PROFIELMessages : 219
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyTue May 30, 2017 7:33 pm

RELAX

Rhona walked barefoot along the edge of the water. The sun was going down and she knew she should get home, but she wanted to feel the cool water on her sore feet just a little longer. Usually content being alone, the quiet of the settling day was a perfect tonic for her, calming her from the energetic training she received daily. She continued to walk along the water, knowing she wasn't alone, but happy to let the human she sensed either walk away, or make themselves known. She had kept her axes in her belt, resting her hands on the heads. She listened for the shuffle of footsteps, and to the breathing she could hear. She felt safe enough on the shore, so she pretended to be lost in thought. What was fate bringing her this night?

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

PROFIELMessages : 146
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 1:38 pm

O
cassionally, she let herself slowly wander from her home. Every now and then she felt the need to escape from the frantic running and screaming of her siblings and her father's melancholy. It had been a while since her mother and his wife had passed away, but he never had seemed to get better. She understood, to some degree. She had been inconsolable, heartbroken too, but with time she had managed to overcome her grief. She could only hope her father would to. Until then she relied on her escapades at sundown to keep her at bay. She was greeted by a cold brush of air, letting her now the shore was near. The rushing of the water somehow seemed to calm her down. She noted the red-headed woman, walking along the shoreline. The axes she was carrying told her enough, she had to be a shieldmaiden. Maybe she had known her mother. Once more, the cold wind brushed against her, causing her to tighten the cloak she was wearing. For some reason, she felt the need to talk to the fiery woman that was standing a few meters away from her. To ask about the raids, about her mother, about the lands they visited that were unkown to her. She didn't dare to ask, however, causing her to just awkwardly stare at the stranger in silence instead. 

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 3:52 pm

RELAX

Rhona continued to sweep her feet, one at a time, through the cool water while waiting for the person on shore to make a decision. She heard no sound to indicate movement, so she knew the person was just standing there. Rhona made the decision she usually wouldn't, and turned around. She saw a tall slim girl with long brown hair, staring at her. The girl looked familiar, but Rhona couldn't figure out why. "Hello," Rhona said. She walked out of the water, keeping her hands on her axes still. "Do we know each other? You look familiar but I cannot quite place where I know you from." Rhona sat down to put her boots back on, making sure to keep an eye on the quiet brunette. Rhona normally would have just walked on, leaving the girl with her own thoughts, but something about her quiet countenance had made Rhona curious.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 4:49 pm

I
t would have been a lie if she'd said she wasn't startled in the slightest when the red-headed woman turned around all of a sudden. It looked a little too incriminating: Eydís just staring at the stranger like that. She quickly looked away, knowing it was already too late and the woman had already seen her. The shieldmaiden walked towards her, her hands resting on her weapons. A shiver traveled down her spine, but she managed to keep it cool. She was greeted and put on a polite smile. "Hello," she quickly retorted, as to not be rude. Because nothing could possibly be worse than being rude. The woman asked if they knew each other, and Eydís shook her head. "I don't think so," she softly started off. "Although, you might have known my mother. She was a shieldmaiden, too." The woman in front of her did not seem that much older than her, but her mother had only passed away last year. It might still be possible. "I'm Eydís, by the way," she then quicly said. It was always a bit strange to engage in conversation with someone whose name you didn't even know. 

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 6:00 pm

RELAX

Rhona heard the younger woman begin to speak and had to strain to hear her. She quietly answered, "I don't think so... Although, you might have known my mother.." When Rhona heard her say that her mother had been a shield maiden as well, it clicked. Gunhild. Then she heard the woman introduce herself. "You're Gunhild's daughter, the seamstress." Rhona missed Gunhild, having fought with her in many battles. She had always admired the older shield-maiden, but Gunhild never really talked about her family. "I'm Rhona. I fought with your mother in quite a few battles" she said. She was curious about the girl who had had such a fierce mother, and found herself wondering why the girl didn't follow the same path. Rhona assessed the woman's figure. She was tall enough to be a good fighter, although she was rather slim. "What brings you to the lake this evening?" Rhona queried. She shifted her weight as she waited for a response.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 6:50 pm

S
he didn't have many memories of her mother, and even less of them were fond. Eydís, as the firstborn of the family, had been an unwanted child and her mother had never hesitated to let her know just that. They had been polar opposites from the start and they had never managed to reconcile. Eydís only had wished just that when it was too late. Now her mother was gone and had only left a broken home behind. She nodded when the red-headed woman noted that she was Gunhild's daughter. Some had looked up to her mother. The woman had always radiated some kind of strenght, although it had never been the kind that Eydís had aspired to have. The woman introduced herself as Rhona. She had fought with her mother, apparently, and Eydís nodded. Now that she had that knowledge, she didn't exactly know what to do with it anymore. The next question was what brought her to the lake, to which she just shrugged. "I had quite a busy day. I needed to get my mind off of things," she admitted. She turned her head to the sight, the sun just disappearing behind the lake, throwing its last rays of light over the water. "It's truly a beautiful sight, isn't it?" she softly spoke with a appreciative smile on her face. She felt quite blessed to live in a breathtaking place as this one, even if living in it wasn't always that easy. 

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 7:10 pm

RELAX

Rhona could plainly see that Eydis did not want to speak about her mother.
"I had quite a busy day. I needed to get my mind off things", she said, in answer to Rhona's question. Rhona nodded and watched as she turned her head towards the sunset. She looked at the fading orange rays as well, agreeing with Eydis when she said, "It's truly a beautiful sight, isn't it?"

"It is beautiful, indeed." They stood together in the silence, watching the light gleam softly off the lake, until they were near surrounded by darkness. Rhona shifted again, stretching, and prepared to head to her home. She never knew how to end conversations in what was considered a polite fashion; she figured if neither person had anything to say, then leaving was the best option. But she felt at ease with Eydis, and asked, " Something on your mind? I can just listen, if you want. You can talk while we walk back to the village." If Eydis did not want to talk, it would not offend Rhona. Some people liked to figure things out for themselves, while others liked to talk just to rid themselves of the emotions they were feeling. So Rhona waited.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 12:17 am

M
aybe it was a little too obvious that her mother wasn't her favorite topic. She knew she should have been more grateful to the woman who gave her life while she could, but she never really had the chance. From her peripheral view Eydís looked at the shieldmaiden next to her. Surely she had known her mother in an entirely different way. They had relied on each other in battle, in a matter of life and death. Maybe her mother could have been a friend, if she just had been someone else. Rhona agreed with her, and after that a silence followed. Eydís stared over the water, remembering her mother sailing away for the very last time. All of a sudden, the shieldmaiden asked if she had something on her mind. As if she could just sense it. Was it really that obvious? And to be honest, she really could use someone that was willing to listen to her. Her father had his own things to deal with, her siblings were too young to understand. A shieldmaiden who had lost friends and family in battle surely could relate, right? "It's been a year," she softly started. A year since the woman who had tormented her was ripped out of her life. And for some reason she had felt awful about it. "My father hasn't been himself in a while, and now he's leaving everything to me," she continued. This wasn't going anywhere. "I just don't know what to do." Crying in front of a stranger wasn't something she hadn't done before, but it was never something she would get used to. 

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 am

RELAX

Rhona listened to Eydis as she told her how Gunhild's death affected their family. The woman ended her story, tears falling down her face, saying, "I just don't know what to do." and Rhona froze, not knowing how to handle the tears. She ruminated on the situation for a moment, and found that she was feeling something herself.

She was upset for Eydis. She felt almost sisterly offense at Eydis' situation, even though they had only met that night. Maybe it was how shy she seemed, or how she had easily confided in Rhona, and that is when Rhona did something she would deny until the day she died. She embraced Eydis as a sister would, then grabbed her shoulders and said, "If there is anything you need me to do, all you need to do is come by my house. If you need a break, or need me to break something, just come find me. I'm especially good at breaking arms." Rhona was trying to lighten the mood, and get her to stop crying. She hoped that her threat of violence didn't scare away the younger woman; she decided she wanted to be Eydis' friend, because it sounded like she needed one.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:42 am

T
heir people were not a sentimental one, that much Eydís was sure of. And for some reason it had been her who had to be different. Her emotions were something she was sure she would never get a hold of. When she was happy, she laughed, when she was sad, she cried. There was no point in hiding it, her body would never let her. Others seemed to be able to mask their true feelings, something she somehow never learnt. Sometimes she wished she could do it like them, push her feelings back so that they wouldn't bother anyone. She envied others that way. Rhona remained silent and Eydís was afraid she'd made a mistake. Confiding in a stranger was not something you were supposed to do, and for good reason. She gasped when she suddenly felt two arms wrap around her in a tight embrace. She couldn't remember the last time someone held her like that, which made her only want to grip the other woman tighter. The string of words that followed from Rhona, made her smile again. Softly chuckling, she wiped the tears from her eyes and nodded. "Thank you. I- I'm so sorry," she sighed, trying to get herself together again. "It's been on my mind a lot. It's just... nobody ever asks." She cleared her throat, mildly ashamed at how she looked right now. If only she had been strong like her mother. 

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 pm

RELAX

Rhona let Eydis go after she heard her soft chuckle, and gave the smaller woman a big grin. Eydis had said no one ever asks her what's on her mind, and it is then that Rhona decides on a course of action. "Tomorrow, I will stop by your shop and we will lunch together. Then we can have a chat while we eat. It will give you a chance to talk about whatever you like, and it will give me a conversation that does not include the talk of whatever thrall is the best under the furs." Rhona made a disgusted face and grunted, hoping to elicit another laugh from her newfound friend.
While she was waiting for a response, Rhona looked around and noticed how dark it had gotten. She pulled her axes from her belt, and looked around, knowing that some predators came out at night. She motioned to Eydis that they should begin walking back, and waited for her to begin following.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 8:14 pm

H
er family never had been very affectionate, even her siblings seemed rather distant. She wondered why she was so different from the rest of them, why she had to be the weird one out. She wiped away her last tear and just hoped that her eyes hadn't turned red yet. Her father would know she had cried and ask questions she didn't have answers to. He meant well, she knew, but it was evident that he had no idea how to be a father. Especially now that the love of his life was gone. Eydís smiled gratefully at Rhona when she said she would stop by at the dressmaker's tomorrow to talk about everything. When Rhona revealed that most of the conversations with the other warriors were about their sexual escapades. Eydís looked at Rhona in shock. "They talk about that kind of stuff?" she whispered, merely disgusted by the idea. She couldn't picture her mother being in that kind of company. Her eyes were pulled towards Rhona's axes when she pulled them from her belt. Up until now, she hadn't really noticed that the sun had almost disappeared and everything had gotten darker. Rhona motioned for her to start walking, which she did. "How do you like being a shieldmaiden?" Eydís then asked, curious as to why her mother loved fighting and going on raids so much. She had never understood, maybe Rhona could enlighten her.  

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 9:29 pm

RELAX

Rhona pulled her axes from her belt, half listening to Eydís as she scanned the forest for anything that might pose a threat to their safety. She heard her ask, "They talk about that kind of stuff?' sounding horrified and disgusted. Rhona chuckled as they began walking forward and replied,"Yes, the males do. Some shield-maidens as well. I have before, but with most of our vikings, it seems that is all they prefer to discuss."
They made their way in to the forest, back towards Kattegat, Rhona relaxed but observant. She heard Eydís ask how she liked being a shield-maiden, and Rhona smiled. She turned her head towards Eydís and answered,"I was born for it. There is nothing quite like testing yourself against the strength and wit of others, but it also helps me to deal with any feelings I do not like to display. When I am in the midst of a fight, whether it be training or battle, I can use my emotions to fuel my strength." Rhona sidestepped a log that was laying in their path as she continued,"Fighting, for me, is a show of my strength, and how I am the same as any man, and better than the ones I defeat." They were almost back at Kattegat, as Rhona decided to ask Eydís a question.
"Eydís, how would you feel about learning archery? You would be able to practice it just as something to get your mind off of your troubles, shooting targets instead of animals or people if you'd like." Rhona waited for a response as they got closer to town.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 11:02 pm

R
hona arming herself with her axes didn't exactly reassure Eydís. It was probably for the best though, anything or anyone could be targeting two women at night. It was just the thought that Rhona actually might have to use them that scared her. Eydís was afraid of getting hurt as well as possibly having to hurt someone else, which was an exhausting thing sometimes. Rhona seemed to find some kind of enjoyment in her disgust regarding the vikings' topics of conversation. Eydís just frowned. She felt bad for the Thralls. People who probably lost their entire families to Viking raiders and consequently were enslaved by them, only to be used as objects. The very thought made shivers run down her spine.

The walk back went rather smoothly, with Eydís asking Rhona what it was like to be a shieldmaiden. Her mother had never told her much about what she did when she was abroad, and frankly, Eydís was dying for some stories. Rhona argued that she was born for this, which made Eydís smile for some reason. The red-headed woman seemed ambitious, strong, ceertain. It was quite inspiring. "That's quite admirable," Eydís spoke softly when Rhona had finished her story. Women were just as capable as men, if not more, and she admired Rhona for fighting to demonstrate that fact. They were almost back at Kattegat when Rhona asked her about learning archery. Eydís cocked an eyebrow at her in confusion. Just the very thought of shooting and killing something made her feel upset. "I don't know," she started, cautiously. She thought about it for a bit. At some point she needed to learn how to defend herself at least a little, right? "I might want to, but I would probably be terrible at it anyway," she said while shrugging. A little self-defence seemed in order, and Rhona would surely make a fine teacher. "Could you teach me?" You never knew when a little archery would come in handy.   

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 11:14 pm

RELAX

As they arrived back at Kattegat, Rhona had asked Eydis if she would consider practicing archery. She waited for her to think on it and give her answer. Rhona watched as every emotion Eydis felt flitted across her face. She finally answered Rhona, saying,"I might want to, but I would probably be terrible at it anyway. Could you teach me?"

Rhona smiled and quickly agreed to teach Eydis. "let me know when you are ready to begin, and we can meet at the training fields. If you are terrible, we will practice as often as you are able, until you can shoot a target in my hand." Rhona had guessed that Eydis would be fair at archery in the beginning, and would help her as best as she could. Rhona was not the best archer they had, so when Eydis could learn no more from Rhona, she would ask another shield maiden to teach them both. "When will you be able to begin?" Rhona asked Eydis.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 8:32 pm

B
ack at Kattegat at last. Too bad she lived a bit out of town and had still some distance to cross before she would be home. She didn't even know if she wanted to be home right now. Usually when she got home late, she found her father still being up, drinking. He wasn't abusive when he drank, but he wasn't a pleasant person to be around either. She'd rather avoid him than confront him this time of night. She was pretty sure he would never hurt her again, but she knew he could. Maybe having some kind of way to defend herself would be useful someday. Rhona agreed to teach her, which made her smile. For some reason, she felt more comfortable being taught by a female warrior. "I could come see you tomorrow evening, after working at the dressmaker's, if you have time?" Eydís then suggested. Even though it made her a bit nervous, it also kind of excited her. Her siblings would probably be impressed when she would tell them she was learning how to handle a bow and arrow. 

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 8:47 pm

RELAX

"I could come see you tomorrow evening, after working at the dressmakers, if you have time?" Eydìs said. Rhona agreed, and after making sure she did not need Rhona to walk home with her, they went their separate ways. Rhona was pleased with their interaction; it was not often that Rhona made friends. She had her shield brothers and sisters, but they only spoke concerning matters of battle, or during training. It would be nice to hear about other's lives and their days, and talk about her own. She watched Eydìs until she was out of sight, and then turned towards her own house. It was dark outside, and Rhona could not wait to get home and eat her food. She would meet Eydìs tomorrow at the training grounds. Rhona decided to spend the day practicing her archery, so she would be more in position to help teach Eydìs. It had been some time since she had used any weapons besides her axes, so she needed the archery practice.

The next day, Rhona spent most of the morning finding a bow that she could pull, and a smaller one for Eydìs to use. She found suitable targets, further away from most of the others, so that they could hear one another talk. She then spent her time thinking of what the seamstress would need to know first, and tried to pay attention to every aspect of archery, so she would know what to talk about. As the sun passed it's zenith in the sky, Rhona walked to the fence that bordered the training fields, and kept an eye out for Eydìs' arrival.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 12:25 am

W
hen Rhona agreed, she wanted to jump around from excitement. The feeling of excitement combined with a slight hint of fear was an incredible feeling and it truly made her feel alive. They went their separate ways and Eydís walked home. After a while she got home safely, quietly entering her home. Luckily, her father didn't seem to be around. It was not too long after sundown, maybe he was still spending their hard-earned money at the tavern. It was no surprise if he did. With a sigh, she let her body drop on her bed, covering herself with the furs, letting herself fall asleep to the soft murmuring of her brother. It didn't take too long for her to drift away.

The next day was rather mundane. She woke up, fed her family and the animals and went to help Signý at her shop. It was a long, slow day of sewing, dyeing and weaving fabrics. At the end, she was yearning to actually do something. Like shoot a bow. Needless to say, she walked towards the training grounds rather quickly. The sight of Rhona made her smile. "Hello!" she greeted the other woman cheerfully. "So, what's lesson one?" she continued, eager to learn. Her eyes fell on the bow that Rhona had brought. It would feel so foreign in her hands, she knew, but she wanted to try so bad.  

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 12:49 am

RELAX

Rhona saw Eydìs as she practically skipped to the training area. After greeting one another, Rhona could tell that this was what her new friend needed. Rhona motioned for Eydìs to duck under the fence, and when she had, handed her the smaller bow. Rhona looked around, noticing that they were a good way away from the other vikings and shield maidens, and smiled contentedly. She was glad to have a friend that she could help, and the best part was that Rhona would be learning soon as well. She walked over to the area closer to the targets, and instructed her to pull the bowstring back with her hands to she if she needed a different bow or not. As she watched, Rhona grabbed an arrow and nocked it in her bow. She pulled the bowstring back and sighted down the arrow to the middle of the target. She listened to her own breathing; inhale, pause, exhale, pause. On the pause after her exhale, she loosed the arrow, and it almost hit the middle of her target. Lowering the bow, Rhona knew it was a fair shot. She looked at Eydìs and said,"My knowledge of archery is limited to hunting, and shooting at targets. I know it is different in battle, and after you surpass my skill, if you are interested in learning more, I will ask one of my sisters to teach us both." Rhona held an arrow out to the seamstress, and continued,"If you feel comfortable pulling the bow back, then I will show you how to nock this arrow and fire it at your target." Rhona was having a good time, surprisingly, as she had never really had an interest in teaching before. But it was all the same with most thegns; they wanted glory and battle. It was different teaching someone whose life would not necessarily rely on what they were doing. Rhona found it easier to teach in that situation, and knew that she would not get frustrated with Eydìs like she would with other people she taught. The woman was an eager learner, never trying thinking that she knew more than her teacher, which was a wonderful quality. She listened wholeheartedly to what Rhona was telling her, and she was extremely observant. But did she possess any natural skill? They would soon find out.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 3:29 pm

M
aybe she seemed a little too eager, but she didn't really care anymore. Rhona non-verbally told her to go underneath the fence, which she did. Right after that, she was handed the bow. She let her hands roam over it curiously, liking the way it fit into her hand. She inspected the string. It felt tougher than she imagined. The limbs had been carved out of oak, smoothened to fit her hand. She placed her hand on the grip that had been covered in a rope-like material. When Rhona instructed her to pull the bowstring back, she did, slowly getting used to the power that was needed to complete the action. It took more force than she had thought. She looked in amazement when Rhona demonstrated her archery skills. It brought on a certain kind of excitement to see a beautiful woman be that lethal. The shieldmaiden explained that her knowledge of archery was limited, but Eydís felt like it would already take a while to only learn the basics. "I can't wait," she said, louder than she ever said anything. She tried pulling the string back a couple of times, until it felt natural to her. "I think I"m good," she then said, kind of nervous to try the real thing. She pulled the thing a couple more times, trying to line up the bow with the target. "How do I get my stance right?" she asked. It was normal for her to kind of doubt every little thing she was doing. She was a perfectionist and would keep asking questions until she was sure she was doing it as best as she could. Hopefully, Rhona had enough patience to deal with her. 

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 7:42 am

RELAX

Rhona loosed the arrow from her bow, watching it fly towards the target, hitting near the center with a thud. She turned and looked to see Eydìs smiling, and knew that she had picked the right hobby when she heard Eydìs almost shout that she couldn't wait. There was less violence in target shooting than in the other forms of combat Rhona trained in, and knew that Eydìs would be able to use it to defend herself and her siblings if she absolutely needed to. Otherwise, it could be a distraction from what seemed to be troubling her newfound friend. She explained how to stand the proper way while firing after hearing her companion's request, and stood back as she stepped in line with her target. The sun was setting slowly, but Rhona knew that Eydis needed this after seeing the joy suffusing her when she picked up the bow and practiced pulling the taut tendon back, testing the strength she would need to fire it far enough. Rhona instructed Eydis to fire in the pause between exhaling and inhaling. She watched as the younger woman lifted the bow, sighted the arrow, and squared her shoulders, pulling the bow taut, and releasing it. The arrow sailed toward the target, hitting just outside of where Rhona's own arrow had landed.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 12:29 pm

R
hona's arrow almost hit the center, causing Eydís to raise her eyebrows in excitement. Just the thought that she might be able to do that someday made her ecstatic. She gripped the bow a little harder, unconsciously. She wondered if she could use it on a person if someone would ever attack her, and she didn't know the answer. In that particular moment, she wished she was just a little bit more like Rhona, like her mother. Tougher, stronger, fearless. Rhona helped her to get to the right stance, which seemed a little unnatural at first. She watched the other woman as she shot again and nodded when she instructed her to fire in between breaths. She focused on her breathing. In, out, in, out. She pulled the tendon back as far as she thought she could. Together with releasing her breath, she released the arrow from her bow. It quickly leaped through the sky, towards the target, drilling itself a way into it. Eydís looked at it and saw it hit quite close to Rhona's. Her mouth fell open a little bit, totally baffled by the fact she did so well on her very first try. Her heart was racing from excitement. Eventually, she lowered the bow, still amazed. "I don't think I can do that again," she said softly. It had to be beginner's luck, right?

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 pm

RELAX

Rhona stepped back as she watched Eydìs look down before lifting the bow up, and lining up her shot. Twang, THUNK. The arrow that she fired sailed towards her intended target, and landed almost directly to the right of Rhona's own arrow. She looked back at Eydìs and let out a loud whoop, while running down to see how deep the arrow had gone. Pulling it from the target, Rhona looked to the back of the piece of thin wood and saw that it had gone deeper that hers. She looked back at Eydìs, amazed, and ran back to her side.

"It seems we have found your hobby, seamstress. This went deeper in to the target than mine did." Rhona said proudly. "Your mother's fierceness has been in you all along; it takes strength and focus to fire an arrow that deep, Eydìs."

Still shocked, she replied,'I don't think I can do that again,' Rhona looked down, thinking to herself for a moment, before saying,"You did it once. Even if you cannot do it again with the next shot, we know that you can do it. And if we need to, we will practice as often as you are able, until you CAN do that every time. What do you say?"

Rhona did not want to pressure her, she only wanted to help. Eydìs had a natural skill with the bow, and with her next shot, they would see how much that skill needed honing.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 11:45 pm

I
t send a shiver down her spine when the arrow slipped through her fingers and hit the target at an incredible speed. It was strange to think that a man could've been there. That she could've killed someone, just by letting the arrow part from her hand. Eydís still looked at the arrow in amazement, doubting that she really just did that, while Rhona ran down to retrieve it. She bared her teeth in a smile when Rhona told her it went deeper than hers. It was an amazing feeling to naturally just be good at something, although that conclusion might just be a little too premature. It was still her first try and to actually be sure that she could do this, she would have to prove herself in further trials. So she would. She confidently nodded when Rhona told her they would practice until she could do it like that again. Or better. She smiled again. "You really have a way of hyping me up for these things," she said with a satisfied grin. Eydís reached for a new arrow and nocked it anew. She took the stance she thought to be right and focused on her breathing again. Gently, she pulled back the bowstring and when her breathing told her to, she released it again. In a fraction of a second, she heard the arrow hit the target again.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 am

RELAX

'You really have a way of hyping me up for these things' Rhona heard before Eydìs sent another arrow flying down the field, sinking it in to the target in almost the exact spot that her previous arrow hit. Incredulous, she turned her head to her pupil, as a smile began to form on both of their faces. Looking at the girl she said,"I would be willing to bet my axes that that arrow is deeper than your first shot." She jumped forward and ran to the target again, seeing that she was right. Yanking the arrow out, she sprinted back to Eydìs and said,"You definitely have a calling for this. Your form seems to work for you, but we will need to build your strength before we work on your speed." Rhona was excited for her friend. She had not known Eydìs for that long, but knew that she needed something of her own, something she could do when she needed to be reminded that life was about more than the troubles plaguing you. But more importantly, Rhona now knew that Eydìs would be able to adequately defend herself and her siblings if they were attacked.

Rhona looked at the setting sun, and knew that their practice was over for the day. She hoped that Eydìs would be able to leave earlier for her next practice, and then had an idea. Turning to the girl, she said,"I know that you work quite a lot, but perhaps your mentor would be willing to let you leave the shop early one or two days a week, if I spoke with her?" Rhona looked at her, waiting for a response, as visions of training whipped through her head. Eydìs would be sore, but she would get even better than her already natural talent.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

Springtime (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) Empty

Back to top Go down
Springtime (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next