Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

PROFIELMessages : 148
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : The Trickster
Place of birth : Skagen

Getting Answers-Ivar Empty
PostSubject: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 7:25 pm

As soon as she was sure that there was only one Ivar in the whole village she knew she would have to speak with the prince. It was something that made her a little nervous. For she wasn't going to talk to him about friendly things,no she was going to approach him and ask him if he knew anything that had happened with poor sweet Ylva. She had spoken about Ivar to Sofie, and so she knew he was someone of importance to Ylva. She had been told they were friends, and that Ylva had cared about the Ivar fellow. That was all she had been told, and then a little ways later Ylva was taken and her family was killed. They had hardly anything to go off of, and seeing as she was in Kattegat, she figured what would hurt in asking him. Sofie had just hoped that the Ivar Ylva had been talking about wasn't the prince. For she had heard rumors about him, that he had killed a little boy just because he hadn't been allowed to play. Of Course Sofie thought it was wrong they weren't letting him play in the first place, they had always had Ylva play with them when she was around and able to. You should never leave someone out because of the way they are born. It is not their fault, but of the gods. However it didn't make her feel any less nervous to go up to him to speak to him.

Sofie had seen Ivar before, when they first got there, so she knew what he looked like. That was at least a little helpful when she decided that it was time to go and talk to him. She waited until one of the rare moments when Haskell, Hankon, and Henrik let her go out and do stuff on her own before she went to look for him. It only took a few questions, followed by weird looks, from people to find out that he was out on the field training. Sofie understood that they were going on a raid soon, so it made sense to her that he would want to be out there and making himself stronger before going. With his legs the way they were, his arms needed to be stronger then others. She wasn't sure how he even planed to be able to fight, but she would never say that or ask. For if it was the gods will, he would be able to do anything that they wanted him to be able to do. That was the way her father had raised her, and that was how she looked at things. The gods were in control of many things in your life, and it was up to you to do with what they gave you, and the troubles they set in front of you.

Sofie arrived and waited until the training field was empty and it was just Ivar and herself out there. Maybe not the best idea in her life, but she figured he would like it better if she spoke to him about this kind of stuff on her own, and instead of in front of people. Walking over toward him, she made sure to speak to him first, so she wouldn't scare him or startle him. "Hello Prince Ivar." Sofie says to him first. Making sure to give him a bright smile as she walked over to him. "My name is Sofie, we saw each other when I arrived with the group from Skagen" she says to him next before giving another smile. Making sure to be polite and calm, she had her sword if she needed it. However she hoped she wouldn't. Haskell would kill her if she got in a fight with a Prince, and so would Halfdan. "I was wondering if I could have just a moments of your time to talk about something important." she says to him next, but this time she doesn't smile. She wants him to know that she is serious, and not some silly little girl. Even though she was almost sure she was a little older than he was. "Once that is done, if you wish I will leave you alone again." she says to him last before crossing her arms over her own chest.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

PROFIELMessages : 93
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : The Boneless
Place of birth : Kattegat

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

If I had a heart I could love you ,
If I had a voice I would sing.

Ivar often wasn’t in a good mood, not like this. Ever since Aslaug announched that raid he got frustrated knowinghe couldn’t go. But here he was, proving them wrong once again. The feeling of power it gave him drove him in this mood, eager and with that dominant grinn on his face. Ivar spend his days in thjree ways. Or he was admiring Floki hid exceptional hands in crafting whatever he was making Ivar or he was in the blacksmith sharpening his weapons. If he wasn’t doing any of that then he was on a trainingsfield practicing. In that way when floki was done he could go on the raid without anybody stopping him.

The blacksmith had made him a set of small sharp knives, he could use them to stabb in close distance or throw them. Ivar sat on a treestump looking down to the sharp edges knives, turning them in the bitter sweet sunlight on this cold day. He looped his finger in the knife, twisting it around his finger with a approval smirk around his lips. He looked up to one of those stupid hay made dummies, not giving a damn for who stood close by or was even watching when he pulled his arm back and threw the knife. He hit the dummy right where he wanted it. He leaned back with a smile, tilting his head before looking down to the other knife. It was then that he heard a voice, calling him a prince. Ivar hardly looked up, piercing blue eyes piercing under his eyelashes to whoever was talking, a girl. He lifted his head as she talked again, introducing himself. He only raised his eyebrows lightly. ’And’ He asked neutral. He knew her. She came her with that Radningar from Skagen. But he hardly showed interest in her then, she was just a girl ... She got further, keeping descent and polite, asking him for some of his time. ’Why should I listen to what you have to say,’ he pointed with the other wise to her, looking over her body. ’Idon’t know you, just another girl out of Skagen right? Hmmm.’ He asked her amused. He wasn’t in a bad mood but everybody who knew him knew that could change rather quickly, yet he was curious to what she had to say...
//©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Sofie made sure to stand her ground while looking at him. She would not look weak in front of him right now.She needed him to give her enough attention to find out if he knew anything at all, and she was going to talk to him no matter what he said to her. She would follow after him if he tried to crawl away, but she hoped that he would be mature. For he was a prince, and it was not like she had been rude to him at all. She had made sure to be extra respectful then she normally would be even because he was a Prince. She noticed he hardly gave her any attention until she introduce herself to him. Something that annoyed her, very much. However she made sure not to let that show on her face when she heard him say ’And’ to her, like why should he care what her name was and who she was. Sofie made sure to just give him a smile and keep going on. Asking him politely for some of his time to speak to him. It was then, his next words that almost make her forget that he is a prince, almost. ’Why should I listen to what you have to say,’ he said to her first as he pointed one of his knifes toward her body before he looked her whole body over. Making it rather obvious and that just annoyed her more.

He wasn't done talking, for Ivar made sure to add in ’Idon’t know you, just another girl out of Skagen right? Hmmm.’ to her next. She guessed he had a small point with that, however he was going to listen to her if he liked it or not. Sofie could careless really. Taking a deep breath the next smile she gives him is much more fake. "Yes, I suppose that is true, you do not know me, and as a prince have very little reason to listen to me anyways." she tells him first before taking a small step close to him "But you should listen because as I said before, what I have to say to you is important, and I wont really be taking no for an answer." she says to him next before giving him a smirk and talking on rather quickly,so he wouldn't be able to interrupt her. "A girl in my village, her family was murdered and it appears that she was kidnapped." she tells him first before crossing her arms over her chest. "I already know you want to ask me why should you care, right? Well this girl is someone you know. Her name is Ylva Halvorsdóttir" she tells him next before taking another deep breath still watching his face and body for movement.

What she was going to say next could make him very mad, or upset. However she knew she needed to ask him."I want to know if you know anything about this, or if it was you who did it. Ylva said she made friends with a person named Ivar while she was here, she was rather excited about it, more excited about it then Ive ever seen before. You're the only Ivar here, so I am here to see what you know." she says to him as she watches his face for any sign of reaction. Sofie has been good at watching people for a long time, right now she can see he is keeping his face neutral, but she heard the rumors, and was ready to defend herself if she needed to.Nonetheless, she feels that if he has done nothing wrong at all, and he is this great friend Ylva made him out to be, he will not get mad, and he will get more worried. Sofie learned a long time ago, not to expect the answers and reactions you want from people, for you never know what is truly going on in someones head.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:13 am

She showed up, not scared, not intimidated, not even afraid to start talking to him. That lead to one conclusion, she didn’t know who he was. His eyes traveled up so dangerously slowly until they reached her bright eyes. Look at that, he almost laughed over the sight of that pure innocent look, like a little girl planning on picking some flowers. Ivar was always very quick to judge, especially woman. She was no different then all the rest he ever encountered. They thought they could handle stuff but on many levels they came to self-reflection and Ivar saying; I told you so. The amusement was right there in his eyes as she greeted him, saying she had important things to discuss. He had looked at her, in the corner of that great hall and she was hardly something, more like the slave beside the Radningar. But she wasn’t … she wouldn’t be here if she was. So he gave her the benefit of the doubt, eyes mocking the girl she was here before him.

When she started talking he chuckled, licking his lip as he looked back down to his knife. ‘Very true.’ He said, pointing his knife to her. ‘Very little reason.’ He replied, looking back up to her with those dangerous blue eyes of his. He squeezed them a little together as she got on, challenging him in a way she didn’t knew it could turn out badly. He wanted to open his mouth over it but she got on and he shut it, tilting his head like she was talking crazy. A girl … in her village, what did he care about some girl in a village. She evaluate him before he could even say something, not that it mattered, as soon as she said the name his whole face expression froze on the spot. Ylva … he didn’t thought to hear that name ever again. His blue eyes laid clued on the girl before him, not an inch of his emotions while his inside was disturbingly stormy. She was kidnapped? His memories flashed back to the last moment with her, that stupid kiss. He had looked how she sailed away from Kattegat, he forget her weeks after and now the name came back like this. His managed himself to get his eyes loose and looked back to the target where his knife was still plugged in.

Ylva … his jaw clenched as he listened to what she said further. A split second he needed to turn stone cold in the inside of his heart as he jerked his head back around to look at her. The girl hardly could see the emotions that name caused, he held it in, for her he was just sitting there, his distance usual self. It didn’t catch his ear that Ylva was excited about him, he kept hanging with her accusation of him kidnapping her. ‘Why would I do that? Hmm?’ He asked, flat, distant, cold even. ‘Yes, I met her on the harvest feast, I don’t care what she told you about me, you better start watching your mouth.’ He warned her, despite … he wasn’t angry, yet. He huffed, pulling his arm back to throw that knife, just an inch aside the other. ‘I have other ambitions then kidnapping a blind girl out of Skagen, beside, what would I do with her?’ He gestured to his legs, dragging himself from his place, crawling over to the knifes. If she didn’t know he was a cripple then she did now.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Sofie was annoyed by his words, that he was repeating her. ‘Very true.’ he said to her first followed by ‘Very little reason.’ after. She understood, she was a stranger in his land. She was not royal like he was, but she still had valid reason to be talking to him. To be here making him listen to her. A beautiful soul was missing, and she wanted to know what happened to Ylva. She was worried, and some days to seemed like she was the only one that cared. That everyone just figured she was dead like her family by now, or just didn't care. However she cared, and here was someone she could talk to and maybe get answers from. So she ignored him and his looks.Sofie pushed on with her words and made sure that he was not going to be able to interrupt her at all. Ivar was a hard person for her to read, which was something that seemed to annoy her even more. Normally she was able read anyone just by watching them long enough, however Ivar stayed almost completely neutral. The only sign of reaction at all, was a small flash of something in his eyes. Other then that, it was like what she said to him didn't matter at all. She wondered if Ylva had misjudged their friendship, or if Ivar was very good at hiding his emotions. Just like she tired to do herself.

It took a few moments of him looking at her, before he looked away and back to the target. If only she could read minds. For she was fairly certain this man before her was not going to share them with her. At least that was what she was assuming from the small amount of time they had been around one another. Another show of any emotion at all from Ivar, was the small movement in his jaw. If it wasn't for the fact she loved watching people, she was sure she would have missed it all together. Ivar jerked his head back toward her when she finished talking to him. After she boldly asked him if he was involved or if he knew anything at all. Sofie could tell she had maybe hit a nerve with him by asking such a thing, but in honesty she didn't care. ‘Why would I do that? Hmm?’ Ivar says to her first. His voice was much more cold then when they first started talking. ‘Yes, I met her on the harvest feast, I don’t care what she told you about me, you better start watching your mouth.’ she hears him say to her next and Sofie bites her lip to keep from speaking back to him in a similar manner. She was still in a different village and this was a prince. Haskell would beat her ass if she pissed people off her, let alone a prince of the village.

Sofie watched him as he pulled his arm back and threw another knife, he was very talented she could see. She was sure someone like him trained all the time, feeling like he had to make up for something that was not in his control. ‘I have other ambitions then kidnapping a blind girl out of Skagen, beside, what would I do with her?’ she hears him say to her next as he motions to his legs and this makes her frown at him. Taking a deep breath as she watched him crawl on the ground over to his knives. Sofie had made sure to let him talk just as she had made sure he let her talk. Now that he was done she was going to have her own words again. "I don't know why people do what they do, and that was why I asked you." she says to him before as she gives him a small smile. "Its sad that you don't care what she said, because she said nothing but nice things and praise. It was like you were the greatest thing to happen to her life...and maybe you were. She was much different when she got home. Always out looking for things to help her become a better healer, smiling more...its sad. Things got better for her. Just for them to clearly get worse" she says to him next before shrugging and closing her eyes. "I guess I am sorry if my words offended you, but I had to ask. You were my only clue as to what could have happened to her...I am glad it wasn't you however...for the way those people had been killed....it had to have been a real monster. I just pray to the gods she was able to get away, and that she is still alive." she gives off a small shudder as she thinks back to the boys that they had found.

Reopening her eyes she looked at him for a moment before speaking on more. "I'm not sure what your legs have to do with anything however. You would still be able to do almost whatever you wanted to a person, or with a person." she says to him next as she recalled him gesturing to his legs. "The way someone is born should never be something that defines them...At least I don't think so. Besides, from the looks of things, you are rather strong and a very good shot. I am sure you are a strong warrior as well" she says to him before pointing to where he took his knives out of the target. "So people should care about that, and not your legs...but I again mean no offense in my words. That is just how I view things." she says shrugging at him. He was an interesting man she supposed, and she wondered what had made Ylva so excited about being his friend. What about this person changed Ylva so very much, if he seemed to think it was not a big deal. However Sofie was pretty sure, he was just not sharing information with her. That was fine, she believed him when he said it wasn't him all the same. Getting brave she asks what on her mind. "Ylva was like I said very excited about you, but unless I am reading you wrong, you don't seem to be as excited about her. Do you even view her as a friend? For you were clearly her best..." she says to him last.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 pm

There was a little humanity in every single soul, even in Ivar. Despite he didn’t show it often, not even now, it was brewing on the inside, thoughts miles away when she told a story about a girl. A girl that got kidnapped and who’s family was murdered. And he didn’t care for a bit until she said the name of that girl and slowly his insides froze to bits, his jaw tensing a little as he remembered that pure innocents Ylva carried around. How she turned from a girl who was afraid of him into something that became his friend. It still tasted strange on his tongue. He didn’t thought about her, only when he was gazing the water maybe … she lingered in his mind, stubbornly trying to keep her place in his thoughts. Her father was murdered, which was a good thing, she got kidnapped. When Ivar looked aside to Sofie her saw it wasn’t the good kind of kidnapping, she wouldn’t marry to an high ranked boy who would make her happy. It would be brutal, maybe she was already dead. It tasted wrong on his tongue, dead, she couldn’t be, right? She had still so much to prove, she promised to come back. He breathed slowly out, knowing he was joking himself over the feeling. She wouldn’t come back, why would she?

While he dragged himself over to his knives he could feel her eyes in his back and it annoyed him, knowing she was forming her judgement over the cripple that couldn’t walk. He pulled himself onto a tree stomp as she started talking again. He pulled a knife out, pausing while looking over his shoulder to her as she told about all the nice things Ylva had to tell. ‘Does it matter?’ He asked, pointing his knife around. ‘You already formed your own judgement, no soul believing her words, not if it comes to me.’ He said with a neutral voice, pulling his second knife out. There were a lot of stories, whisperings about how heartless he was, nobody would believe Ylva. Why would they even try to do so. When she talked about real monsters he chuckled, bending his head before he let himself slither back on the ground. His blue eyes laid on her as he dragged himself back with that threatening look. ‘You don’t know the real monsters. Or maybe you do.’ He whispered, some kind of a warning as he deviously smiled and pulled himself back on the fallen tree. ‘You should know right?’ He asked, looking over to her, amused. ‘I figured, what would do a thegn with a thane on a travel this far?’ He started thinking out loud. ‘He isn’t your father, nor your brother, so it had to be something else. Is he protecting you or are you forced? One way or the other, he doesn’t seem like a monster but there is somebody else in Skagen, Halfdan The Black.’ He pronounced that name with such honey in his voice that it would seem disturbing. He kicked the flat side of his knife against his temple. ‘I’m paying attention, something Ylva should have done the moment she left here.’ He followed, his voice a little softer on the end as he turned his attention back to his knives and the aiming.

His ambitions always laid elsewhere, not with Ylva or with Kattegat, but with raiding. Offcourse she started talking about his legs. He relaxed his arm and slowly looked over to her, frowning his eyebrows, given her actually the time to say it all. ‘Hmmm, and how would you know how it is?’ He asked, she wasn’t a cripple, nobody could know how it was, except for him and others like him. He thought back to Ylva and how she always said exactly the same. ‘You already sound like her.’ He muttered annoyed, pulling his arm back to throw again, giving himself a small smile as he hit right where he wanted it. He swallowed a lot from her, but her last words snapped him and he jerked his head around, looking at her. ‘You don’t have a say in how I view her or the friendship she calls to be in between us.’ He warned her low. ‘You don’t have a clue about me, or her for that matter. As a matter of fact, where were you when she got caught? Hmmm? Isn’t that what friendship means, keeping each other safe?’ He challenged her. If Ylva was here there wasn’t a living soul who could tell the tale, he would dig until he found what he was looking for … her. But clearly it wasn’t for everybody.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 11:51 pm

Sofie watches him like she had been doing the whole time. Waiting to get some kind of reaction out of him. However this Prince, this boy named Ivar seemed to be very good at controlling himself and his feelings. So much better then even she was if she was being honest with herself. She didn't like to show her emotions but she cracked under pressure just like most people did. Sofie got the feeling that Ivar could hold his feelings in better then most in any situation. If she hadn't seen him clench his jaw together, she would have thought he didn't care at all. She would have thought of him as some kind of asshole that led a nice girl on, however he had reacted. Even if it was such a small reaction. So she knew he wasn't happy with the new she had brighten him about Ylva. So this Ivar cared, even if it was only a little. ‘Does it matter?’ she hears him say to her first and she tilts her head at him just a bit as she waits for him to go on with his words. ‘You already formed your own judgement, no soul believing her words, not if it comes to me.’ he says to her next and she smiles at his words. For he is right, no matter what Ylva said she has already formed her own judgement about him. Sofie also knew, that he had formed his own about her as well. "That is true, I have. As you have formed one about me" she says to him sweetly, but out a hint of something else in it as well. "However Ylva is blind, her judgment comes from many other things. She views people differently then we do,so Her judgment would always be different then mine or yours." she says to him next.

Her words were to her, truthful. Nonetheless she was ready if they were to upset him. Even if she didn't say them in a way to make him mad at her or upset. She goes on to tell him she is glad he was not the one who had done this act. Sofie says its because the man was a monster, however she is also glad because Ylva thought so very highly of the man before her. Ylva had cared about him a lot, and viewed Ivar as a friend. Sofie kept reminding herself that and that he was a prince. So that even if he did annoy her, she would do her best not to mess up and say the wrong thing. ‘You don’t know the real monsters. Or maybe you do.’ Ivar says to her from his new spot up on the tree stump. Looking at him strangely for a moment she waited for him to go on. For she could tell he had more to say. ‘You should know right?’ he says next and Sofie looks at him even weirder then she had been before. Not very sure where he was going with this at the moment. ‘I figured, what would do a thegn with a thane on a travel this far?’ he says next and Sofie suddenly doesn't like where he is going with this at all. Her stomach drops as she is silent and waits for him to go on.

She doesn't wait any longer then a moment as he goes on. ‘He isn’t your father, nor your brother, so it had to be something else. Is he protecting you or are you forced? One way or the other, he doesn’t seem like a monster but there is somebody else in Skagen, Halfdan The Black.’ are Ivar next words to her, and Sofie goes from giving him weird looks to a dirty one in seconds. She looks away from him all together as she bites her tongue to keep from snapping at him. Ivar was a prince, she had to be respectful or Haskell would be mad at her. The way he said Halfdan's name made her want to throw up all over the place and gave her chills all at once. Clearly some of the rumors about this prince were correct. He was clearly a little more on the darker side when it came to his mental health. However Ylva had seen good in him, she had liked him enough to want to be his friend and grow closer to him like she had while she was here. ‘I’m paying attention, something Ylva should have done the moment she left here.’ he said and that was what made her snap at him. She had done so well to keep her big mouth shut, but his words annoyed her too far.

Taking a deep breath she looks right back to him and speaks. "Why I am here is none of your business. There is also a Viking man, and our blacksmith here with us too. Does that make you think up ideas too? That they need protection from that man too?" she says to him first in a snappy voice not even realizing she was proving him right with her reaction and words."I could be here with Haskell as simply a friend, or as his lover even! But you have figured it all out on your own right? I guess I am not the only person who watches and pays attention to detail." she says to him next before huffing out in annoyance. "And as for Ylva, I already said she was changed. She was trying to change more and more everyday for some reason. Even though she was fine the way she was. I'm guessing her wanting to change was your doing...and she did pay attention too. None of us saw this coming." she says to him next before crossing her arms over her chest and shaking her head. Ylva was getting better and stronger as a person and it was most likely because of this jerk in front of her. Those thoughts helped her calm down a bit to go on.

She watched him for a moment before he went on to address her other words. Almost waiting for him to make her more and more annoyed. ‘Hmmm, and how would you know how it is?’ he says to her and she bits her lip and says nothing. She doesn't know, for she is not a cripple. ‘You already sound like her.’ he says to her next and she shakes her head. Ylva was the kind of positive soul that could rub off on anyone, so maybe it wasn't a far stretch to say they sounded similar. Sofie simply shrugged her shoulders at him. "We grew up around one another. I suppose that happens." she say to him next. All of her fake over the top friendliness is gone. She was not going to be overly nice anymore, she saw no reason in it. Being bold she decides to ask him if he even cares about Ylva and their friendship. It is clear in the way he snaps his head back to her that she had asked the wrong thing of him. ‘You don’t have a say in how I view her or the friendship she calls to be in between us.’ he says to her first. His words are low, and almost threatening in a way. She can see it plainly from his body language as well. ‘You don’t have a clue about me, or her for that matter. As a matter of fact, where were you when she got caught? Hmmm? Isn’t that what friendship means, keeping each other safe?’ Ivar says next and Sofie is instantly mad at him.

It was something she already thought about, and she was sure Hakon thought about as well. That she had been alone with that monster of a father when this all went down. That it had been days before anyone even realized she was missing and her family was dead. Sofie already felt badly about it ,it was why she had come looking for him and answers in the first place. To try and get some peace of mind out of all of this. Hoping and praying to the gods he was here and happy. However she wasn't, and she most likely wasn't even alive anymore. The monster who killed her family most likely hurt and killed her as well, and had been alone. "You don't think i feel badly enough about that! That she was alone, that it took us all over a week to even notice she was missing!" she practically yells at him. "That Ylva, that sweet innocent girl who was finally happy, had this happen to her and if we had been paying a little more attention she would still be safe." she says next and she closes her eyes.

"She had a routine, things she did everyday, and none of us notice...The bodies were rotting when we found them" she says as she shakes her head. "I wasn't a good friend to her. I know that and I don't need you throwing it in my face. However thats why I came looking for you. Why I came to talk to you. In the hopes of finding some information...because for some reason that sweet girl cared about you more then she ever cared about anyone...though Im having a hard time seeing why." she says last before letting out a huff of air and pulling out her own knife and throwing it as hard as she could at the target, hitting the dead center. She then turned to look at him, just waiting for him to say something else.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 9:11 pm

You had it or you had it not, that urge of judging everybody even before you met the person. Ivar had judged Sofie the moment she stood there beside the Thane. In his eyes she was a girl like every other girl, for him she meant nothing, for him she was worthless. His eyes had traveled over the slightest details of her body, the little uncertainty over the new places, the looks over to the man who leaded this party, her determination, maybe there was even loneliness. Her weapons were to clean to even fought a battle, her hair to soft to be in one of those battles. He saw … and he formed a judgement. So when she said that the corner of his mouth pulled a little up, amused by her words. She had a sharp eye and because he was in such a great mood before he let it rather amuse him other then his feelings to correct her on the matter. When she got on didn’t look back to her, pulling his knifes out. ‘Mine to.’ He just said. Ylva was blind, she saw the world different, but so did he. ‘Nobody his judgement is the same, only for people like you,’ he pointed his knife towards her. ‘who don’t have pain or disabilities to fight against.’ His smirk was strange as he turned his eyes back to the knifes.

When the subject changed to Halfdan and the monsters in this world something changed around her and he knew for sure that whatever she said next wouldn’t be the truth for her eyes widened to much, he was right … she already met the monster living in Skagen. Halfdan The Black, the thoughts of the man did him smile softly, as his eyes still rested on Sofie her reaction to his words. He said it to test her out, to see how far those boundaries ran, it was a funny sight, seeing how completely still she was. He cocked his head a little, enjoying the gaze in her eyes, enjoying the silence. But it wasn’t a silence that stayed long and as he thought … she took it rather personal.

He hang his head forward in laughter as she started with what was typical such girls, that it wasn’t any of his business. But it was, she was here in his village and he was the prince. He lifted his head again, keeping himself serious as he listened. ‘No, they are older, the looks they give you say enough, you did something wrong there to land here and now they are afraid you gonna do stupid things here to.’ He bite his tongue in amusement. Haskell, that was how that Thane called. ‘Lover.’ He repeated that word. Before he even could go on in it she talked further. ‘I have yes.’ He nodded, he always got it all figured out. He was going on a raid, he would be able to walk, Ivar was always ten steps ahead. When she said she paid attention to he just chuckled, nodding like he approved while all he did was mocking her. She came here asking for Ylva, and now she was pushing him over the edge … and it was an edge she didn’t wanted him to step over.

When the subject got back to Ylva his eyes became more cloudy, warning her to watch her words. But she didn’t saw that, to consumed in speaking up. He let her do her little talk, his blue stormy eyes pointed on her as she got on about the one girl that got something done from him, that created an friendship against his better judgement. And Sofie didn’t see how much she was pushing, and pushing. Pushing something that was not his own anger but rather his overprotection for her, a girl he barely knew, Ylva. ‘Then you just didn’t paid enough attention, like you stated earlier.’ It were his only words and they had something of a low thread above them. If she was here when it happened, it wouldn’t even have happened, that was just Ivar … he paid attention, certainly over the things he wanted to protect or possess. Sofie said something about growing up together but Ivar wasn’t paying attention, he was looking down to his knife, pushing it softly against his finger. But in all that brewing anger he let the accusation slip, where was she as a so called friend when it happened? A dog wouldn’t protect Ylva, friends only could, but she got kidnapped anyway so where were those friends? When she started bursting out his eyes went up. ‘A week?’ He repeated with clenched teeth. He pointed his knife to her as she started talking about her own guilt. ‘And you call yourself a friend, to only notice her missing after a week.’ He didn’t care about her guilt. His voice was flat, dangerously neutral as his eyes grew darker with the second. She told about the routine … there was nothing better to follow then somebody with a routine and even that she couldn’t do? But she knew it for herself, she said it. He had to do the best in his power to keep his hands calm as she said she came talking to him here. But she wasn’t here for him, she was here because of Haskell. If she didn’t took this journey she wouldn’t came, she wouldn’t care enough. He didn’t even opened his mouth, knowing that when he would he would give her something she would never forget. He looked hardly up as she throw the knife, not all impressed by it. It was for a very long time silence, her last words lingering in his head. ‘I killed for less then this.’ He started, looking down to his knife before he finally looked up to her. ‘You clearly didn’t pay enough attention.’ He hissed softly. She would know otherwise … she would see … he did care, but she hardly knew him to even notice it. ‘So pay attention when I tell you this,’ he started almost calm, to calm. ‘next time you come hear accusing me of kidnapping her you think about what I’m gonna do to you, because there is very little I can handle Sofie and certainly not when it comes to her.’ He warned her at the same steady voice. He waved with his hand and knife of the field. ‘Run along now.’ He commanded, like he commanded a dog. Was he angry.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Sofie tells Ivar that she knows he already has a judgment about herself just as she has one about him. She even says that Ylva's judgment is different , because she is blind and views the world in a far different way then they did. ‘Mine to.’ he says to her first and Sofie just looks at him as she waits for him to go on. She had watched people enough to know when they plan to speak more or not. ‘Nobody his judgement is the same, only for people like you,’ he says to her next, and Sofie simply raises as eyebrow at him as she waits for him to speak on every further. He points his knife at her and she fights the desire to knock it out of his hands as he says ‘who don’t have pain or disabilities to fight against.’ to her next. She supposed in a way he was right. She had no idea how he and Ylva viewed the world, and the way she judged people would always be different then their own. However she was sure she knew pain, the pain of her fathers death had been a lot for her, but Sofie decided to keep those thoughts to herself. There was no reason to fight about something like that with him. He would think her pain was nothing compared to his, and maybe it was. She was not him, she could not say how he felt about things. Besides she was here for other reasons then fighting about who had suffered more then the other.

Things quickly took a shift for Sofie and the words that Ivar said to her made her mad, and annoyed all at once. That he was able to figure her out so easily made her want to hit him and then leave. She was the one who was suppose to be good at watching and reading people, and here was this prince she had never spoken to until just not figuring out her secret, and reminding her of all the shit that happened back home all at once. ‘No, they are older, the looks they give you say enough, you did something wrong there to land here and now they are afraid you gonna do stupid things here to.’ he says to her next after she questions him about Hakon and Henrik. His words annoy her more and she just bits the inside of her cheek to keep from saying anything to him. Ivar goes on to mock her more saying ‘Lover.’ and acting like her being Haskell's lover was something so unbelievable. This makes her really want to tell him off, but he goes on to say that ‘I have yes.’ to him figuring it all out. The idea of pushing him off that tree stump crosses her mind, but she doesn't. Haskell would kill her and doing stupid things was what got her in trouble in the first place.

Taking a deep breath with slightly narrowed eyes she finally speaks. "Maybe I did maybe I didn't. You will never know the real reason I am here. So enjoy thinking up all the many crazy ideas you can." she says to him first before rolling her eyes and going on. "And I am a good catch, Haskell would be lucky to have me as a lover." she says to him with a smirk. Fighting off there desire to flip her hair over her shoulder and leave right now. "But sadly my real lover is at home, waiting for me. So throw your judgment all you want." she says to him after. Sofie isn't sure why she felt the need to even tell him this stuff, maybe because of the way he acted like Haskell wouldn't want a girl like her. Or the way he was making her like him less and less by the second. Sofie didn't know, but she had a feeling it was because of both mixed together. For she had always been on the vain side when it came to her looks and image. Prince or not, she was not going to let him make her feel like she wasn't good enough for someone.

Then he proceeded to just make her more mad. Asking her where she was when Ylva got taken. Making her feel even worse about the whole thing that had happened to that poor girl, and because he had upset her so badly. She kind of lost control of her emotions for a moment and really spilled everything to him. ‘Then you just didn’t paid enough attention, like you stated earlier.’ he said to her first, but she ignored him and kept talking on. She was too upset to listen to him or his words. ‘A week?’ she hears him add in when she is talking. Sofie can hear in his voice that he is even more mad about this news then anything she had said to him before. It occurs to her that he may care a lot more then she had originally thought, but that doesn't stop her from going on. ‘And you call yourself a friend, to only notice her missing after a week.’ he says to her next and she feels even more guilt then she had felt before. Sofie says nothing to his words because he has a right to be mad it took them all that long to notice and she really has no idea what to say that wouldn't make things worse. For she still wants to tell him off, but he was a prince and she must not do so.

It was quiet for a moment after she threw her knife at the board. She had done it out of frustration, but she knew she wasn't going to get it back. She didn't trust Ivar as far as she could throw him. He would throw a knife at her if she tried to get it. ‘I killed for less then this.’ she hears him say to her and Sofie gets cold chills before she can even stop them from happening. ‘You clearly didn’t pay enough attention.’ he says to her next and the way he says it makes her even more freaked out. ‘So pay attention when I tell you this,’ he says to her next ands she takes a step small step back. ‘next time you come hear accusing me of kidnapping her you think about what I’m gonna do to you, because there is very little I can handle Sofie and certainly not when it comes to her.’ he says to her next, and he has no idea that he gives her the information she had been trying to get from him this whole time. He does care about Ylva, and clearly a lot based on his words and the way he just reached to her. His next action piss her off so much, but she's not stupid. ‘Run along now.’ he says to her and she shakes her head and takes another stop back.

Getting ready to move as quickly as she can Sofie takes a deep breath. "Don't worry weirdo, I plan to leave very soon, but I'm glad I was wrong about my judgment. You do care about her, and obviously more then all of us." she says before taking another step back. " I'm glad, if she is alive she will come here. It was where she always talked about wanting to go...So she will come to you, and maybe you can do a better job at keeping her safe or taking care of her....but I wont hold my breath. It seems like some of the rumors are true about you, as you said you have killed for less..I wouldn't want to know what you would do to her if she made you mad.. Besides, that poor girl is most likely dead if she isn't here...but I pray to the gods I am wrong." she says to him last before turning on her heals and taking off running back toward town. Sofie was glad she spoke to him, however she was going to avoid him the rest of the trip. Unsure if she just made an enemy out of him or not. She would make sure to stay with Haskell or one of the other guys just in case too. Maybe she should even tell Haskell about this little chat she just had. He was going to be mad for sure.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Getting Answers-Ivar Getting Answers-Ivar Empty

Back to top Go down
Getting Answers-Ivar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1