was away?” she wondered first, before spinning the toddler around and staring down at the top of her head. “I think I can work with this,” she added, winking at Alva quickly. It wasn’t nearly as bad as it had looked from a distance. “I’ve got some things for you from Kattegat too. Garth wanted me to pass a couple things along, and I may have gotten bored one afternoon and spent a lot of money I probably shouldn’t have.” This time she sent a wink in Bjarni’s direction. His daughter was maybe just a bit spoiled by her and her brother, but that’s what you did when your best friend had a baby; You spoiled them.

Heading to grab a couple combs and a bowl of water to help with the tangles, she called back into the larger room, “So, braids? Is that what I’m hearing? Anything more specific?” She could do braids, luckily.
Back to top Go down

Bjarni Dagsson
Bjarni Dagsson
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A helping hand - Yrsa A helping hand - Yrsa  EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 1:58 am

A smile crawled onto his face as he heard Yrsa say “What have you done to her?” to him. He knew he did a pretty shit job on Alva's hair but her comment made him smile. For he knew she was joking with him about his job, even if it was pretty bad. "Messed her hair up really bad?" he says back to her, just as jokingly. Even though that was how he really and truly felt about his hair job on his poor little girl. He watches as Yrsa steps to the side, so he steps inside and sets Alva down on the ground to look at the puppies. “I just made some breakfast if either of you are hungry,” Yrsa says to him next and it makes him smile more. She may be a little crazy sometimes, but there was one thing about Yrsa that he had grown to love over the years he had known her, and that was her kind heart. One he was sure he got from her other brother Garth. Who was one of the nicest men he had ever met in his life. Bjarni was still sad that Garth had moved away, however he understood and respected the other mans choice in wanting to make a name for himself. Plus on top of having a good heart, Yrsa had been an amazing friend to his dear wife. "Alva always can eat, but Im not that hungry. Thank you Yrsa." h says to her.

Taking his own winter clothes off while Yrsa helps with Alva's, he smiles at her when she asks him “How have you been? While I was away?” just showing her kind and caring side once more. "Things have been good, Alva missed you a lot." he says to her with a smile. Teasing her in a way. Dong his best to make everyone thinks he was doing better then he was. It was his mask he put on when he was in public. Playing someone who was not nearly as dead and broken inside as he was. It kept people from asking him questions, and it kept the small group of people he cared about from worrying too. He watches as Yrsa looks down at Alva's head next and say “I think I can work with this,” to her. Making Alva squeal in excitement. He loved seeing his sweet baby girl happy and excited. Bjarni knew he was going to have to pay close attention as Yrsa braids his daughters hair, but hopefully he will be able to do it on his own next time Alva wants braids in her hair.

Yrsa goes on to say “I’ve got some things for you from Kattegat too. Garth wanted me to pass a couple things along, and I may have gotten bored one afternoon and spent a lot of money I probably shouldn’t have.” to him and Bjarni lets out a laugh and shakes his head. The two siblings were always spoiling his daughter. Something he was so grateful for, and felt bada about at the same time. "You two are going to make her a monster, but thank you so much." he tells her first."I mean that, you two are great to me and my daughter." he says to her next with another smile. He watches as she starts to walk over to get things to do Alva's hair. “So, braids? Is that what I’m hearing? Anything more specific?” Yrsa ask and Bjarni shrugs his shoulders. "Asking the wrong person, I know nothing at all about hair. All she says is braids to me." he says to her with another half laugh. As on queue. Alva goes on to yell "BRAIDS" at them. Making Bjarni laugh again.

Back to top Go down

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A helping hand - Yrsa A helping hand - Yrsa  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Yrsa laughed at Bjarni’s answer to her question. “You certainly did,” she answered but winked and shook her head quickly so there was no mistaking her reply as serious. The man had enough problems, she didn’t want to add her teasing to the list. “Don’t worry, Alva, I’ll fix everything,” she told the little girl with a very serious nod. Her hair was certainly no laughing matter.

When the shipbuilder said he wasn’t hungry, Yrsa smiled at his thanks, and grabbed a second plate to spoon out some of her food for Alva. Yrsa didn’t want any hungry toddlers who were also cranky because their father’s messed up their hair on her hands.

Bjarni answered her question about Skagerrak while she was away, and Yrsa leaned down to plant a loud and extremely exaggerated kiss on Alva’s cheek when he told her the two year old had missed her. “I missed you too! It was no fun at all without you,” she told the little girl, grinning wide at her. She was adorable, and Yrsa didn’t think it was just a bias toward her friend that made her say so. There were ugly babies in the world, but Alva was not one of them.

She told Alva she could handle the mess her father had made of her hair, and Yrsa couldn’t help but laugh at her squeal of excitement. Bjarni shook his head when he heard she & Garth had maybe gone a bit overboard when it came to presents for Alva, but Yrsa just shrugged at him and grinned at his thanks. “She’s like her favorite aunt,” Yrsa announced calmly, “already a monster!” And then she threw her hands up to form claws and made a growly face at the toddler, who copied her immediately, before erupting into giggles.

Once it was established that Alva wanted BRAIDS! In her hair, Yrsa got to work with the comb, detangling the mess that Bjarni had created. Making quick work of it, she finally brushed Alva’s hair out and turned towards her friend when she was ready to start on the braids. “Do you want me to show you how to braid?” That would take a bit longer, but she wasn’t busy. And then he’d be able to take care of this on his own, which Yrsa assumed was something he’d prefer.
Back to top Go down

Bjarni Dagsson
Bjarni Dagsson
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: A helping hand - Yrsa A helping hand - Yrsa  EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 pm

When his good friend told him “You certainly did,” when he asked if he had messed his daughters hair up badly. He just let out a little sign and rubbed the back of his head. He had tired, wasn't that what mattered? Well no he already knew the answer to that and that was why he had come here in the first place. He had needed her help and his daughter wanted her hair braided “Don’t worry, Alva, I’ll fix everything,” he hears Yrsa say to his daughter and Bjarni smiles. "Thank the gods for you Yrsa" he says to her before shaking his head as he watches his little one run around all excited. It was always nice to watch her interact with Yrsa or Inkeri. His daughter was lucky that her mother had, had such great friends who loved her so much. He himself was lucky that they put up with him as much as they did. He was sure it wasn't fun to put up with a father who was borderline depressing to be around all the time. Even if he did his best to hide those feelings and thoughts from them when he was around them. Bjarni knew that despite his best efforts the people that were closest to him could see right through his act with them. Even if they didn't always comment on it, he knew that they knew.  He watches as child grabs some of the food and eats it, but is to excited to sit down and eat just yet.

He tells Yrsa that his little Alva had missed her, and he smiles at the exchange he watches the two of them do. “I missed you too! It was no fun at all without you,” Yrsa had said after she kissed his daughters face. His little princess smiled up at Yrsa and was very happy with that answer. That things had been no fun without her. Bjarni then watched as his daughter ran around excitedly. He comments that his two best friends were going to make Alva a monster. “She’s like her favorite aunt,” Yrsa says to him first and he raises his eyebrow at her “already a monster! was her next statement before he watched both her and his daughter make monster sounds. "At least she is a cute little monster then I suppose." he says to them both before laughing. "Ugly monsters are scary." he adds in next before winking at Alva. "good thing there aren't any here. Daddy would be scared" he says next with a smile.

Bjarni watched as Yrsa got the things ready and brushed Alva's hair. He was making sure to watch closely, so he could do it on his own. “Do you want me to show you how to braid?” he hears her say and he nods his head. "Yes please, I get the feeling she will want braids again. So I need to know how to do it on my own I think." he tells her with a sheepish smile as he looks to his child that is nodding her head at him. She was too smart for her own good sometimes he swore. "See, she agrees. So unless you want to move in and give your life up to braiding her hair...I need to learn how to do this." Bjarni says with a smile. "How are you by the way? How was your travels and things?" he asks her as he watches her hands closely. Wanting to make sure he misses nothing. "I think Alva and I will come with next time you go to see Garth. So she can see new places and because I miss my best friend." he adds in to her next.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: A helping hand - Yrsa A helping hand - Yrsa  Empty

Back to top Go down
A helping hand - Yrsa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1