Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

PROFIELMessages : 49
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : UDDEVALLA

New Arrival [Open] Empty
PostSubject: New Arrival [Open] New Arrival [Open] EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 10:21 pm

Alvina had been able to make it onto a boat after leaving Redar. It had been a miracle that ship owner had taken her mothers necklace as payment for her travels. She hadn't wanted to give it away at all, but it was the only thing she had in her possession that was worth anything at all. The boat ride had been rough, rougher then normal she as sure because of her pregnancy. Alvina had gotten sick many times off the side of the boat, and hadn't been able to keep much in the ways of food down. The small amount of food she had been kindly given had all been thrown up and Alvina was so happy when the boat finally docked in a village called Skagen. It meant that she was in a new place now, and that she had some distance from herself and King Vidar. It would take him some time before he would be able to find her, and by then she would hopefully be on her way to somewhere new and even safer. She wasn't going to stop moving and doing things until she felt she was safe. That however might be something that never happens. She could never feel safe from Vidar, and that might be something she just needs to except as a fact.

Stepping off the boat she was stopped by the ship owner. "Here take this, you need it more." he said as she handed her back her necklace and walked away. Holding it close Alvina tried her best not to cry as she said "Thank you" to him before starting to walk toward he village. This was just the start to her fresh start. From this moment on she could have a chance at being something more than a Thrall. However she just wasn't sure what to do. She knew she was very good a sowing, but she was sure that this village had someone who made the clothes. Alvina was also very good at cooking, but where could she go that she could cook food for people for money? She wasn't very sure how things outside of being a Thrall worked. How the ranking system worked, or anything like that. All she knew was she needed to find a way to make money, and find a place to stay. All of that would take time, but maybe tonight she could trade her necklace for a safe place, or she could stay in a field somewhere. She really wasn't sure. Things would become easier with time, that was the only thing she knew for now.
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 136
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

New Arrival [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival [Open] New Arrival [Open] EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 5:42 am

The morning had come and gone and things were going so quickly and smoothly, with Maurr working at the docks, and now that she’d finally found herself an apprentice. Aleinn was a quick study, which was great because Freyja had a very particular way of doing things. If she’d realized how much more efficient she’d be with a few extra pairs of hands, she’d have been far more diligent in finding an apprentice sooner.

She let everyone go home fairly early, while she stayed behind to make sure everything was put away exactly the way she liked it. Freyja was planning to stop in to visit her mother and discuss whether or not she ought to go along on the next raid. There were a number of issues she had with leaving, but these were still being drowned out by her intense desire to travel. Maybe she’d talk to some of her friends as well, and get their opinions? She’d have to think about that.

Nearly ready to head home for the afternoon, Freyja noticed a ship at the docks, and paused, wondering who was returning or arriving in Skagen. She fully expected to see a few traders from other villages, and was mildly confused when an unfamiliar woman made her way down the dock alone. From where she was, the woman looked very slight, as if she was ill or underfed. Perhaps both. It was rare that anyone arrived in Skagen that she didn’t know; She practically lived at the docks during daylight hours, and was even fairly familiar with most of the traders who visited the village. So this young woman intrigued her. Plus, she was genuinely concerned the dark haired woman would collapse before she made it very far into the village.

Deciding to approach her, Freyja put a friendly smile on her face, and made sure to head towards her from the front, so she wouldn’t creep up behind the woman and startle her.

Hello,” she greeted when the woman’s gaze turned in her direction. “Please don’t think me rude for saying, but you don’t look very well. Do you need to sit down for a moment?” Freyja pointed towards the stack of wooden planks only a short distance from where they were standing. The stack was tall enough that you could sit on them, like a bench. “I’m Freyja, I’m one of the shipbuilders here.” She didn’t mean to overwhelm the woman, but after another few moments, her curiosity got the better of her. “What brings you to Skagen?
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

New Arrival [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival [Open] New Arrival [Open] EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 10:45 pm

Alvina was still looking around the docks trying too figure out what her first move would be when she saw a blonde women coming towards her. She seemed to be nice looking, very beautiful that was for sure, but why was she coming to talk to her. What did she need, was she one of King Vidar's men? Had she really come all this way just to be caught the moment she got off the boat. taking deep breathes Alvina tried to calm herself as the women came closer. She was smiling, so at least she looked friendly. Maybe she was just being to worried. “Hello,” the women spoke first. She sounded nice too, she didn't sound mean or angry. However that could be a trap, so that they didn't make a seen in the middle of everyone else."Hello" she said back with a little bit of a voice break at the end. She was very nervous,and she was sure it was showing in her body language. That would not do. People would see and know something was wrong and then she would have to go back to him.

Once the women was in front of her she heard her speak again. “Please don’t think me rude for saying, but you don’t look very well. Do you need to sit down for a moment?” she said and then motioned to an area she could in fact sit down on. Biting her lip Alivna wasn't sure what she should say back to the women. She knew she had to look pretty badly because of how sick she felt and how long it had been since the last time she kept food down. Maybe since she saw Readar, she couldn't remember. The boat ride had been very bad for her. "No I'm okay, I don't need to sit..thank you though...I am pregnant...thats why I'm sick.." she said awkwardly. She wasn't sure why in the worlds she just said that to this women but she did. It was like she trusted her in away, and that scared Alivna even more then before. “I’m Freyja, I’m one of the shipbuilders here.” the women, Freyja said next. At least she knew her name now.That didn't mean that the women was to be trusted yet though.

Freyja spoke once more before Alvina could say anything. “What brings you to Skagen?” she said and that made her want to run. She hadn't thought of answers to all over these questions yet, and that was clearly a problem. "I'm Alvina." she said at first kind of nervous still. "I...I came here to see a new place...I have never been anywhere else but the mansion..I mean my old village." she said and then wanted to kick herself. She needed to think more she fore she spoke, but she isn't suppose to lie. King Vidar made her scared of doing so. Of what he would do to her if she did. She rubbed her arm, out of habit when she had been branded, and her sleeve came up just a bit. Showing off her brand to Freyja, but Alvina had know idea she had done it. She was just trying to think of a way to get away with out being rude to the women."Are there cheap places to stay here?" she asked suddenly. Trying to change the subject, but also figure out somewhere she could maybe sleep tonight and a few more nights after. She wasn't sure how much her necklace was really worth.
Back to top Go down

Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Freyja Stafnsdóttir
Shipbuilder

PROFIELMessages : 136
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

New Arrival [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival [Open] New Arrival [Open] EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:49 pm

She hoped her smile was pleasant, when the other woman returned her greeting, but Freyja was honestly a bit worried. She didn’t look well at all. But when the brunette explained that she was pregnant, Freyja’s eyes immediately went to her stomach quickly before returning to her face. “Ah, I suppose a boat ride didn’t really make your life any easier,” sending the girl a sympathetic smile. Not that she knew what it was like to be pregnant, but she could still remember what her mother was like when she’d been pregnant with her sisters.

The woman introduced herself as Alvina, and Freyja smiled at her again. “It’s nice to meet you,” she told her, listening to her reason for being in Skagen. Freyja didn’t really think Skagen was anything spectacular. It was just home. So she didn’t really understand why someone would want to visit. But what did she know? However, it was the young woman’s next sentence that had her more curious about where she’d come from than why she’d come here. ‘The mansion’ she’d said. Something about the way she’d said it, and the way she’d corrected herself told Freyja this woman wouldn’t appreciate her asking where she was from, so she chose not to. For the moment.

Well, I would suggest the tavern? They should have some rooms available. I don’t really know how expensive they are, though?” Looking back towards the docks, and noticing the lack of anyone else accompanying her, Freyja looked Alvina up and down quickly. “Are you alone? I can walk you to the tavern if you'd like? It’s not exactly nearby.” It was a bit of a walk into the village from the docks.
Back to top Go down

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

New Arrival [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival [Open] New Arrival [Open] EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 11:15 pm

Alvina was still pretty nervous of the person in front of her. She seemed nice, but it could all be a trap. It was better to be guarded and stay free, then to be trusting and be sent back to the monster that did this to her in the first place. He would kill her or hurt her worse then he had already done before. “Ah, I suppose a boat ride didn’t really make your life any easier,” Freyja said and Alvina just nodded her head. It had been horrible and she was sure that it wouldn't have been so bad if she hadn't been pregnant. She had always wanted to ride in a boat before this, butt the idea of getting onto another one anytime soon made her feel sick to her stomach just at the thought. “It’s nice to meet you,” the women said to her next. She smiled and nodded her head again at her. "It's lovely to meet you as well. she said in return to her. It was nice to meet someone new, so she wasn't lying to her. However that didn't make her less nervous that Freyja was being nice for a reason. Everyone but Redar had only been nice for a reason, and most of the time it was just to benefit themselves.

She had almost ruined everything right away with her words, but Freyja didn't even seem to notice. “Well, I would suggest the tavern? They should have some rooms available. I don’t really know how expensive they are, though?” she said to her. Nodding her head she bit her lip in thought. What if they wouldn't take the necklace as payment? What was she going to do then? She guessed she would have to sleep outside until she was able to make money to pay for the things that she was going to need. “Are you alone? I can walk you to the tavern if you'd like? It’s not exactly nearby.” Freyja spoke again and Alvina looked at her for a moment. "Yes, I am alone. I have no one else...everyone is gone." she said to her first, unsure why she was starring that. "You may walk me if you want, but please don't feel like you have to." she told her next before letting out a deep breath. She was pretty sure she was going to be safe with the women. That was at least a little comforting.

Thinking for a moment she decided to ask what she was worried about."You think the Tavern as you called it will take trade? I don't have much to my name at the moment...not until I can find a job..." she said to her. She was worried about a lot of things. She had no idea out this all worked. How the world worked outside of being a thrall. All she knew was how to take care of the king and his home. This was all going to be very hard for her.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

New Arrival [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Arrival [Open] New Arrival [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down
New Arrival [Open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1