Thrall

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Uddevalla

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:44 pm

She had to do another work. She was not angry because of it, she was just kind of tired, but she remembered, that when her job here is done, she could have some free time. She could not wait to take another stroll in Kattegat. She wanted to have it done, so she took a basket, full of apples and gave one apple to each horse. She was little bit happier now, since she loves animals. Well most of them. After she fed all the horses, she put the basket back on its place and went to the closest horse, so she could groom him little bit. It was a black, strong looking stallion, who was trying to smell her before she could groom him, so she gave him hand, so he could smell it. He looked more comfortable after it, so she just fondled him little bit and then, when he was calm, she started to groom him slowly. She was thinking, while grooming. She was lost in her head. She was thinking about many for her important things, like her relationship with her sister Thyra. So she just groomed vacantly.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 165
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : Black Eagle

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 1:00 pm

They want us in cages. We refuse.
The job of a blacksmith could be very variable. One day he was smithing new knives for one of his customers, the next he was on his way to the stables to inspect the gear. It was one of the stable boys that had come to his shop early that morning, to ask for his help. Apparently a lot of saddles and bridles needed replacement parts. Svart had taken some tools with him, but ofcourse he would have to take the parts back to the shop to repair them.

It was refreshing to be outside the village again. The fuss inside the centre and around the docks was sometimes a bit overwhelming. When he entered the stables, at first sight, he thought he was alone. The stable boy had explained where to find the gear, and he went looking for it. When he walked past one of the boxes, he saw a young lady brushing a gorgeous looking black horse. She seemed to be occupied by her thoughts. Svart coughed softly, to draw her attention in a non-threatening way.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 1:18 pm

She didn´t hear footsteps, since she was thinking and not caring about what was happening around her. Suddenly she heard coughing behind her. She turned around quickly, because it slightly scared her. When she saw a man, that looked like he didn´t want to hurt her, or cause her trouble, she relaxed her face and smiled. How long have you been standing there? She curiously asked with a smile on her face,when she saw, that the man looked like he likes to talk, because otherwise he would not cough. And also because she wanted to know, whether is she deaf and blind or not. If he stood there for a long time, she probably looked like a freak in his eyes. She took an apple from the basket that was on the ground right next to him and gave it to another horse, that was standing next to the black stallion. While doing it, she was listening to him.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 4:42 pm

The distinct smell of the stables reminded him of a lot of his adventures. He never felt completely confident when sitting on top of an animal like that, he just couldn’t get used to it. He felt a bit nervous about putting his trust in a creature that could kill him. Although he had his cat, who sure had the ability to end it if he wanted to. His claws and teeth were strong and sharp. But he knew the skogkatt was sent to protect him, not to kill him. And if he was the one to send him to Valhalla, he was sure of a spot in the halls of Odin, since the cat was a servant of Freyja.

It seemed like he was not the only one to be dwelling in his thoughts. A young blonde girl, who was grooming one of the horses, was pretty absent too. Until he coughed. She turned around, seemed slightly scared. She relaxed when she saw his soft smile though. "How long have you been standing there?" She asked. ”Only just now, don’t worry, I’m not the type of guy that would spy on someone”, He reassured her. The smith leaned on the door of the box. ”That’s one beautiful horse”, He remarked, nodding at the animal she was brushing.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 5:11 pm

”Only just now, don’t worry, I’m not the type of guy that would spy on someone”when he said that, she sighed with relief, because she didn´t humiliate herself. Good, she gave him amused smile, if you would say, that you are standing there a long time, i would be running away by now. She looked at him and saw him leaning on the door of the box. ”That’s one beautiful horse” She went to horse and caressed horse neck, then she looked at the man. I agree with you. There´s something special about him. She smiled relaxed. I have never seen horse like this in Udevalla. She just said without thinking about it and in that moment, she stopped carrying the horse, because she thought that it was mistake to say it. Some people thinks she is a traitor, when she is from Uddevalla. She hoped, that he won´t be that kind of person. She just hated people, that were judging her, without knowing her.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Even though it seemed like they both had a job to do, a little small talk wouldn’t hurt anyone. They were no people around to get mad at him for distracting her and she wouldn’t get into trouble either. He had no idea what her rank was, but since she was working here, he assumed she must be a stable girl. She asked if he had stood there for a long time, which he denied. He had only just arrived. "Good, if you would say, that you are standing there a long time, i would be running away by now." She replied, with an amused smile. The smith laughed out loud. ”I would do the same”, He chuckled, making sure she knew he took no offence in her words.

His eyes turned to the horse, a beautiful one, that was for sure. "I agree with you. There´s something special about him." She said, and he nodded. "I have never seen horse like this in Uddevalla." She then said. He looked up surprised when he heard the name of the village he was born in. She, on the other hand, quickly turned her head away. ”You’re right”, He said with a smile, even though she wouldn’t see it. ”Have you been in Uddevalla?” He asked curiously. It was a coincidence that had made this encounter much more interesting.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 pm

”I would do the same”She smiled when he laughed. She likes hearing people laugh, not because she would be that cheerful person, but because it was sign, that he is not fake. You can pretend everything, but not a good laugh. She was also glad, he cam make fun of himself. When she said that Uddevalla thing, she tried to avoid his look, so she just turned around to see the horse. ”You’re right” When he said that, she could hear from his voice, that he is calm and in good mood still, so she just smiled, to herself. She expected, whether he would react to Uddevalla or not. It wouldn´t be good if he would ask about it. Unfortunately the question came. ”Have you been in Uddevalla?” She heard how curious he is, which made her wonder, whether he is glad to hear about Uddevalla or not. She felt, how interested he was in her answer, so she turned at him and gave him weak smile. Yes, i have been in Uddevalla. She said with sign of happiness in her voice. In fact i grew up there. She smiled, because memories were flashing through her mind right now. Hopefully he won´t think, that she is traitor. Why are you asking? Now she was curious. Have you ever been there? She asked with huge smile on her face.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Laughing and joking was something that kept the smith alive. That, and doing slightly irresponsible things that could bring him in a bit of danger. Nothing was more fun than the thrill of a dangerous situation. But this was fun too, he wouldn’t lie about it. Even if she was a lot younger than him, he didn’t mind. It didn’t feel weird at all. He could get along with everyone. And it seemed like they had something in common too. She didn’t know yet, but mentioning Uddevalla had opened a whole box of memories he had pushed away since he had arrived here. He knew Björn Ironside was cautious because he wasn’t born here in Kattegat, so he had stopped talking about it openly.

But now she had picked up the subject, he decided to ask her if she had been in Uddevalla before. There was no one else in the stables except for them, so it wouldn’t really hurt. "Yes, i have been in Uddevalla." She admitted when she saw he meant nothing wrong with his question. In fact i grew up there. She continued, and he could hear in her voice she obviously missed being home. "Why are you asking? Have you ever been there?" She returned the question. ”Yes, I’ve been there. I grew up there too”, He said with a chuckle. ”But I left over 8 years ago, so I wouldn’t know how it is to live there now”, He then continued. When he left Uddevalla, the king hadn’t gone mad yet..

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 pm

”Yes, I’ve been there. I grew up there too” She didn´t know what to think about it. Of course she was happy to meet someone, she can talk about her previous home and place she spent her whole life in. She widely smiled as he chuckled. ”But I left over 8 years ago, so I wouldn’t know how it is to live there now” Why have you left? She asked all of sudden, without really thinking about it. On the second thought she knew, that he had probably good reason to leave, so she just added. If you don´t mind telling me of course.She looked at him and answered his question, without need to think about her words. We didn´t live in the centre. We had house on the countryside, so i don´t know any juicy news about Uddevalla. She was picturing their house in her head. But i guess, nothing changed since you left. Except the king. She looked at him with weak grin on her face, because she didn´t know, if he likes the king or not. She had to be careful and watch her mouth.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 11:09 pm

Out of the many skills he had, guessing someone’s age was not one of them. But he guessed she was young, not in her 20s yet. He did not recognise her from when he lived back in Uddevalla. It probably meant she had been too young for him to have seen her. If she had been older then, he would’ve probably remembered her. He kinda knew his way around pretty girls back then. A skill he hadn’t lost yet, but he had to stay unnoticed for a while. ”Why have you left?” The girl asked, a logical question after his words. "If you don´t mind telling me of course." She then said quickly. He shook his head with a smile around his lips. ”I don’t”, He reassured her, after which he walked into the box and sat down on a hay bale.

”I left because I had a feeling the world would offer me more than Uddevalla ever could”, He explained. Something most people wouldn’t understand. "We didn´t live in the centre. We had house on the countryside, so i don´t know any juicy news about Uddevalla." The girl then said out of nowhere, keeping the conversation going by herself. Something he appreciated. "But I guess, nothing changed since you left. Except the king." She continued, and he sighed softly. ”Ah yes, the king”, He repeated with some sadness in his voice. ”I knew him personally”, He then said, while looking up to her. ”I was one of his apprentices.”

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 8:15 pm

”I don’t” she smiled back at him ”I left because I had a feeling the world would offer me more than Uddevalla ever could”,She just nodded in understanding way, when he told her the reasons, why he left Uddevalla.I understand. She had pretty common reasons, she hated Uddevalla. When her father died, everyone were judging her and her sister and she hates judgement of people who have never talked with her. She could not bare the look on their faces, when she was walking the street, so she just left. Maybe she acted like a coward, but she told herself, that she has no reason to stay, so that is why she just dissapeared with her sister, hoping, that Kattegat would be better.  ”Ah yes, the king” when he said that, she gave looked at him interested.”I knew him personally”She didn´t expect that, so she gave him a shocked look, and then she weakly smiled.  ”I was one of his apprentices.” She looked at him curiously. What was he like? She asked and added. I mean, i knew him only as king, from stories my father used to tell me.She smiled, when she remembered, that in one time, she would not fall asleep without a story, so her father had to make some. Was he good person? She asked and smiled at him.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 10:56 pm

Every time someone asked him that question, he felt like he had given a different answer. They were all true, but the answer had changed over time. First he had felt trapped. Then he had felt like he had too much responsibilities he could not fulfil. The answer he gave her now, was true at this time, but might as well be different when she asked it again in a couple of years. If he still was around by then. For now he answered her questions in an honest way, even those about the king. It was a difficult subject for him. He did not want to defend the horrible things king Vidar had done since the death of his beloved wife, but the Vidar he had known didn’t deserve to be thought of as a monster either.

"What was he like?" She asked, a question many people had asked him before. "I mean, i knew him only as king, from stories my father used to tell me" She defended her choice to ask him that particular question. ”Was he good person?” She asked with a smile. The blacksmith nodded lightly. ”Yes, he was”, He replied honestly. ”He was a great mentor and I think we considered each other friends at one point”, He chuckled. That was before he had ‘betrayed’ him, as Björn would put it. ”He was not king yet back then, but he surely possessed the traits of one”, He said with a grin, reminding how he always pushed his apprentices to perfection.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 8:30 pm

She nodded, listening to him. She understood how he felt somehow. She knew few people, that were like king. Friend for her, that suddenly changed into something nobody liked. ”Yes, he was” She looked at him, trying to imagine him, talking with young prince like a friend. ”He was a great mentor and I think we considered each other friends at one point” I think, you seem to make new friends easilly. You are a good talker. She likes to talk a lot, but she is not as experienced with words as he is. She smiled and sat down near him. ”He was not king yet back then, but he surely possessed the traits of one” She nodded again and smiled weakly. I wish i knew him. She saw grin on his face, that made her smile more. She wanted to ask again, why he left Uddevalla, but in the end she decided not to do that and asked different question. You are blacksmith right? She smiled and suddenly she realized, that she doesn´t even know his name. My name is Sigrunn by the way. She smiled again, knowing how ridiculous it is.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Ofcourse there were times when he doubted his own decision. He had left his parents and friends behind, his whole future. It was all planned out, and it didn’t even look bad. He would’ve been a respected blacksmith, like his father. He would have wealth and he would have been appreciated by the king and his loyal entourage. He would even be a member of said group. But he left, and sometimes he regretted it. On the other side, if he hadn’t had left, he would not have been here today. He would not have this conversation, and it was an interesting one to be fair. He had seen and experienced things he would never have if he had stayed. With that thought he went to sleep every night, and the doubt disappeared as fast as it had come.

"I think, you seem to make new friends easily. You are a good talker." The girl said, and he took it as a compliment. "Thank you, I sure hope people enjoy my company", He smiled in reply. "You are blacksmith right?" She then asked. "My name is Sigrunn by the way." She introduced herself, and it was only know he realised he hadn’t told her his name either. ”Yes, I am. I am allowed to replace the old blacksmith. And my name is Svart”, He replied to her words. He then got up and reassembled his gear. ”I actually came here to check upon the gear, if anything needs replacement. Do you know where they keep the saddles?” He then asked, even though he knew it already. He just wanted to talk a bit more, while doing his work. It would make the time go faster for sure.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 7:51 pm

She was curiously listening to him and nodding. "Thank you, I sure hope people enjoy my company"
She smiled and replied. Even I enjoy your company and that is something. When she introduced herself to him she hoped, that he would do the same, because otherwise it would be pretty awkward for her. ”Yes, I am. I am allowed to replace the old blacksmith. And my name is Svart” She smiled with relief, that he told her his name. Svart? To be honest, I think i have never heard that name before. She smiled weakly and stood up, because it was no longer comfortable for her to sit. Just seconds after her, he stood up too, asking her question. ”I actually came here to check upon the gear, if anything needs replacement. Do you know where they keep the saddles?” She nodded and then responded with somehow sad smile. Sorry, i have no idea where the saddles are. I am here for the first time today, because the stable boy asked me to help him and i had nothing better to do. She looked around her and tried to find the saddles, because she hated, when she coudn´t help, so she tried her best. She started walking aroung horses, looking, where the saddles were hidden.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 pm

"Even I enjoy your company and that is something." The girl replied to his words. He laughed out loud and nodded in agreement. ”I am honoured you approve my company”, He said with a big smile. It actually meant a lot to him. Since he had arrived, he sure had struggled to fit into this new community. Not everyone appreciated his company as much as Sigrunn did. It felt nice to just talk to someone without having to worry he would be judged. He did not have to impress her, nor win her trust. He did not have to prove anything to her and it made the conversation much more enjoyable for him too. When she told him her name, he answered with his name in return, so now they were officially acquainted. "Svart? To be honest, I think i have never heard that name before." She said with a weak smile. ”It is indeed not a common name, but it has a story and therefore I love it”, He chuckled, remembering how he got his name always made him feel happy.

It made him think of his parents, but in a good way. How loving they had always been to him, and to each other. He sure hoped to one day see them again. But first he had some work to do. He asked her for her help. "Sorry, I have no idea where the saddles are. I am here for the first time today, because the stable boy asked me to help him and I had nothing better to do." She said, and he saw how determined she was to help him. ”Then we can search for it together”, He said enthusiastically. ”If I remember correctly, it should be behind a door somewhere”, He continued, giving her the chance to find it for him so she would feel better about herself.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 7:27 pm

His laugh made her smile. She loves to see people laughing, it makes her feel happy. ”I am honoured you approve my company”, She just smiled gladly, hoping, that he felt as good as she did. She felt like she knew him for years, it made her feel pretty comfortable. She asked him about his name and he answered, basically teling her nothing new, which made her more curious. ”It is indeed not a common name, but it has a story and therefore I love it”She gave him warm smile, wondering, what the story was, but she thought, that maybe he didn´t want to talk about it and she didn´t want to ruin this conversation.I mean it´s pretty awesome name and even better when you have a good memory in it. She saw his look, which made her sure, that the story is good. She wanted to help him, but she had no idea, where to search for the saddles. ”Then we can search for it together” She was glad, that he wanted to help her, but she was busy with trying to find the saddles, that she gave him only fast smile and continued.If I remember correctly, it should be behind a door somewhere” She looked at him, wondering, if he knew, where the saddles were, or is just saying it randomly. She went behind the first door she saw and found the saddles. He knew it all along. She could not be angry with him, because he probably just wanted her to be able to help, so she turned at him with slightly amused look. You bastard. You knew all along. She warmly smiled then, letting him know, that she is not angry and took one of the saddles. Where do you want me to put it? She weakly smiled, holding the saddle.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 am

Even though he really enjoyed this conversation, he also had work to do. He couldn’t just hang around the stables and do nothing. It would give him a bad reputation. Something he couldn’t afford. He had to make a good impression, show the villagers he was trustworthy. To be honest, he got kind of tired of people calling him ‘stranger’ and giving him suspicious looks when he walked through the streets. But for now, he felt great. It was nice to talk to someone who kind of understood him. Not being born in Kattegat sure had its downsides. "I mean it´s pretty awesome name and even better when you have a good memory in it." She replied to his words, and he nodded with a smile. ”If I ever see my parents again, I will tell them they have made a good choice”, He said jokingly.

When they started looking for the saddles, he hinted she had to look for a door. A few moments later she found it and turned around with an amused look. "You bastard. You knew all along." She accused him, and he started to laugh. ”You have no proof of that”, He chuckled. "Where do you want me to put it?" She then asked, and he pointed at a random stable door of an empty box. ”If you want to put it on the highest beam, that would be great”, He said. In the meantime he also walked inside and carried out two more saddles, since he was a lot bigger and stronger than Sigrunn.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 6:16 pm

When she told her the thing with his name, he smiled, which made her even more comfortable to be around him. She just loved cheerful people.  ”If I ever see my parents again, I will tell them they have made a good choice” When he said those words, she didn´t know, what to think about it, but didn´t let him know, how much she is thinking about it.  She just gave him weak smile and said words, that could make him angry, but she just had to say it for some reason. If i ever see my parents again? I think when I´m gonna see my parents again sounds a lot better. She winked at him, making sure, her words didn´t hurt him or make him angry. When she found the saddles and accused him, he just started to laugh and answered. ”You have no proof of that” She just smiled widely, maybe little but teasingly. How can you know that?She said it, not having the proof, but just trying to show him, that she could react quickly. And she also loved to make him unsure. Then she grabbed the saddle and asked where to put it.   ”If you want to put it on the highest beam, that would be great” She just nodded with weak smile and did as he wanted her to do. She had some troubles with putting the saddle there, because it got stuck in the stable door for a second, so she had to takeout it, in which she succeeded, but probably looked like a freak, doing it, since she had to hold the saddle in the same time. She had plenty of free time in that moment and had no problems with helping him, since he proved himself as a good talker. So? How can i help you now? She smiled and was waiting for next instructions.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 12:47 pm

"If i ever see my parents again? I think when I´m gonna see my parents again sounds a lot better." Sigrunn replied to his words. He smiled and nodded. ”That is true, it does sound better”, He said, but not as cheerful as before. He didn’t even know if his parents would ever want to see him again. He didn’t know if they were still alive either. He always feared the repercussions that could strike them. It hadn’t been smart to anger king Vidar, there had to be consequences of some kind. He could only pray to the Gods they were not at the expense of his parents.

Luckily with some jokes, the air was cleared again. "How can you know that?" She said teasingly. ”Unless you can read minds you could not know. So, can you? Can you read minds?” He asked, while watching her closely, as if he could sense her lies. He was quite happy when she offered her help without him asking. She struggled a bit with the more heavy saddles but at least she didn’t complain. Something he admired about her. He could not imagine the life of a thrall, but he knew it wouldn’t be for him.

"So? How can i help you now?" She asked, and he walked over to her with the last saddle. He put it on the top beam and then started inspecting the metalwork. Soon he found some rusty parts. ”You can start looking for rusty or broken metal on the saddles. I need to replace them later on”, He instructed, while pointing at the rusty metal, so she could have a frame of reference.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 7:18 pm

When she said the thing about parents, he answered with smile at first. ”That is true, it does sound better” That smile turned into something she didn´t wanted to see on his face. Worries? Doubts? She decided not to talk about it, since it was not making him feel comfortable. She just smiled encouragingly, but that was the only thing she did about it. She didn´t wanted to ruin his mood completely. And she didn´t he looked like, he was good and prepared to joke. ”Unless you can read minds you could not know. So, can you? Can you read minds?” She smiled intriguingly. Maybe i can. She told him, knowing it is not possible and she can´t do it, even if she tried. You never know. She said that only because she wanted to amuse him, and herself too. Kind of. She never ruins fun and since he seemed to share her sense of humour, she had no problems, with continuing jokes. She wanted to help him, so she did. When she saw him watching her, with sign of respect, she just weakly smiled. She liked her job. It was pretty simple and she had chance to meet new people, which she loved. She wanted to help even more, so she asked for another job. ”You can start looking for rusty or broken metal on the saddles. I need to replace them later on” She looked at the rusty metal, just to make sure and started to look for it on the saddle she brought. After while, she was slumped, to see the the metal better. She had no problems with finding the rust. She looked at him, with satisfied face, because she found something, but also with feeling, that she is making him spend his time on something he might not like doing. I found something. I think. She said, because she was not hundred percent sure about it. She pointed her finger at the rust on the saddle and smiled weakly. Do you like your job? She just wanted the conversation to keep going.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 6:40 pm

All jokes aside, there still was work to do. He wanted to make a good impression on the villagers of Kattegat, so he would have a good reputation. Being a blacksmith was not only his job, but also his favourite thing to do. He loved working, because it passed time and he enjoyed the results. It was a very fulfilling job. It was his passion, since he was a kid, and he was happy he could work as a blacksmith again. During his travels, he sometimes could use the local blacksmith’s furnace, but it was much better to have one for your own. For a moment he found himself focussed on looking for rust, marking the parts that needed to be replaced with a bright yellow dot of paint.

Svart turned towards Sigrunn when she caught his attention. "I found something. I think." She said, and he walked over to look at the metalwork she was pointing at. ”Let me see, hmm”, He said, after which he marked it with paint. ”You are right, this needs replacement, well done”, He continued with a nod of approval. He then turned back to his own saddle. "Do you like your job?" She asked. He chuckled softly. ”Yes, I do. I like it very much”, He replied. ”Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a blacksmith, just like my father”, He then explained. ”I am happy to have the opportunity to be a blacksmith in Kattegat, having my own shop and everything”, He then smiled. It was truly a gift, and he was very grateful. Hopefully he could make himself usefull in the meantime too.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 8:52 pm

She was happy to help him, so it made her smile, when she found, what he asked her to look for. ”Let me see, hmm” When he said that, she held her breath, because she was kinda nervous, that she made mistake. She hated making mistakes.”You are right, this needs replacement, well done”, She smiled with relief, but she was also proud of herself. It would be embarrasing for her to be wrong. When she asked him about his job, she felt, how much he liked being blacksmith. ”Yes, I do. I like it very much”, She smiled, because she made the right move, asking about his job. ”Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a blacksmith, just like my father.” It reminded her of her sister Thyra, who always wanted to be like their father. Warrior. She smiled, remembering her father and nodded. What made you want to be like your father, may i ask?She asked, because the answer could tell her everything about him. She was maybe little bit worried, that this question is too personal for him, so she weakly smiled at him. For example, i would never want to have the same job as my real mother. She looked at him with a smirk. ”I am happy to have the opportunity to be a blacksmith in Kattegat, having my own shop and everything” She smiled. You are very lucky, i have to admit. She didn´t mean it in bad way, she just said it, really thinking it.
Back to top Go down

Svart Rauðrsson
Svart Rauðrsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Maybe this was his least favourite thing to do regarding his job. Repairing old stuff was less exciting than making something new out of just a lump of iron. It wasn’t as challenging. But it had to be done, and since he was the new blacksmith, that was his job. He wouldn’t complain though. He didn’t want to anger or annoy Björn Ironside. But talking about the subject always lit the same fire of passion. It was almost like it was his calling, to be a blacksmith. Or a traveller. He hadn’t figured that part out yet. "What made you want to be like your father, may I ask?" Sigrunn asked. "For example, i would never want to have the same job as my real mother." She then said He shrugged lightly. ”I do not really know, growing up he was my hero. I looked up to him and his work, and I decided I wanted to do the same”, He explained, thinking about his childhood.

”What did your mother do for a living?” He asked in return. Her words had made him curious. But then again, he was curious by nature too. "You are very lucky, i have to admit." She said. He nodded. ”I was fortunate yes, I could make my own decisions and live the life I wanted to”, He smiled. In the meantime he was finishing up the last saddle. That one could stay here, since it had not much damage after all.

Back to top Go down

Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Sigrunn Vidarsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 6:51 pm

She sat to the ground, not caring about her dress, because her legs were aching, since she sat only while she was having fast breakfast and that was while ago. She looked at him as he started talking.”I do not really know, growing up he was my hero. I looked up to him and his work, and I decided I wanted to do the sameShe nodded in understanding. It felt like her sister is talking to her at the moment. She smiled nicely. You remind me of my sister Thyra right now.She remembered her immediately. She admired father, just like you do.Now, she remembered her father with his wife. ”What did your mother do for a living?” She chuckled and almost laughed, when he asked her. She gave him slightly amused smile. Well, my mother was a whore.She looked at him to see his reaction. So you can tell, what was she doing for living.She grinned and continued. At least, that´s what my father claimed and since i am his bastard, it makes sense. She shook her head and added. So basically Thyra is my halfsister.She explained and was watching him working. ”I was fortunate yes, I could make my own decisions and live the life I wanted to”She smiled nicely and leaned her back on the wall.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

Job to do (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Job to do (open) Job to do (open) Empty

Back to top Go down
Job to do (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next