Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 21
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] Empty
PostSubject: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Despite multiple attempts to keep busy and keep herself distracted, Cecilie had discovered it wasn’t as easy a thing to do as she’d anticipated. She didn’t know enough people yet to really feel useful, and she couldn’t continue to pester her parents or the, like, three people she was familiar with and interrupt their days just so she could occupy herself. So, she’d made her way to the tavern. It had to be a decent place to interact with people, right? It made sense to her, at least.

Once inside, she hadn’t noticed anyone familiar immediately, and chose a small table out of the way, near the bar. She didn’t really want to draw attention to herself, and she wasn’t particularly thirsty, so was happy to wait for someone who worked there to wander by.

While she waited quietly, she let her eyes wander, watching people sitting and chatting and laughing together at the tables around the room. Smiling softly, she was quickly reminded of how she and her brothers were in Kattegat with their friends. She knew her eyes were starting to water, but it was a happy memory and Cecilie didn’t want to just suppress her thoughts of Elias all together, so she didn’t immediately trample the memories down. This was the hurdle she needed to overcome, she knew. She needed to reach that point where thinking of her brother didn’t immediately make her start crying. Clearly today wasn’t that day, she thought, wiping at her eyes quickly.

Fortunately, her thoughts were interrupted when someone approached the table, and she turned her attention towards the woman, her eyes locking on her protruding belly first. At first Cecilie wondered if someone had sent her here to find her, but that didn’t seem likely. Not many people knew she was a healer, and none of them knew she was in the tavern at the moment. She didn’t exactly frequent the place. And then she noticed the pitcher and cup in the woman’s hands and the brunette narrowed her eyes at the scene in front of her.

You shouldn’t be getting people drinks in your condition. You should be sitting. Will you sit? How far along are you?” Cecilie’s eyes were traveling from the woman’s face to her stomach, to her wrists and hands. She was clearly very far into the pregnancy, and Cecilie wanted to make sure continuing to work wasn’t causing problems for her. “I’m Cecilie. How are you feeling?” She was certainly distracted now.
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

PROFIELMessages : 49
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : UDDEVALLA

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 1:36 am

As the days slowly passed by, and the closer she got to being due for her baby, the more tired she got. Alvina was sure she was going to pass out the moment her body hit the bed tonight for she was already very tired. However she still had a few more hours until they would be done for the day. If she didn't need the gold so badly, then maybe she would have told them she just couldn't work anymore. That her feet were to sore to walk around the tavern all night, and she was to grumpy to deal with all the comments that the men would give her when they had one to many to drink. But that just was not how her life worked. She had Vern, who said he would help her, but she didn't want to put to much work on him. Plus she didn't quite trust him enough to let him in. She was just scared that if she did let him in he was going to hurt her in some way or another. Just like so many other people in her life had done to her. From his father, to other Thralls, almost everyone in her life had hurt her in some way. So letting people in now that she was free, was a rather scary thought it she was honest with herself.

Just after finishing filling up a tables cups, she saw that a girl she had yet to see before had come in and sat down near the bar by herself. Grabbing a pitcher of Ale, and a cup Alvina made her way over toward the girl. She could tell that the girl was pretty from far away, but as she got closer she could see she was simply beautiful. It made her wonder if this was the girl that some of the men had been talking about. The one who had just moved back her with her brother. Alvina tired not to pay attention to gossip as she learned most of it was lies, so that was all she had cared to pay attention to. That a new group of people had come back. Another things she noticed as she got closer to the other women was that she was looking her over. She could see the other women's eyes travel to her belly and Alvina wondered what it was that the women was thinking about her.

It didn't take long for her to figure it out as soon as she was at the table to see if she wanted Ale, the women was talking to her. “You shouldn’t be getting people drinks in your condition. You should be sitting. Will you sit? How far along are you?” were the first words she heard out of her mouth. Alvina was sure that her face gave away her shock. That this women, a stranger at that was worried about her and telling her she shouldn't be working. If she was honest she had no idea how to feel, it was a new thing for her, but she didn't think she hated it. It have people care about her like she was getting now that she lived her in this village. Nodding her head once, Alvina slowly sat down at the table with her. “I’m Cecilie. How are you feeling?” she heard Cecilie say to her next. Smiling before taking a deep breath to speak to her she said "It's nice to meet you Cecilie, my name is Alvina." to her first before letting out a slight laugh. "My feet hurt, and I feel like I could sleep at any moment...however I'm well. The baby should be due any day now, so I am far along...I wouldn't be working if I didn't need the gold...but that is life when you are on your own." she says to her next before pouring the ale and sliding it over to her. Alvina had come over here to give her ale, and her boss wouldn't be happy if she wasn't doing that while she was sitting.

Thinking for a small moment Alvina decides to be a little bold and ask what she was thinking. "Not that I am not grateful for your kindness and caring, but why do you care? My own boss doesn't care that I'm working right now...and I do not know you." she says to her first before going a bit red."I meant no offense, I'm just...not use to others...caring." she says to her last a little sheepishly. Hoping that she didn't offend the other women who had been so kind as to offer her a seat and to ask about her health.
Back to top Go down

Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 3:20 am

It took a moment for Cecilie to register the surprised look that flashed across the woman’s face. Which she herself was not too shocked at, given the fact that no one else seemed the least concerned that this heavily pregnant woman was running around the tavern. She glared around the room quickly at the thought, but smiled at the young woman as she sat down at the table. She introduced herself and Cecilie nodded in understanding as she added that her feet hurt and she was extremely tired. Obviously Cecilie herself had never been pregnant but she’d delivered quite a few babies even before she’d left Skagen, and even more in Kattegat.

It’s nice to meet you too, Alvina,” she replied first, wanting to ask why she was still working when she could literally have her baby at any moment, but her question was answered quickly enough. Nodding again slowly, Cecilie chose not to add to that part of the conversation. There clearly wasn’t much she could say when the situation was what it was.

As Alvina continued, Cecilie was perfectly happy to answer questions, but narrowed her eyes in the direction of the general area of the room at the other woman’s words. Were they all blind? Did they not see her belly? She turned back to Alvina and her glare immediately returned into a smile. “Well people should care, but I’ve been told I care more than most. It’s why I became a healer. Which is why I wanted to make sure working this far into your pregnancy isn’t bothering you more than it should.

Before she had a chance to ask about any potentially worrying symptoms she might be experiencing, someone from a few tables away started yelling in their direction and waving what Cecilie assumed was an empty cup at them. She glared again. When Alvina started fidgeting and started to get up, Cecilie waved at her quickly. “Don’t get up,” she instructed, and stood up instead, grabbing the pitcher quickly. “She is resting because she is about to have a baby, if you couldn’t make that out with your own two eyes,” she hissed out at him. She stared him dead in the eyes as she filled up his cup. “Anyone else thirsty right now?” she asked the room rather forcefully, but it was fairly slow at the moment, and only one person raised their cup in her direction. She glared as she made her way over to them and all the while filling their cup as well. “Tip generously.

And with that she made her way back to her table, placing the pitcher down and taking her seat with a smile. “Where was I?” She asked, more to herself than the woman sitting across from her. “Oh! How old are you? Is this your first? And have you noticed any unusual swelling in your hands or face? I’m sure your feet are plenty swollen but that’s normal since you’re still up and about. Or any blurred vision?” Back pain wouldn’t seem unusual at this point, with her on her feet a lot, so Cecilie was going to have to stick to the more obvious warning signs. She didn’t want to overwhelm the expectant mother with too many questions at once so she tried to slow down for a moment, but she had a bunch of them running through her head right now.
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Alvina who was still slightly confused as to why this other women, this Cecilie cared about her well being. Was overwhelmingly happy to be sitting down for a moment like she was doing right the second. It was so very nice of Cecilie to ask,or rather tell, her to sit down with her. Alvina could tell that she was clearly unhappy people were letting her work in this condition. As she had caught her sending a glare at the people around the room. It was both touching to her and confusing at the same time. “It’s nice to meet you too, Alvina,” she hears Cecilie say to her next and she gives her a bright smile as she enjoys the feeling of her feet off the ground for just a moment longer as she is bold enough to ask the other women why she cares about her well being when they didn't know each other at all.“Well people should care, but I’ve been told I care more than most. It’s why I became a healer. Which is why I wanted to make sure working this far into your pregnancy isn’t bothering you more than it should. she hears her say next, and then things slowly start to make more sense to her. This women was a healer, and she was worried about her health because it was her job. If Alvina was honest she thought it was all so very sweet of her, to be worried about her and her baby.

Just as she was about to speak to Cecilie in return she heard a man form a few tables over calling for her. Taking a deep breath to tell Cecilie she would be right back, she is shocked by the women a second time as she sees her waving her off and hears her say “Don’t get up,” to her. Before Alvina could say anything else Celcilie was grabbing the pitcher of ale and walking over to the man who had called out to her. She had no idea what she said to the man when she poured him his drink, but she was pleasantly surprised when she saw the man actually looked like he felt bad. So whatever she said to him had to have been something good. When Celeilie was done filling the mans cup, she shocked her even more when Alvina heard her ask the rest of the tavern “Anyone else thirsty right now?” rather forcefully. It made Alvina wish she was able to be that brave and bold, and it also made her respect this new women almost instantly. That she was such a confident person in herself that she had no problem telling these men off for the way they were acting. “Tip generously.” She heard Cecilie say to the second man who's cup she filled before she walked back over to the table and sat back down.

Alvina just simply looked at her in shock for a moment when she heard her say “Where was I?” to her. Like what happened was not a big deal, and it shouldn't be made into one. Alvina found herself wanting to ask her so many questions, such as how could she grow to be able to handle men in that way and other things. However before she could even think of more things she herself wanted to know. Celcilie was speaking again. “Oh! How old are you? Is this your first? And have you noticed any unusual swelling in your hands or face? I’m sure your feet are plenty swollen but that’s normal since you’re still up and about. Or any blurred vision?” asking her a lot all at once. Smiling Alvina tired to do her best to keep track of the order of questions. "First of all thank you for doing that for me, that was very kind and brave." she says to her first wanting to address the situation even though the other women acted like it was not a big deal at all. "I am eighteen, and yes this is my first. I don't think I'm swelling in a way that I shouldn't be? But Im so big that maybe I'm missing it." she says to her before thinking for a moment.

"I haven't been dizzy in a few days. Only once after a really long day I had, but that is the only time I can recall." she answers next as she thinks of all the many emotions she had felt after she had gotten trapped and suck watching the whipping like she had. It had been a very horrible thing to happen to that man and she wishes she had never seen it at all. That it never happened to him or any other person. "I think thats all your questions? So your a healer, that is such a hard job I am sure. However from what I just saw, you are clearly strong enough to do it. I have never felt strong enough to talk to men the way you just did. It was inspiring to see if I am being honest." she says to her next before a light blush takes over her face and she looks a little shy. Hoping she didn't say the wrong thing, but glad she had said it all at the same time. "Maybe someday I'll be as confident in that aspect, but I'm still learning." she says to her next before letting out a small laugh at herself.
Back to top Go down

Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Cecilie was more surprised by Alvina calling her brave than her saying thank you, which she also hadn’t been expecting. She certainly didn’t consider herself very brave, at least. But she smiled back anyway. As Alvina started answering her questions, Cecilie listened carefully for anything she might need to worry about. Swelling wasn’t necessarily a problem she knew, and could be exacerbated by her continuing to work. But she knew it was something she’d want to check on, just to be safe. The dizziness was a similar issue. It could be a problem, but it probably wasn’t, given the circumstances.

After the younger woman had finished answering her questions, she turned the conversation to Cecilie and the healer leaned back in her chair a bit to think about everything she had said. “It can be hard,” she admitted with a nod, “but I’ve been at it a while now. My grandmother was a healer and we were very close, so I helped her for years before I was even a real healer.

Considering Alvina’s words for a moment, Cecilie couldn’t help the grin that came across her face. “Inspiring? Really? Because I told off a few idiots? I don’t know about that.” She could admit, at least to herself anyway, that she had a bit of a bossy streak. It was necessary when dealing with her brothers and also most other men, she’d discovered. They seemed to enjoy pushing and seeing what they could get away with. Cecilie liked to make sure they all knew right away the answer was ‘absolutely nothing’.

Is it just men you have trouble with? They are certainly… bothersome at times,” she replied, wondering if there was more to it than just pushy drunk men here in the tavern. That would certainly be more than enough, especially if she was reluctant to put a stop to it quickly. “Well, let me know if I can ever help with it,” she added with a smile. “It probably helps, growing up with brothers.” The smile on her face faltered for a moment at that statement, like it had taken her a second to realize what she’d just said, but she was quick to replace it.

Could I take a look at your hands?” she asked, mostly just to be polite and give a bit of warning, because she immediately reached out towards the younger woman’s left hand, which was resting on the table in front of her. She didn’t mean to be rude, but was used to people just letting her do what she liked when she was asking questions like this. Cecilie hadn’t really stopped to consider that Alvina hadn’t actually come to her for help in the first place, and that she really ought to keep her hands to herself.
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Alvina was kind of glad she decided to work tonight now in a way. Sure she was tired and wanted nothing more then to lay in bed and sleep, but then she would not have met this nice women. A women who was showing her compassion and standing up for her all at once. So far this was the only other women to actually openly want to talk to her as well. Other then Freyja who she had met on her first day here, Alvina really hadn't made any other friends. So now that she was sitting here at the table like she was now, part of her was hoping maybe that was this could become. The idea was so appealing to her, to have a friend who was a girl and she could talk to. However part of her to nervous too, what if she found out she was a thrall and portrayed her. Or what if she hated thralls to begin with, but Alvina had a hard time thinking that was the case after what she had just saw her do for her, a stranger. So Alvina does her best to be honest and compliment her. To tell her thank you and tell her she thought she was rather inspiring to her. She hoped that wasn't something weird to tell people, but it was something she really felt so she said it to her anyways.

Cecilie leaned back into her chair and got comfortable before she started to talk back to her. “It can be hard,” she heard her say first. “but I’ve been at it a while now. My grandmother was a healer and we were very close, so I helped her for years before I was even a real healer.” she said next and Alvina nodded. It must have been nice to have that kind of bond with someone on her family. She had grown up with other thralls and never knew anyone in her family. Her mother had died in birth, and she knew nothing else of her family back in England. Just that her mother had been taken in a raid, and that she had been pregnant when they took her. Often Alvina wondered if she had any family left still alive there, but she would have no idea where to look even if she did. "Thats very interesting, it must be like second nature if you have been doing it for so long!" Alvina comments back to her.

She smiles and nods when she hears her say “Inspiring? Really? Because I told off a few idiots? I don’t know about that.” in return to her words. She might not think it was a big deal, but for a women who spent her entire life as someone who was an object it was one of the best things she had ever seen. “Is it just men you have trouble with? They are certainly… bothersome at times,” she hears her ask next and Alvina bits her lip for a moment before Cecilie added “Well, let me know if I can ever help with it,”  to her after. Alvina thought it was very nice of her to say. "I've never had that great of luck with them..." to her rather awkwardly. "But yes I think it was very inspiring, that you aren't worried that they could hurt you or anything like that." she says to her next and she already wants to kick herself for her choice in words. Alvina might have just made it clear that she had been hurt by men in the past, and now she had to worry about maybe explaining that if Cecilie asked her.

As Alvina listen to her say “It probably helps, growing up with brothers.” to her next, she smiles and nods her head. That made sense to her as well, that having strong men in her life to look out for her and teach her things would make her more brave. Alvina was just about to ask her how many brothers she had when Cecilie spoke again “Could I take a look at your hands?” she said to her, and before she could answer her, Cecilie was taking her hand. The hand that was attached to the wrist that marked her as a thrall. Pulling her hand back in a mixture of shock and fear she looked at the other women for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and reaching out her other hand toward her. "I'm sorry....could you use this hand instead? I....have an ugly scar on that one...its gross I don't want to ruin your drink." she says to her, but her voice cranks near the end and Alvina wants nothing more then to run away for she had always been a bad liar, and this women was a healer. A ugly scar would not make her grossed out, however it was the first thing that came to mind.

She had been worried others would find her mark after Jötunn had grabbed her and looked at it a few weeks ago. Alvina had been more careful, she didn't want to have the wrong people finding out. Not that Cecilie was the wrong people, she just didn't know her well enough yet."You...You said you have brothers? That must be nice...I was an only child...and didn't really have anymore but me." she says to her next in the hopes of changing the subject and taking away the attention from what had just happened.
Back to top Go down

Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 5:46 am

This decision to visit the tavern hadn’t gone exactly as she’d been planning, but Cecilie was very glad she’d come. If she could help someone, she wanted to. And Alvina seemed happy to be chatting with her, which made the whole situation even better. Plus, she really did want to get to know the people in Skagen, and have them feel comfortable coming to her for help. It meant baby steps, of course, but helping deliver a baby was certainly one way to shine some light on her arrival. She didn’t think for a second that many men would take note, but Cecilie knew women paid more attention to that sort of thing. And she’d prefer to help women anyway, if she was being honest. Men were occasionally more frustration than they were worth.

I guess it is,” she admitted with a laugh when Alvina said healing must be like second nature to her. “I sort of get ahead of myself a lot. Like I did with you, for example,” she added. She most definitely had just slipped right into a healer mind set, not even taking the time to introduce herself before she’d started barking orders and asking personal questions. She rarely noticed it anymore, which might not be a very good thing.

When Alvina answered her question about having trouble with men, her response was fairly telling. But Cecilie wasn’t here to make the younger woman uncomfortable, and didn’t want to press the issue. It made her wonder what the situation between Alvina and the father of her baby was like, but that was certainly far too personal a question to be asking right now. Maybe she’d get there eventually, but she didn’t want to scare the woman away, so her curiosity needed to rear it’s ugly head at a later date. “They do require a bit of special handling,” she replied with a wink, hoping to gloss over the whole thing and move on. Stressed expectant mothers weren’t good for anyone.

She didn’t know what was going on when Alvina pulled her hand away, but tried not to show too much of a reaction. “Sorry, I shouldn’t grab,” she answered quickly, feeling badly. The raven-haired woman’s excuse was flimsy at best, but again Cecilie chose not to remark. Alvina offered her other hand instead and Cecilie took it without any hesitance, turning it over a few times, and pressing gently to see if there was any unusual swelling. After a few moments she raised her eyes to the brunette's with a smile. “Looks normal, nothing to worry about. If anything starts to feel strange, or you start to worry about anything, you can send someone to get me. I live on the edge of the village, nearest the docks. Where do you live?” She was already planning to check up on her in the very immediate future. She looked like she could go into labor at just about any moment and Cecilie didn’t want her to be alone when that happened.

The conversation turned back to her and Cecilie smiled when Alvina asked about her brothers. “I had two, but now just the one. His name’s Dómi, he’s a fisherman here in Skagen.” She didn’t think it was necessary to mention Elias’s death was the reason she and Dómi had returned to Skagen in the first place. She didn’t want to have a lengthy conversation about it anyway. “That sounds… really lonely,” was the only thing Ceci could think to say. She couldn’t imagine a childhood without her brothers and grandmother, or the kind of person that she’d be right now if it hadn’t been for her family. Certainly not who she was today. “But you have friends or… family here in Skagen?
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 4:17 pm

She found herself smiling more and more around this other women. From her easy going personality, to her very strong caring side. Alvina was sure she would grow to like her more and more if they spent more time together. It was nice to meet women like her, who were strong and confident. For she was not stupid, she knew that there were women like her out there. Women who had not had to grow up the way she had to grow up. However she never knew anyone like her. Sure she met Redra but that was for a short few hours, and when she was on the run. She thought Redra had been kind and sweet as well, but her mind had been mostly on figuring out if she was really pregnant and getting away from Vidar. Cecilie seemed to be a different person, and she liked her a lot. “I guess it is,” Alvina hears her say in return to her saying healing had to be second nature. “I sort of get ahead of myself a lot. Like I did with you, for example,” Cecilie says to her next and Alvina smiles. "It seems that you do it because you really care, so I don't think that is a bad thing. she says to her in return with a smile. "Besides I don't mind,its very kind of you to worry about me and my child. Weather you are a healer or not." she adds in next with another smile in her direction.

They start to talk about men and Alvina knows her words give way to the fact that she has not been treated well by men. It was not something she meant to do, but she also really didn't want to lie to much to her. She wanted to be guarded, but she didn't want to build her life on lies. She was sure it would be hard to keep up some life full of lies like that. That she would mess up and forget some kind of lie she gave to someone and she would get caught. Besides she was starting to really like Cecilie, and lying to her tons was not going to start a good friendship. “They do require a bit of special handling,” Cecilie says to her in return and Alvina nodded her head."I guess that is a way of wording it yes, however I am taking a long break from handling anything like that." she says to her next with a smile. Trying to give a little bit of information without having to give everything just yet. She figured that might be a safe mixture until she was sure she could trust the other women fully.

Things changed when Cecilie reached forward and grabbed her hand. She reached out of habit and might have made things weird. Alvina quickly made up a lie, something that was half truth half lie. She had an ugly scar, but it was a branding and that was why she didn't want her to see it. “Sorry, I shouldn’t grab,” she hears her say, and she wants to tell her its okay and she doesn't need to feel badly. However she decides to just not comment. Not wanting her to question her bad lie and find the branding on their first meeting like someone else had done to her. “Looks normal, nothing to worry about. If anything starts to feel strange, or you start to worry about anything, you can send someone to get me. I live on the edge of the village, nearest the docks. Where do you live?” Cecilie says to her after she looks over her hand for a moment. "I thank you for that wonderful offer. I'll keep that in mind when I go into labor." she says to her with a smile before going on."I live here actually. I'm new to the village, been here a couple of months...so I'm saving up to buy something when I can." she says to her. Again, giving some information but not tons of it.

She changes things by asking her about her family, her brothers mostly. “I had two, but now just the one. His name’s Dómi, he’s a fisherman here in Skagen.” she hears Cecilie say and she already feels badly. She lost a sibling, that had to be something very hard to deal with. "I'm sorry for your loss, when ever it was." she says to her softly. Alvina makes a comment that she wishes she had siblings but it was just her. “That sounds… really lonely,” Cecilie says to her back and Alvina just nods her head yes at her. That it was lonely a lot of the time, that she was loney most of her life. “But you have friends or… family here in Skagen?” Cecilie asks her last and Avlina thinks for a moment before smiling. "I have made some friends, but I work a lot so not very many. As for family thats rather complicated. I think its best I just assume they are all dead, but that could be wrong." she says to her next as she thinks of the possibility she has family in England. "But I'm okay, I'll have my baby soon...and then I'll have some family. I'm sure it will be nice, but hard too." she says to her next with a smile. "So is it safe to assume you are the girl some of the villagers are talking about? The one who just moved back here from Kattegat. I don't listen to gossip much, so thats all I heard them say." she says to her last.
Back to top Go down

Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 pm

While Cecilie certainly got the feeling Alvina wasn’t exactly being very open with her about a few things, she’d only just met the woman and wasn’t in the habit of pressing people for information they didn’t wish to share. Either Alvina would trust her enough in the future to tell her whatever it was she seemed to be holding back, or she wouldn’t. And Cecilie would help her have this baby regardless. She grinned again and nodded her head. “I’m always happy to help. And I can admit, I do love babies.” Because who didn’t? Babies are adorable. And watching parents, mothers in particular, bonding with their newborns always brought a smile to her face.

One of the things Alvina was clearly trying not to share was her past interactions with men. It wasn’t hard to miss, but Cecilie didn’t want to dwell on it. She wouldn’t be the first woman to have an excellent reason not to trust men in general, and she likely wouldn’t be the last. It did upset her to think that there were men here in Skagen that could cause such a reaction from an eighteen year old, but she supposed there were bad men everywhere. “Well, you’ll be plenty busy soon enough,” she answered with a smile.

After taking a moment to examine the wrist Alvina didn’t rip from her grasp, and noting that her hands and face at least didn’t appear to be abnormally swollen, Cecilie stopped worrying too much that the young woman continuing to work so far into her pregnancy had caused any complications. She most definitely still wanted to visit her and have a chance to ask slightly more personal questions somewhere other than the middle of the tavern, but she’d work around to that eventually. When the brunette revealed that she lived here in the tavern and had only moved to Skagen recently, she continued to grow more curious about her. But she did feel a sense of relief that perhaps her reason for distrusting men so vehemently had nothing to do with any of the men in Skagen. “Oh, well that’s easy for me to find, then.” She was obviously familiar with the layout of the village, but she’d been gone a while. Things had changed a bit.

Thank you,” she replied with a small smile when Alvina expressed her sympathy, and left it at that. Luckily the conversation turned back to the woman in front of her, and Cecilie wondered if she felt very lonely, with no family, few friends and a busy schedule that prevented her from making more. Additionally, raising a baby on your own, while living in a tavern, in a new village sounded like a lot of additional stress and no one around to help with any of it. “Well, now you’ve got one more friend here,” she informed her with a smile, making a mental note to bring along some baby essentials when she did come by next. She considered a basket piled with food from her parents’ farm, and fish from Dómi but some people were weird about accepting charity. And it wouldn’t be the first time she’d dropped off supplies for first time parents ahead of the baby being born, so for now she’d stick to that. Until they knew each other better.

Her eyes widened in surprise at Alvina’s next comment, however. “People have been talking about me?” she asked quietly, not sure how she felt about that. Sure, Skagen wasn’t as big or busy as Kattegat, so it made sense word got around a bit faster here than it had there, but she hadn’t really imagined anyone would care that she and Dómi had returned. “I suppose it is me, then? My brothers and I left Skagen about seven years ago, and traveled a bit before we ended up in Kattegat. But when… um, well. We had to tell my parents,” she finished with a shrug. So much for not going into detail.
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Alvina is getting less and less shocked by Cecilie and her caring nature. It seemed like that was just how she was, and Alvina thought it was very good traits to have in a healer. For them to care so much about everyone the way she seemed to be doing. “I’m always happy to help. And I can admit, I do love babies.” she hears her say next and that makes her smile. That she liked babies and dealt with them before in the past. Maybe she could be the one to deliver her baby instead of the other healer she had seen a few times. She certainly liked this women a lot better, and already in many ways felt a lot more comfortable with her then she did with any other healer, maybe aside from Redra. However she was not here, and she was where she never wanted to go back to or think about if she could help it. Not while King Vidar was there and still alive. It just wasn't safe for her or her child to ever go back there, for he would hurt them and kill them she was just sure of it. "I've never been around a baby before...." she says awkwardly to her as she wondered just how many babies Cecilie had been around in her life. "But I'm sure I'll figure it out after a while and some help." she says to her next. Trying to convince both herself and Cecilie.

They talk about men, and Alvina tries to be as vague as she can be without being rude. She had very little good encounters with men and it was just make things weird if they were to talk about those together now. “Well, you’ll be plenty busy soon enough Cecilie says to her in return and she smiles and nods her head back. She was going to be far more busy then any other mom for she had no one to explain this all to her. She was going to have to figure this all out mostly on her own, unless she got brave and asked for some help from the women before her or Vern. If it turned out to be a lot harder then she thought it was going to be then she would do just that. Ask them for some help or guidance in what to do, or even for just a small break. "Thats true, I'll be very busy with the sweet child I am being blessed with." she says to her in return. For she would do everything in her power to make sure the baby turned out to be sweet and strong. Cecilie asked her where it was she lived and Alvina informed her that she lived here at the tavern for now. “Oh, well that’s easy for me to find, then.” she heard her say back and Alvina just nodded her head in return with a smile. It would be very easy, and maybe it would be a good thing that a healer knew where she lived just in case.

Things shifted when they started to talk about family. How the women in front of her had lost a brother, something Alvina made sure to tell her she was sorry for. For it had be hard to loose someone she seemed to be very close with. “Thank you,” Cecilie said to her, and Alivna just nodded her head at her before they start to talk about her own family and friends. How she really didn't have a lot of friends, and how her family was most likely dead. “Well, now you’ve got one more friend here,” she hears Cecilie say to her and Alivna looks at her in a mixture of awe and gratitude. "I like the sound of that very much.I'll do my best to be a very good friend to you."Alvina says to her in return. She was very happy to have a friend in this women, as she was just thinking about asking her to be friends in the first place. However she feels bad when she asks her if she is the one everyone was talking about. As she watched Cecilie's face widen in shock, and she feels bad right away. That maybe she shouldn't have brought it up at all. However there was no taking it back now.

Cecilie goes on to say People have been talking about me?” to her quietly and all Alivna can do it nervously nod her head at her. For it was true, they had been talking about her. None of it had been bad, or at least what she had payed attention to anyways. “I suppose it is me, then? My brothers and I left Skagen about seven years ago, and traveled a bit before we ended up in Kattegat. But when… um, well. We had to tell my parents, Cecilie says to her next and it was Alvina's turn for her face to widen with shock. That meant the brother who died, had just died recently. Oh now she felt even worse for ever asking her if she was the girl who just moved her. "Oh my, I am so sorry. I am so sorry for your loss....I should have never brought it up or asked. I'm sorry." she says to her before moving her chair a bit closer."I am sorry if I offended you by bring it up, or hurt you in any way. I was being nosy and I shouldn't have asked you." she says to her next before she reached the hand she had pulled away from her out to her. Gently grading the other women hand in a peace offering. She had made a big deal about her touching that hand and now she was holding her hand with it.
Back to top Go down

Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Cecilie Kjaransdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 9:56 pm

When Alvina admitted she’d never been around babies before Cecilie wanted to reassure her that they were no big deal, but that wouldn’t be exactly true. Babies were sturdier than people with no experience with them usually believed, but that didn’t mean raising a baby, especially on your own, was easy. She rather thought she’d be spending more time with Alvina than she’d originally anticipated. But that was perfectly fine. She liked the younger woman, and wanted to help. Plus, it meant she didn’t need to spend all her time hanging around Dómi and his friends like a clingy kid sister. She’d never felt like that before, but Elias had always been there. Being attached at the hip to your twin was a little different than your big brother, she’d recently discovered.

You'll figure it out in no time! Nothing to worry about,” she answered enthusiastically. “And I will help however I can,” she added with a nod and a smile. And nodded again when Alvina repeated how she’d be busy once the baby came. Because she certainly would be. And when she wasn’t busy she’d probably be sleeping. Cecilie was worried about her living situation, but didn’t feel she knew her quite well enough to discuss it just yet. But if she needed to keep working this late into the pregnancy, how long could she afford to stop working to recover and take care of the baby? It wasn’t like infants were very self sufficient. Or that she’d be allowed to keep the baby in the corner of the tavern while she got drinks. Those would all have to wait till the next time she spoke, though. They weren’t questions that were particularly helpful right now.

Grinning at the brunette, Cecilie waved off her comment. “Friends are easy, you’re already doing great. Maybe we can show each other around? If you’ve only been here a few months, and I haven’t been back in seven years,” she told her with a soft laugh. Surely she didn’t think Skagen had changed much since she’d left, but somethings were likely different.

When the conversation turned to Elias, Ceci plastered a smile onto her face. Apparently the gossips in the village had not included the reason she’d returned to Skagen, and this was not the first time she’d had to have a conversation like this. But, surprisingly enough, it was getting easier. “It’s not your fault, please don’t feel badly. I’m a very nosy person, so I would’ve asked too,” she admitted, squeezing the hand she’d offered. She noticed immediately that it was the hand she’d ripped away from her earlier, and quickly noticed why. There was some kind of scar on her inner wrist, like she’d said. But as she took a closer look, Cecilie realized it wasn’t just a random scar; It was a brand. She had more and more questions and few answers, but nothing that was exactly pressing at the moment.

She wanted to reassure Alvina again that she hadn’t done anything wrong by asking those questions, but before she had a chance, someone was hollering for the woman seated across from her. Squeezing her hand again, Cecilie turned a glare in the loud man’s direction and grabbed the pitcher, getting ready to stand again. She thought she’d already taken care of this? Apparently not.
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Another thing Alvina could add to the ever growing list of things she liked about Cecilie was how confident she seemed to be in Alvina was well as her self. “You'll figure it out in no time! Nothing to worry about,”had been what Cecilie said to her after she informed her she had not been around a baby before. It was good at least one of them was confident she was going to be okay at this. Sure Alvina knew she was going to do her best to be the greatest mother in the world, but she was also sure she was going to make plenty of mistakes along the way as well. “And I will help however I can,” Cecilie added to her next and Alvina smiled at her brightly. "Then I am sure I will figure things out as well, with someone as wonderful as you helping me." Alvina finds herself saying to her in return. For she really felt that way, and she wanted to be kind to her in return. She wanted the other women to understand she was grateful that she even cared about her at all, even if she was just a healer. It was kind and she didn't have to be giving her this much attention like she was doing right this moment.

Cecilie tells her that they are friends and Alvina promises she will do her best to be the greatest friend she can be. For she is excited for this friendship, it was one she wanted already from only knowing the other women a short while. “Friends are easy, you’re already doing great. Maybe we can show each other around? If you’ve only been here a few months, and I haven’t been back in seven years,” Alvina hears her say to her next. She makes sure to smile and nod, coming off as excited as she feels. For she was sure that would be very fun thing to do indeed. Maybe it would be after the baby was here and she could get out and have some fresh air with it. So she and the baby wouldn't be cramped in a small living space. Something she was going to maybe need to figure out soon. She couldn't stay in the Tavern forever, but she didn't have enough money for a house yet. That she was well aware of, she still had a long way to go. "I would love that, it sounds like a very good time." she tells Cecilie. Getting more and more excited about it as she thought about it.

Things had been going so well until she opened her mouth about people in the village talking about Cecilie. She found out the other womens brother just died, and she did her best to comfort her, to make it better. “It’s not your fault, please don’t feel badly. I’m a very nosy person, so I would’ve asked too,” she hears Cecilie say to her in return. That was kind of her, to try to help her not feel badly about all this, however she was going to no matter what. She would have never brought it up if she had known the other women had just lost her brother. She felt so rude. "I'm sorry all the same." she says to her first, and just as she is about to say something more she hears the voice of her boss and the tavern owner calling for her. Cecilie stands up and goes to do her job for her once more, but Alvina shoots to her feet as fast as her swollen body will let her.

"This is my boss, I must do it." she says to her gently as she can see the other women is glaring already. "I'll be off lal day in two day, or if the baby comes sooner. If you want come back then. I would love to talk more." she tells her with a smile before gently taking the pitcher and heading over to where her boss was standing and waiting. He said nothing, but the look he gave was telling. He was going to let this slide, but he didn't want a repeat of this in the future.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina] Empty

Back to top Go down
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? [Alvina]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1