Hakon Odinsson
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 77
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Empty
PostSubject: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Hakon doesn’t love social situations all the time, but it’s one of the things he’s getting better at. It’s difficult when you had nothing and are on some level always worried that what you have will be taken away. It’s been years now and he’s just starting to relax into his life, just starting to realize that maybe all he’s worked for won’t be ripped from him. And that’s part of why he’s here. The other reason is Freyja. It’s her mother’s birthday and he knows that she and her sisters haven’t had much cause to celebrate in recent years. He knew their father only vaguely, Stafn had been a customer of Hakon’s blacksmithing master, Vidar. He knew most of the sisters a bit, and had even seen their mother around once or twice. But he isn’t going to their mother’s birthday celebration for Kara. Sure, he’s brought her a present: a small, pretty brooch he’s made out of bronze. It isn’t much but he put his usual care into its forging and set a small blue stone into its center. He’s uncertain he should even be going. Freyja didn’t invite him, Sofie did, and for a moment Hakon is worried Freyja didn’t invite him because she didn’t want to see him. But he pushes that thought aside and goes anyway. It would be so much easier to stay at home and go to bed early, but he knows this celebration is just as much for the sisters as for the mother. They finally feel secure enough to celebrate things again. It’s as much a testament to their strength as t is to anything else.

He’s washed the soot from his skin and the smell of smoke from his hair, although even so it lingers lightly around him. His black hair is pulled back into a messy bun and he’s wearing clothes that don’t have any burn marks on them. Hakon can clean up pretty nicely when he puts the effort into it. He arrives just around the time Sofie told him to, the small brooch in his pocket, and looks around at the mingling crowd. It seems to be a pretty calm affair, but the evening is still early. Hakon buys himself an ale and finds an empty bench at one of the long tables. It isn’t too long before a pretty little woman with long dark hair slides onto the bench beside him, an ale in each hand and a smile on her face. Hakon is still working on the ale he’s bought himself, but with a smile he assures her he’ll drink the one she’s brought for him. She makes him forget how uneasy he can feel sometimes in crowds, and he turns toward her with one of his rare smiles to enjoy her company. She tosses her hair back, revealing a pale shoulder, and Hakon tries to ignore the nagging worry of what Freyja will think if she sees him flirting with another woman. He and Freyja are merely friends, nothing more, and so what should she care? And why should he care what she thinks? He takes a hearty swing of his ale to drown the annoying little voice in his head, and chuckles at some joke the girl makes. He can’t help but think that she isn’t as funny as Freyja.
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 136
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 am

Everything seemed to be going well so far, and Freyja was actually enjoying herself. Her mother had been surprised by the party but seemed to be having fun. Her sisters also seemed to be having a good time, and while Freyja was attempting to monitor the four of them carefully, she didn’t want to hover and end up fighting with any of them here in public, so she was trying to keep her distance. She just didn’t want it to fall on their mother to keep the others in line tonight.

Freyja noticed her mother was dancing again, and raised an eyebrow at that. Was that the same man she’d danced with last time? Or was Freyja simply not paying close enough attention? She didn’t really know, but Kara was grinning so Freyja decided it didn’t really matter either way.

She was nearly ready to go home and change out of the dress she was wearing and into her normal clothing when she spotted Hakon and started in his direction. She hadn’t been sure if any of her friends would actually be there tonight. The girls had invited quite a few people, and Freyja hadn’t invited any. She didn’t want anyone to feel obligated to go just because she asked them, and had wanted to be able to keep her attention on her family for the evening. Still, she found she was glad to see a familiar face that didn’t belong to someone she was related to.

Hakon, hey,” she greeted, coming up beside him. “Are you just passing through or did one of the girls invite you?” she inquired with a smile, not immediately realizing the woman glaring at her had been flirting with him. “I didn’t invite anyone, because I didn’t think it was going to be a big thing. I guess I was mistaken, since it looks like they managed to invite the whole village.” Leave it to her sisters to hear the words ‘a couple people’ and invite literally everyone they bumped into. But she couldn’t say she was sorry to spend more time with her friends.

When the glaring didn’t stop, and Freyja put it all together, she raised her eyebrows and smiled a little at her friend, nodding ever so slightly to the brunette beside him. “Should I go?” She didn’t want to interrupt him if he was, uh, making new friends.
Back to top Go down

Hakon Odinsson
Hakon Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Hakon thinks maybe he should start listening to the little voice in his head, because it usually ends up being right. No sooner did he wonder what Freyja would think if she saw him flirting with another woman, and just like that she appears. He shouldn't be so shocked, since this is a celebration for her mother's birthday, but he can't help the sudden clenching of his stomach at her appearance, and he turns his attention immediately from the dark-haired woman at his side. If Hakon wasn't so stoic all the time, it might have been easy to read the shock and awe on his face. As it is, he simply gives her wide friendly smile. His multi-colored eyes sweep over her quickly but politely, his gaze doesn't linger and isn't inappropriate. He's simply never seen her in a dress before, and the sight of it is a bit of a shock to his system. Obviously he's going to need more ale to cope with this. Damn Sofie and her big mouth, making him examine his feelings. It's much easier to be in the dark as far as Hakon is concerned. Less chance of getting hurt that way.

But he pushes all these negative thoughts away, because Freyja is talking to him, and he forgets about the woman sitting next to him. "Freyja." He greets her. "Sofie invited me when she stopped by to get her knife." He raises his eyebrows when she says it wasn't supposed to be a big thing. "Of course its a big thing, you left your sisters in charge of inviting people. Between all of you, you must know everyone in Skagen." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the small bronze brooch, blue stone winking in the dim light of the tavern, and holds it out to Freyja. "For your mother. I was going to give it to her myself, but," he shrugs and jerks his chin in the direction of Freyja's dancing mother. "She seems to be having a good time, and I didn't want to interrupt her."

It took Freyja's mischievous little smile, her raised eyebrows and the slight nod toward the girl at his side for Hakon to remember that he'd been flirting with someone else less than a minute ago. A light blush colors his cheeks faintly pink when he remembers, and he hopes its dark enough in the tavern to hide it. He'd all but forgotten she was there, and he certainly had forgotten her name. He glances quickly at her, then up at Freyja with a half-mocking look on his face, mouthing, "help me" soundlessly at her. The girl doesn't stop glaring and Hakon only scoots over on the bench, his eyes glimmering with amusement. There's enough room for Freyja to sit beside him now, and he slides the ale the other girl had brought over to Freyja. The brunette leaves with an annoyed huff, jostling Hakon roughly as she leaves, and he grins up at Freyja. "You saved me." He can't stop the small chuckle that rumbles up from his chest as he raises his eyebrows at her. "What would I ever do without you to save my ass all the time?"
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 11:35 pm

Freyja caught the quick up and down Hakon did when he first saw her, and assumed it was because this was definitely the first time he’d seen her in a dress. And the last time, if she had anything to say about it. “Visna made it,” she commented, looking down at the dress quickly. “But I’m about ten seconds from going home to change before I trip or tear or spill something on it,” she added with a grin.

She nodded when Hakon told her Sofie had invited him when she got the knife from him. “Was she nice? Did she say ‘thank you’?” she wondered, half joking, half nervous about what his answer was going to be. Sofie was a handful these days, constantly trying to get a rise out of everyone she spoke to, and Freyja knew none of her friends were safe from her sister’s games. It was a bit stressful, if she was being honest; She had a good relationship with a number of people in Skagen, but how far would those relationships get her if Sofie managed to piss them all off? Freyja just had to hope no one took her trouble making sister too seriously.

She laughed at his comment about letting her sisters invite people. She knew he was right, it was just that they interacted with more people on a daily basis than she did, and had assumed they’d be a little pickier in who they chose to invite. “Well, I’m glad she invited you, at least. There are some people here I swear I’ve never even seen.” That was only a slight exaggeration. She’d seen most of them, but there were a number she’d never once spoken to before. When had any of the girls run into them, and why in the world had they been invited?

When Hakon handed her the brooch, Freyja tilted it this way, and that, so it shined in the light and she could get a good look at the detail he’d put into it. “You didn’t have to get her something,” she told him, hoping he hadn’t gone to too much trouble for it. “But it’s beautiful. I’m sure she’s going to love it.” She obviously knew Hakon was very skilled, but she was so used to seeing the weapons and ship fittings he made, that seeing the brooch surprised her a bit. Sometimes she forgot exactly how talented he was. Freyja turned to watch her mother again for a moment when he mentioned she seemed to be having a good time. She squinted a little, still trying to determine if that was the same man as before, but turned back to Hakon quickly.

Freyja couldn’t help but chuckle a bit at Hakon’s reaction to the woman beside him. Maybe he wasn’t making new friends after all. When he made enough space for her to take a seat between the two of them, she did so quickly, wondering only for a moment who the woman was and if this would bite her in the ass later on. She moved on from those thoughts quickly enough. Taking the ale he’d offered, she looked at it for a moment. “Did she get this for you?” she questioned with a laugh, drinking it anyway. She assumed that was one of the many reasons the brunette had walked off in a huff.

You would die,” she replied immediately to his question, mostly with a straight face. “Without me, you’d be making friends all over the place, with people like her.” She looked in the direction the woman had stomped off in. “She looks very polite. Like someone who’d be nice to you. What good are friends like that?
Back to top Go down

Hakon Odinsson
Hakon Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 3:16 am

Hakon has thought Freyja was beautiful since the first moment he laid eyes on her, although she'd been sweaty and tired, and the grief from her father's death was still fresh. He'd barely opened his shop a month prior, but thankfully the gods decreed that beautiful woman would be one of his regular customers. Although he'd known her for years now, and although he always thought her beautiful, that was secondary to everything else about her. It was her fierce loyalty, her determination, and her work ethic that he admired much more than her looks. It was her laughter and her sense of humor that never failed to bring a smile to his face. But then again, he'd never seen her in a dress before, and the sight was nearly enough to knock the breath from his lungs. He smiled up at her, shaking his head, when she told him she wanted to change. "Visna does beautiful work. Don't offend her by changing into trousers. Tonight is a special night."

Hakon takes a sip of his ale when Freyja asks if Sofie behaved herself, and shrugs. "As much as she ever behaves. Yes, she thanked me. But I think I managed to offend her. Has that ever happened before?" He chuckles, looking around, when Freyja says there are people she swears she's never seen. Skagen is a fairly sizable village, and most of the faces in here are familiar to Hakon. Unlike Freyja's sisters, though, he hasn't talked to nearly as many of them. He dug into his pocket and handed her the brooch, then watched as she turned it this way and that to inspect it. He ducks his head quickly to hide his smile. "I need more practice with bronze. I don't work with it as much as steel, but there's still joy in the creation of it." He knows perhaps that sounds a little sentimental, foolish even, but he can always blame the ale for loosening his tongue. And besides that, he knows that Freyja is a skilled craftswoman, and so if anyone will understand his joy at creating, it will be her.

Hakon only grins at Freyja and slides the ale over to her when she sits down. He ignores the huff and jostling of the departing brunette and turns his full attention to Freyja. "Funny, she did get that for me." At her straight face and the answer to his question, his face immediately turns serious. His one hazel eye and one blue eye widen in mock indignation. "Polite? Polite? She was trying to get me drunk and steal my innocence!" He somehow manages to look scandalized, but then he chuckles, a smile cracking his mask. "You're right though, I would probably die. You know how I feel about people being nice to me. It's terrible. I much prefer your wicked company." He winks at her to show he's kidding, jostling her arm lightly with his elbow. "So thank you for saving my life."
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 6:16 am

As she looked around the tavern, trying to catch a glimpse of her mother and sisters to make sure everyone was having a good time, and to make sure Sofie wasn’t getting up to too much mischief, Freyja couldn’t help but smile to herself. So far, the night seemed to be a success. Hopefully this would be one of many good times her family had in the near future. They’d been in mourning for long enough.

When Hakon mentioned that Visna had made her a beautiful dress, she couldn’t disagree, even if she did feel rather uncomfortable in it. “You’re right. I should be able to last a couple hours, at least,” she answered with a smile. She didn’t want to hurt her sister’s feelings, after all. And it was a beautiful dress.

Her stomach sank a bit at Hakon’s reply to her question about Sofie’s behavior. “Do I want to know what she did?” She definitely should’ve gone with Sofie when she collected the knife Hakon had made for her. Not that Freyja being there would have made any difference to Sofie, but she could have at least dragged the menacing seventeen year old out of his shop and spared him the headache. “I’ll be sure to not send her to see you ever again,” she added, sending him an apologetic look. She really should’ve seen that coming. “And if you really did offend her, I’m absolutely certain that she deserved it.” Freyja didn’t even need to know what he’d said that could possibly offend someone like her sister.

Glancing at the brooch again as he spoke about needing more work with bronze, Freyja sent him a bit of a sideways look. “I’d say you’ve figured it out,” she told him with a smile, though she understood the desire to constantly improve your skills, especially in the areas you believed yourself to be lacking in. She took a closer look at the brooch regardless. “You know, you should talk to Visna and my mother. Maybe work something out with them? If you really want to practice on other metals, maybe make a few pieces like this that they could buy from you to pair with some of their dresses?” She shrugged again immediately, not entirely sure if that was something he or the pair of dressmakers would be interested in. But what could it hurt to mention?

Laughing when he said the flirty brunette had gotten the ale for him, Freyja shook her at him. “Well, I’m happy to help you finish it,” she said, taking another sip of ale. But she nearly spit it right back out, all over the place when he accused the woman of trying to steal his innocence. “Are you trying to kill me?” she asked, leaning towards him to shove his shoulder with her own once she finally got herself under control. “Visna will murder me if I ruin this dress,” she told him, looking down to make sure she hadn’t spilled anything on it.

She was still laughing at his comments when he continued on, about how much he disliked nice people. Freyja nodded in agreement. “Nice people are just the worst. They’re all liars. But me, at least I’m honest.” Despite his wink, she pretended to be offended for a moment. “Wicked, is it?” Chuckling once more, she continued, “I think I can live with that.

Nodding solemnly, she placed her hand over her heart. “You’re very welcome. Just as long as you know that I saved your life. I promise, I’ll never be nice to you, for as long as we’re friends.

Turning her attention to the crowd once more, she nodded towards the small group of people her sisters seemed to be chatting with. “They look like they’re having fun, right?” Freyja noted happily that she certainly was.
Back to top Go down

Hakon Odinsson
Hakon Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 9:45 pm

Hakon watches Freyja looking around and taking everything in, making sure her sisters are behaving themselves and having fun. He followed her gaze and noted that everything seemed to be going very well. He was happy for her and her family. He came to the tavern pretty regularly--mostly because he's too lazy to cook sometimes--and he can't recall the last time he's seen one of them in here. It was definitely before their father died, although he hadn't known them then, but how could you forget a woman like Freyja? Her sisters were much younger than her and therefore escaped his notice until he got to know Freyja, for it was impossible to be friends with her and not know about her sisters. Her love for them drove everything she did, and was a massive part of what made her into the loyal, dedicated, hard-working woman she was. He's glad to see her family out and having fun, happy to see them finally feel they have something worth celebrating. And they do seem to be enjoying themselves, and Freyja is smiling, and he's confident enough in their friendship to know she enjoys his company, and that makes him smile when she turns back to him.

He nods when she agrees she can probably last a few hours, and then she's asking about Sofie again and he takes a sip of ale and waves her question off with a careless hand. "She's no trouble." He pauses, shakes his head, and starts over. "Well, no trouble I can't handle, anyway. She can always come to my shop if she needs something. I might have to rig up some sort of early warning system, though. Maybe I'll train Fenrir to bark when she's near?" He raises his eyebrows but besides that looks entirely serious. Fenrir is his old dog, but he spends most of his days sleeping in Hakon's house now. Once he followed him everywhere, sleeping in his shop and trailing behind him when he went to make deliveries, but now he prefers to sleep most of the time. "If I made a bell to put around her neck to warn people when she's coming, do you think she would wear it?" His face is utterly serious for another second before he grins at her and takes another sip of his ale. He doesn't add that he felt bad for offending Sofie, because he's having a good time right now and he doesn't want any unpleasantness to spoil the moment.

He watches her inspecting the brooch, and he only smiles when she gives him her little sideways look. Then she makes her suggestion and he sits up a bit straighter, tilting his head as he considers it. It's a brilliant idea, and could only benefit both him and the dressmakers. He'll sell decorative pieces to them cheaply enough so they can make a profit off them. They're more for him to improve his skills anyway. He likes making decorative pieces--not as much as he likes forging weapons, but decorative pieces are something he doesn't get to do very often. Making them is a challenge, and Hakon has always enjoyed challenges. Maybe that's why he enjoys Freyja's company so much. He pushes that thought aside and nods thoughtfully. "I'll go to their shop soon, maybe tomorrow. It's a good idea."

At her reaction to his statement on the brunette attempting to steal his--admittedly nonexistent--innocence, he can't help but laugh. Hakon has a nice laugh, warm and rich, although he doesn't use it nearly often enough. He's still chuckling when she accuses him of trying to kill her, shoving his shoulder with her own, and he automatically shoves her right back, adding his elbow into the mix to gently prod at her ribs. He grins down at her, shaking his head as he draws his elbow away and straightens. "Of course I'm not trying to kill you! I'll never find another friend as mean to me as you are." The grin drops from his face and he turns very serious for a moment. "You're irreplaceable, Freyja." He can only stay that serious around her for a few moments, especially with the ale heating his blood up, and he smiles when she agrees that nice people are the worst. He follows her gaze down, noting that she'd spilled nothing on the dress. He quickly brings his eyes back to her face, resisting the strong temptation to let his gaze linger on her body.

He chuckles as she agrees that she can live with being called wicked. "I'm glad you're strong enough to handle the truth." He tells her, smiling. He has a hard time keeping a straight face as she continues, but he somehow manages it. "I'll never forget that I owe you my life." He imitates her gesture and places his hand on his heart, like he would do if he was making a solemn vow to her. "And I promise to always be entirely rude to you." He nods gravely before a wide grin cracks his facade, and he follows her gaze as she looks around, spotting her sisters. He follows her nod and finds the small crowd, and after silently watching them for a few moments, he nods. "They do. They look happy." He turns his attention back to Freyja, and for a moment he becomes completely serious. This is Hakon as he usually is, serious and thoughtful, and the full weight of his eyes--one bright blue and one warm hazel--settles on Freyja for a moment. "And are you?" But it's hard to remain serious around her for too long because he doesn't want to spoil her fun, so he leans forward and lightly shoves his shoulder into hers. "Because if you aren't, I know a brunette who's buying ale tonight."He gives her a small, teasing smile.
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 5:04 am

Just enjoying spending this time as carefree as possible, Freyja sipped at the free ale she’d gotten from Hakon, and tried to focus her attention on him instead of on her family. Tonight was just as much for her as it was her sisters, and they all seemed to be behaving. For now. So she should enjoy herself, too.

She nodded when he said Sofie was no trouble, willing to let the matter slide for now, but fully prepared to have a word or two with her sister within the next couple of days about how inappropriate her behavior was becoming. But at his ‘early warning system’ comment, Freyja threw her head back, laughing, just picturing his poor old dog even having to interact with Sofie at all. “Don’t torment poor Fenrir like that,” she told him once she’d managed to catch her breath, the wide grin still firmly in place.

Which was good because then he asked if Sofie’d wear a bell and she was sure the slightly scandalized look that crossed her face before she started laughing again would give him a good laugh of his own. “I think I probably wouldn’t risk that one either,” she told him, shaking her head at him. “But if you do manage to rig something up, I’d love to try replicating it down at the docks.” Making fun of her sisters probably shouldn’t be this funny, but to be fair, she had a great time making fun of just about anyone when she was talking to Hakon.

Nodding again when he said he’d stop by the dress shop soon, Freyja rolled her eyes. “Of course it’s a good idea. It was my idea.” And she was a genius, thank you very much. She was watching his face while he laughed, the corner of her mouth tipped up slightly. He should really do that more often, she decided immediately. And then it was her turn to laugh again, because he was calling her mean. His face went very serious when he told her she was irreplaceable but he smiled at her again quickly enough and she shook her head at him.

Is it my turn to say something nice?” she whispered, as if they were playing parts in a show. “I would be lost without you,” she told him, her face managing to remain neutral for just about as long as his did. “Actually, that’s probably true, you know,” she added, thinking about it for a moment. “Where would I get my ship fittings? Who would be mean to me all the time? Who would I complain about everyone to?” She smiled at him then. “So don’t go anywhere, okay?” Taking another sip from her ale, she grinned at him again. He promised to always be rude to her and she raised her cup to him and nodded, “That’s more like it.

She was relieved that he thought her family looked happy too. She knew it wasn’t something she needed to be so worried about all the time, but knowing that didn’t actually help at all. She was worried about a lot of things when it came to her sisters. But for tonight, she could push those worries aside. When Hakon asked her if she was happy, she turned to look at him, her brow furrowed a bit. He appeared to be serious, but he was good at that, so she could never really tell unless he smiled again. Was she happy? That wasn’t a question she was prepared to answer at the moment, so she was glad when he cracked a joke about the brunette she’d chased off. “Why, d'you think she’d buy me another?” she answered, leaning away from him for a moment, pretending to search for her in the crowd.
Back to top Go down

Hakon Odinsson
Hakon Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 am

Hakon is glad that Freyja seems to be having a good time, and he's glad that everything seems to be going so smoothly so far. He knows it's still early in the night, and perhaps the worst thing that will happen tonight is that Freyja will catch him flirting with another woman. The memory of it causes his stomach to momentarily drop with embarrassment, but it's fleeting. Besides, Freyja is laughing at his suggestion of an early warning system for Sofie, and he can't help but grin back at her. "You're right, he's old. He deserves to relax." He's still chuckling, but his voice is warm when he speaks of his dog. He's had him since he was a pup, and Fenrir is easily the most constant thing in Hakon's life. He's been there from the early days of his apprenticeship to Vidar. Fenrir has been in his life longer than a lot of people, and he appreciates the sweet old dog's loyal, laid-back nature. He's a constant joy in Hakon's life, a comforting presence in a world that always seems to be in flux.

"You'll be the first to know if I come up with something." He promises with a chuckle. He rolls his eyes at her proclamation that the idea is good because it was her idea. "Right, I'm sorry, how could I forget? All your ideas are good." He keeps his voice as flat as it can be, but then he grins at her and takes a sip from his ale. He nods, his face solemn, as she whispers. His eyes are glinting with humor, though, and it's a struggle to keep his face so serious in her presence. Why does she make him feel so carefree? He grins over at her, his serious face breaking, as she tells him not to go anywhere. "I'll stay in Skagen, just for you. Just so you can get your ship fittings and have someone to complain to about everyone else in the village." He leans over to jostle her lightly with his shoulder, a little nervous about what seemed to be the brief moment of seriousness in her. She was supposed to be having fun tonight, and he was determined that she would.

He notes that she doesn't answer his question about being happy, but he doesn't push her. Freyja probably knows he's serious most of the time, so it shouldn't shock her. But if she doesn't want to examine her own happiness too closely, Hakon isn't going to try to force her. For starters, she would probably murder him if he tried, and besides, who is he to call people out on ignoring feelings? The guy sitting next to the woman he might be in love with, continuing to deny it to himself despite mounting evidence. He's in no place to accuse anyone of ignoring their feelings. He understands not wanting to examine things too closely. He quickly cracks a joke to save her from answering the question and to prevent any awkward pauses in the conversation, and he's relieved when she goes along with it. He laughs as she pretends to search for the angry brunette, and he rolls his eyes and manages to look hurt. "You don't think I would buy you ale if you want another? With how mean I am to you all the time, its the least I could do." He rolls his eyes, snorting, looking back at her with a playful smile."That actually hurt my feelings." He dramatically places his hand over his heart, trying to look innocent and hurt at the same time.
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Nodding when Hakon agreed with her, that his poor dog was too old to be tormented by Sofie, she smiled at him. “I wish I was old enough to not be tormented by Sofie,” she told him, shaking her head. Her sister was going to be the death of her, she could feel it. But she wasn’t here to stress about Sofie tonight, so she took another sip of ale and looked at Hakon. “What about you? Are you having fun?” She couldn’t imagine he’d really meant to spend very long here, but she was glad he hadn’t left yet.

Excellent,” she told him with a laugh, about his potential early warning system. Mostly she just wanted to see Sofie’s face when she realized what was happening. They could just rig up something ridiculous to mess with her. It would be great. And she’d more than deserve it. Once again she found herself happy he’d decided to come. While she’d meant to spend most of the evening with her family, she knew she was enjoying herself far more here with him than she would’ve been simply standing around listening to her sisters.

She didn’t even want to think about what Skagen would be like without him. For her, mostly, because she was having a selfish moment. So Freyja laughed when he said he wouldn’t go anywhere. “Good. I like you right where you are,” she told him with a nod, grinning when he nudged her with his shoulder, and returning the gesture.

Laughing at his faux-wounded expression, Freyja downed the remaining contents of her cup and thrust the now empty cup in his direction. “Don’t be mad, you can buy me as many as you like. Or, I suppose we could take turns? As I’ve heard I can, on occasion, be a little bit not nice.” She blinked at him a few times, and tried to paste the friendliest, nicest look on her face that she was capable of, and held her hand up, pinching her thumb and index finger together. “Just like, a little bit. Not nice. Can you believe that?
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja] Empty

Back to top Go down
Somehow I found a way to get lost in you [Freyja]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1