Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 150
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Uddevalla

Knife's Edge [Ivar] Empty
PostSubject: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Thora's been in Kattegat for a while now, and she's decided that maybe it's time to have a weapon that was made here. Not a sword, of course, she has her father's sword and she will never replace it. And not her axes, because they were made for her in Uddevalla, and they fit her hand better than any other weapon would anyway. But a knife would be fine, or maybe a short sword. She belts her sword to her left hip and an ax on her right and sets off to the blacksmith. If she shows him the blade she already carries, maybe he can craft its little sister. Then she'll have a weapon from Kattegat, a short sword to come up beneath a shield. A short-sword is easier for the shield wall anyway, although she prefers her axes in those types of situations. But maybe if she had a good short-sword, she would use that instead. She's happy as she heads to the blacksmith's shop. She's never been to Kattegat's blacksmith before, but she's heard he's from Uddevalla. At least she knows, then, that his weapons will be strong. She thinks maybe it doesn't count if a blacksmith from Uddevalla makes her short-sword, but she waves that thought off. If it's made in Kattegat, then it's a weapon from Kattegat. The matter is settled in her mind.

She's cheerful as she enters the forge, her steps springy and energetic, and the handful of colorful beads braided into her blond hair gleam as they catch the light cast by the forge. She spots the blacksmith at work and gives him a bright smile and a short wave. He nods in return, and when he sets his work aside and steps over to her she greets him. "My name's Thora. I was wondering if you could make me a short-sword? The little sister to my long-blade." Her manner of speaking about weapons is familiar and affectionate, almost as if they're family. She takes the sword from her hip, sheath and all, and hands it to the blacksmith for him to inspect. He takes his time looking over the blade, hands it back to her with a smile, and tells her he can do it. When he asks if it's an Uddevallan blade, she nods. "It was my father's. I'm from Uddevalla. But you can make her a little sister?" He assures her again that he can, and Thora gives him a grateful grin as she belts the sword back to her hip.
Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

PROFIELMessages : 93
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : The Boneless
Place of birth : Kattegat

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 7:36 pm

If I had a heart I could love you ,
If I had a voice I would sing.

He was hanging over the table, his finger on the dagger that sat pinned down in the wood while his distinct blue eyes followed his brother through the great hall. He got a mood … because of Ubbe and that big ridiculous smile on his lips. Ivar turned the dagger, putting a whole in the table with every turn it made, still gazing his brother as he talked with his mother. Normally he could irritate Ubbe by gazing but it didn’t work and he clenched his teeth together, frustrated by the matter as he looked his mother walk out. Ubbe turned around, giving his brother a look, for a moment he thought the speech would come but the only thing he got was Ubbe rubbing his hand through his hair, leaving Ivar groaning, pinching that dagger even further in the table, rolling his eyes as Ubbe walked out, all cheerful.

It took him a while, before he dragged he feet away from the table and let himself fall from the table to the ground, dragging his cripple ass outside to get irritated about daily life even more. Ivar felt eager on doing something, he felt useless just being here, training for a fight that wouldn’t come if it laid upon his mother. And now Björn ran away, he chuckled on the thoughts, dragging himself through the streets to the blacksmith.

It was the only place nobody judged, he came there for already so long, practical every day to sharp his weapons incase something came up worth killing over. When he set his hands in the doorway of the smith he fell still on the name, looking up to the blond girl standing there talking to the blacksmith himself. Ivar shove his tongue over his teeth, that instant smug grin on his face as he listened to what she had to tell. ‘A little sister hmm.’ He chuckles in a way, dragging himself more inside, letting his eyes rest on the weapons before he looked back up to her. ‘Don’t you do already enough damage.’ He said, titling his head with that distinct temper in his eyes. He places his hands on a seat, pulling himself on to it without leaving her out of his sight. He finally got her for him alone and was he eager to that that so called Uddevalla temper of her out.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 9:52 pm

If she was less disciplined, she would have jumped at the sound of the voice beside her. As it is, she'd felt the eyes on her, a warrior's instinct honed from years of fighting, and so she wasn't surprised when the other person spoke up. It was a voice she'd never heard before, and Thora turned from the blacksmith to find the newcomer, still buckling the belt around her waist. She watched as the young man pulled himself into a seat, her eyes narrowed. She'd seen him before, at the harvest feast, sitting at the high table. She knew a son of Ragnar was crippled in this manner, that he crawled around the town instead of walking. And she knew he was the youngest, Ivar. When she'd said something to Ubbe about one of his brothers disliking her, he'd assumed she meant Ivar. What did that say about his character? Thora had half-hoped she'd be able to avoid Ubbe's youngest brother, but it seemed the gods didn't wish that. Besides, she muses, she would probably have to meet him eventually anyway, if her and Ubbe carried on their current situation.

That was why she was so cheerful today. Thora had finally come to terms with her own feelings, had finally realized she was falling in love with Ubbe. And he'd told her he felt the same. She carried the memory of his lips on her skin, of his body warm against hers, like a sun that warms her and cheers her up from within. That was why there was a smile on her face even as her eyes narrowed at her lover's youngest brother. "Long-swords need little sisters. Short blades are better for the shield wall." She explains impatiently, expecting him to already know that. Unless they don't fight that way in Kattegat? But when shields are pressed against enemy shields close as lovers, the deadlier blade is the short-sword, hacking up from beneath the shield, to embed itself in an enemy's groin and rip up into his belly. There isn't enough room to swing a long blade in close-packed shield walls.

She's just about to open her mouth, to explain this further to him just in case Kattegat doesn't fight the same way as Uddevalla, when he speaks again. Her bright green eyes narrow further, the smile melting from her face, and an annoyed look taking its place. She puts her hands on her hips, matching his surly attitude with nothing but sass. "In case you haven't realized, your brothers are grown men who can make their own decisions. And as for causing damage," the grin she gives him is tinged with something almost savage, an answer to the temper in his striking blue eyes. "What good is a harmless shield maiden?" She raises her brows, not really expecting an answer to her question, but feeling like this conversation is going to be about as pleasant as trying to reason with an angry bear.
Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Thora, that woman did a lot of things with the Ragnarssons. He kept his promise on making that Harvest feast not to boldly but clearly he wasn’t the one who needed the warning. He had sit there, lurking from over the table as Björn ripped Ubbe away from her. And did he enjoyed the drama of that, Björn with the axe, Ubbe for a complete second scared of the possible outcomes. It was so much fun from out of his point of view, sparking all his interest how a shield maiden out of Uddevalla could do this amount of damage in one night. And now Björn had run away, something even more amusing. Looking at her he knew he had to know, he licked his lips on the thoughts, scouting her body before she even noticed him being here behind her.

When their eyes met the corners of his lips traveled dangerously slow up, intrigued by the confident in her eyes. Looking at her he knew why Ubbe was so irritating cheerful this morning. He almost had the urge to roll his eyes but then she started to speak and he just looked at her, his head tilting a little to the side as he watched her lips move, stating that short blades were better in the shield wall. He tapped his fingers into his lap, nodding on what she was saying. The black smith was looking fort and back, giving Ivar a short warning look that made him chuckle a little, looking back to Thora. ‘So you actually know that from doing so or just from hearing the better ones talking?’ He asked her, almost mocking her. He shouldn’t, she was way older then him, he was the one with experience. But what did he care.

Seeing that smile melt from her face made him giggle on the inside. He didn’t show it but he was so much amused by this. Probably Ubbe would hate him if he gets word from this. But it was a fact, being around Ubbe was being around Ivar and that just would boil her blood knowing he wouldn’t give her much rest every time she was around. He pulled out his dagger and turned a little to get it sharpened, not leaving her out of his sight. When she stated that his brothers were old enough he threw his head back and started laughing. ‘You think they are,’ he stated with a sarcastic grin, pointing his dagger over her body. ‘and here they are fighting over a woman.’ He giggled almost, turning his eyes back to his dagger, laying it on the stone before starting to sharpen it before stopping again, looking thoughtful back to her. ‘I’m curious tho, what makes you so special they both want to,’ he felt silent, chuckling, biting his lip as he looked back down to the blade, turning the stone over so it would sharpen his blade. 'Thora,' he kicked his dagger against his temple, remembering her name out loud. Amused with his own thoughts his blue eyes slowly looked over to her now and then, eager on getting an reaction.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Thora was determined to hold on to her good mood, but it seemed the youngest Ragnarsson before her was just as determined to make her lose her temper. Her green eyes darken, hands still resting on her hips, and she knows he's just trying to get a reaction out of her. She knows, and yet something about him just irritates her in a way she doesn't understand. She knows he's going to win this conversation simply because he's so obnoxious, and he's questioning her. She's a shieldmaiden, her reputation is very important to her, and this unblooded boy is questioning her. Her eyebrows lower in a frown, her bright green eyes darkening, and her hands are still resting on her slim hips as she retorts. She knows perhaps she should bite her tongue, and yet she finds it nearly impossible. She didn't even hold back when Bjorn, a seasoned warrior, questioned her, and so why should she hold back for the spoiled youngest son, untested boy that he is? "When you've actually seen a battle, then you can question me. Until then, your opinions don't matter to me." Her face is mostly blank except for the annoyance in her eyes.

She watches as he begins to sharpen the knife, and she can't help but note he seems very familiar with the weapon. He clearly knows how to care for it, and that's something she can grudgingly respect about him. His laughter at her statement annoyed her again, though she shows no outward signs of it. She isn't surprised when he points the knife at her, gesturing over her body, and she feels his sharp gaze on her. She doesn't waver beneath it, only meets his gaze with a steely one of her own as he looks her over. She knows they're testing each other, and she's determined not to be the one to show weakness first. He speaks and immediately turns back to sharpening the knife, almost as if he's dismissing her. She hates that statement, and yet she can't deny the truth of it. She hates that she seems to be the cause of a fight between Ubbe and Bjorn, hates that she seems to bring some painful memories to Bjorn's mind, and is angry that he would even consider pulling an axe on his own brother. She bites her tongue, not saying anything to that remark, knowing somehow Ivar will sniff out that weakness and use it against her, but she feels too guilty to even defend herself.

She only snorts as Ivar continues, saying he's curious about what makes her so special, and her laugh is bitter as she shakes her head. "There's nothing special about me, I'm just a shieldmaiden from Uddevalla." She doesn't add that maybe that's what makes her so intriguing. She fights differently, she thinks a bit differently about battle, her weapons are crafted a bit differently. Maybe it's that slight otherness that makes her so intriguing, or maybe it's the vulnerability she refuses to show Ivar that draws his brothers to her. Maybe she'll never know what it is. If she truly cared to know, she could ask Ubbe, but she doesn't want to know, not really. She's afraid that asking questions will reveal a pain in Bjorn's past that's better left untouched. She watches as he points the dagger at his temple, seemingly pleased at his ability to remember her name. She tilts her head to the side a bit, raising her brows, and responds immediately with his name, a taunting, challenging note to her voice. "Ivar." She feels the blacksmith looking between the two of them as if he fears bloodshed, but Thora doesn't care.
Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 12:09 pm

In the little moment his eyes got away from her face he looked to the weapons she was wearing around her hips. Uddevalla weapons were distinct other then those from Kattegat. If they were better, he wouldn’t judge until he had one of them in his own hand, preferably if he could actually fighting or kill something with it. Where he was quick to judge for was her, a woman, a shield maiden fighting in the shield wall. He knew victorious woman and he didn’t always liked him. His mother couldn’t fight, she couldn’t properly rule either so he wasn’t all to found about woman as the gods maybe wanted him to. ‘Aaah.’ He nodded on her words. ‘I will keep that in mind.’ He gave in, looking to the annoyance with the amusement in his own eyes. At least she didn’t state that he wasn’t capable for a fight, with his legs. Maybe she knew her place after all.

Sharpening weapons was one of the daily things he did, certainly the dagger from his father. Ivar was always in a way prepared to fight, you wouldn’t find a weapon on his body that wasn’t ready for a kill, that wasn’t sharpen for a hunt. And every time he did it he wanted it so badly, to feel that rush, to boil his blood in the heat of battle, to stand behind that shield wall, to have man protecting him, to command armies bigger then the once there already were.

When he talked he could see the frustration almost pour from her body down as he so carefully wheeled his dagger again. And she doesn’t reply, she doesn’t defend the fact that both his brothers were fools and childish to fight over a woman. A slow smile crawled on his lips, a little bend over to his dagger he slowly looked aside to her. ‘Not arguing?’ He asked joyful, almost satisfied about the accomplishment. ‘Pity.’ He whispered, opening his mouth with a soft laugh, looking back to his dagger as he continued to perfect it. When she stated she was just a shieldmaiden out of Uddevalla he nodded, looking back aside to her. ‘Just a shieldmaiden out of Uddevalla.’ He repeated her words, arching her back. ‘So you don’t questioning the argument between my brothers?’ He asked, pointing his dagger fort and back like Björn and Ubbe stood here to. ‘You’re not curious to what makes them fight over just a shieldmaiden out of Uddevalla?’ He followed, pressuring the last words. He frowned his eyes, waiting for her to answer. Hearing his name over her lips push his chin up, chuckling slowly on the sound of his own name. ‘is that all?’ He asked amused, challenging her to push it further, to push her on saying his real name … the boneless.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 pm

There's a part of Thora that understands why he's pushing her this way, why he wants to see exactly how much he can get away with, how far he can push her before she snaps. She understands because she can be the same way sometimes, headstrong and arrogant, and she hates seeing those parts of herself reflected back at her and being used against her. She's annoyed that anything about her personality could be so similar to this sullen prince's, and so she's pushing him back, trying to see which one will snap first while knowing that this will not end well. She knows neither of them are going to back down, that this talk will just keep escalating and escalating, and that her and Ivar will probably never enjoy each other's company. She's fine with that, just as long as he doesn't win all the time, and maybe that's what it comes down to. They act similar sometimes, with the challenging and testing people, because they're both driven to prove that they're the best. They're competitive, and both hate losing. They will never have easy discussions, only competitions. But maybe sometimes competition is what makes you stronger.

She's pleased that he concedes her one point, that he won't question her until he's at least seen a battle, and decides that maybe for now, she'll relent a bit. That maybe not all of their discussions will be battles. But then he's speaking again, asking her if she isn't going to argue, and she only shrugs as he whispers that it's a pity. She hears the soft laugh fall from his mouth and has to suppress the urge to sigh in frustration. "What is the point of arguing? You are right, a shield maiden out of Uddevalla is a foolish reason for brothers to fight." He continues and she tilts her head, considering him as she watches him sharpen the knife. "There's no need to wonder why. Bjorn started it, I know I remind him of someone long gone. It is not my place to ask. And Ubbe..." She trails off for a second, shrugging, before she continues again. "Well, it wasn't much of a fight, was it? Maybe you didn't see the whole thing, but I stepped between them. The fight was over before it started, thank the gods."

She watches the stubborn way he raises his chin as she says his name, her head tilted and hands on her hips, the challenging note in her voice. There was a challenge in his voice, too, when he asked her if that was all. She knows what he's pushing her toward, but she doesn't want to give him the satisfaction. She knows what they call him, the title his father gave him at his birth. Everyone knows it, but she refuses to give him the satisfaction of calling him that. It's a title that he's embraced, that he can draw strength from, and she doesn't want him to have the upper hand. Her face settles into a stubborn expression, arms crossing over her chest, and she raises her eyebrows as she speaks. "Prince Ivar?" The challenging note is still in her voice, and she knows she's being foolish. She knows Ubbe will probably be annoyed at both of them when he hears about this, but she can't back down from this. She'll never live it down if she does, because then Ivar will know he can walk all over her, and she is not a woman to be taken lightly. She is a shield maiden, and full of pride. She knows it will get her into trouble, but she can't back down now.
Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 11:55 am

Ivar saw it as his duty to push everybody for everybody pushed him. If everybody was so quick to judge him, then why couldn’t he to the same. Thora was here from Uddevalla, one thing he learned and judged about right away. He did gave her the chance to change that judgement he had, that is why he was pushing her, that is why he wanted to know everything. Maybe he would like her if he was done with sharpening his weapons. Maybe he would approve of her being here … like he was already a king to decide that. While Ubbe so madly felt for her he took it upon himself to figure out why she was here. For all they knew she was a spy slithering her way into Kattegat and his defenses. Maybe she was the first attack of a future raid Uddevalla would take. And in that mindset Ubbe did a very poorly job in defending Kattegat. His cheerful mood proved that and by looking at her it only pointed out the obvious, she wrapped Ubbe around her finger, not the other way around.

He didn’t had to say a thing and she started to spill everything to his big surprise. Really, he sat there with an satisfying smile on his face for he wanted to hear exact that out of her mouth. How Ubbe and Björn fought over something out of the past. ‘Yes I saw. So heroic from you to step in between.’ He mocked, remembering the looks those brothers changed, it wasn’t pretty. But like he thought she didn’t knew a thing about it, about what happened there in the past. Ivar assembled all the details in the conversations he heard, his own memories but it wasn’t much. And he wasn’t satisfied until he knew the whole sorry. ‘You don’t know, about,’ he leaned a little closer. ‘the girl in the past.’ He whispered, like he just confessed a big secret before turning his dagger and looking down to it. ‘I wouldn’t thank the gods just yet.’ He muttered, pointing his attention back to sharpening the blade. ‘Who knows what they have in store.’ He followed, giving her a promising look. If she thought this would be the end … she was so wrong. They all could silence the subject but Ivar wanted to know so he would be the one urging the fire to keep burning in all of them.

As soon as he saw the stubborn note in her face he knew he wouldn’t get what he wanted, his real title. Instead she just called him the prince and he tilted his head, pointing his dagger over to her for a moment. ‘Right!’ He said. ‘And you are just a shield maiden.’ He stated, arching his back, smiling arrogant. ‘So you better keep in mind who is standing above you. You think Ubbe will stop me?’ He asked her seriously before dropping a soft smile and getting back to his blade. He would get her to the edge one way or the other.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Her good mood is quickly evaporating under Ivar's piercing blue eyes and his insistence on pushing her further. Thora is glad Ubbe is the first son of Ragnar she'd met, because if she'd met Bjorn or Ivar first she might have just gone back to Uddevalla and taken her chances with her ex-husband. But instead she met Ubbe and swore to fight alongside him, and then she met Bjorn who told her the shield wall was no place for a girl like her, and now she's met Ivar who seems intent on pushing the limits of her temper. She tries to remind herself that he's nearly ten years younger than her, that she has the experience of years of training and years of fighting; and that he's the youngest and crippled son of a man who's nearly a legend. She tries to remind herself that being Ivar must not be an easy thing, but that stubborn tilt of his chin and the challenging look in his piercing eyes make her forget all that because he seems to know exactly what to say to make her angry.

He mocks the way she stepped between his brothers and finally she gives in to the anger he fuels in her, her eyebrows raising as she takes a step forward. "Bjorn could have killed Ubbe, and you think this is funny? Do you think other people live only for your amusement, little Ivar?" She shakes her head and gives him a look of disgust, and she doesn't bother continuing. She doesn't bother telling him that she would die for Ubbe without a second's hesitation, because why does this sullen little brat deserve to know what's in her heart? She shakes her head as he continues. "I do not want to know about the girl in the past." He may be able to taunt her in other ways, but she isn't going to rise to that bait. He'll have to try a different approach if he wants to get a reaction out of her. She doesn't answer when he tells her they never know what the gods have in store, because he's right and she will never admit aloud that he's right.

His next words drive her to a new level of anger, and it seems he's figured out how to get a reaction out of her after all. He only needs to question her prowess or her reputation, or he only needs to bring uo Ubbe. Her bright green eyes narrow and she takes a half-step toward him, one hand going to her hip to trail lightly over the edge of the axe hanging on her right hip, and she shakes her head. The beads braided in her hair catch the light from the forge as she shakes her head, and her voice is soft, soft to match his, when she speaks. "I can stop you myself. And leave Ubbe out of this. I swore to fight alongside him before I knew he was a son of Ragnar. I faced an axe for him, and I would face a thousand more. You do not understand how to inspire loyalty in people, only how to push them away. You would do well, to learn from Ubbe." Her finger is still tracing lightly over the head of her axe, and her voice stayed soft through her entire speech despite her narrowed, angry green eyes.
Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 am

Ivar didn’t care, about anything really. He didn’t care that she was so much elder, he didn’t care she carried weapons, he didn’t care about the fact they were at the blacksmith his shop and that the man was looking in between them with almost rolling eyes … almost. It wasn’t the first time Ivar picked a fight here, he was here often and people came around. With Ivar loving on pushing limits the blacksmith wasn’t all that surprised that he had to taunt a new shield maiden that came from Uddevalla to begin with. Yet, he didn’t like it … but Ivar didn’t care. He was ignorant, thinking he stood above everybody else just because he was wanted to prove himself, what he wasn’t doing in this situation. Still it amused him, why would he stop when he was having fun getting all the details out of her.

His eyebrows raise slightly when he saw her finally give in to the anger she started producing in his company. That was rather easy and he smiled, looking down while she spoke her words. He was laughing softly until the laugh died in hardly a second and his face become flat from every amusement on her words “little Ivar”. His eyes slowly went up from the dagger in his hands to her, blue piercing eyes stormy with an anger everybody here knew all to familiar. A softly dry chuckle left his lips as he twisted his neck a little, like he cracked it. ‘Thora,’ he started, clenching his teeth while taking a deep breath. His voice sounded as dark as his eyes looked in the moment. ‘Björn wouldn’t kill Ubbe, Ubbe wouldn’t kill Björn, guess you are not long enough here to know that, but me,’ he threw the dagger slightly up, catching it back at the tip of it, sharp edges resting in his hand while he pointed the handle of that dagger to her. ‘I’m not that good in controlling that anger, I do really stupid things when I’m angry.’ He hissed low between his teeth. “Ivar.” The smith called out. Ivar looked shortly away from Thora to the blacksmith who gave him a warning look. He took a new deep breath, clenching his teeth as he looked back to Thora. ‘You want to say that again?’ He challenged her. He was so close on given her that dagger his father always carried around, so close because she stepped his toes, calling him little when all he wanted to be was great and powerful.

She said she didn’t wanted to know and he knew for sure she wanted to, but his anger caught up with him wherefore he forget the subject and tried on pushing his attention back to sharpening his weapons. What was really hard for him given he rather fought her then actually taking care of his weapons. When she said she was able to stop him myself he looked to his one shoulder over to her in a slow way. When she got further, telling all the goods things about his elder brother he softly chuckled, still low and angry. ‘The only thing there is to learn from Ubbe is the way to get ten girls at one week in your bed,’ he felt silent and looked over to her. ‘He may love you, that love will cloud his judgement. Then he will do stupid things, get himself in danger, get you in danger, get everybody in danger and everybody will fall back for him.’ He ticked the dagger against his head. ‘You think I care about loyalty? If I go out there and make a plan that brings us all victory, you think they will look at Ubbe who loves a shield maiden out of Uddevalla? No, they will look at me, because I gave them things he couldn’t.’ That were a lot words in one time but he meant every single one of them. Ivar didn’t care about loyalty, he cared about the plans that would bring victory and there was nothing Ubbe could do about that.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Thora isn't afraid of dying. She knows that when she dies the Valkyries will carry her home, and she'll spend ages drinking and fighting until the end of the world. And when the world dies, she will spill forth from the doors of Odin's great hall with the other warriors to fight in that final great battle, and that last time when she falls from a spear or sword-wound, there will be no rising again. She does not fear death, but she does not want to die in a blacksmith shop at the hands of a bratty teenager, either. She wants to die in a rush of blood, with a battle-cry on her lips, dragging other warriors to Valhalla with her. She had known calling him little would get a reaction out of him, but he seemed intent on getting a reaction out of her, so fair is fair. He's chuckling as she speaks, but it dies immediately as soon as she calls him little, and frankly she isn't surprised by the way his eyes darken and the menacing tone of his voice when he says her name.

There's no mistaking the threat in his words, but all she does is raise an eyebrow at him. "Do you think I'm some slave-girl that you can terrify, Ivar? I'm not afraid of that anger in you. I want to see you unleash it." She raises her arms, spreading them out to the sides, leaving her torso completely vulnerable should he chose to throw the knife. She only looks at him, brows raised, her chin raised defiantly, and the blacksmith is sputtering something in the background about how her sword will be ready early next week. He's clearly trying to get her to leave before Ivar follows through on his threat, but Thora can't back down from a challenge like this. She shakes her head just once, pointing a finger at him before she lowers her hands to her sides. "I thank the gods I came to Kattegat, because when you do snap, I don't want to be on the opposite side of a battlefield from you." She dislikes Ivar, but she lets the grudging admiration creep into her voice anyway. There's something about him that makes her blood run cold, something that tells her that he's going to be a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield, and that's something she can't overlook. She's just annoyed it has to come in such an obnoxious package.

He continues on, throwing Ubbe in her face again, and again she shakes her head. "And what will you do after you give them victory? Uddevalla is ruled by a man who gives his people victory, and still his people leave. You need not only strategies, but loyalty. Warriors will not care how good your plans are, if you are a ruthless leader. The warrior who fears his own lord will not fight bravely enough to bring him victory. Why do you think people leave Uddevalla, hmm? Dislike me all you want, I certainly do not like you. But if you want to be wise, you will realize that what I'm saying has truth to it, and you will learn to make warriors love you, to make them want to fight for you, and then you will be unstoppable." She pauses to lock her bright green eyes on his before she continues. "Love makes warriors unafraid to die. It makes us ready to sacrifice ourselves. That is the strength of the shield wall, to love the one fighting next to you. So you can say that loving each other will make Ubbe and I weak, but we will prove you wrong." Thora has fought in the shield wall, she knows the trust and the love it takes to place your wellbeing in the hands of the warrior standing next to you, because when the shield splinters on your arm and the shield wall collapses, when there is no hope of victory, warriors must fight for each other. She's been in such a shield wall. She carries the scar on her sword-arm, and the splintered shield hangs on the wall of her house.
Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 am

The next time he would see her it would probably when she was around Ubbe and he asked himself how amusing that would be. It was not that he hated his brother for having happiness it was just … that he hated his brother for having happiness, no different. Ivar was used on seeing others having the happy life they always dreamed of, that was why he was prying on it so much. But seeing his brothers like that … he just couldn’t have it. He just had to be the mischief trying to make things turn. It wasn’t nice, surly Ubbe would tell him that if Thora told him about this. But would she? Would she tell Ubbe? In both situations he knew what he could do, he could taunt his brother by saying Thora didn’t trust him with this or he could say Thora was a complainer for going to Ubbe with it. Either way, having them together would be as much a challenge as it was now, certainly if Ubbe had to pick a side … surly he would pick Thora her side. That thought angered him as he watched to the woman standing there. She was beautiful, a fighter and loyal, things he would never have in life.

She was not afraid of the anger in him. He opened his lips, a soft chuckle leaving them as she exposed her chest for him. He slowly looked down to the dagger. It would be one swift throw, he would hit her right in her heart. His blue eyes were brewing with such a eagerness to do so, looking to her chest, to the perfect place he could hit her. ‘You don’t know me Thora.’ He said, leaning closer to her, yet there was still to much distance between them. ‘You think everything I’m saying,’ he pointed to himself. ‘is a bluff.’ He chuckled, clenching his teeth as he pulled his arm back and threw that dagger. He wasn’t aiming for her heart, he was aiming just above her shoulder to the wall. In that way he didn’t hit her, he only graced her collarbone slightly, depending on how protect her shoulders were. He opened his hands, cocking his head. ‘Why do people always challenge me.’ He wasn’t proving anything. Yet he didn’t hesitate and that was all Ivar … you didn’t wanted to make him angry, because he never hesitated, exactly what he showed her now. Yet her words had been admiring and Ivar looked her right in her eyes, at thread lingering just underneath. The corner of his lips cocked a little up, accepting her words as they were, yes, nobody wanted to stand on the other side of Ivar when he snapped.

The blacksmith grabbed that dagger out of the wall and gave it back. ‘Go argue somewhere else.’ He pointed outside but Ivar just stubbornly shook his head. ‘We are having so much fun.’ He shrugged, smiling as he turned his eyes back to Thora. She started talking about loyalty and Ivar just looked down to his dagger, pretending like he wasn’t paying attention to anything she said. She was talking about love and loyalty and things he probably wouldn’t understand until he stood on the battlefield himself. ‘Are you done?’ He asked when she stopped talking, what was it with woman and there talking all the time? He pointed his dagger between him and her. ‘That was a nice speech, really, I will try to remember it. In the meantime,’ he felt silent, turning the dagger from his father around in his hand, thinking back to the man from who this dagger was. ‘let me prove you wrong. You think I’m just a cripple, hmm?’ He chuckled, turning away from her to get back to sharpening. ‘So wrong.’ He muttered, smiling devious, all wrapped up in his own mind for there was no way, she would get to be right.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 5:55 am

Thora simply doesn't understand how two brothers can be so different. The only thing even remotely similar about them was the bright blue of their eyes, and maybe Ivar would be tall like Ubbe if his legs weren't twisted, but that's something she'll never know. The similarities end with their eyes. Where Ubbe is kind, patient, loyal, and quick to smile; Ivar is vicious and angry, and she's never seen him smile, only smirk. Ubbe is grounded. He knows he's a man of Midgard. But Ivar, she thinks, reckons himself closer to the gods of Asgard. She only hopes that arrogance doesn't call the wrath of the gods down on Kattegat. She wouldn't mind so much if the wrath of the gods was called down on Ivar himself--it might be good for him to be humbled. But if his arrogance caused a tragedy in Kattegat, if his cockiness made something bad happen to Ubbe.... She would not think twice about challenging him to a fight between the hazel rods. He deserved to be defeated, to be reminded that he is mortal. Thora, of course, happily ignores the fact that she is just as arrogant as Ivar. She deserves to be arrogant because she's proven herself, or at least that's how she reasons it in her own mind.

She raises her eyebrows at his little statement. Of course she knows him, she's known men just like him her entire life. Obviously the gods put him in the wrong place. He belongs in Uddevalla. She's expecting the dagger when it flies past her. She doesn't flinch, doesn't even take her eyes off him. She's only smiling faintly because he did almost exactly what she expected. "If I don't know you, why was I able to guess what you would do?" Her statement isn't an obvious challenge, more curiosity than anything. She genuinely wants to hear what he's going to say about this. She thinks she's won the argument, but some deeper part of her knows there can never be any winning with Ivar. But she has to try, because she can't make it easy for him. She laughs when Ivar asks why people always challenge him, she can't help it. His statement is so ludicrous, so insane, there can be no other response. "Maybe because you challenge them first?" Her tone is one that might be used when explaining something to a child. Maybe she should be more careful, but he already threw a knife at her. What more could he do?

She watches as the blacksmith pulls the dagger from the wall and hands it back to Ivar. If she were the blacksmith, she wouldn't have given it back, but maybe he trusts Ivar more than she does. If he does, well, that's his mistake. She's not surprised Ivar isn't listening because he's a stubborn little prick, but she's still infuriated by his obvious lack of respect. "Clearly you didn't listen to anything I've said. I have never called you a cripple. I've never uttered the name people call you in the streets." She points an accusatory finger at him. "You think I do not know you? Perhaps that is true. What is also true is that you don't know me." She realizes that he probably thinks he knows her. She'll just have to prove him wrong.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Knife's Edge [Ivar] Knife's Edge [Ivar] Empty

Back to top Go down
Knife's Edge [Ivar]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1