Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

PROFIELMessages : 146
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

Springtime (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 1:07 am

F
or what it was worth, she still couldn't believe it the second time. The arrow hit close to the previous one and she caught Rhona's smile. She smiled back. This wasn't at all as bad as she would've thought. To be honest, she was having quite a good time. She was still certain she could never use this skill to hurt another person. Maybe in the direst of situations, but still. She was not a warrior like Rhona was, and she never would be. She was okay with that. Sewing was something she was good at. It was safe and not too boring, and for now that was fine. Maybe one day she could go overseas, when she'd learnt to defend herself for real. She could see some of the people that the Vikings met. The cultures that they got in touch with. Hopefully, she would also be able to ignore the pillaging, rape and murder happening in the background. Eydís smiled again when Rhona said she had a calling for this. Maybe she could be an actual archer someday. The very thought made her shiver. Her, an archer. Her father would probably laugh at her if she ever worked up the courage to tell him. "My strength? How will we do that?" she asked Rhona. She was tiny and frail. Strength would be the last word that was to be associated with her.

The sun fell and it was clear their little practice session would end now. Eydís wanted to tell Rhona how grateful she was, time and time again, but she was aware of the fact it would get exhausting at one point. Rhona suggested practicing a few weeks a week, to which Eydís shrugged. "You could try, I'm sure the thought of me doing anything like this would just make her burst out into laughter," she spoke. She tugged the hair tie out of her braid and pulled the strands from each other. "Could I maybe- Could I keep this?" she then asked, a bit flustered, holding up the bow. The thing made her feel safer for some reason. And maybe she could practice a little in the meantime.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 219
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 pm

RELAX

'My strength? How would we do that?' A smile still splitting her face, Rhona began thinking back on her own training. Days upon days spent using her arms to lift anything heavy near her, over and over again, until she was sure that her arms would fall off. It was a challenge to her, to be better than even she thought she could be. The pain was easy to ignore when she thought about the glory that her fighting skill would bring. Although Rhona was not the best archer, her strength training helped her to focus on her aim, instead of the force it took to pull the bowstring taut."We will begin working your muscles, breaking them down so they rebuild themselves even stronger. It will be hard on your body, but only you can decide whether your mind is strong enough to ignore the pain, in return for being a better archer." Rhona's mind rolled as she decided where to start with the slim seamstress. She was brought back to reality as she heard Eydìs speak. 'Could I maybe- Could I keep this?' Rhona nodded immediately in answer, knowing that Eydìs was beginning to feel the pull of wanting something for herself, and herself only. "I am glad that you want to. You must familiarize yourself with your weapon, the same as you would any tool. I imagine that when you sew, you can tell by feel alone when the needle is becoming dull and needs replaced. You must know your weapon as you know yourself. Keep it near you whenever possible,
and you will find that it will seem to mold itself to your grip. I believe that we can infuse our weapons with our energy, so any time you hold this bow, do not allow self doubt to creep upon you.
You are strong already, and you will only get stronger, if you choose."
Rhona waited as Eydìs took in her speech, using the quiet to decide the best tactic for approaching Eydìs' mentor. She would need more free time, and suddenly, Rhona knew what to do. "I will speak with your mentor, as money usually talks to shop owners. I will order a new tunic or dress every week, made by her as long as you are allowed to leave early to train with me."

Rhona decided that she would make the order first, and then when the head seamstress gave her a price, she would increase that price as a tip to let Eydìs go for the day. She hoped it would work. Eydìs showed much promise, and Rhona was beyond glad that they had both decided to visit the water that first night they met.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Eydís Sverrirsdóttir
Dressmaker

PROFIELMessages : 146
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 1:55 am

H
er question had apparently summoned a smile to Rhona’s face, although Eydís wasn’t sure why. Did she have some kind of boot camp in mind? Because Eydís was completely sure she didn’t have the time nor stamina nor strength to do anything like that. How much she enjoyed the archery lesson, she was pretty sure she’d never be Viking-material. However, she was pretty sure that getting a little bit stronger would help out at the farm as well. She had to carry around heavy things all the time, which was nearly impossible for someone with her tiny frame. Her eyes widened when Rhona literally said she wanted to break down her muscles. Excuse me? “Breaking down my muscles?” she stammered, caught a little off-guard. “That sounds painful… I mean, I still need to be able to do my job, you know?” she started quietly protesting. She could picture herself, sitting at the dressmaker’s with arms like jelly. Signý screaming at her for not working hard enough. What a delight. The smile on her face did come back when Rhona said that she could keep the bow. Then followed a story, comparing an archer’s bow to a seamstress’ needle. And somehow, it all made sense to her. It was a tool, a piece of equipment to be used by a craftswoman. Eydís smiled as Rhona spoke. The little speech made her feel empowered, in more ways than one. She was strong, maybe not in conventional ways, but she was. Her mouth almost fell open when Rhona suggested to buy her time. ”Oh, gods, Rhona, I can’t ask such a thing of you,” she stuttered. She was grateful, immensely so, but she couldn’t just make Rhona spend all her coin to have her train her? If anything, Eydís should be the one paying.

Back to top Go down

Rhona Odinsdóttir
Rhona Odinsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 219
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 12:32 am

RELAX

Rhona paused at Eydìs protests, and realized that she was right. Vikings and shield-maidens could afford to tire themselves out completely, since their only job was getting better at fighting. Humming her agreement to Eydìs' statement, Rhona knew that this would have to be a slow build, instead of a quick breakdown. "You are right. We will have to take this slowly, since you have other obligations as well. We will start out lightly, so you only feel a small bit of discomfort, but can still do what you need to do in the shop." After hearing more protests from Eydis, about money this time, she replied,"I have plenty of coin laying around, and I always need more clothes. Plus, this gives me a reason to be better at archery myself." Rhona decided on a plan, deciding that for every day she helped Eydìs get stronger, they would both take instruction from a better archer for two practices. Rhona informed Eydìs of her decision, and waited for a reply.

made by Lucas
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Springtime (open) Springtime (open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
Springtime (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2