Henrik Andorsson
Viking

PROFIELMessages : 24
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] Empty
PostSubject: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 5:47 am

Now that Aleinn was no longer spending the majority of his days with Henrik, the older Andorsson had suddenly become better at keeping in touch with his few friends. He wasn’t sure if Haskell or Hakon were exactly aware of why he was popping up in their company more often than was previously normal for him, but he didn’t think they’d care too much anyway. He was funny, he was helpful, he was usually fairly quiet. Basically, he wasn’t a nuisance, so there wasn’t much reason for anyone to be irritated with him being around.

So once again, he found himself lingering in Hakon’s blacksmith shop in the afternoon, sharing a companionable silence, or discussing whatever random thoughts came to them. For the moment, the topic was Kattegat. Haskell and the pair of them were planning a trip to the other village, and Henrik at least was quite looking forward to it. It had been some time since he’d left Skagen, and he enjoyed traveling and seeing new places. He didn’t particularly care for meeting new people, but that was, sadly, simply part of the experience.

Do you know how long we’re staying? I don’t recall if Haskell mentioned it,” he wondered, leaning against a sturdy shelf before picking up one of the knives Hakon had crafted and inspecting it for a moment before putting it back where he’d found it. He occasionally wished he had some sort of craft or skill to fall back on, other than fighting, but he’d pursued fighting with such an intense single mindedness that hadn’t left much time for anything else. At least he was good at something, even if that something was inherently violent and blood soaked.

He grabbed his own knife from his belt and tossed it into the air, watching it flip a few times before catching it and tossing it again. It was almost an absent action, something he’d done for years now when he was mostly sitting or standing still. Something he barely even thought about, or realized he was doing. But then someone came into the shop, which he hadn’t been expecting, throwing off his timing, and he managed to miss the knife. “Oh fuck,” he exclaimed softly when the tip of the knife caught his hand before falling to the ground. He looked up apologetically when he realized what he’d just said. “I mean… shit.

Well, this was going great. He was tempted to just leave. Not even pick the damn knife up off the ground and walk out and probably never come back. Instead, he cleared his throat and looked at the girl who’d just walked in again. “Hello. Uh, sorry… about that,” he said, nodding at her briefly and hoping she’d leave quickly because she was in the wrong place. Or something. Henrik was fairly certain she was one of Freyja’s sisters, but couldn’t recall ever having been introduced to her before. He just knew she wasn’t Sofie or Rúna, because he’d seen them both in training before. He didn’t even remember what her other sister’s names were.
Back to top Go down

Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 am

Tóra always listened when Freyja spoke, because she loved and respected her older sister. And so here she was, stepping into the blacksmith shop to find a man named Hakon, and collect a knife he had made for her. She didn't know what use she would possibly have for a knife, but Tóra always obeyed her eldest sister. Besides, Sofie had told her that she thought this Hakon liked Freyja as more than a friend, and she was very, very curious about him. Freyja was a wonderful person, and anyone less than an amazing man would be unsuitable for her, as far as Tóra was concerned. Sofie had asked her to carry a message to this Hakon, and so she would. Not because she respected Sofie, but because she wanted to remain prank-free for as long as she possibly could.

Tóra pushes open the door to the blacksmith shop, and the first thing she sees is a knife flashing in the dim light as it spins through the air. She watches the knife as it falls, as the point sinks into a man's palm before the knife clatters to the floor. She hears the man curse, then curse again, and she waves off his awkward apology as she stoops to pick the knife up from the ground. Her blue eyes dart quickly to his hand and she sees blood bright against his pale palm, and she gasps as she reaches automatically forward and grabs his fingers. "Oh! You're bleeding!" She tells him, completely unnecessary. She's vaguely aware of the blacksmith, a lean man with brawny arms, laughing so hard tears are streaming down his face. The man is still chuckling heartily as he tosses a rag toward them. "No blood in my shop." His voice is good-natured, breathless from his laughing, and Tóra murmurs a thanks as she plucks the rag easily from the air.

She presses it against the man's bleeding hand, applying light pressure, and squeezes his fingers in a reassuring manner. "I think you'll be alright, though." Finally, she turns her face up to see his, a bright, warm smile on her face, and her smile falters for just a moment, her face turning a lovely shade of pink as she realizes what she's just done. "Sorry! I didn't mean..." She trails off, dropping his hand as if he'd burned her, and turns her smile to the still-laughing blacksmith. "I'm Tóra Stafnsdóttir. Freyja said to come here and find Hakon." Her gaze slips between the two of them, and she gives the man who's hand she'd grabbed an apologetic little smile, a bit embarrassed but trusting to her charm to save her. Hakon hands her a small knife, and even though she'd been expecting it, it still shocked her a little. From the awkward way she grabs the knife, it's clear she has very little experience holding them, and Tóra considers she may be more dangerous to herself than anyone else with the knife. But she smiles and thanks the blacksmith anyway before turning back to the other man. "I'm really, really sorry."

Hakon is still laughing, but Tóra raises a brow as she turns to him, pointing with the sheathed knife. She probably should get Sofie to teach her to use this thing before she cuts her own finger off. "Sofie wants me to tell you that Freyja isn't going to be single forever." She notes with a bit of satisfaction that that shuts him up quick enough, and suddenly he's very interested in a piece of wood on his worktable.
Back to top Go down

Henrik Andorsson
Henrik Andorsson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 4:55 am

While Henrik was not usually a clumsy man, he was no stranger to blood, even his own, so hadn’t been too concerned when the tip of the knife caught his hand. In fact, he was too busy glaring at Hakon, who was laughing his damn ass off, to even notice the blood at first. But the blonde girl, er woman? Uh, person had picked his knife up for him, noticed the blood, and grabbed his hand. And Henrik didn’t know what to do about it, so he did nothing. It would be rude to yank his hand away, right? She seemed concerned.

Hakon tossed a rag their way, the person caught it and was just doing whatever she wanted to his hand, and he continued to just let her. He was staring at her head pretty intently, still utterly unsure of what to do or say other than, “Um, thank you?” when she told him he’d be okay. He hadn’t really been worried, so he felt comfortable with her assessment. And the only thing he could think about, other than how badly he wanted to stab his friend in the neck, which he was certain would cease the laughing, was that he wanted her to look up. And then she did. But he’d barely managed a hint of a smile before she started blushing, dropped his hand and turned toward Hakon. This was why he didn’t smile at people.

When she introduced herself to the blacksmith, Henrik realized he’d been right, she was one of Freyja’s sisters. Tóra, she’d said. It was pretty. It suited her. He wondered what Hakon was doing giving her a knife that she clearly didn’t know how to use, but when she turned back to him to apologize he shook his head at her. “No need to apologize. You’ve probably just saved my life,” waving the cut hand at her like an imbecile. While he was quite proud of himself for managing two whole sentences like a normal adult, he didn’t consider until afterwards that his blank face and completely monotone tone of voice could be misinterpreted as rudeness. He’d meant it as a joke, obviously. Should he… apologize? He didn’t even know. She was about to leave, so he kept his mouth shut, not wanting to make it any more awkward than it already was.

But when she turned to Hakon, pointed the knife he’d just made her at him, and sassed him about Freyja, it was Henrik’s turn to laugh at his friend. She had to be younger than Aleinn, and here she was, mouthing off to Hakon, it was brilliant. “Sofie’s got a point,” he added, turning his body to face Hakon, the smile falling from his face again. “Freyja won’t be single forever.” This was much more fun. He enjoyed this, even if it wasn’t entirely obvious from his facial expression.

You know, if you just-” he turned back to Tóra and made a motion with his hand, like he was throwing an invisible knife, “I bet you’d catch him right in the-” he pointed to his own throat, and nodded at her. “Go ahead. It’s educational, Hakon, stand still.” He nodded to his friend. What were the odds she’d do it right on the first try? Slim, he’d bet. It wasn’t like she’d unsheath it first, right? He didn’t want her to murder one of his only friends.
Back to top Go down

Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Tóa didn't realize until she looked up at the man that holding his bleeding hand may be a bit strange, and that's why she lets go when she looks up and meet his eyes. He threw the barest hint of a smile her way before she threw his hand like she'd been burnt by it, blushing pink, and introduced herself to the blacksmith. She hoped the man didn't think she was being rude, it was just that she'd never accidentally attended to a very handsome man's admittedly minor wound before. What does one do in this situation? Sink into a hole in the earth? Pretend it never happened? Apologize? She went with the last one, and the man told her she'd probably just saved his life. Tóra stares at him, his handsome, serious face and flat tone of voice, and it takes her a full two seconds to realize he's joking. She immediately starts giggling, and she's still giggling as she takes the knife from Hakon.

She watches as the man--she still doesn't know his name--takes his turn reprimanding Hakon, and Tóra looks over at the blacksmith for an instant before the man beside her speaks again. She turns the full force of her blue eyes to him, watching the movement of his hand, and she grins up at him. This sounds like fun. She turns toward the blacksmith, who sighs and rolls his eyes toward the ceiling, but obediently stands still. Tóra turns the sheath toward the blacksmith and takes a small step forward to give her throw more power. She tries her best to imitate the man's motion, and lets out a shocked, delighted giggle when the knife bounces off Hakon's chest and he catches it. A bit low, but it would still hurt. She's practically skipping as she goes to retrieve the knife from the blacksmith. He leans down and whispers in her ear, then slips the knife into her hand. She looks up at him, tilting her head, and Hakon simply nods once. She gives him a grin and bounces merrily back toward the man who's name she still doesn't know. Behind her, Hakon mockingly mouths "its educational" at his friend, raising his brows, hoping he'll go along with this.

"I don't think I caught your name? And you already know my name is Tóra Stansdóttir, so I think I should know your name. It's only fair." She gives him an exaggerated shrug. She's stopped a bit closer to him than she did before, and she tosses her long blond hair carelessly back over her shoulder. She's trying to act entirely innocent, but Tóra isn't good at this, not like Sofie, and she can't entirely keep the mischievous smirk off her face. Hakon told her she'd need to be fast to get him. "Are you a Viking? Two of my sisters are training to be shield maidens. Do you know them? Sofie and Rúna?" As she speaking, she darts the sheathed knife quickly toward his left side. She knows she probably isn't quite fast enough, or subtle enough, because she can barely keep a small giggle from bubbling out into her voice as she's speaking. But she tries anyway, her small hand darting forward as quick as she can be.
Back to top Go down

Henrik Andorsson
Henrik Andorsson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Luck was with him, it seemed, because she started giggling again instead of glaring at him, indicating she’d understood he was joking. That was a relief. Plus, he quite enjoyed the sound of her laughing. He couldn’t help the smile on his face when she actually went through with it, and tossed the knife at Hakon, hitting him in the chest.

Well done. That’s still probably a kill shot.” He watched as Hakon said something to her when she retrieved the knife and narrowed his eyes a bit. While he certainly didn't trust Hakon, he saw his friend shoot him the silent ‘it’s educational’ and rolled his eyes. Apparently it was his turn. But rather than throw her knife at his head, she walked back over towards him and was talking to him instead. Oh, right. He hadn’t introduced himself. “I’m Henrik Andorsson,” he answered simply, fairly confident she wouldn’t have heard of him. He kept his head down and mostly kept to himself so why would she?

He nodded at her questions. Yes, he was a viking, yes, he knew her sisters. “Are you… uh, a lot like Sofie?” he wondered, not sure if one family could even survive such a thing. While she was standing beside him, talking to him, she suddenly jabbed him in the side with the sheathed knife. He didn't know why he hadn't seen that coming, because his friend had basically told him it would be, but he hadn't and literally just watched as she stabbed him. He looked from her hand to her face, raising his eyebrows before waving his own hand at her again.

"I am injured. Way to kick me when I'm down." As if the superficial cut on his hand was the reason she'd caught him by surprise and not simply the fact that he was distracted by her chatting or her giggling or her hair. He was confident her body count could be fairly high if she approached other people she meant to stab the same way she'd approached him. People could stare her dead in the face and never see her coming.

But then he reached out and grabbed her wrist, carefully adjusting her grip on the handle a little. “If you aim back a little more, and up,” he told her, while aiming the knife for her, “you’ll hit a kidney. Try it again?” At least now he was letting her stab him, which was somewhat less embarrassing than being caught unaware by someone who didn't even know what she was doing.
Back to top Go down

Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 4:30 pm

She hadn't been expecting to actually hit the blacksmith, and she couldn't stop a small, delighted giggle. Henrik tells her it's probably still a kill shot, and she grins over at him. His face is still so serious and Tóra guesses that he's not a man who hands out praise lightly, and the thought makes her feel a bit warm and glad inside. She can feel her cheeks heating up a little and knows she's probably blushing, so she's skipping toward the blacksmith so maybe the other man won't notice her blushing. She does grin back at him over her shoulder, though, so he won't think she's rude. "Thank you! I have a good teacher." Of course she's referring to him, but she turns her attention to the blacksmith to retrieve her knife. He whispers in her ear and she tilts her head questioningly up at him, but he's reassured by his nod. She heads back toward the other man, chattering and friendly, her face open and warm, but a hint of mischief in her smile. "Andorsson?" She tilts her head, considering him. "My sister Freyja has an apprentice named Alien Andorsson."

She shakes her head when he asks her if she's much like Sofie, and her blue eyes are wide and entirely too innocent as she looks up at him. "I help her with her pranks sometimes, so she won't prank me. So if she ever put anything gross in your bed, I probably helped her catch it." There's an indignant grunt from the other side of the room, and Tóra gives Hakon a reassuring smile. "I had nothing to do with the snake, though. I tried to stop her." She turns her attention back to Henrik, a sheepish smile on her face, and rubs the back of her neck, a small thing she does sometimes if she's feeling a little embarrassed. "So I'll just apologize in case. I'm sorry for any spiders that Sofie may have put in your bed."

She's surprised when the knife actually strikes him. She'd been expecting his hand to block her, but instead the knife makes contact with his side. Her blue eyes are wide and surprised when she looks up at him, expecting praise, and finds him waving his cut hand in front of her. He says he's injured, and seems to be blaming the small cut on her successful strike. A smile tilts up her face almost immediately this time. She's beginning to understand his dry sense of humor. She giggles again, lifting the knife to gently tap the tip of the sheath against his nose. "You're funny, Henrik. But you're right, next time I'll be sure to stab you only when you're at your strongest. It must be embarrassing for such a strong Viking to be pretend-stabbed by someone who wants to be a healer." In truth, she hadn't been certain if that was what she wanted to do, but she was becoming slowly more sure of it, and as she smiled up at Henrik and told him she wanted to be a healer, it felt like fate. In that instant, she knew that's what she would become.

Then Henrik is grabbing her wrist, and although she can feel the strength in his hands, his fingers are warm and gentle as he adjusts her grip. The knife feels more comfortable in her hands after he fixes her grip, and she smiles happily up at him. Her face is warm and open, as it nearly always is, her expression friendly and inviting. Tóra loves talking to people, and even more surprisingly, she likes the way Henrik's fingers feel against her skin. He shows her where to aim, still holding her wrist, and suggests she try again. When he lets go of her wrist, she's surprised she wishes he hadn't. "I've always wanted to pretend stab someone in the kidney." But she doesn't want to disappoint him, and so she darts her knife forward again, toward the spot he'd indicated, and after she strikes she looks up at him for his assessment. She doesn't want this little lesson to end, though, so she quickly comes up with another question. "What's the easiest place to strike someone? Maybe not to kill, but to get them to leave me alone?"

She's vaguely aware that Hakon, who had turned his attention to some idle carving on a knife handle, straightens suddenly at the question, his face darkening, and she wonders why he's suddenly so concerned. Her wind is whirling suddenly, things clicking into place. Hakon was giving her sisters knives for free. He'd started paying attention when she'd asked how to get someone to stop bothering her. There must be trouble in Skagen that she isn't aware of. She gives both of the men a bright smile, hoping her face gives away nothing, but her voice sounds a bit too cheery even to her own ears. "No one has been bothering me, but just in case." She can feel the blacksmith's eyes on her, assessing her, and finally he sighs. He shoots a dark look to Henrik, and Tóra feels certain that look has a secret behind it, something they're going to discuss once she's gone, but Hakon returns to his carving. She curses her own question, and hopes he won't bring it up to Freyja. She has enough to worry about, without worrying about Tora.
Back to top Go down

Henrik Andorsson
Henrik Andorsson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 11:11 pm

The first thing that needed to happen, was that Tora needed to stop giggling because it was damn distracting. It had to be the happiest sound he’d ever heard and how was he supposed to go on with the rest of his day without it? She needed to cut that shit out. The second thing, she needed to quit that blushing because… well the same reason as the first one, to be honest.

The corner of his mouth tipped up when she told him she’d had a good teacher. But then he immediately frowned, turning his attention towards Hakon. This was not good. He couldn’t be thinking these kinds of things about her. He'd literally just met her. She was Freyja’s sister. The same sister, as she’d just pointed out, that his brother was currently apprenticing for. He nodded at her. “He’s my brother.” She was probably smart enough to work that out on her own, but if he continued to just nod at her instead of speak, she’d probably find him rude, and he didn’t want that. Even though he knew he probably shouldn’t care one way or the other.

His eyes widened a fraction when she said she helps Sofie with her pranks, and couldn’t help the smirk he shot at Hakon when she mentions the snake. “As far as I know, I haven’t been a target yet. But I’ll try to keep that in mind. I’m scared of spiders though, so no promises.” He was no longer worried about her misunderstanding his dry sense of humor, which helped him relax a bit.

However, after she successfully stabbed him because he’d been paying too much attention to her face and none at all to her hand, she tapped the tip of her knife on his nose and told him he was funny, and he was speechless for a solid five seconds. If he possessed the necessary emotions to blush, he probably would have. Luckily, he didn’t so that wasn’t an issue. So he just shook his head at her. “I don’t get embarrassed.” What a complete and total lie that was, but as long as Hakon didn’t start laughing his ass off again, he might be able to get away with it. “You’d make a good healer,” he offered immediately, and then cleared his throat awkwardly and once again waved his hand at her. “You saved my life, after all.

He probably should’ve asked permission before just grabbing her wrist but it hadn’t occurred to him at first. He liked to help on the training field and if she was going to stab people, she ought to know how to do it properly. Henrik smiled at her comment about wanting to learn how to stab someone in the kidney. “Well, if you’re going to be a healer, it’s probably important information to know, right?” Or something? He didn’t have a fucking clue, he just didn’t want her to leave.

She did it again and this time he saw it coming, and deliberately did nothing. Unlike last time, when he was just a complete moron. He nodded at her in approval. “Just faster, but yeah, that’ll do it.

He didn’t immediately find anything particularly alarming about the way she phrased her question, and wouldn’t have thought anything of it at all if he hadn’t spotted Hakon’s reaction out the corner of his eye. She added that no one had been bothering her, but he wasn’t entirely certain he believed her at the moment. And if he found out anyone had been bothering her, they wouldn’t be for much longer. Because he’d put his foot through their skull. They wouldn’t be bothering anyone then, would they? Nope.

However, his murderous, rage-inducing thoughts aside, he answered her question. “Well, the easiest way to kill someone with a knife like that would be through the eye. Just to uh, discourage attention?” He thought about for a moment. “I mean, I’d still pick the eye, I think. I’m sure they’d find it very discouraging.

Last edited by Henrik Andorsson on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Tóra was sure Henrik had better things to be doing than teaching her how to stab people, but she selfishly wanted to keep his attention on her. She liked his attention, she liked his dry sense of humor, and she liked his stupid, handsome face and the way his fingers felt on her wrist when he showed her where to aim the knife. He was so good-looking though, so obviously a gifted warrior, that Tóra was certain he probably had a wife waiting for him at home. Obviously he wasn't teaching her this because he was genuinely concerned for her safety or interested in her, but simply because he liked knives and stabbing, and if he was friends with Hakon then he was probably friends with Freyja, too, and he obviously knew Sofie. He was probably just doing this as a favor to her sisters even though he would much rather be talking to Hakon, or going home to his wife, but Tóra is being selfish.

Besides, his reaction when she tapped his nose with the sheath of her knife was absolutely adorable. She wonders absently what's wrong with her. Henrik towers over her, he has broad shoulders and is probably covered in scars and Vikings like him are the reason the world needs healers. The fact that she can consider anything he does adorable defies logic, but again she doesn't care. She smiles up at him into the silence, which he then breaks by saying he doesn't get embarrassed. His reaction when she tapped him with the knife says otherwise, just like Hakon's howl of laughter. He quickly suppresses it and goes back to his carving, his eyes warily sliding from Henrik to the knife in Tóra's hand. She guesses that it's not every day he gets to be a practice dummy for a clueless little girl. She ducks her head slightly as he says she would make a good healer, because his statement has her feeling suddenly shy, but when she looks back up at Henrik her smile is pleased and her cheeks are pink. She giggles at his next statement. "Thank you, it required a lot of skill. If it had only been Hakon here, you would probably be dead right now."

She's happy when her strike hits exactly where he told her, and his praise has her face flushing slightly pink again. Just a bit faster, she could handle that if she needed to. And then she asked her question, reassuring the two of them automatically and hoping her bright smile stays in place. She doesn't want to make any trouble for anyone, and she's old enough to handle herself now, and if Freyja or any of her sisters find out, they'll just make a big deal out of it. She can deal with it on her own now. She has her little knife and she knows how to stab someone in the kidney, although maybe something a little less lethal would be appropriate for the situation. It's nothing too extreme, just comments that leave a vague feeling of discomfort in the pit of her stomach, but she's been babied her entire life and she's ready to be treated like a woman now. She doesn't tell anyone, because she can handle it herself.

She shakes her head quickly, golden hair fluttering around her shoulders, when Henrik suggests the eye. "I don't want to maim anyone forever! Do you have any suggestions that are less.... Permanently disfiguring?" She tilts her head as she tries to decide on the words to use. She feels the blacksmith's eyes on her again, still suspicious, and she takes her attention from Henrik long enough to roll her eyes at Hakon. His eyes are still narrowed but he doesn't press the issue, and Tóra is starting to panic just a little because she doesn't want anyone to find out, especially not her sisters. She doesn't want to be treated like the baby anymore, she's fifteen now, practically an adult. "Just in case." She adds with a smile, tossing her hair back over her shoulder with a shrug. Just when she thinks that if Hakon doesn't stop looking at her, she's going to throw the knife at him again, she hears him sigh and turn back to his work. She grins up at Henrik, eager for the next part of her murder lesson.
Back to top Go down

Henrik Andorsson
Henrik Andorsson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 6:19 am

Despite knowing full well that no good could possibly come from… whatever was going on right now, Henrik could reluctantly admit, to himself, that he found Tóra… interesting. She was open and happy and funny and clearly hard to intimidate, as she was once again smiling up at him while he frowned at her. He wasn’t really sure if it was fair to call it frowning, though. That was just his face at this point. But regardless, she was still smiling and giggling and standing next to him and it was confusing.

After he’d said that he didn’t get embarrassed, he heard Hakon’s laughter and couldn’t help shaking his head in frustration. Nothing could ever be simple with the blacksmith watching not-so-quietly in the background. While Henrik had no idea what all that nonsense about Freyja was about from before, he was now determined to get to the bottom of it, if only to have something to taunt his friend over. #bestbros

She answered his comment about saving his life with a sarcastic reply of her own, which he quite appreciated, and when she mentioned Hakon, he nodded his head at her several times. “No, thank you. He probably would’ve just rolled my corpse out into the street. That’s a very strict ‘no blood in my shop’ policy he’s got. I’m lucky you were here.

Tóra didn’t seem too enthusiastic about the knife in the eye suggestion, and he shrugged at her. “That wouldn’t just maim them. It would kill them. But uh, let me think. Discouraging and not permanently disfiguring?” He immediately shot Hakon a smirk. “Hey, I’ve thought of something else to show her. Don’t worry, I’m sure she won’t kick you too hard,” he told his friend, but winked at Tóra. “This one only works on men, though,” he warned, so they both knew exactly what he was implying, and also in case the person who was ‘definitely not bothering her’ was a woman.

Henrik didn’t need to be very smart to know that Hakon wasn’t about to come over and quietly allow Tóra to kick him in the groin, and was quickly going over the best ways to defend yourself if unarmed, since that seemed to be what she was looking for. “If you’re determined to avoid the eyes, a solid punch to the throat or nose should cause some decent pain and give you time to get away from them. Their ears will ring if you slap them hard on both ears. And I’m sure it would hurt a bit.

Looking over to Hakon again quickly, Henrik shrugged again when he turned his attention back to Tóra. “Or if you wanted to point them out, I’d be happy to discourage them for you. I’ll do my very best to respect the 'no permanently disfiguring' bit.” No he wouldn’t.
Back to top Go down

Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Tóra had been expecting to grab her knife and leave, but staying here and getting a lesson in how to defend herself from a very handsome Viking was far more interesting than anything else she could have been doing. She doesn't want this little lesson to end, doesn't want Henrik's attention to go elsewhere. And even though they aren't exactly alone, the blacksmith is off doing his own thing and doesn't seem to be interested in being part of this little game. She's shockingly grateful for that, because while she doesn't mind the blacksmith's presence, she much prefers Henrik's right now. She's sure Hakon is a perfectly nice person, and she knows that Freyja is friends with him, but Henrik is much cuter and much funnier, anyway. Luckily he's content to just go back to his work, occasionally laughing or making noises, just sort of adding his own nonverbal commentary on their conversation. Like now, when Henrik says Hakon probably would have just rolled his corpse into the street because of his no blood in my sho policy, the blacksmith actually chuckles and shakes his head, and his eyes are amused as they flit between Tóra and the Viking.

Tóra decides to tease him just a little, and she does her best to hide her smile. She winks up at Henrik to signal him she's about to do something funny, then arranges her face into an expression of supreme innocence as she glances over at the blacksmith. "According to Sofie, he wouldn't have time to roll your corpse into the street because he's too busy running away from his feelings." Hakon gives her a look that's something between indignant and exasperated, but he doesn't rise to the bait. Sofie is clearly better at taunting people than she is, maybe she could ask her for some lessons. She turns her attention back to Henrik with a shrug and a smile, as if to say, ah well, maybe it'll work next time? "But maybe I'm the lucky one because you're here, and now I know how to stab someone in the kidney?" She tilts her head as she's asking him the question, as if it's a matter of utmost importance.

She shakes her head with a small giggle as he says it wouldn't maim them, it would kill them, and she can't help rolling her eyes just a bit. She watches as he smirks over at Hakon, and then he turns back to her and winks, and it feels sort of like the bottom of her stomach drops to the floor when he does that. That small wink makes her feel immediately off-balance, and so she does something to take back control of the conversation. She already knows that she has the power to stun Henrik into silence for a few seconds, and just a few seconds of silence is all she needs to gather her thoughts after that wink scattered them everywhere. "Like this?" She asks innocently, bright blue eyes just a bit too wide, and drives a knee hard up toward Henrik's groin. At the last possible moment she twists her leg so her knee connects with his thigh instead. She doesn't want t actually hurt him, since then he may not want to keep teaching her, and Tóra is surprised to find she likes talking to Henrik.

Hakon is laughing in the background again and Tóra does her best to ignore him. She nods, listening intently, as Henrik lists off the ways she could discourage attention without seriously harming someone, and she's surprised to find these are the types of things she'd been hoping to learn. Just something to give her enough time to get away, something to teach Audun that maybe she isn't someone to be messed with. That she might be small, but she still has teeth. She grins joyfully up at Henrik, nodding, but then her smile falters as she realizes something, and her eyes widen. "I've never actually punched anyone before." She hears a muffled groan from Hakon, who's realized he's probably going to be the practice dummy while Henrik teaches her the proper technique. He's probably wondering what he's done to deserve such treatment, but he sets his carving down and raises his brows at Henrik, signaling he's willing to allow the girl to practice on him. She's like half his size anyway, it'll be like getting hit by a fly.

Tóra shakes her head quickly when Henrik suggests she just tell him, partly because she's still trying to convince them that no one is bothering her, and partly because she doesn't want to say anything around Hakon because he'll probably tell Freyja. She also gets the distinct impression that he definitely will not do his best to not disfigure Audun permanently, and Tóra doesn't want any blood on her hands. "There's no one bothering me." She places careful emphasis on each word by lightly jabbing the sheathed dagger into Henrik's broad chest as she speaks, then smiles up at him as she drops her hand to her side. "This is for educational purposes only." She hopes they believe her.
Back to top Go down

Henrik Andorsson
Henrik Andorsson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 am

Henrik didn’t believe he could’ve been more shocked by anything Tóra did after she booped his nose, but then she winked at him and he didn’t know what she was about to do but he already liked it. She could do whatever she wanted as long as she winked at him first. Hell, she could stab him for real if she liked, as long as she winked at him first and was the one patching him up after. That… was probably not a good sign though.

Then she sassed Hakon and the corners of his mouth tipped up as he shot a look towards the blacksmith. “Have I missed something?” he wondered finally, whispering to Tóra like they were sharing some kind of secret. Though he’d certainly been loud enough for Hakon to hear. But clearly Sofie and possibly Tóra were under the impression something was going on between Hakon & Freyja and he wanted to know what that was all about. He’d never noticed anything odd or romantic about the way the pair of them interacted, but he assumed her sisters would know her better than he did.

That’s true, you’re very lucky,” he answered with a nod. “Usually I charge a fee before I let someone stab me.” Of course, he didn’t exactly let her stab him the first time, but he was already glossing over that whole incident. “And kidney stabbing costs extra.

She surprised him again by almost immediately taking a shot at his groin, but he was a bit quicker to react this time. Because… reasons. Obviously. She’d adjusted the angle and connected with his thigh, but in his attempt to block her, he ended up grabbing her leg right above her knee without thinking about it. Barely a second could’ve passed before he let go and stood up straighter but it had been enough to make things awkward. At least for him. You couldn’t just go around grabbing girls’ legs. He tried not to make a big deal out of it, and frowned at her again. “Not exactly like that since he was the target,” he replied, pointing a finger towards his friend. “But… yeah, like that.

Tóra appeared to be listening carefully as he explained ways to discourage people so she could get away from them, but when she said she’d never punched anyone before that presented a whole new group of problems. “Lesson Number Two. How to throw a punch.” Henrik told her, with a nod. Hakon was being a good friend about it, and Henrik called him over with a quick jerk of his head.

She repeated that no one was bothering her and jabbed him in the chest with her knife a few times, and he still decided to let it go anyway. Clearly she was as stubborn as her sisters. Shrugging at her, he grabbed the knife out of her hand quickly, tapping her on the shoulder with each syllable as he repeated, “Educational purposes only, then.” He handed the knife back to her, and held his hand up in front of him, wiggling his fingers at her before clenching them into a fist. “When you make a fist, don’t tuck your thumb into the fist, or you’ll break your thumb when you land the punch.” He felt that was important information to share before she even tried it. He couldn’t imagine how anyone thought it felt comfortable making a fist like that, but he’d had to correct a number of people in the past.

With Hakon now within striking distance Henrik smirked at him before turning his attention back to Tóra and nodding towards the blacksmith. “Go on. You want to pull your fist back, and then just…” he explained poorly before demonstrating for her by punching Hakon in the shoulder. Softly, like a good friend. Henrik waved his ‘injured’ hand in his friend’s face. “I’d let her hit me but I’m hurt.” He was going to milk that for as long as he could. Though he didn't imagine that would be very long at all.
Back to top Go down

Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Tóra can't quite keep the smile from her face as she winks up at Henrik and then sasses Hakon. The blacksmith doesn't rise to her bait, though, and instead Henrik whispers to her, definitely loud enough for Hakon to hear, and even then he doesn't butt into their conversation. Tóra shakes her head up at Henrik, and when she answers him it's in a loud whisper, too. She likes talking to him this way, it makes her feel like they're sharing a secret even though they definitely aren't. "All you missed is Sofie sticking her big nose into everyone else's business. Again." The blacksmith chuckles in agreement and shoots her a look of approval before his attention returns to his carving. She shrugs, and whispers again. "Sofie thinks they're secretly in love with each other, isn't that romantic?" She hears something like a choked, indignant snort coming from Hakon, but she ignores him and continues whispering. "I haven't noticed anything, though."

Her blue eyes are wide and full of mock worry as he tells her he usually charges a fee, and especially for kidney stabbing, and of course she can't keep the small smile from her face, hard as she tries. "I didn't pay you! Does that mean you're going to stab me in the kidney? Or can I pay you by pranking Sofie?" She would have asked if she could pay him by kneeing Hakon in the groin for his amusement--she's sure it would have had him wiping tears of laughter from his eyes--but she doesn't want to give away what she's about to do. Hakon had told her earlier that Henrik was fast, but she hadn't necessarily believed him, since stabbing Henrik the first time had been so easy. Her distraction tactics had worked well the first time, but it seemed now he was suspicious of her. She adjusted her angle to connect with his muscular thigh instead, and she's shocked by the warmth of his hand on her knee as he grabs her. He's quick to release her, but not quite quick enough. She hadn't been expecting him to block her at all, and it threw her off balance.

Her knife clatters to the floor as her hands grab for the nearest solid surface to keep herself from falling, and the nearest solid surface is Henrik. Her hands rest against his chest quickly, just long enough to steady herself, but even with that brief touch she can feel the hardness of his muscles beneath her hands. Tóra's face is flushing pink and she stammers out an apology as she stoops to retrieve her knife. When she rises, Henrik is telling her that yeah, it's like that except next time go for Hakon, and that puts her at ease enough to smile up at him again. Her cheeks still feel a bit warm and she knows she's probably still blushing because it's hard to forget the way his chest felt beneath her hands even though she only touched him for a moment.

But then Henrik is about to begin a new lesson on punching because she's never punched anyone before, and having something else to focus on helps her steady herself. Hakon walks over with a sigh to stand before them, but she's watching the way Henrik wiggles his fingers before clenching them into a fist, and his blow is soft as it connects with Hakon's shoulder. She imitates it, and Hakon sighs and gives Henrik a bemused look as he says he's injured. "Mmm, injured, right. You can hit me though, actually hit me. You didn't twist your body or step to put power behind it. It's not like this will be the first time I've ever been punched. She's small, she needs to know how to put her whole body behind it. I barely even felt it when she hit me." Hakon's face is serious. If he's going to be a punching dummy, he's going to at least make sure she figures out how to really punch. Plus, he's trying to help his friend out a bit. He has a feeling Henrik feels protective of this girl, and if he's smart, he'll take his chance to get closer to her, to use his own body to guide her in how to punch. And Tóra looks up at Henrik, her blue eyes wide and teasing. "If I give him a bloody nose, do I need to pay you?"
Back to top Go down

Henrik Andorsson
Henrik Andorsson
Viking

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:12 am

Tóra returned his fake whisper with one of her own, and Henrik snorted a bit at her reply. He couldn’t exactly say he was surprised to hear that Sofie was meddlesome. She definitely seemed the type. He raised an eyebrow at his friend though, when Tóra informed him that Sofie believed Hakon and Freyja were secretly in love with each other. “Sounds… very romantic?” He guessed? He was pretty sure Sofie was wrong but honestly, what did he know? Nothing, when it came to romance, at least. “Yeah, I can’t say I’ve noticed anything either,” he replied with a shrug. Though to be fair, he probably wouldn’t have noticed anything unless they started kissing right in front of him. Secret romance wasn’t exactly his immediate assumption when two people were acting strangely towards each other. Because that was basically how he interacted with everyone.

You did not pay me, that’s correct. But your kidneys are safe for the moment. And I don’t know if I’d want you to get into trouble with your sister over a little thing like this,” he told her, pretending to think for a moment. “I guess we could call it even, since you saved my life?” He’d been milking that pretty bad, so he thought it sounded like an even trade off.

It seemed his reaction to her trying to knee him in the groin had been a mistake because he’d touched her leg and immediately felt uncomfortable about that, but he’d forced her to drop her knife and lose her balance, which in and of itself was not a very nice thing to do. But she’d reacted by reaching out to balance herself on him, and he’d reached out to make sure she didn’t fall, and her hands were on his chest and his hands were on her waist and there was just a lot of touching going on and it was bad. It was only for a moment before everyone’s hands were back where they belonged, but it took him a second to gather his thoughts and resume his normal frowning.

Once they were onto the punching lesson, Henrik felt a bit better about the situation. He knew how to punch. Though he sent a scowl in the blacksmith’s direction as he criticized his punching ability, and sighed. “Fine. I’ll really punch you, but you heard him ask for it,” he answered looking to Tóra for a minute. At her question Henrik can’t help but grin at her briefly and shook his head. “If you give him a bloody nose, I’ll pay you.” With that, he made a fist again and slowly demonstrated the entire act of punching, as his friend had just admonished him for. And then did it again normally, actually punching Hakon this time. Not like a good friend.

He took a step closer to Tóra to take a closer look at the fist she made but didn’t want to get too close. There’d already been enough touching and he wasn’t about to initiate it again. “So go ahead, and I’ll just correct you if I need to?” At least that way he’d have permission and she’d know what he was doing. He was fairly confident just reaching out and touching people was rather impolite.
Back to top Go down

Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Tóra Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] EmptyFri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 pm

She wrinkles her nose when Henrik tentatively agrees that it sounds romantic, but she's quick to shake her head. "Sounds like a hassle to me. What's the point of being secretly in love with someone? All that means is that you don't get to be with them." Tóra's bright blue eyes are wide and serious as she nods when Henrik says he hasn't noticed anything, either. "I think Sofie is just bored. Maybe this is just some prank? I can never tell when she's being serious." She gives a heavy sigh, as if being Sofie's sister and sometimes-assistant-pranker is a great burden. The truth is that she doesn't mind it at all, and she enjoys helping Sofie with her pranks if only because she gets to spend time with her. With so many of them running around, it can be hard to spend time just one on one with any of her sisters.

She giggles when he mentions getting in trouble with Sofie over something like this, and simply shakes her head. "I'm pretty sure I have to be prank free forever. She lost me in the woods once when I was very small, and Freyja didn't believe her when she told her I was missing. Just for that alone, she owes me." She talks about it like being lost in the woods as barely more than a toddler wasn't incredibly terrifying, as if she hadn't had nightmares about being lost and alone for years afterward. She tilts her head, looking up at Henrik through her lashes when he says they can call it even because she saved his life. Finally she nods, unable to contain the joyful grin on her face. "I suppose that sounds fair. I saved your life, so naturally you should teach me how to kill someone."

When Tóra thought to knee him in the groin, she never expected that it would lead to a brief moment where her hands were on his chest and his hands were on her waist and it takes her breath away because it just feels.... Intimate. She's sure she's reading way too much into it, but she can feel her cheeks getting hot and she pulls her hands back very quickly, and he's just as fast to pull away. It was just a brief moment but the place on her waist where his hands rested feels like its on fire, and she quickly averts her eyes and ducks down to the floor, tossing her hair forward to hide her blush behind a wavy golden curtain. She's mostly gathered her thoughts by the time she stands, and she tucks the knife into her belt as Henrik shows her how to punch. Turns out Hakon doesn't think she's very good at punching, and Tóra grins sweetly up at the blacksmith as she asks Henrik about giving Hakon a bloody nose. Hakon only rolls his eyes.

Tora watches Henrik's slow motion demonstration, trying not to focus too much on the way his muscles tighten and stretch with his movements, and she can feel her cheeks heating up again. But then he moves full-speed, and his punch has enough force behind it that Hakon steps back as he absorbs the blow. He seems unbothered by it though, and Tóra wrinkles her brow in concentration as she does her best to mimic Henrik's movements. She curls her hand into a fist and places her right foot back, then steps forward with it and twists her upper body from the hip the way she'd seen Henrik do. She isn't holding her wrist firm enough though, and her wrist bends forward when she lands the blow. It doesn't hurt much but it still surprises her, although Hakon looks slightly more impressed than he did earlier.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra] Empty

Back to top Go down
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations [Tóra]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1