Kari Asgersdóttir
Farmer

PROFIELMessages : 20
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

You can't deny a gift-Haskell  Empty
PostSubject: You can't deny a gift-Haskell You can't deny a gift-Haskell  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Kari had been noticing some things lately going on at the farm next to her own. She knew the people who lived there very well, as they were one of the two families that had been helpful to her when she moved out and bought her own land. Their son, Haskell had become a familiar face to her. One that before he moved away to his own house,always seems to know when she was struggling on her own with heavy things or difficult animals, and always popped up just in time to offer her help. So whee en Kari noticed that his father was out in the fields moving a cart around on his own, she knew she should do something about it. They were getting older, and Kari would never forgive herself in she stood by and did nothing. So she decided she was going to give them a gift. They had been helpful to her and her brother, so she was going to be helpful to them now in return. Her farm was doing very well, and it wasn't like she was hurting for money, however even if she had been hurting she would still be doing what she was doing. In life it was better to be kind and help other, then to be cruel and ignore others struggles. At least that was how she liked to view things in life anyways.

So taking one of her best Donkeys, Kari slowly made her way over and toward their house. Knocking on the door gently, Kari readied herself to make them take the donkey, for she was not going to leave their house without them taking it and as a gift too. When the door opened, Kari put on a bright smile and said "Hello" to them. She could see different looks on their faces. Haskell's mother had a bright smile one her face and was looking only at her. His father however had a confused face on and was looking at the Donkey. Taking a deep breath after they greeted her in return, Kari decided she would get right down to the reason she was standing at their door with a donkey in the middle of the morning. "I have brought you a gift." she says to them with a voice full of confidence. "What do you mean dear?" she hears Haskell's mother say to her in return. Kari smiled even brighter at her before pointing toward the Donkey. "The Donkey, its a gift for you." she says to her in return. "I saw that yours passed, and I have a few healthy ones right now. So please allow me to gift you with a new one." she says to her next.

Moving her eyes from his mother to his father, she saw him cross his arms over his chest and look at her. "How much you want for it?" he asks her, and Kari gives him a confused look as she looks from him to his wife. "I don't want anything from this at all, I simply want to give you the givng Donkey I promise." she says to him before giving him another smile. "Thats so very kinds of you dear." she hears his wife say before he shakes his head at her and speaks himself. "I understand that, but your young and on your own. How much you want for it?" Haskell's father asks her again and this time she shakes her head at him. "I plan to leave this donkey here with you as a gift, so I won't be taking a piece of gold from you.You were there when I needed something, and so was your son. Let me give you this gift, please." she tells him smiling more and more. Kari could see him slowly cracking and giving in. He uncrossed his arms, and then gave her a look she wasn't quite sure she understood, a mixture of grateful and something else before he gave her one stiff nod.

Finally after a few moments his Wife spoke up. "We thank you so much for your gift to us, it is very kind" she said to her, and Kari looked from her husband to her. Smiling and nodding her head to her before she watched her face light up in surprise and excitement. Turning her head to see what had gotten the other women's attention,Kari's eyes landed on Haskell. He must just be getting back from where ever it was he had been. For she knew he had to be somewhere, with the fact that she hadn't seen him in some weeks. Maybe she should pay more attention to the things going on in the village. For she was sure she would know where it was he went. Smiling at him she gave a small wave before she felt the rope that she had been holding gently being taken from her hands by Haskell's father. "Kari just gave us a Donkey as a gift my son." She hears his mother say and her face goes a little red. "I saw that they needed him more then I did, so I brought it over. Your family has been very helpful to me over the last few years." she says to him and smiles. Hoping the cold was hiding her blush we Kari hoped nothing embarrassing happened now. As she has had a crush on Haskell for some time now, and the last thing any girl wants is to be embarrassed in front of their crush.

Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

PROFIELMessages : 69
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: You can't deny a gift-Haskell You can't deny a gift-Haskell  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Haskell

After a month the feeling of Skagen under his feet felt like a good reassuring thing. His time in Kattegat was fruitful but in a way he was glad to be back, in the position aside Halfdan and around his friend and family. Yet, it took him some time to go home, really home. After they arrived he brought out a report to Halfdan, he brought Sofie home and there was a short feast. The exhaustion held hem long enough in bed to forget a few hours of a entire day. But once rested and satisfied he felt back into his loyal duties. Which was not longer the training of young warriors, despite he still assisted, but being even closer to Halfdan. The whole fighting power of Skagen laid at his feet as he was the one to advise Halfdan in every matter and in this case it was still Skagerrak with their Countess who still looked back for her throne.

After a whole morning of talking the things over that were discussed in Kattegat Haskell pulled back to go greet his parents and Vern. As he usually walked he enjoyed the silence that came with the nature, the pastures and fields. Even with this cold some strands of grass stood still high and he pulled one of, rolling it between his fingers before putting in between his lips. One hand rested on the belt of his sword crossing over his chest while he walk rather at ease over the path that leaded out of Skagen. Home was there, on the farms a good walk out of the village itself, with his old parents. He thought about them often, hoping that in the month he was away, they were still fine.

When he arrived he slowly pulled the strand of grass between his lips, looking to the farms further on, the one that Vern owned and the one that Kari had. The good thing on being a farmer was the joined effort, this group of farmers was closer then some people in Skagen. Haskell wasn’t much around but he still tried to make a appearance here at least a few times a week. Given he was away a month it wouldn’t be unnoticed by some of them. When he came of the path he saw his parents standing, with a donkey … and Kari. He opened his arms to his mother, showing his presents but she immediately started talking about the donkey. ‘It’s good to see you to mother.’ He said, giving Kari a friendly smile before looking over to the donkey. ‘Come here son, we missed you.’ His mother started, embracing him tightly before he turned to his father. ‘That girl does a lot more around here then you do, you should be ashamed.’ His father said with a crocked tired grin. ‘And I do nothing.’ Haskell replied with a chuckled and rolling eyes only for Kari to see, turning to her and gracing her with a kiss on the cheek. Her words made him smile. ‘You shouldn’t but thank you, it’s very generous of you Kari.’ He said polite. That was Haskell, being a charmer and all but if it came to gifts of lending help he was really thankful and respectful. He looked back to the donkey and tilted his head. ‘So our died?’ He guessed. His mother immediately nodded while his father leaded the donkey away. Haskell stood between Kari and his mother, looking to his father and the donkey. ‘If you ever need him for something, you just take him.’ He said to Kari, studying her face before looking back up. ‘How have things been since I was away?’ He asked curious. He appreciated Kari and Vern for keeping an eye out to his parents, specially on their age.

©️
Back to top Go down

Kari Asgersdóttir
Kari Asgersdóttir
Farmer

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: You can't deny a gift-Haskell You can't deny a gift-Haskell  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Kari found herself smiling at the seen before her. To see a mother so excited to see her son was a nice sight. She knew that they were great parents, and that they cared about their son so very much. Kari often wondered what it would have been like to have parents like the ones Haskell had. Ones he was clearly very close to with how much he still did for them and how much he came to see them. It was honestly part of the reason she liked him more then a friend. He was so kind and caring with his family. He had stayed with them until he became of higher rank, and even still he did a lot for them. He was also helpful to her over the years as well. So there were a lot of things about him to like if she was honest. However she was not brave enough to ever tell him that she had feelings like that for him. He was a high ranked man, one who had done very well for himself. She was just a simple farmer who raised animals for the people of Skagen. Nonetheless she liked him all the same, a crush she would maybe keep secret all her life. It wasn't like he or anyone else had figure out she liked him more then a friend yet, and it had been quite a while that she had. Maybe since the first year she lived on her own if she thought about it long enough.

Watching him go to hug his mother, Kari smiled when Haskell said ‘It’s good to see you to mother.’ to her in return as the first thing she said was about the Donkey she had boughten over to them. Come here son, we missed you.’ his mother said to him and when they actually hugged, Kari thought it was very cute, but she would never say that out loud. Haskell turned to his father next who made her blush with his next set of words. ‘That girl does a lot more around here then you do, you should be ashamed.’ that are about her. Kari wants to interject and say that they both work hard, but in different ways, however she thinks better of it and simple lets out a light giggle when Haskell speaks again. ‘And I do nothing.’ he says as he gives her a light eye roll that makes her smile brighter. She had always liked his fun attitude as well. He could be playful, but not over the top like her dear brother could be from time to time. However what he does next both takes Kari by surprise,and makes her face bright red at the same time.

Haskell leans in and places his lips upon her cheek in a quick kiss. Kari felt like her heart decided to suddenly start to run a lot faster and she did everything in her power to will the blush away, but it was of no use. Her face was already noticeable more red. It would also be very clear that it was from more then the cold she was sure. ‘You shouldn’t but thank you, it’s very generous of you Kari.’ Haskell says to her next. Kari nodded to him. She was glad to help in anyway she could,and she would gladly help them again."It's the least I can do" she tells him before he looks  back toward the donkey. ‘So ours died?’ he asked his parents. His father nodded before leading the animal away. She was very happy she gave the donkey to them. They were good people and they shouldn't do without, not ever. They were getting older, and she knew that their son worried about them. For he had herself and Vern keep an eye out on them for him. Kari would have done it even if he hadn't asked, but because he did she made sure they were okay from time to time more than she would normally.

She feels him looking at her again, and she turns her head away from his father pulling the donkey away and looks at him as he speaks. ‘If you ever need him for something, you just take him.’ Haskell says to her and she simply shakes her head as she looks at him looking at her. She was still blushing from his small peck to her cheek. "I won't need him, he is theirs now, but thank you all the same!" she says to him before smiling and looking toward him as he looks at her. ‘How have things been since I was away?’ Haskell asked her next and she smiled at him. "Things have been pretty well, a little less busy since its winter, but good all the same. I saw your father working the field by himself yesterday, so I tried to help as quickly as I could.Your family has always been very kind to my brother and I. However I would help even if you hadn't." she says to him first before smiling at him more. "Ari is always in trouble like normal, I worry about the day he messes with the wrong person. Hopefully it never comes." she says to him next with a small shake of her head. "How are you? You were away for some weeks. Where was it that you went?" she asks him last. Curious about his travels and stories, for someday she hopes she too could go some where new. Even if it was just to visit for a short time.

Back to top Go down

Haskell Zoltansson
Haskell Zoltansson
Thane

PROFIELMessages : 69
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: You can't deny a gift-Haskell You can't deny a gift-Haskell  EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Haskell

Aside his age Haskell was somebody given more about family then other Vikings would do. For that he came gladly home, to his parents, his friends. Seeing the older couple smile to him brought that smile directly over to his lips. And his parents weren’t alone, Kari was there. She was one of the reasons in which Haskell could leave Skagen in a good conscious. He tried to be home, to help, as often as he can but his duties not always let him. People as Kari, as Vern helped him in that. He knew they looked out for his parents and there was no way he could repay them that. Not in this way, if it came to their problems, if they needed help some day he would be the first to help them, for they looked out for his parents. And there was nothing more important to Haskell then his parents.

Offcourse his father had to make fun of him, which Haskell expected for which he rolled his eyes. He greeted everybody, even Kari and it didn’t go unnoticed that she turned a little red. But his father was to busy with the donkey and his mother was to happy to see him that it was only Haskell in the end. And he didn’t gave it any attention, because he knew she probably would get more red. When he thanked her she replied that it was the least she could do. ‘You do already enough.’ He protested almost gentle. ‘You should repay the favor Haskell. Kari is way to kind.’ His mother sounded judging and Haskell looked aside to Kari. ‘If Kari needs some help or whatever she will ask, right?’ He asked with a short smile, looking over to his father and his new donkey. He loved seeing his father work with animals, always so serious and stern but secretly loving the damn animals.

As he asked how things were his mother invited them inside. While he stepped inside Kari answered and he stopped her almost in the doorway, turning around to her. ‘What about your work? I don’t want you,’ ‘Haskell.’ His mother interrupted him. Haskell looked over his shoulder before looking back. ‘I’m gonna leave here with a feeling of guilt, it will be your fault.’ He winked, not getting further on the previous matter as he stepped further in, inviting Kari to join. As she talked about Ari he couldn’t suppress a smile. ‘If he gets in trouble you come to me, but he is a smart boy.’ Haskell said as he pulled his sword over his shoulder and laid it on the table. Haskell grabbed a piece of bread that his mother was preparing and she gave him a stern look he only laughed away with innocents. His father came in as Kari asked him about his time away. ‘I’m good, tired but good all the same. We sailed to Kattegat for alliance.’ He tore a piece of bread loose and chewed on it. ‘Our earl wants to raid so,’ his words fell when his mother gave him a concern look. Haskell grabbed her shoulders from behind and gave a short squeeze. ‘I will be fine, it will still take months.’ He reassured her. ‘I would still love to see my own grandson one day, before you die on the battlefield.’ His mother reacted lightly. Haskell chuckled, turning around to Kari as he invited her to sit before the fire. ‘How is Ari?’ He asked curious, sitting beside her as his parents offered her food and a drink.

©️
Back to top Go down

Kari Asgersdóttir
Kari Asgersdóttir
Farmer

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: You can't deny a gift-Haskell You can't deny a gift-Haskell  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 8:18 pm

It was always her favorite thing to do when she was here, to watch them interact with one another. They were so close, and if she was honest this was the type of family life she had wanted so badly for her herself and her brother. Parents that clearly loved one another, and loved their son as well. Kari often let her mind wander to what her life would have been if her parents had been different. However she was the person she was because of them, and she met so many amazing people because she did all this on her own. Kari was sure she wouldn't be as close to his family, and she knew she would have missed out on great people. So even though her childhood was stressful and filled with hardly any love, she had so many people who cared about her now that she was older and they were all helping each other. They all had helped her so very much when she first moved out,and so Kari makes sure to help them as well too. Even though if she was honest she would help these people even if they never lifted a hand to help her in the first place. ‘You do already enough.’  she hears Haskell say to her and Kari just smiles and shakes her head in disagreement. "I enjoy helping" she tells him next smiling even wider.

Her smile only grows even more when she hears his mother tell him he needs to repay the favor. Kari of course starts to shake her head no at them both. That they will do no such thing, she didn't do this for some kind of favor in return. She did this because she knew they needed it, and she cared for them very deeply. ‘If Kari needs some help or whatever she will ask, right?’ Haskell says to her next and Kari nods her head at his mother. "Yes I would, however I didn't do this for a favor in return anyways. i did it because I care about you, and you needed the Donkey more then I do." she says to them both. Going a bit red again with so much attention on her from Haskell. Sure they had talked and he had helped her many many times before, however for some reason right now it was making her blush and feel silly. Maybe it was because she hadn't done anything like this before, and he had been gone for some time as well.

Haskell went on to ask her ‘What about your work? I don’t want you,’ before his mother cut him off by saying his name. Kari made sure to smile as she waited for him to finish. ‘I’m gonna leave here with a feeling of guilt, it will be your fault.’ he says to her next with a wink and her face was red again before she even knew it. "I promise I don't need the donkey, so please don't feel guilty. I would feel guilty if you did." she says turning his worst right back at him with a small giggle. She smiles even more when he answers her about her worries with her brother and him getting in trouble with the wrong person. ‘If he gets in trouble you come to me, but he is a smart boy.’ Haskell says to her and she nods her head. "Thank you, and I will always come to you if I had a problem like that...but yes he is smart, maybe even too smart." she says to him next. She had made sure to follow him into the house, and watched as he took off his sword and laid it down. That had to be heavy to carry around all the time she was sure.

Kari watched as he grabbed some bread and started to eat it.The looks his mother gave him just made her smile more. It was always fun to be around them, and her having her crush helped she was sure. ‘I’m good, tired but good all the same. We sailed to Kattegat for alliance.’ he said to her and she nodded her head. That makes sense as to why he was gone for so long then. From what she heard about Kattegat it was far away from them, but not too far. ‘Our earl wants to raid so,’ he says next and her stomach drops. Raiding was always a scary thing, because people don't always come back from Raids. She can see by the look on his mothers face she is already worried as well. ‘I will be fine, it will still take months.’ Haskell says, and if she is honest that does nothing to calm her worries. It just meant he wasn't leaving for a while and not everything was planed out yet. His mother goes on to say something about children, but Kari turns away to hide her fourth blush in front of him today. Besides she had no idea what to say to that kind of thing to help him out. She was sure his mother wanted babies around, and there was nothing to be said to change that.

She watches him walk over toward the fire as he invites her to sit with him. ‘How is Ari?’ he asks. Kari is sure so he can change the subject, but also because she knows he does actually care too."He is good, fishing away any chance he gets." she says to him first as she takes a drink from his mother, and she nods her head in thanks before his father is offering her some bread as well. " He just does all his pranking still, and I guess I'm scared he will end up like Sofie. Getting in trouble, but at least she now has you to help her out and keep her safe.. hopefully Ari learned from Sofie at least." she says to him before taking a drink from her cup. "But how did things in Kattegat go? Did we make an alliance?" she asks him next. "Ive always wanted to go somewhere else, but never had a reason. What are raids like...if you don't mind me asking?" she asks him after with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: You can't deny a gift-Haskell You can't deny a gift-Haskell  Empty

Back to top Go down
You can't deny a gift-Haskell
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1