Kari Asgersdóttir
Farmer

PROFIELMessages : 20
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

Get on your horse and ride-Freyja  Empty
PostSubject: Get on your horse and ride-Freyja Get on your horse and ride-Freyja  EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Kari's day went by like almost every other day did in her life. She got up early and took care of all the animals on her own. Her brother Ari was off fishing or getting into trouble, and Kari told herself it was best to not know which one it was. For if he got into a lot of trouble then she was sure she would find out. Yes she tired her best to keep him out of trouble, but there was only so much she could do, and she didn't want to control him too much. Kari wanted Ari to be able to grow and learn from his decisions. So she tired to think the best, and not worry about things until someone came knocking on the door to complain about him. Luckily it had been a while since that had happen as well. Her dear brother had to be more busy with his fishing business, and had less time to cause trouble. That was at her hope about the matter anyways. When she had finished taking care of all the animals, she had come home to do some cleaning of the house, and laundry. Something she had been doing for years now, so it wasn't too much trouble, and took her far less time then taking care of the animals took her.

After cleaning up everything around the house and putting all the clean clothes up to dry near the fire, Kari set toward getting dinner cooked for the two of them. For even if Ari was not home to eat when she was, she knew he was going to come home at some point to eat something. So she wanted something to be there for when ever he did drag his silly butt home. She was standing at the table cutting up some dried salted beef when Angan jumped onto the table and snatched a large chunk of the meat she had been working with off of the table and tried to take off with it. "No Angan!" she shouted at him as she moved forward to grab at the naughty little guy. A silly gesture on her part, for he was far faster then she was, and now that he had the meat. Angan was not going to give it back to her. "You naughty little boy!" she called after him as she watched him take off and up into the loft of their house. To go and eat his little treat he had taken for himself. Shaking her head in annoyance she went over to their cold storage to get more meat to work with.

However just as she was about to walk back over toward the table she had been working at with more meat, there was a knock on her door. Taking a deep breath, she made sure to cover the new meat she had gotten out, so while she was seeing who was here to see her, Angan couldn't come down and take even more while she was busy. Sending a silent pray to the gods that her bother hadn't done anything stupid, Kari mad sure to say "Just a moment!" before grabbing her knife, putting it into a place she would be able to grab at easily, and walking over toward the door. One could never be too careful, and she was not about to be attacked without putting up a fight. Opening the door she was brought face to face with Freyja Stafnsdóttir, one of the village boat builder. Putting a smile onto her face as she opened the door all the way for her. "Oh, good evening Freyja." she says to her first.

This had to be the second time they had spoken, the first being when she sold her the horse. Hopefully nothing was wrong with the beauty that she sold to her. However if there was she would do her best to help the other women out. "What can I do for you this evening?" she says to her next before stepping to the side a bit. "And do please come inside, its getting very cold out there." she says to her after. Wanting to make sure to be polite and kind. Freyja was a nice women, and if Kari was honest she would love to have more friends. Freyja would be on the list of people she would like to be friends with if she was to be making more friends. As she waited on the side, Angan came down to investigate. Running up to her legs and jumping on her to get her to pick him up. He had met Freyja last time,and had decided she was safe then. So he just wanted to be included in the conversation. However Kari was still mad he was a bad boy, so she didn't bend down to pick me up like he wanted.

Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 136
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Get on your horse and ride-Freyja Get on your horse and ride-Freyja  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Freyja had originally been on board with the whole Hakon, Henrik, Haskell & Sofie going to Kattegat thing, because she knew Sofie would be safer away from Skagen at the moment, and some distance between her and Hakon had seemed like a good idea at the time. But now she just needed him to get his butt back here so she could talk to him, and the fact that he’d taken all of her friends with him, so she was all alone here, was something she hadn’t really considered until she found herself with no one to talk to. Basically, she needed to make more friends. But she was going to be annoyed anyway, despite having no logical reason to be.

So, rather than spend the rest of her day snapping at Aleinn because she wasn’t in the best mood, she’d left the docks early, and headed back towards the village. She was making the long trek towards the farms on the opposite side of the village, and while logic told her she should go home and get Elsa rather than walk the whole way, she decided she could use the time to think. Plus, she’d been trying to think of a way to help cheer Sofie up when she came back from Kattegat, and had finally settled on how to go about it. Which was one of the two reasons she was heading towards Kari’s farm to begin with.

By the time she reached the farm, it was early evening, and it was pretty chilly, but the cloak around her shoulders and the constant motion had helped keep her warm. Knocking quickly on the door, she clutched the cloak around her a bit tighter, feeling the cold far more now that she’d stopped walking. When Kari answered the door and greeted her, Freyja flashed her a friendly smile, and entered the house when the invitation was extended. “Thanks,” she added, watching the fox dancing at the other woman’s feet.

Sorry to bother you, I just had a couple questions and an evening to myself and thought I’d come by and see if you were free?” She hoped she was free, anyway. Otherwise she’d made a very long trip for nothing. Perhaps she should’ve just gone home first and taken Elsa rather than walk all this way without knowing if it would be a wasted trip. Oh well, she’d remember that for next time.
Back to top Go down

Kari Asgersdóttir
Kari Asgersdóttir
Farmer

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Get on your horse and ride-Freyja Get on your horse and ride-Freyja  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Kari is still smiling brighting as she looks at Freyja, and ignoring her bad little fox who was getting desperate to be picked up. If he wanted to be cuddled and loved on he should have known not to steal her meat, so she was going to keep ignoring him for a bit. If she never punished her little Angan he was never going to stop being such a bad little boy. “Thanks, she hears Freyja say to her and Kari nods her head and smiles. She was glad the other women was coming inside. It was getting colder and colder as time went on and winter was her longer. Kari was never one to let people stand outside in the cold anyways. That was never a nice thing to do to someone. Once Freyja was inside, Kari shut the door and smiled at her. Waiting to see what brought her all the way out here. When she didn't see the horse, it worried her even more that maybe something was wrong with the horse she sold her. Kari would do her best to make it right, but she was sure the horse was very healthy when she sold it to her. She would just be calm until she figured out what was really going on. “Sorry to bother you, I just had a couple questions and an evening to myself and thought I’d come by and see if you were free?” she hears her say next and Kari smiles.

Taking a deep breath she gently nudges the Fox still jumping at her away from her feet before looking toward Freyja again. "Oh yes I am free, no need to worry." Kari says to her first and smiles. "What can I help you with?" she says walking in farther and grabbing two cups. "Hopefully nothing is wrong with that dear horse I sold you, I saw she was not with you." she says to her next as Angan jumps at her yet again.Starting to wine an bark at her next. Kari could tell he was going to just get louder and louder until he got his way and she picked him up. So she quickly poured them a little bit of ale and then picking the naughty little devil up off the ground. "I would have handed it to you, but he would have just gotten worse if I didn't pick him up. Sorry. My brother has had a bad influence on him." she says to her before looking to the fox and waving her finger in its face.

Looking back toward Freyja she adjusted the Fox a bit so it was more comfortable to hold him, talk, and drink at the same time. if he wasn't such a little bad boy she wouldn't have to learn to do things like this, but this was just how her life worked. The little fox was a needy, and jealous little guy. It was almost like he though he was her real child at times. "So what kind of questions do you have for me? I hope I can be of help." she says to her last as she picks on her drink and takes a drink of it. Angan already trying to annoy her farther by truing to drink some of her own drink as well. It was going to be a long night if he was already being this bad and Freyja just had gotten here. Kari felt a combination of embarrassed and annoyed.Embarrassed that Freyja was seeing this, and annoyed her brother had enough influence on Angan, that the more time the two of them spent together, the more misbehaving her little fox got.

Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 136
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Get on your horse and ride-Freyja Get on your horse and ride-Freyja  EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 12:12 am

Sighing in relief when Kari said she was free, Freyja smiled brighter and nodded at the younger woman. She was glad to hear it. As the brunette grabbed a couple cups, Freyja shook her head at her question about Elsa, but was distracted by the misbehaving fox and didn’t immediately answer. She couldn’t help but laugh at the interaction between Kari and the animal, and nodded in understanding, at least about troublesome siblings.

The horse is fine, I decided to walk from the docks and didn’t bother going home first,” she replied finally, picking up the cup of ale and taking a quick sip. “Well, I do have a question about the horse, actually. Is it going to be any sort of problem that my sisters seem determined to treat her like a house pet?” She still remembered the sight she was greeted with when she came home the day she’d brought Elsa to the house. The horse had been utterly unadorned when she’d left, but had flowers and ribbon and braids in her mane and tail a few hours later. The girls had made quick work of it. “I didn’t intend to work her to the bone, of course. But she’s fairly spoiled at the moment.

In all honesty, Freyja didn’t mind. She liked animals and wouldn’t have spare a second thought if the horse had been a puppy or something. But she didn’t know anything about horses, and wanted to make sure there wasn’t something she should be doing to make sure Elsa’s calm temperament remained intact. Visna was still afraid of horses, after all.

She chuckled when the fox tried to take a drink for Kari’s cup. It was adorable, even if the other woman was clearly quite exasperated at his behavior. After a few moments, she finally remembered her other question. “Oh! And do you have any puppies for sale? Sofie’s had… a bit of a rough few days before she went to Kattegat,” she admitted, not wanting to go into detail because she wasn’t much of a gossip, but she didn’t know how much Kari knew of the situation. Living out here on the farms meant you were a little bit removed from daily village life. “Our parents never let us have pets but now that it’s just us, I wanted to surprise her when she comes home.
Back to top Go down

Kari Asgersdóttir
Kari Asgersdóttir
Farmer

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Get on your horse and ride-Freyja Get on your horse and ride-Freyja  EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 2:12 am

Kari was actually glad that Freyja had come and stopped by. She had enjoyed the other women company when she had come by to buy the horse from her, and if she was honest she really didn't have to many friends that were girls. She had Vern, and Haskell that she talked to almost regularly, However Vern was silly, and Haskell she secretly liked more then a friend right now. So it was hard to talk to him about real life things or things that could be embarrassing. Kari just deep down wanted some kind of girlfriend that she could go and talked to, and she hoped the Freyja could maybe be one of those for her. She knew that the other women was hard working, caring, and she liked her. Now the only problem would be, if Freyja would want someone like her as a friend in the first place. Kari wasn't really sure how she would go about finding that out, but she wanted to try. However right now she needed to figure out why Freyja was here in the first place and make sure the horse was okay as well. Once that was done, maybe she could work in them doing something together. Because she as pretty sure that was what normal friends wanted to do, and she knew that was what she wanted to do too. To get out of the house and off the farm more.

When she heard Freyja answer her first question she felt relieved at her words.“The horse is fine, I decided to walk from the docks and didn’t bother going home first,” Freyja said to her first and Kari smiled and nodded her head to her words. She understood that, and it made sense to her. She was just very glad that the animal was okay. Freyja had come over and gotten her ale that she had poured and it made her smile as she watched he take a sip before she went on to speak more. “Well, I do have a question about the horse, actually. Is it going to be any sort of problem that my sisters seem determined to treat her like a house pet?” Freyja says to her next and Kari gives her a bright smile before shaking her head no at her. That was not going to be a problem at all. As long as the horse understood that it still had to do work even if it was being spoiled from time to time. “I didn’t intend to work her to the bone, of course. But she’s fairly spoiled at the moment.” Freyja says to her next and Kari nods and says "I don't think it shall be a problem at all. As long as she knows you are still the boss and has to do what you say, a little bit of spoiling never hurts an animal. It actually helps the bond between you. Helping them be more loyal to you in return." to her first."You are a very good person who is hard working, so I don't see there ever being a problem. She will just be a well fed happy horse, and there is nothing wrong with that!" she says to her next with another smile just thinking about it.

Talking another drink from her cup and dodging the foxes face for a second time Kari smiles at Freyja when she goes to speak again after she let out a laugh at her silly foxes behavior. Kari was glad that she thought the fox was funny. “Oh! And do you have any puppies for sale? Sofie’s had… a bit of a rough few days before she went to Kattegat,” she hears her say, and Kari knows right away what she is talking about. That her sister had to go to see the earl, and that another women as now dead. She had not been in town when everything had happened, however she had heard things from her brother and other people around her. Kari felt very badly for Sofie, and now that she got into trouble she worried even more that her brother was going to be next on the list of people to have to see the earl for his jokes and tricks. “Our parents never let us have pets but now that it’s just us, I wanted to surprise her when she comes home.” Freyja says last and Kari smiles.

Setting her cup down she takes a deep breath before shaking her head no with a frown. "I don't have any dogs I am sorry. I wish I did, however this little guy is a little bit on the jealous side. I had tried when I first bought the farm buy he would do nothing but whine and bite them. So it was more trouble then it was worth. Vern however has lots right now, and I'm sure he would give one to you for a good deal. Tell him I sent you over, and its for Sofie." she says to her first before going on. "I'm sorry about what happened with her too, I don't know everything...and I would never ask for details, but I'm sorry someone so young had to deal with that all the same." Kari says to her next. She is trying to come off as kind and understanding, ands he hopes that is what she did. "It makes me worry about Ari, he himself can get into trouble..." she says to her next. Trailing off a bit at the end for she didn't want to make it about her or her brother.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Get on your horse and ride-Freyja Get on your horse and ride-Freyja  Empty

Back to top Go down
Get on your horse and ride-Freyja
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1